shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 10th March till 17th March

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

MAJOR pants weather is sweeping through the British Isles at the moment, 80 - 90 mph winds and storms! We haven''t been too badly affected yet in my area, but lets see what this afternoon brings....

Also welcome to our new members Selkie, QAS and Spark!
35.gif
I hope you find the thread and support here helpful! Welcome back to TDM too!

I am learning to realize that this journey is never about perfection in so many ways, and that some things never change. I still have heavy days and thin days, just as I did before I embarked on this lifestyle, even though I am smaller, trimmer and lighter, this new improved body along with my mind, still reacts the same old way. I guess this is part of the journey and adjustment process, especially once you don''t have a large amount of weight to lose, and improvements can be a little more subtle, the positive results don''t have quite the same impact as they used to. Sometimes I look in the mirror and don''t see much improvement, other times if I have to get a new photo done, I am amazed that the slimmer and toned creature in the pic is me!

So I have good days and bad, same as before. But the difference is this time, that I have a far healthier body and mind, so the bad days are less than they were. Most of the time, I feel good about myself, whereas before I rarely did, so that is really a huge achievement. Slow and steady effort and persistance is what got me where I am today, along with many of us.
36.gif
The results are truly worth it, even though I am not noticing dramatic changes any more, I have a healthy and trimmer body that should serve me well, which I am reasonably at peace with. And I think that is really reward enough!

Have a great week
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday.

Lorelei, thanks for putting this all in perspective for me. The results are slow now and frustrating when I am trying to reach that magical number I put on a pound instead of loosing. I know Saturday added that water weight and it will come back off but it is frustrating. Thank goodness we can see ourselves in pictures and notice even small changes. You are so right though that the rewards in mind and body are very much worth it..

ETA: Sorry to hear about your Pants weather. I hope you don't get too bad of a storm in your area.

Have a great day.
Marcy

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Happy new week all! Things have been crazy this weekend with both parents and in-laws here, plus my mother-in-law''s family from England happened to be visiting DisneyWorld at the same time, so they all stopped by on Saturday along with Adam''s grandparents plus another set of aunt and uncles. After all was said and done, we ended up having 25 people here for lunch on Saturday when I was planning for about 8 so it was crazy needless to say. Luckily I had kind of gone overboard and had plenty of food. Anyway, it was really neat to meet the family from England and Adam and I are talking about going over since we would have someone to stay with. No exercise for me this weekend, but I did do lots of shopping for house things with my mom and put up curtains, got a new duvet, etc. so I''ve been moving at least. I plan to do the elliptical tonight when things get a bit more calm. Everyone is leaving today except my sister-in-law who will be staying with us for a week since it is her college spring break, so I need to plan some fun things for her. Have a great day everyone.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning All,

Great opener as always Lorelei!!

Wow, 25 people for lunch Steph. Amazing! Sounds like you had plenty to keep you busy. Enjoy the elliptical tonight!

Marcy, that pound will melt off quickly for sure!

Mara, we''ve been thinking about selling the condo for some time. I didn''t want to put it on the market the moment we got laid off, but we feel we''d be happier in something that was way more affordable this time around. There are lot''s of options available in this downturned market. What we saw yesterday was cool, but not necessarily what we''d buy if we could. I want to make sure whatever we buy has a nice view and a great terrace to enjoy breakfast on. Thanks for thinking of us though. It''s much appreciated!

We don''t know what we''ll get into today. It''s a day of rest though, so no gym for sure.

Enjoy your day everyone!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Rod! We are all rooting for you and Charlie!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hello wwt! i am (sadly) back from costa rica, we had a fabulous time and i didn''t want to come home! adjusting to the cold, grey weather here is quite a challenge after being in sunny, vibrant jungle-beach paradise for the past 10 days. it was truly a wonderful, much needed break. plus we saw tons of monkeys, and they are better than tv any day! i could watch them for hours...

