shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 10th March till 17th March

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i attached a picture of one of my cupcakes from last nite...this is after decorating. they are as tasty as they look i am happy to report and the funniest thing is that even though i used all regular butter, sugar, cake flour etc etc...they only came out to be about 100 cals each as they are minis. the cake itself is 60 and the frosting is 40...so much sugar in there!! i gave away 3 to my grandma, about to give 6 to a lunch friend i am meeting, and brought 7 into work. greg ate 2 and i ate 1. and we have like 5 left at home. i love just making one batch of the minis because it's like portion control hehee.

mini cuppies.jpg

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
ooh, mara, those cupcakes look good! and i know that i''m still doing well, i had just hoped that the exercise would make me feel better (which it usually does), but instead it was one of those workouts where i was just dragging. happens to the best of us sometimes!

new plan - rather than biking, which is in the basement, i am going to meet up with a friend and her dog for a walk after work. i think i really just need some fresh air and sunshine, especially since there''s no window in my office and i''ve been feeling like i''ve been in a cave all week. and it''s 40 degrees here too, which is pretty darn good for this time of year!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Argh, ok, I''m trying not to feel stressed out about work . . . it''s research paper time, and I have to induct members into the two honors societies I run, and I just got a student teacher but she hasn''t started teaching yet (counting down the days!), and ack. Yesterday a student I had last year asked me to help her with her research paper about "Paradise Island." I thought, what a fun topic. So we discussed what she was supposed to write about and she said her teacher wanted her to pick just one resort on the island. OK. Then I looked at the list of possible choices, and it was all Geoffrey Chaucer, Beowulf, etc. Her topic is Paradise Lost, not Paradise Island. "Oh, ok, now see, your paper is about this really long epic poem. No, it''s too long for you to read it. Well, it''s a lot like Shakespeare. Yeah, I know, that''s hard. Yes, that must be why your teacher laughed at you when you got that topic." And it was along these same lines when I tried to explain how your source cards become your bibliography. I think she thought she had to pick a few entries from the sample bibliography and literally turn those in as her sources (I know, I know, you''re thinking, what kind of a moron did she have for English last year?). And this is during the study hall period when I should be helping my own students, or sending out applications to the honors societies, or helping my student teacher.

So anyway, deep breaths. I haven''t slept much this week because of the time change and not wanting to look like a disorganized idiot in front of my student teacher. If I weren''t exercising, I think I''d be a nervous wreck right now. As it is, I''m just a little tired, but I know I''ll get everything done.

I''m going on a run in a few minutes after my snack digests. I''m glad for the time change so I don''t have to rush out afraid the sun will set at any minute.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
PHX, wow, kids crack me up, crazy!!! Enjoy your run!!

SB, enjoy your workout!

Mara, wow, those are sooooo pretty, almost too pretty to eat. hehe How exciting you get to go to Italy!!! I didn't want to threadjack LTP thread so I had to say it here! You and Greg will have the best time and we too gained 10 lbs from all the gelato!

Yay got back from a 45 minute walk; the birds are chirping, the sun is out and it is 70 degrees
emhot.gif
, things are starting to bloom;
emrose.gif
life can't getting any better. hehee
9.gif
31.gif
Now time for some push ups and sit ups!!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey guys! Just a quick check-in to say hello. I''ve been busy showing my sis-in-law around town. She is here visiting with us for the week while she''s on spring break. I just gave her a cooking lesson since she will be moving to her own apartment in the fall and will have to cook for herself for the first time. We made stuffed shells, so should be yummy! Anyway, I haven''t really had much time to read through other than skimming, but Mara''s cupcakes sure caught my eye! Anyway, I''ll catch up later! Have a great night!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara-they look so tasty! You have me craving cupcakes!! I wish I could bake.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Well I didn''t exercise at lunch today, but because it was so pretty outside today I did go for a walk/jog in the neighborhood. Well mostly walking but I did jog 6.5 minutes, which is a really long for me, b/c I just am not a runner, but since I have PT tomorrow and haven''t exercised as much as usual I figured I''d take it up a notch.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I still haven''t read all the posts yet, so I''m just going to offer congratulations to those of you who''ve shed pounds, I know there has to be a few, there always is around here!!

