shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Dress Fun

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2006 4:54:58 PM
Author: Angel7
JCROW-Do you want to know why it''s so hard for you to decide? I''ll tell you, it''s because you look beautiful in ALL OF THEM!!
I would have a hard time deciding if I were you too! They all look great!! I love the latest Reem you posted! Good Luck on your search!
I couldn''t agree more!!! jcrow, you are picking dresses that are extremely flattering to your figure and look great on you. You need to start picking some that look horrible so we can tell you not to get them!!!!

Of this batch, I love the front of #6 but not in love with all that poofy bustle stuff in the back. I think 8 looks amazing too and I really like 9 without that
applique on the front. Damn, this is tough!!!

What is your gut telling you? Is there one that you''re leaning toward more than the others? If you can narrow it down a little, it may help you (and us) make a decision!!! Are you still going to try on more?

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
I like 1 or 3!!!!

rms

Brilliant_Rock
wow, a lot of beautiful choices which you look beautiful in...how does one decide?
2.gif
I would have to say that my favorites are #1 or #6. I like the overall simplicity of the bodices on each of these compared to the other choices, yet they both have such a beautiful overall look to them that is really elegant.

surfrgrl

Rough_Rock
OK, I just looked at this entire thread for the first time just now, and I must say I was blown away by you in #3.

The dress is substantial, but I think if you are wearing substantial heels, the total impact will be the perfect proportion for a large cathedral. (If that is indeed the site.)

It''s got all the beauty of a classic wedding gown, but with the WOW factor of the skirt. And personally I wouldn''t be worried that it would look too dated in pictures in the future. I think the softness of the pickup effect would be pretty in photos, and pretty is timeless.

CourtHorn

Shiny_Rock
I like #3 and Reem "Lady" (forget the number on it)

You look great in all of them!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
My favorite is definitely number 2. It so beautiful and it looks so flattering on you! The back just blows me away.

Good luck!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
I still love #3! I don''t think it will look dated at all, just gorgeous!
30.gif
But they all look great on you, you can''t go wrong!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
CourtHorn- i like Reem Lady as well. I really do. BUT- i wish there was something happening on the train.
actually most of these don''t feel like they have a train. it''s mostly a ballgown dress. i want a train...Argh!
I think though with this Lady dress, we would be able to take the front applique piece and use it somewhere else, which would be cool.

anchor31-I like this one too, i LOVE LOVE LOVE the back. BUT- i think the top lace-applique-beadwork piece is a bit much. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the pleated waist!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2006 5:30:43 PM
Author: curlygirl
Date: 1/16/2006 4:54:58 PM

Author: Angel7

JCROW-Do you want to know why it''s so hard for you to decide? I''ll tell you, it''s because you look beautiful in ALL OF THEM!!

I would have a hard time deciding if I were you too! They all look great!! I love the latest Reem you posted! Good Luck on your search!

I couldn''t agree more!!! jcrow, you are picking dresses that are extremely flattering to your figure and look great on you. You need to start picking some that look horrible so we can tell you not to get them!!!!

Of this batch, I love the front of #6 but not in love with all that poofy bustle stuff in the back. I think 8 looks amazing too and I really like 9 without that

applique on the front. Damn, this is tough!!!

What is your gut telling you? Is there one that you''re leaning toward more than the others? If you can narrow it down a little, it may help you (and us) make a decision!!! Are you still going to try on more?

yes, i am going again to try on more gowns. we are even going to go to a Reem trunk show
31.gif
30.gif
I can''t wait for that!

After that it''s down to the wire decision time! AGHHHH!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
right now i am struggling with the gown shape. i always saw myself in a ballgown. but FI is a foot taller than me. if i get a full, full skirt, would i look to squat & stumpy next to him?? i don''t know.
or, would a long a-line look be better?

my waist seems to be best in those full skirts though, and the a-line''s (like the first Reem''s) seem to make my look like a ruler without waist definition...

CourtHorn

Shiny_Rock
There is no way possible that you will look like a stump! NO WAY! You have a gorgeous figure, and you will look perfect next to him.