the food there was fabulous and actually quite healthy with tons of produce and absolutely everything made from scratch. breakfast was fresh tropical fruit, muffins, and eggs prepared in various ways, dinner was some sort of protein (often fish) with about 6 different veggie sides. and then there was dessert...but i actually lost a couple pounds while i was there, even though i felt like i ate a ton. probably cause i wasn''t snacking between meals or after dinner. we were fairly active as well - kayaking, hiking, treeclimbing, snorkeling, walking on the beach, etc.

so now it''s back to the grind. i am slogging through all the emails i missed while i was gone, which will probably take all day. food today is a pumpkin muffin, tuna sandwich with a pear and a clementine (i am craving fruit like crazy after having fresh mango, papaya, and pineapple daily!), and a clif z bar for a snack. friends coming over for dinner tonight, so i am making salmon with a moroccan spice rub, broccoli with garlic, and curried couscous. i will probably also have a glass of wine. oh, and i bought some sesame-currant mini cookies at tj''s, so i will have a couple of those with coffee for dessert.

i haven''t yet had a chance to skim through last week''s thread, but i hope everyone is doing well.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back SB!
35.gif
I am also partial to monkeys
9.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Good morning, WWTers! This weekend I discovered I'd gained back 2 of the 3 pounds I'd lost over the last couple of weeks, which was frustrating. I've decided that the area I really want to work on is my tummy. I have fairly good ab muscles, but the layer of pudge is something I could really do without. Kris wants to get rid of his tummy as well, so hopefully we'll be able to motivate each other.

Other than that, it was a good weekend--we had our new roommate move in and did a welcome dinner on Saturday, which was fun. Red Snapper Veracruz Style with potatoes and rice. We also saw "Once", which was really good.

The temp job I was working for the last couple of weeks ended Friday, so now it's back to freelancing. I'm looking forward to the move up North because I'll actually be able to get a proper job. Only a couple more months!

Skippy, Patiently_Waiting, Deelight, SomethingShiny, and Marcy, thanks for the compliments about my new avatar! You guys are so sweet.

Selkie, I love your signature--Eddie Izzard is hilarious. Welcome!

SomethingShiny, congrats on the potty training! It sounds like he's gung-ho. I'll put the recipe for the lemon pound cake at the bottom of this post.

Marcy, you look amazing! I am so impressed every time you post pictures. Congratulations!

Kimberly, feel better. Your walk sounds really neat--I'm glad you didn't get bit by the rattlesnake!

Phoenix, congrats on your running--sounds like it's going great. I love duck crepes (or anything with duck in general
3.gif
). Yum!

Welcome, QuestionAboutSettings! Good luck with your weight loss goals. It sounds like you're definitely on the right track.

Rod your dinner sounds delicious! Good luck with selling the condo. It sounds like it's the right choice for you guys right now.

Mara, I love that natural frozen yogurt. It is so unbelievably delicious. In fact, I might have to go take a trip to the place that makes it here in town (the ubiquitous PinkBerry) later today to have some now.
3.gif
I think it's a much better craze than all the cupcakereries springing up lately!

Skippy, your barbecue sounds delicious!

Welcome, Sparkalicious!

Lorelei, great opener this week (as usual!). The focus on being healthier overall is so much better than the yo-yo diets that just don't work, even if the results aren't as dramatic.

Steph, it sounds like you had a crazy but good weekend. A trip to England sounds so fun! You'll have to post pictures of your new house once you get it all decorated.

Welcome back, ShortBlonde. It sounds like your trip was amazing. You'll have to post some pictures.

And without further ado, here's the lemon pound cake recipe.

ULTIMATE LEMON POUND CAKE
Adapted from Luscious Lemon Desserts, by Lori Longbotham

3 1/2 cups sifted cake flour (not self-rising)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup butter (3 sticks), at room temperature
2 3/4 cups sugar
6 large eggs
1 cup milk
2 tbs lemon zest
1 tsp lemon extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 c fresh lemon juice

Preheat the oven to 300°F. Butter and flour a 10-inch (12 cup) Bundt pan.

Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together twice.

Beat the butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add 1 3/4 cup of sugar, a little at a time, incoporating fully. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour and milk in small quantities, alternating back and forth, beginning and ending with the flour. Add 1 tsp lemon zest and the lemon and vanilla extract.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for 1 1/2 hours, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes (really, do this. I didn't and I should have).

