shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 10th March till 17th March

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday. We’ve got a winter storm warning here through tomorrow evening. I made homemade beef and noodle soup today figuring that would be good on a wintery day. I went to a different grocery store for groceries and it took me forever because I couldn’t find things. I bought a small piece of chocolate cake for DH and me to split. We had some low fat ice cream with it in a little while.
Lorelei, have fun playing with your new digital camera. I''ll be expecting photos of your new bling!
1.gif

Mara, sounds like fun to experiment with your cupcake recipe. If you come up with one you like with kahlua I’d love to give that recipe a try. There is a restaurant in a nearby city that has kahlua moose for dessert – they serve it in a fluted glass; we’ll use the handle of our spoon to get the last drop out of our dessert glass. It’s awesome! I’ll be struggling not buying clothes for 2 months but let’s face it – I don’t need anything else right now either. You’ll look great in your swimsuit this summer. Congratulations on going permanent on your job and good luck to Greg on getting a new job offer.
Skippy, I’m like you that I’m kind of glad to have some time alone when DH goes somewhere but I miss him terribly. My house is always the cleanest when he’s gone because that is what I do to keep my mind off it when he first leaves. That sounds like a great idea to go out for St. Patty’s Day tomorrow with a friend. Yay for signing up for another sewing class, a robe and pj’s aren’t too hard to make. Cool for you to get to see the VLA soon; I’ll be anxious to hear about it. I was asking DH if we could do the VLA, Grand Canyon and meteor crater all in one trip but that will be next year so I’ll do an online map search sometime and see. That is awesome you feel so comfortable with your sister. I get along really well with this sister but she’s very overweight and there’s been a chill between us since I started loosing so much weight. She doesn’t want to talk to me about it. When I gave my dad my collage picture yesterday I gave her one too and she turned it upside down. Either way, I’ll be there for her.
Ladypirate, I hope Kris gets well soon. Chicken soup should help.
Bee, good idea to take a healthy lunch to work. I hope you had a great walk with Amber and enjoy a quiet evening.
Steph, yay for getting on the elliptical. Your sugar cookies sound good. I was looking at the ready to bake bunny cookies at the store and 2 of them were 120 calories – not bad but I decided I’d quit while I was ahead and leave them at the store.

Well, take care and have a great evening. I am working on a talk for my astronomy club meeting and am finding so much information I''m going to have to filter out what I want to talk about.

Laters,
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you all had a great Sunday today.

Our day was actually very nice. The weather started off a little overcast, but the sun quickly came through and since it wasn't nearly as windy as yesterday, we were able to enjoy coffee and a bowl of fresh fruit on the terrace. We had decided to go out for breakfast as opposed to lunch today, so that was fun. I had a rather indulgent breakfast of traditional eggs benedict and homefries, which is a big favorite of mine. And they were so good too. Charlie had eggs, homefries and toast, which he enjoyed. For some time we had gotten away from real breakfast foods, so it's kind of nice to be able to enjoy a traditional breakfast once in a while. Then we just sat under the oak at Sbucks and enjoyed some pretty phenominal weather. Temps were around 80, with light breezes, perfect blue skies and puffy clouds floating by. We could have sat under the oak for the entire day, but managed to drag ourselves off to the gym around 3:30 and I guess the extra protein and carbs we had in our breakfast, helped to fuel very strong workouts. My ellptical run was particularly strong, which was a nice way to end the workout for sure. I decided to not baby my sore shoulder and just work through the soreness, which proved to be the right thing as the pain is completely gone. For dinner, we bought some jumbo shrimp and I steamed them Maryland style with old bay, red pepper and vinegar. I made my own homemade coctail sauce with chili sauce, fresh ground horseradish and lemon juice and we had steamed carrots on the side. It was just a yummy dinner for sure. Since it was such a spectacular evening, we went back out in my car with the top down back to Sbucks and we split a cinnamon roll from Panera with coffee and we were treated to a full moon under the oak and perfect temps too! Tomorrow, it's back to job hunting like always. We're also meeting with our realtor to sign the listing agreement to officially put our condo on the market. I am somewhat sad about that, but once it sells I'll look forward to finding the next place.