Hope everyone has had good workouts!

Missed yoga again today! (argh!) I''ve only done like 3 in the past week. I took some Tylenol PM last night and couldn''t get my bum out of bed today. When I finally got up (you don''t even want to know when), I decided to play all day with the little guy. He''ll be spending the night with Nana and Papa tomorrow and Friday night while I get my wisdom teeth out. I figure he''ll have more fun there than with me telling him he can''t bounce/stand/climb/jump/roll/pull on me. Think I''ll head to the store tomorrow and stock up on soft foods. But, I''m not a fan of soups or casseroles. So, I guess it''s yogurt, ice cream, mashed potatoes, and pasta! That oughta put the pounds back on!

Oh, I have something to share with you all. (and it''s gonna sound weird...) I have a new muscle!! I haven''t seen it in years, but it''s popping out of my leg! Sort of strange that it''s only on my left leg, but I digress. DH actually noticed it. He said my legs look curvier (but in a good way!). Sure enough, a thigh muscle is straining its way to be seen! I think I must favor my right leg (the one with the bad knee), so that''s why the right leg muscle isn''t showing much yet.

Have a great tomorrow, all! I may stop in for a bit, but I''ll probably not post again until the weekend. Good luck and have fun WWTers!

1.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey..........

It was just a beautiful day weather-wise in Tampa. Bright blue skies, warm enough to wear shorts and a t-shirt, but with virtually ZERO humidity. Picture perfect as they say. We had lunch at home, then headed out to sit under the oak and have coffee early in the afternoon. Charlie went directly to the gym from there, I came home and did some job searching (nothing - nadda - zip), then I hit the gym around 3:30. I had a strong workout, but I struggled to get into it today. Once I got into it, I did fine until it was elliptical time. For whatever reason, the first 10 minutes were just difficult. Even though I had a good machine, I struggled until about 15 minutes in, then it got better and I managed to have a good and strong 35 minutes. According to the numbers, I traveled 4.48 miles in those 35 minutes and burned 576 calories. I''m thinking I was possibly a bit low on calories as I''ve been trying to cut back a bit since I''ve decided to lose a few more pounds. I may have to rethink how much I''ve cut back as I work out really hard and need to have enough fuel in me to power through the workouts. Anyway, it was just a bit difficult today. I''m sure tomorrow will be less difficult for sure.

Mara, the mini cupcake picture has me drooling. You know if you love baking, particularly cupcakes, they are all the craze nationwide these days. Cupcake shops are springing up all over the place. Maybe that will become your claim to fame. "Mara''s Decadent Cupcake Delights!"

SB, sorry you had difficulty getting into your workout too! Liike you said, it happens to the best of us........

I hope your run helped you feel less stressed Phoenix! Like you said.......deep breaths..........

Yay for a great muscle hour Skippy and for beautiful spring like weather. It sounds like you enjoyed your walk. I do pushups and situps virtually every single day. Pushups are just about the best all purpose exercise someone can do and it''s one that can done anywhere, anytime! And both are really good for your core if done properly!

Hey Steph, glad you''re having fun with your SIL.

Careful Appletini, that 6.5 minute run might become 10 minutes next time! Actually, walk/runs are really good for you and your cardio vascular system too!

Congratulations on finding a new muscle in your curvier legs somethingshiny!!