Bring the remaining 1 cup sugar, 2 tsp lemon zest, and 1 cup lemon juice to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.

Turn the cake out onto a platter and immediately brush with the hot syrup. The idea is basically to soak the cake through with syrup, so you may want to brush as much as possible on, let it sit for an hour or so, then brush more on.

IMHO, this cake is better on the second day because the syrup has soaked in even more. Yum! I may have to make some pound cake today...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all!!

sb welcome back from CR...i bet it was amazing!!
rod...sounds like you guys are thinking through all the options which is fab.
lp i haven''t had pinkberry but from what i have read re: reviews, i don''t know that i''d like it as much as some of the other places i have tried...every places makes their fro yo slightly diff and pinkberry uses a powder to make the tart yogurt...i prefer places that start with real natural yogurt. and i like it super tart which i think i have read pinkberry is kind of more gelatoy creamy. but i think if i just had one place to get it at, i would make do!! it''s so easy to be picky since we have so many places here.

so this morning i was like jeez those desserts have congealed into my belly!!! total lingering sweet coma. bbq food was yummy.

breakkie was egg whites, bacon, 1/2 english muffin. coffee. snack now is sugar free oatmeal. i feel really tired and a little out of it, but not sure if i am getting a cold or if it''s just allergies...could be either. i took some echinacea so we''ll see. i hate the time change forward in the mornings for sure...but at night its nicer that it''s light.

happy monday all...!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Well I skipped my TBT class today and just did 30 min on the ellipitical, but I did wear my waist trimmer so I sweat a lot. Long story short I had burned my arm while cooking the weekend before last and its not healing as well as I''d like and quite blistery so I didnt want to do too many arm exercises in TBT and irritate it. I have dermotologist appt in the morning...I can''t wait!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, great opener; I think trying on old clothes also is a good reminder of how far someone has come
1.gif
I think we forget how much we lost so pulling out an old outfit is a great reminder. hehe Dang to the pants weather, blowing blue sky's your way sweetie!

Mara, did you find a yofro yogurt place in my town?? I didn't see any.
7.gif
How is Portia, is she still itchy? Poor pup. Glad your bbq was fab and you are having springy weather!!!

Marcy, you should be proud; I am glad you are so excited and feel great! Good for your walk; next pic needs to be you holding up your old pants. hehe You rock!

Rod, I hope you and Charlie find something soon. Good for you weighing your options. Your workout sounds wonderful; I was worried I missed your bday but I remembered you had your bday not too long ago. Wow, nice weather and killer workout, great combo.

Steph, wow, 25 people, glad you had a blast. You should go out to England. Hubby and I did that; we stayed in London for 5 days and then stayed with family in the English countryside. It is so beautiful and green out there; I love all the pubs and the wonderful fish and chips w/malt vinegar. How exciting!!!

Ooooh, ShortBlonde, post some pics please!!!! I hear Costa rica is gorgeous; welcome back!!!

Ladypirate, you are tiny, I bet you didn't gain weight; it is just fluctuation going on and not really weight. Your dinner sounds good!! Thanks for the recipe!

Hey apple, good on the workout!!

Today from the allergy scratch test I found out I am allergic to trees especially Mullberry and lots of grass and weeds; also rice and soy! My doctor is worried about the soy so he sent some blood off to the lab and will let me know in 5 days. The weird thing is I use to get sick whenever I drink soy milk so I avoided it for awhile but not when I eat boca burgers.
40.gif
I don't really like rice so I don't eat it often; I guess I will find out soon enough if I am really allergic to Soy and Rice. I will still get my shots, but they wanted to makes sure what I am very allergic is put into my shots so I build up tolerence and don't suffer as much when these things pollinate. I am glad to have that done and they were glad I didn't workout for a few days, boy was that tough. hehe

I called hubby and said lets walk tonight!!! The weather is in high 50's low 60's so perfect outdoor walking weather. I am looking forward to it
9.gif
Have a wonderful day all!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
no skippy, i didnt find any tart fro yo in albuquerque which is so odd to me!! it''s not a small town by any means. oh well, the gelato place that you mentioned did pop up and it looks yummy hehee.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2008 4:18:27 PM
Author: Mara
no skippy, i didnt find any tart fro yo in albuquerque which is so odd to me!! it''s not a small town by any means. oh well, the gelato place that you mentioned did pop up and it looks yummy hehee.
Thanks Mara, I apprecite you looking! Gosh, I need to open up one of these shops; they sound wonderful! hehe
3.gif
2.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Monday All!

