shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Dress Fun

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Well we have returned from our weekend of dress shopping. I am not sure that I found THE DRESS, but I thought I''d post pics anyway to get some feedback. For my wedding details check out my other thread.

Warning: lots of pics too follow...

Dress 1: Moonlight

dressselfpic2.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock

dressback2.jpg

kbarn21

Rough_Rock
the dress is beautiful, but i''m not sure about the waistline.....having the dropped waist brings the eye down....you have such a cute tiny waist, show it off!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock

MoonlightWholeFront.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Dress 2: Eve Of Milady

EveOfMiladyGraceUp.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
SanDiegoLady- The Moonlight dress is shown in Platinum, though i''d get it in white.

EveOfMiladyGraceBack.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock

EveOfMiladyFullFront.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Dress 3: Eve Of Milady

EveOfMiladyMarshM.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Dress 3: Eve Of Milady

EveOfMiladyMarshBack.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Dress 4: Reem Acra Prosperity

ReemAcraProsperityJc.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Dress 4: Reem Acra Prosperity

ReemAcraProsperityBackMirr.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh. They all look great on you. I loved the first one, but then when I saw the THIRD one.. it was just no contest.. but #4 is really beautiful too. But #3 is just to DIE for!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Dress 5: Reem Acra Superb

ReemAcraSuperbfrontjc.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
#3 is my favorite so far, which is weird because I LOVE Reem Acras. #3 looks perfect on you, though.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Dress 5: Reem Acra Superb

ReemAcraSuperbBackjcrow.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
#5 is awesome too!!! just gorgeous.. Can''t beat a Reem..

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
My vote goes for number 3!!
30.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
it's so weird but good to see yourself in the dresses in PICS. it really changes things for some reason.

our thoughts (my MOH and I):

1 Moonlight: my initial contender dress. more of what i would want to spend. pretty, like the material. at first i was looking for plain and classic, i think this fits. but- looking at it in pics, it's sort of boring. the train is plain. although it would bustle pretty, i think i need more ump on the train for a cathedral wedding.

2 Eve of Milady: Not the look i was going for, but once on very pretty and was the favorite of the dress trying trip. it was the most complete look out of the dresses. channels grace kelly. classic and would look good looking back in pics. makes me look a bit older- which is good. not a **cute** dress, which i am trying to avoid.

3 Eve of Milady: pretty, though could be overwhelming. we agreed that it was a bit much and seemed like i was on a pile of whipped cream. MOH thought the dress swallowed me. i liked the bodice very very much- though i thought i was against beading- go figure. definitely a wow dress. would tend to be dated.

4 Reem Acra Prosperity: Pretty, looking at the pics, i look flat-chested, which i am not. but i guess i am glad not to be spilling out. i don't care for the silver applica look- though it does come in white on white.

5 Reem Acra Superb: feels good on. like the dress, but looking at the pics, the front looks awkward on me. flat-chested look, again. and, the swoop thing at the neckline i thought i liked, but don't like in the pics.

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
When I saw number 2 I was thinking "Wow, that is a dress--it''s defitely couture!" It was just rich and fabulous looking and I can see why you love it. It looks stunning on you! More interesting by far than 1, 4, and 5. But 3 is my favorite. The skirt is just fluffy and yummy--is that why you felt like you were standing in whipped cream?! Seriously, though, that style skirt is my favorite, dated or not.

E B

Ideal_Rock
#2 is gorgeous, and you look wonderful in it! It''d be a great choice.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
DEFINITELY #1 or #3.
Depends what kind of look you are going for.... understated.. or opulent?!
I agree w/you about the Reems. I love them but they don''t look as flattering as the others.

You look fab in all of them though!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
thanks for all of your help. i am so undecided!! and it''s driving me crazy. i don''t have much longer to find and buy a dress- especially if i go reem or eve of milady- those take forever to make.

we are going again to look at gowns about the end of the month. we are checking out a reem and lazzaro trunk show and we are checking out other bridal salons.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
MOH''s husband (my FI''s brother) was looking at the pics and picked the Eve of Milady #2 Marshmallow dress as his favorite. i thought it was a strange choice for a guy- especially him!
He''s so understanted, doesn''t like standing out. and his wife wore a pretty, but plainish gown.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
#3 hand down...and the bodice gives you nice feminine curves

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
i think that they all look gorgeou!!! number 2 is my favorite by a lot -- but that''s just a reflection of my personal style. #3 is pretty, but a little too much for me -- though you are having a big beautiful cathedral wedding so it might work in the setting.

emstar.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I like # 2 or #3 because the bodice looks better on you. 1,4 & 5 don''t enhance your curves as much.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
i also love the detailing of the veil you are wearing with #2 -- if only i could find one...ahhh to hope

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2006 9:03:38 AM
Author: lovelylulu
i also love the detailing of the veil you are wearing with #2 -- if only i could find one...ahhh to hope

it''s funny because i was dead set against have a big lacey veil, but i agree it just works with the dress.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2006 8:50:51 AM
Author: lovelylulu
i think that they all look gorgeou!!! number 2 is my favorite by a lot -- but that''s just a reflection of my personal style. #3 is pretty, but a little too much for me -- though you are having a big beautiful cathedral wedding so it might work in the setting.

emstar.gif

we were worried #3 is a bit too much too. remember i am only 5 foot. my FI is 6 foot. but, like i said, in pics #3 looks awesome.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
if anyone has been following my Nov. 06 Wedding Ideas thread, we are proably going to have the reception outside in the garden terrace, probably with the tent.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results