That''s about it for me for the day. We''ll be back in the gym tomorrow afternoon. Sleep well everyone and see you tomorrow.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope you had a great day. I got my denim skirt in the mail today. I could have gotten the next smaller size but I think this one is okay. I will have to shorten it about 8" this weekend, right now it''s floor length. It''s not going to be warm enough to wear it in the next few days anyway.
Kimi, good idea to set how many times a week to workout. I hope you get better soon.
PW , congratulations for working out so much recently and for seeing some changes in your body. That kind of progress is always exciting to see. I like thinking of this as a marathon because it is a challenge and well worth the effort.
Bee, you’ll have to find a recipe and make some mac and cheese from scratch. It is divine.
Rod, glad to hear you had a lovely day in Tampa. We’ve got rain and snow moving back in here, but I did wear a spring outfit to work yesterday. Glad to hear you had a great workout in spite of not really being in to it today.
Shortblonde, rats for being blue after coming back from vacation. I think it’s hard to get back to work after a nice vacation. I’ll be anxious to see your photos. Your water weight will be gone in no time.
Skippy, strange about the spinach pie cooking like that. I am glad you enjoyed the lovely weather while walking.
Mara, your cupcakes love wonderful and how terrific they are only 100 cals.
Phoenix, sorry to hear you are having a very hectic week. I hope things settle down for you soon. Enjoy your run.
Steph, how fun to give your SIL cooking lessons. My niece that just graduated in December asked for recipes so she can learn to cook. She can bake but doesn’t cook much yet. She’s in California doing an internship and doesn’t want to live on frozen dinners.
Appletini, glad to hear you had a nice run / jog today.
Somethingshiny, good plan to stock up on soft food. I am sure you won’t feel like eating much anyway. Good luck though. Woo hoo for a muscle sticking out. I keep finding bones I forgot I had – it’s cool.
Have a great evening and get plenty of rest.
Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, glad your day was gorgeous!!!
1.gif
Yes, get some fuel in ya next time; great workout!

Marcy, send the skirt back and get the smaller one.
31.gif
27.gif
I bet by the time it warms up the smaller one will fit; sorry snow/rain is out that way.

SS, yay for a curvy muscle, whooo!

Apple, yay for your jog!

Hey Steph and Bee!!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! I hope you all had a fantastic day!

I was a good girl today. I went to the gym and had a GREAT workout. I was in a funk all day b/c of work drama and I found myself distracted thinking about making it through the day to be able to workout. I made it and did my workout and I felt fabulous afterwards. My foul mood lifted and I was feeling good. I''m just SO excited. Who woulda thunk it?
9.gif

Kim - I like your idea a lot and feel similarily. It''s not time to worry about missing a day or so here or there its more of a question of keeping the goal in sight and ensuring that you set a target, for the week, for example and meet that target. Anything you do over and above the target is gravy but not essential. Thanks for the advice and for helping me fine tune my perspective.

Skippy & Bee -- One fabulous macaroni and cheese recipe coming up ... I share it with you and one condition .. don''t tell anyone that it''s WW ... at least not until after they try it.
25.gif
It is divine. If you make it, please, please, please tell me if you love it. I''ll post it at the end of my post here for you ... Enjoy!

Mara - Your cupcakes look ridiculously delicious! I LOVE cupcakes! We have a great cupcake place here but I would have to say your beauteous little mini gives them a run for their money ... especially for only 100 cals!
23.gif

Something shiny - new muscle ... Woohoo! Good for you! It makes all your hard work worth it when you actually get to see changes, right?
Marcy -- Woohoo to the new denim skirt! How exciting! Clothes shopping can be so demoralizing but now that you are a more healthy version of you it seems like it is smooth sailing ... Enjoy your sassy new skirt!

To another good day tomorrow!
35.gif

Skippy & Bee and anyone else who is interested ... here''s the Mac & Cheese recipe I was talking about.
18.gif
18.gif

It is SUPER easy to make!

Macaroni & Cheese
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
8 points per serving (356 calories)

4 cups hot cooked elbow macaroni (about 8 oz uncooked), cooked without salt or fat
2 cups (8 oz) shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup 1% low-fat cottage cheese
3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
1/2 cup skim milk
2 tablespoons grated fresh onion
1 1/2 teaspoons reduced calorie stick magarine, melted
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 large egg, lightly beaten
Cooking spray
1/4 cup fresh or dry breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon reduced calorie stick magarine, melted
1/4 teaspoon paprika

1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. Combine first 10 ingredients; stir well. Spoon into shallow 2-quart casserole coated with cooking spray.
3. Combine breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon margarine, and paprika; stir well. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over casserole. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Uncover casserole; bake an additional 5 minutes or until breadcrumbs are lightly browned.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, I will probably send the skirt back and get the smaller size. It isn''t very snug at the waist right now. Thanks for helping me make up my mind. My DH said it looks loose on me. Enjoy your nice weather for me.