Dinner is in the oven (chicken and green chile casserole) and my lesson plans for tomorrow are wrapped up. HOORAY! John is coughing like mad and feeling terrible, poor guy. My cough is dying a slow painful death.

Rod, sending lots of fairy dust your way re: condo sales and a great new place to live. Life takes us on strange journeys sometimes and we just have to ride the ride.

LP, we live in a rural community, lots of horses, horse trails, etc. It really is a pretty place, we''re very lucky.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening...........Nothing much to report. Today, was nice weatherwise, I just was down in the dumps. All the uncertainty just kind of got to me today. I''ll probably be better tomorrow. At least tomorrow''s a workout day and a good strong workout always puts me in a better mood. We did have our Sushi, FroYo and coffee night and it was nice. One of the people I worked with, but had to lay off last fall met us, which was fun. I actually hired this person over 11 years ago and we''ve remained quite close.

I spoke with our realtor and started the ball rolling towards listing our condo. I actually feel at peace about the possibility, so I''m sure it''s the right thing to do at this time. I don''t think it will sell quickly in this awful market, so we''ll likely be here for a while anyway. Now, we''ll just start looking forward to the next living adventure (in Tampa) ahead of us.

Welcome back SB. Sounds like you had a wonderful time in Costa Rica!!

Hey LP, I''m sure those couple pounds won''t stick around long. The pound cake sounds fabulous and fattening!

Sorry you burned your arm Apple. I hope it heals quickly.

I''m glad you were able to learn what you''re allergic to Skippy. Soy huh? There''s so much soy in products these days. It may be difficult to completely avoid it. I hope you and hubby enjoyed your walk this evening!!

Tell John, I hope he feels better Kimberly. I''m sure you''re taking great care of him!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Had a nice walk tonight, another 2 miles. About 1.5 miles of that is a steady uphill, so it feels a little like work. Then came home, had salad, and Mac n'' Cheese. Yum.

That FroYo stuff sounds great, I''ll have to check out if there''s a place like that near me.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
I hope you had a great day. I baked a WW cake recipe tonight to take in for a birthday celebration tomorrow. It’s the angel food / can of pineapple cake. I really like it. I put a little whipped frosting on it and no one will be the wiser it’s not 600 calories.
Lorelei, I saw some of the damage from wind and hail over there and sure hope you and yours are doing okay. Pants weather for sure!
Steph, wow you had quite a crew at your house for lunch this weekend. That had to be a ton of exercise. Have fun with your SIL this week.
Rod, I’m sure you’ll find a great place to live when your condo sells. Sorry to hear you were blue today; I am sure your workout tomorrow will perk you up. Thanks for the encouragement about the pound. I am very antsy to get to minus 150 but it is sure going slow these days.
Welcome back Shortblonde. It sounds like you had a divine vacation. How fun to watch monkeys for entertainment and the food sounds yummy. The best treat of all is coming home a few pounds lighter. Woo hoo!
Ladypirate, rats for those 2 pounds coming back for a visit – but the key word there is visit. I am sure they’ll be gone soon. Thanks for the kind words about me. Your lemon pound cakes sounds scrumptious.
Mara, I am glad your BBQ food was yummy.
Appletini, ouch for burning your arm. Good idea to not irritate the blisters though. Good luck at the dermatologist.
Skippy, that is such a terrific idea to try on old clothes to see how far you’ve come. I wish I’d saved a pair of pants and a top; I only have a pair of sweats that barely fit me before and a cardigan sweater. I plan on trying them on when I get to minus 150. I will take pictures and post when I do. Thanks for the idea. Sounds like they will get you all fixed up with your allergy shots. That’s interesting about rice, it is one of the few foods that doesn’t bother me. I hope you and your DH had a lovely walk this evening.
Kimi, hooray for having your lesson plans done for tomorrow. Your dinner sounds great. I hope John gets over his cold soon. Sorry to hear your cough is lingering.
Selkie, yay for a nice walk and mac and cheese – life doesn’t get much better than that.
Well take care and have a great evening.
Marcy

Hi guys - wow, this thread moves fast! I am so impressed with how dedicated y''all are! I have only been exercising and eating right for two weeks, and it''s hard to imagine keeping this up permanently if I don''t see some results soon!