Mara, good for you deciding to book your Italy trip. Congrats on your contract going perm and I'll keep my fingers crossed for Greg to land that new job!! Sounds like lot's of good things happening in your lives for sure!

Looking forward to seeing new pics from your new digital camera Miss Lorelei!! Don't you just love new toys!!

I'm sorry you miss your HH already Skippy. I hope you find the time to enjoy yourself in his absence. I'm afraid I haven't seen Lipstick Jungle. I do miss DHW and Brothers and Sisters on Sunday nights though. I imagine shows will be coming back soon now that the writers strike is over.

I hope Kris feels better soon LP.

Sorry you had to work on Sunday bee*

I thought about you too yesterday Steph. I hope you had a great time in St. Pete. We didn't sit on the terrace yesterday because of the wind for sure.

Sorry about the impending winter storm Marcy. The soup does sound like a good thing to have on hand for cold and snowy weather. Stay safe and warm! Chocolate cake!! Yummm!

That's about all I have. I hope everyone had a nice weekend and your coming week is nice too.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, your day sounded picture perfect
3.gif
Yay for the rockin workout!!

Marcy, I am sorry about your sister; my sis and I have our issues sometimes too. I am sure she feels bad for not losing weight too; you should be proud of yourself and not let her get you down, she will come around. Stay warm and your soup sounds yummy!

Steph, glad you had fun w/your sil and worked out!

Bee, good for you taking your lunch! Ahhh, glad you had a good walk w/your adorable Amber; I just love goldens, pretty pretty pretty
1.gif

Well I am going to get under the blankets and try to finish a book this week. I made a Lean Cuisine Pizza, had some fresh raspberry's and watched how windy it was out; all the shurbs and tree branches were going crazy from the wind. It just now died down thank goodness. I talked to hubby on the phone briefly and he is good and said he didn't see any damage in Atlanta (he probably wasn't in the area where it happened). Sweet dreams all
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I already gave up on working on my talk. I rounded up a lot of things I want to cover and will work on it as the week goes by.

We made a reservation at the KOA campgrouds by Glacier National Park for our vacation this summer. Our camping site has wifi internet access so I won''t be PS deprived for the week. Woo hoo! It will take us 2 days to drive up there and we''ll be in the park for 4 days. We wanted to get our spot reserved now since our 5th wheeler is so big.

They changed our winter storm warning to a snow advisory so we are not going to get as much snow as they thought. They are expecting about 6 inches total of snow by tomorrow afternoon with wind so we''ll probably have some drifting. The best thing about snows this time of year is they melt right away.

Rod, I am glad you had such lovely weather to enjoy today. Your breakfasts sound great. I like traditional breakfast too. I cooked some frozen hash browns and eggs on my griddle this morning and baked some canned biscuits. I only used about 2 tsp of oil for the hash browns but they tasted okay. I buy the bacon ready to cook in the microwave and my DH had 3 pieces and I had one. It was wonderful. M-F I eat cheerios but on the weekends I like a real BF. The soup did really hit the spot today. I make homemade soup about once a month during the cold months (which in Wyoming is about 9 of them). The chocolate cake was not the best I''ve had but it was tasty none the less. Good luck on the job search this week.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, enjoy your book. My sister and I usually get along really well. I clearly remember not eagerly joining in on any discussions about dieting when I was so heavy. I understand exactly where she is coming from. I just worry about her health as I am sure so many people used to worry about mine. No worries about it making me feel bad though; I am very proud of what I’ve accomplished. Sweet dreams tonight!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2008 10:48:00 PM
Author: KimberlyH

It''s the price I pay for working with kids, they are just germ infested little buggers (I threw that word in there for you, Lorelei!)!
Nicely done Kimmie!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results