Sparkalicious, thanks for the mac and cheese recipe. It looks great. I made the Paula Dean recipe for the family Christmas dinner and your recipe looks very close to it. That recipe was yummy. Yes, it used to be very demoralizing for me to go clothing shopping mostly because NOTHING fit me, now I''m enjoying it a lot. It does drive me crazy the vast size ranges you find. I''m sorry you had a bad day at work but that''s great your workout lifted your spirits.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2008 7:20:37 PM
Author: bee*
Mara-they look so tasty! You have me craving cupcakes!! I wish I could bake.
And thritto, I am gonna make me some cuppies soon!
30.gif
Bee, baking is easy once you master a few basic tecniques ( or use a mixer
30.gif
) and measure out your ingredients with the same accuracy that you would use when filling a syringe! Give it a try!

Most sponge type cakes are made in the same way, so once you can make a basic sponge mix, that enables you to make all different types and flavours
9.gif
18.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for that recipe Sparkalicious!! I will have to go and try and find some macaroni and try making that. It sounds delicious!!

Lorelei-I''ll have to give baking a go-I''m moving into my first house with D next month so I guess I''ll have to learn!! For some reason, whenever I cook anything it turns out awful. Seriously, even Amber wouldn''t eat my lasagna last time I cooked it and Amber eats everything!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2008 6:36:23 AM
Thanks for that recipe Sparkalicious!! I will have to go and try and find some macaroni and try making that. It sounds delicious!!

Lorelei-I''ll have to give baking a go-I''m moving into my first house with D next month so I guess I''ll have to learn!! For some reason, whenever I cook anything it turns out awful. Seriously, even Amber wouldn''t eat my lasagna last time I cooked it and Amber eats everything!!
Awww...naughty Amber turning her nose up!
face20.gif
Baking is great fun once you get the hang of it, and cup cakes are perfect to begin with!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2008 6:43:51 AM
Author: Lorelei

face20.gif
Baking is great fun once you get the hang of it, and cup cakes are perfect to begin with!

I didn''t blame her-I couldn''t eat it either. Although D did, which is worrying to say the least
3.gif
I''ll have to try the cupcakes-I''d be afraid I''d eat them all though!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2008 8:28:51 AM

Lorelei-I'll have to give baking a go-I'm moving into my first house with D next month so I guess I'll have to learn!! For some reason, whenever I cook anything it turns out awful. Seriously, even Amber wouldn't eat my lasagna last time I cooked it and Amber eats everything!!

face20.gif

I didn't blame her-I couldn't eat it either. Although D did, which is worrying to say the least
3.gif
I'll have to try the cupcakes-I'd be afraid I'd eat them all though!!
You can do it Bee, just allow yourself one or two - ( and one or 2 for Amber to test out of course!)
25.gif

Here is my best tip for baking, and being a vet student, you should have no trouble taking this on board!
41.gif
Baking is a science, unlike a stew, if you throw an extra onion or dollop of flour in, it will make no difference, inaccurate measuring of ingredients with baking can make all the difference between a failure or a success!
3.gif
So that is the key!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei and Bee. I''m with you ladies I''m going to have to bake some cupcakes soon. I don''t have any mini cupcake pans though so I''ll have to pick some up. Perfect size for those of us trying to eat sensible. I''ve been baking since I was very young - it was a great way to get treats to eat.
11.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2008 9:08:51 AM
Author: marcyc
Lorelei and Bee. I''m with you ladies I''m going to have to bake some cupcakes soon. I don''t have any mini cupcake pans though so I''ll have to pick some up. Perfect size for those of us trying to eat sensible. I''ve been baking since I was very young - it was a great way to get treats to eat.
11.gif
Marcy, I use the little paper cups on a plain sheet, seems to work ok. I think I will do some pink and some yellow cakies, pretty spring colours!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
G''Morning All!