I am trying to eat at home more, because it seems like with restaurant food it''s hard to get a healthy portion size. Sometimes I eat out though, and it''s kind of stressful now wondering if what I''m getting is healthy. For dinner yesterday at a Thai restaurant, I had veggie spring rolls (they were just veggies wrapped in rice paper, not fried) with tofu and veggie soup. For dinner today I had a salmon salad with no dressing. It was just a bunch of salad veggies with a piece of salmon. It definitely tasted like a diet dinner so hopefully the calories correspond! It''s hard to figure out how many servings of salmon there were because it was chopped throughout the salad, and I know salmon''s high in fat.

Anyway, that''s pretty boring but I just thought it''s interesting how much thought I am having to put into making good choices - and can''t believe how badly I was eating before! Also, I wanted to recommend the Yoplait Lite yogurts - they are 100 calories and they are actually really tasty! They don''t have that weird aftertaste some artificially sweetened yogurts seem to have. They have an awesome Key Lime flavor.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome!
35.gif

I worked out again today!
36.gif
I can''t believe how incredible I feel and am really, really glad to be getting into a routine and feeling good about it. I hope I maintain this level of enthusiasm and trust that a positive support system, in the form of you all, will help me with taking ownership of this part of my attempt at lifestyle change.

I know that I am going to struggle with the food piece ... I''m a bit of a foodie and LOVE eating out ... Not good for my butt
38.gif

I am, however, feeling fairly confident that as I start to feel healthier by working out and taking care of my body that I will start to crave better types of food and will gravitate towards better choices.

Lorelei, I don''t know how you can work up such inspiration on a Monday, however, THANK YOU for doing so. I have found that, in the past, I have been involved in fitness or "diets" for the instant gratification and have failed to embrace or envision the long-term or past the first "visible" successes, i.e., smaller jeans that fit nicely, if you know what I mean.
20.gif
Now that I am getting older and I would like to avoid the pitfalls associated with a less than healthy lifestyle, I hope that this "lifestyle" will stick and that I will be as devoted and motivational as you all. I want to be better at or more understanding about accepting the "
14.gif
" days while not accepting them as defeat and mor jubliant about achieving the "
16.gif
" days while not accepting them as the finish line.

Thank you all again for the welcome and for your support. I hope that I can help you all in some way as well!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Question, this thread does keep busy. Don''t get discouraged by slow progress - we tend to believe Slow and Steady win the race. My recommendation on eating out is choose as wisely as you can, ask questions about how the food is prepared and see if you can have them cook you food without "extras". If I am in doubt about how many calories are involved - I cut my food in 1/2 when I get it and only eat one 1/2 of it. Many restaurants have nutritional info posted online so I often try to figure out what I want to eat (or can eat) before I go there. By figuring out what I want before I go that also keeps me from an impulse decision instead of a wise decision.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sparkalicious, I am delighted to hear you are feeling great about what you are doing. That is very important. See my recommendations to Question about eating out. We eat out quite a bit but I manage to generally choose wisely.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning all! Our walk was so nice yesterday except aftward our allergies were bothering us. Hubby always jokes there are no allergies in Hawaii (meaning we should move there since he could find work). . . silly guy! Tonight is muscle hour and I am looking forward to that and seeing one of my friends. It is really feeling like spring out; I have a flower garden in the front of my house that I need to prune. I think I will tackle part of that today; we also need to do yardwork but hubby leaves this weekend for business and comes back next so we will have to do it the following. Today is suppose to be a high of 65 and by Thurs 70 degrees, yay!!!
emhot.gif
I have to say enjoy your walk since there are lots of walkers here!!!
35.gif
Have a great day all!