It would be cool if you could take the applique from the Lady dress and put it on the back. I don''t think it looks good at all on the front, but it might on the back. Keep us posted.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2006 11:22:21 AM
Author: CourtHorn
There is no way possible that you will look like a stump! NO WAY! You have a gorgeous figure, and you will look perfect next to him.

It would be cool if you could take the applique from the Lady dress and put it on the back. I don''t think it looks good at all on the front, but it might on the back. Keep us posted.

i agree- i don''t care for the Lady applique in the front. i was even thinking of using it for the cake table.
i have heard of other girls using it on their veil...

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2006 9:59:42 PM
Author: jcrow
Dress 2: Eve Of Milady

I vote Dress#2 hands down!! It''s gorgeous on you! First of all you have a perfect figure to begin with, but the bead work up top accentuates your chest, then the pleats in the center really define your waist and then the dress flows out from there! It''s perfect! Not to mention the back of the dress is amazing too
4.gif

Definitely #2!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
thanks. hopefully i will be able to take/sneak pictures at the next few places i will be going too. i will post those as well. i gave myself the end of january to decide on a dress and order it.

oh! i am running out of time!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There''s something about all these dresses that made me hit good ol'' Photoshop... Did you try one with the natural waist accented by the embroidery instead of the dropped line?

The one dress that sort of fits this bill (the last Milady dress) seems the most flattering - well, at least in pictures.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I think I still like #3 the best of all of them.. but I also like the amsale one of the new batch.. .and the reem lady too. but looking at the pics again I still like #3. Yes its trendy, but I think all dresses will look dated no matter what - for ex all of these dresses are strapless - that in itself will prob date it anyway...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
val- i did try natural waists. i also tried other silloutes- like mermaid and a slinky dress. the natural waist didn''t do anything nice for my waist at all. i tend to have a short torso look, and the natural waist just made it look worse. i think that''s why i like the dropped waist on me. it makes my waist have definition and it lengthens my torso.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
ok- back from our second houston dress shopping trip.

we didn''t find a new dress. but, i have narrowed it down to 3 dresses.

1- reem acra, prosperity
2- eve of milady (pleated train)
3- eve of milady (grace kelly-like dress with pleated waist)

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i found out that the reem acra comes with a matching prosperity train. here''s a pic.

prospbackwithveil.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
alright- it''s down to 2!!

1- reem acra, prosperity
2- eve of milady, pleated train

E B

Ideal_Rock
Which Eve of Milady is the "pleated train"?

ETA: If it's the one I voted for before (with the cool possibly pleated train?) or the Eve of Milady you originally liked the most (with the cumberbund-esque sash around your waist) I'd vote for either of those. The Reem Acra Prosperity (from page 1?) didn't do a whole lot for your gorgeous figure, IMO.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
not the cumberbun waist one.

here are more pics of the eve of milady pleated train dress.

pleatedsideeve.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
another.

eveofMpleatedtrain2.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
another.

fronofEvepleated.jpg

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow, you really can''t go wrong with either...but since you do have to pick one, I vote for the Reem Acra Prosperity!
30.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh and by the way, I want your arms
2.gif
11.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
really- arms huh? i look at them and say, wow, i''ve got work to do on them...
thanks!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
if i went with the eve of milady, i would have the train extended a foot/foot-and-a-half. and i would have work done on the back of the dress, so that it would make a V at the top like in these pics (it''s just pinned like that now). it comes across really straight, and i think the V would be perfect.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh- i just don''t know which one!! agh!

and there''s a sale on the reem gowns that ends tomorrow. got to decide asap...
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Initially I liked the Reem and the Amsale a lot (actually, I looooooove the Amsale). Wasn''t so keen on the Eve of Milady but the more I see that train, the more I like it. Decisions, decisions! You''re lucky, seems like you''re not limited by budget or body type so you should just keep trying until you put on the dress that says to you "YES! THIS IS THE ONE!"

Good luck and thanks for sharing with us!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results