Spark, I''m glad my tip helped, it works well for me as I can be a bit obsessive and it reminds me to look at the big picture.

I am feeling a bit better today, perhaps because I went to sleep at 8 last night. I''ve started taking Sudafed and we''ll see if that fixes this. If not off to the MD for me.

Have a great day.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all!! thanks for the compliment on my mini cuppies, they were snapped up quite eagerly by coworkers yesterday. and lorelei is right, baking is such a precise science. these turned out a little spongey rather than cakey flakey and i am sure it's because i added some fage to the batter before baking...i love me some fage and wanted them to be a bit more moist and they were moist but i think it also changed consistency. probably should have added a bit more cake flour as well. in any case, they were yummy and a big hit. for st patricks on monday i am going to make more of the mint chocolate ones i made last week. the mini's are fab because i can half the recipe and make less and then people don't feel like they have to *commit* to eating a whole big cupcake.

rod, there are a ton of cupcake places out here, i'd unfortunately have a lot of competition. i figure i'll just make them for fun...but it's nice to know i don't have to buy a $3 mini cuppie elsewhere all the time.

somethingshiny, you made me laugh with your new muscle comment. fab !!! i love seeing my body change.

rod, definitely be sure you are not cutting back on cals too much or else your body will start to hoard your fat and you seriously don't want that.

skip, thanks for the pre-europe congrats, we are crossing fingers we are finally able to go this year, we are such procrastinators!! we're looking at late october and i guess we will get our tickets now because we want to use miles to go first class and the next real availability in fall is october but it seem SO far away, i know it's not but it seems so funny to plan such a big trip like 7 months out.

oh and for those talking about the cupcakes, def get a mini muffin/cupcake pan, they are so handy for portion control and great for breakfast muffins too. i have the silicon cups that i use as well but honestly i find that the pan still works the best in terms of conducting more even heat -- sometimes people just put silicon cups on a cookie sheet but our oven is wacky so i have better results sticking with the pan. and i read that you should get a shiny pan rather than a matte, something about conducting heat as well. interesting stuff.

lorelei i want to make some easter cupcakes, just have to figure out what recipes to try. www.cupcakeblog.com has some fab tips and recipes...and she's located in SF so she's local to me.

kimi hope you feel better, you might want to see a DR big time, this cold is lingering. and i know i'm like a broken, ironic record but you should be getting enough REST...your body is probably exhausted because you are a gogogo person like me. when i was sick those few weeks it was like my body going 'dumbass! seriously! lay down'....so frustrating...but otherwise it will just drag out.

last nite we went to a team dinner at one of my fave places, we had a bad experience last week and i yelped about it and the GM wrote me and invited us to come back so we went last nite...it was wonderful and they treated us like royalty. i had my oreo cookie dessert and part of someone else's too...burp!!! but dinner wise was very good, tuna burger, a little artichoke, a slice of cornbread. dim sum for lunch with some friends (mostly shrimp and only one pork item and one fried egg roll). today is a more mellow day so i'll just do an eat-in healthy lunch. dinner probably tacos.

tomorrow i am heading up to SF for a QBR for one of my online sales programs so i leave the house at 8am on the train to SF and don't get back til like 5pm, so it will be a long day. and then we are seeing cirque Kooza which is in town here...i wanted us to try this fab italian place that friends have raved about in our little downtown nearby but Greg has a meeting til 5pm so it might just be a casual quickie dinner for us before the show which is fine too. i'm excited about cirque though, this is the third traveling show we'll see and while it's not the same as seeing a stationary show like in LV, it's still super fun.

anyhow, that's my update...sorry for rambling. hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2008 8:58:11 AM
Date: 3/13/2008 8:28:51 AM

face20.gif

I didn''t blame her-I couldn''t eat it either. Although D did, which is worrying to say the least

3.gif
I''ll have to try the cupcakes-I''d be afraid I''d eat them all though!!