Kimi, hope J feels better soon!

Oh Rod honey, hang in there. Glad you are feeling at peace w/selling the condo; I will pray it sells soon. Here is a big *hug* from your friend Skip!
Rod, I guess I will find out what the blood test says and what the doctor thinks. I know, it is crazy how many things soy is in?!?!

Selkie, good your your walk and the hills!!! My hubby would love your guinness btw. hehee
3.gif
2.gif

Marcy, glad you liked my idea. hehe This lady in weight watchers lost 100 lbs and brought in her pants to show us and it was amazing to see how far she'd come!
31.gif
Your cake sounds yummy!!! Can you post the recipe when you get a chance, pls.

Question, good for you exercising and eating healthy!
16.gif
Have you been counting calories???? Sounds like you are eating healthier but I noticed the difference when I was weighing/measuring portions and counting calories. You probably are doing fine but if nothing is happening in 2 more weeks that is what I would try. How many calories are you eating a day?? You might not be eating enough.

Hey Sparkalicious I forgot to welcome you (this thread moves so fast now, it is good to see you honey)!!! Good for you on the workout!! I hear you on the behind; that is where all my goodies like to go when I eat bad. hehee Maybe you could do substitutions. What is your downfall? Desserts, carbs? We can help give ya ideas for healthy alternatives or you just need to eat a smaller portion.
2.gif

Lorelei, I have to add my thank yous for you starting this thread each week w/o fail!!! You rock!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, sorry to hear both you and your husband have allergies. Springtime is sure bad for allergies. Your weather sounds wonderful, I hope we get warmer soon so I can get out and walk too. The cake is really easy. Buy an angel food cake mix that only needs water added and a large can of crushed pineapple. Pour the cake mix and can of pineapple (juice and all) in a bowl and mix it up like any cake. Bake in a 9 x 13 pan at 350 for about 30 minutes. It is wonderful.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2008 8:23:18 AM
Author: marcyc
Skippy, sorry to hear both you and your husband have allergies. Springtime is sure bad for allergies. Your weather sounds wonderful, I hope we get warmer soon so I can get out and walk too. The cake is really easy. Buy an angel food cake mix that only needs water added and a large can of crushed pineapple. Pour the cake mix and can of pineapple (juice and all) in a bowl and mix it up like any cake. Bake in a 9 x 13 pan at 350 for about 30 minutes. It is wonderful.
great thank you; I will have to try it out!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey all, I''m back again! After NY and getting engaged I kind of fell off the wagon (or jumped more like) but my mother and I joined WW a couple of weeks ago and I''m 8lbs down but still haven''t been working out as much as I should be. It''s all about to change though from tonight as there''s a new bootcamp thing starting in the club down the road from me, where army men will scream at you while you exercise! Sounds like fun
3.gif
Everyone still seems to be doing great so you guys have really motivated me for tonight after reading the past weeks thread. Wish me luck for tonight-I''ll post after it if I have the energy. My WW meeting is before it also so doubly nervous!!

Is the weather still awful where you are Lorelei? We seem to have escaped most of the awful storms. It''s a bit windy and stormy but not a huge amount.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m here Bee! The storms missed us for the most part thank goodness, as I am in the East. It was a bit windy last night, but I have known it a lot worse. Good luck with the workout tonight!

Spark, thanks for your kind words. You are right that it is easy to think of '' diets'' and working out as a temporary thing, instead of something we need to be mindful of all our lives for the most part. Living this way really does work, many of us eat carefully about 80% of the time, then use the remaining 20% to eat some treats, and workout of course. It really helps avoid feelings of deprivation and unfairness living in this way!

Another week where Hubby is busy and tired from work, which should ease soon once things calm down, so I will be trying to do some weights myself again tonight.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I just got back from the dermotologist and with some good news. The "blisters" around my burn are from one of the ointments I had used on it, he thinks it was the Lidocane in a thing called BurnStuff and the prescription he recommened is one that I already have at home, so I don''t even have to go to the drug store...he said it should be better in about 3 days and I don''t have to cover it unless I want to hide it.