You can do it Bee, just allow yourself one or two - ( and one or 2 for Amber to test out of course!)
25.gif

Here is my best tip for baking, and being a vet student, you should have no trouble taking this on board!
41.gif
Baking is a science, unlike a stew, if you throw an extra onion or dollop of flour in, it will make no difference, inaccurate measuring of ingredients with baking can make all the difference between a failure or a success!
3.gif
So that is the key!

Ok next week is cupcake making week! My parents are off to France, sisters are off to Rome and Edinburgh and I''ll be at home cooking! I feel so domesticated
3.gif
Amber will definitely have to taste a few!!
Marcy-you''ll have to post photos of your cupcakes when you do them!!

Quick question: What is healthy to eat in a mexican restaurant? A big group of us are meeting tomorrow at this restaurant-what would you order off the menu here

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
morning wwt! i am in a bit better mood today, hooray! i attribute this to walking outside yesterday, being excited to go to dance class tonight, and finding out this morning that one of my papers was accepted for publication. i have been working on this paper for almost 2 years, so it''s a huge relief to have it done and accepted.

food today: steel cut oats with banana for brekkie, peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat, tomato/red pepper soup, and a clementine for lunch, pear and luna bar for snacks, and lasagna for dinner (we ended up going out for dinner last night so it''s tonight''s dinner instead. last night i had a small thai curry with noodles, veggies, and shrimp). and still lots of water. i''m trying to get in plenty of fruits and veggies today since i woke up last night with a charley horse in my calf, and i''ve read it can be due to a lack of potassium and magnesium.

sorry i don''t have time to give everyone individual shout-outs...

have a good one!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats on the publication shortblonde!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so excited because I weighed in at WW and lost 2.7lbs, YAY!!!!
36.gif
I felt sort of stuck this last couple of months and losing a few lbs really gave me the push to get back on track, plus bathing suit season is upon us which is always motivation. hehee
emsmiled.gif
I am signing up w/a group to do the Breast Cancer Walk this April; it is 5 miles and I will hit up friends and family for a good cause and of course make a donation myself so I am excited for this and hubby said he would join me!!! My walk yesterday was great; I think I said that already and I plan to go walking again today. There is just something about spring (hmmm maybe seeing everything in bloom and I bought fresh herbs I want to plant in my garden today!)
9.gif

Sparks, thanks for the recipe!!! Yay for the gym missy; keep up the good work and glad you are part of the WWT!

Marcy, good for you; it is funny to hear you say I bought this or that and before we know it, it is too big once again (just my observation). hehe Sending good weather vibes your way; it is suppose to get cooler tomorrow but I wouldn't let it stop me from enjoying the weather today. hehe

Lorelei and Bee, you are cracking me up!!! I love Amber!!! I wish I had a gorgeous golden!
3.gif
I never know what to get when I go for Mexican; I ask how it is cooked and try to get seafood or chicken, and find out if their beans are cooked in lard or what. Hope that helps but if they are not refried in lard I order beans, veggie and shrimp fajitas depending on how they are cooked, yanno.
2.gif

Kimi, glad you had a good nights sleep; hoping the sudafed fixes ya up. Feel better honey!

Mara, I have a special place in my heart for Italy since that is where we honeymooned. Yes, that is wonderful and you have awesome people at work to help you figure it out; that is cool!!! If you can score 1st class seats that is great! I think we really lucked out this trip because our tickets were like $1800 and 1st class is like $10k for us and flying out we got an exit row away from the bathroom and then coming back the plane was empty so we each had our own row to stretch our legs and sleep. hehee I don't think it is too early to plan, I usually book trips like that 5 or 6 mo out since I like to make sure I get a good hotels. You are going during the perfect time; summers can get hot. We went in the spring (early May) and it was starting to get hot the last few days we were there; I am super excited for you and Greg!!! I love Florence and I bet you will too. Okay, I will stop because I can talk your ear off about it and I haven't even started talking about the food yet!!!!!!
18.gif
hehee Hey, I like it when you write lots; you are a good writer! Glad dinner was good! Enjoy Cirque tonight!!!

SB, yay for your walk and dance tonight and being published, good for you!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your publication SB!!!

Bee, I am so glad we were able to convince you to give cuppy cakes a go, you will enjoy making ( and eating) them! If you need any help just shout! Do you have a mixer?

Mara, what is that delicious looking frosting you used on your cuppies please?
drool.gif

The wind has dropped here thank goodness. No workout last night, but I will definitely be doing something tomorrow.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I had my PT session today...good workout. For our warmup I had to jog for 8 minutes, so its a good thing I did the 6.5 yestserday. Also its supposed to rain this afternoon, but if its sunny I might do a two-a-day and walk in the neighborhood, but definitely plan to be outside some this weekend b/c the forecast looks gorgeous.

Bee, Baking is really easy, you just have to follow the directions exactly. Also make sure you have some Pam with Flour for greasing pans. If I were you I''d start with boxed mixes b/c they are almost impossible to mess up. Also a great cookbook to check out is The Cake Doctor--it has tons of cakes using boxed recipes, and then enhances them.

Mara, I always bake mini muffins/cupcakes, they are just so much cuter and easier to eat. I dont think I''ve ever used my full-size muffin tins, but I do plan to next week b/c I''m going to make some muffins with apple slices on top.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Hi WWTers!

Last night was a date night so we went to this fantastic Tapas place down the road and had a romantic dinner. They messed up my drink order, so they gave me an extra drink, so I was a little tipsy by the end of the night! We had a ton of fun.

I''m off work today so I''m trying to get caught up on housework (read: force myself to dust rather than staying on PS) and run some errands. I wanted to pop in and say hi before I dash off to the store, though!

Bee, sounds like WW is really going well for you--congrats on the shed pounds! Hope the cows were fun.
1.gif
The mexican restaurants over there are so expensive! My favorite burrito place here is like 6 American dollars for a giant burrito. Also, it''s weird that they refer to all the fish as ceviche, which is a specific dish. Fajitas are usually a pretty good bet because you can pick and choose what you eat and it usually has a lot of grilled veggies.

PW, thanks for the congrats! It''s nice to know I didn''t gain those 2 pounds back after all. I love ice skating! I wish there was a rink where we live. Once we move up North I should get to start going again. I ended up making the lemon pound cake on Monday and we still have some left--it is so tasty!

Rod, thanks for the name of the book. I told Kris about it and hopefully we''ll pick up a copy. It sounds beautiful down in Tampa right now.

shortblonde, I hope your schedule gets back on track soon! Sounds like a walk was just what you needed. Congrats on getting your paper published!

Mara, those cupcakes look delicious. Kris laughs at me for distrusting those cupcake chains, but I think it''s such a racket to charge that much for something so little!

Phoenix, lol at the student! I hope your student teacher allows you a bit more time to relax.

Skippy, it sounds so pretty in NM! I''ve been on Kris to go for a walk one of these evenings, but we keep getting distracted. Congrats on the 2.8 lbs!

SS, congrats on the new muscle! I''m sure the right leg isn''t far behind.

Marcy, yay for a new skirt (and in the smaller size--woo!) You''ll be turning heads, I''m sure.

Sparkalicious, yay for fantastic workouts! Your mac & cheese looks yummy.

Lorelei, that''s the same thing I always say about baking! Kris always claims he doesn''t know how to bake, and I tell him that it''s far easier than cooking, you just have to follow all the directions. Cooking is an art, baking is a science. I''m glad the weather there is getting better, btw.

Kimberly, I''m glad you''re feeling better--I hope the trend continues!

appletini, it sounds like your PT session was great today--have fun outdoors this weekend.

OK, I need to fold laundry and then head to the store. Have a great day everyone!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good afternoon, everyone. The weather here today is GORGEOUS!! We just got back from the pool and while the water was a little chilly, it was really nice to sit out in the son for a little while. I can''t handle too much sun on my fair skin, so Andrew and I came back and left my sis-in-law to have some relaxation time by the pool. I signed Andrew up for 2 day a week preschool today that starts in August. I am very excited for him to start...I think he will really love playing with the kids, and I will love some time to myself (thinking maybe about signing up for a personal trainer to go to when he''s at school). Anyway, hope everyone is doing well!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results