So since I''ve been out for half the morning I''m going to skip my workout today and try to be productive since I have a long meeting scheduled for this afternoon. But I am going to try the step class at lunch tomorrow to make up for my sub-par exercise the first part of this week.

Also DH and I had a yummy semi-healthy dinner last night courtesy of Food Network...here is the link its bowtie pasta with broccoli.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
so funny to hear the newbies say that they think that we are all so dedicated and that they can''t really imagine keeping up with workouts and eating right if they don''t see results. that might have been how i was a few years ago but now it''s just part of my daily lifestyle. workouts and eating right most of the time are something that will stick with me forever. thank goodness! but yeah it does take a while to get there...it took how many years for your bad eating habits and sedentary lifestyles to become ingrained into you?? 10? 20? more? so yeah 2 weeks of eating right and working out doesn''t seem easy to stick with...because you can''t undo it all in 2 weeks. you just have to stick with it...and know that you are doing the right thing for your body REGARDLESS of what the scale says. women should do weight resistance training anyway for bones, not just weight loss.

anyhow, morning all!! yesterday was a typical monday...but it''s beautiful out here still. they are saying rain later this week so we took advantage and went for 2 walks yesterday at work. breakkie was my typical, lunch was soup, some chicken breast and some TJ''s veggie succotash. then i had this froyo fruit slushie thing from one of the taiwan pearl tea places which was actually quite good and they use real natural yogurt and blend it with ice then toss real fruit in. saw my trainer for an hour where we did pilates on the reformer and then manual abs where i swear i felt like my abs were ripping out of my body, but at least i know i worked them out !! gotta get those puppies back into shape after my 3 week hiatus. i feel fine this morning which is fab. dinner last nite was TJ''s pizzas and some leftover sausage bites from sunday nite''s BBQ. a few bites of ritter sport (love those biscuit ones, omg)

today i am taking portia to the dermatologist so i am working from home this morning. lunch will be whatever i scrounge up before my calls begin at noon for the afternoon. i''m going to the work gym for some cardio and arms tonite. not sure what''s going on for dinner...might eat at home or might get tacos or something...there are so many fab taco places around here that we haven''t tried, so i''ve been using Yelp recommends to try to get our taco on at least once or twice a week! hehee.

sounds like everyone is doing quite well, happy tuesday all!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/11/2008 11:48:50 AM
Author: Mara
so funny to hear the newbies say that they think that we are all so dedicated and that they can''t really imagine keeping up with workouts and eating right if they don''t see results. that might have been how i was a few years ago but now it''s just part of my daily lifestyle. workouts and eating right most of the time are something that will stick with me forever. thank goodness! but yeah it does take a while to get there...it took how many years for your bad eating habits and sedentary lifestyles to become ingrained into you?? 10? 20? more? so yeah 2 weeks of eating right and working out doesn''t seem easy to stick with...because you can''t undo it all in 2 weeks. you just have to stick with it...and know that you are doing the right thing for your body REGARDLESS of what the scale says. women should do weight resistance training anyway for bones, not just weight loss.
Absolutely right!! I have struggled with my weight on and off since I was a child, I was never hugely overweight, but more often than not, I was carrying a few more pounds than I should. Then I hit my late teens and all the silly dieting started, and continued until the summer of 2005, when the penny finally dropped....I finally '' got it'' at last, and now I look and feel better than I have done in years, added to which, Hubby is pretty pleased too!

It does take time to get to this point, but I think once you do, it is something that you can stick with, sometimes it is easier than others, but you tend to find that this healthier lifestyle is well worth the effort!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hello, all. I just finished reading last week''s thread. Thanks Mara and Rod for explaining (and posting a pic) of FroYo. I knew I was missing something!! It actually sounds really good. I eat lots of yogurt and I prefer the tart flavors over the sweet, but i''ve never heard of any place that would serve it up in delicious treat form.

Well, I''m in a rush to get going, so I''ll try to catch up on this thread later.

Thanks, LP for the recipe!

Hope all is going well!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results