shape
carat
color
clarity

wedding bands - no diamonds allowed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2006 2:22:14 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
I am completely with Cehrabehra on this one. I actually asked my husband to design a ring around a 2mm pipe cut platinum band, because that''s what I wanted. I looked, and I looked, but I just don''t have a pic of it on its own.

Nevis_2006_009.sized.jpg
Lauren - I don''t think I''d ever seen your whole set before and of course I love your assher & its halo - that set looks perfect!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2006 2:40:42 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
Lauren - I don''t think I''d ever seen your whole set before and of course I love your assher & its halo - that set looks perfect!!!
Thank you! I love it because I have no worries when I wear just the w-band.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
You know Lauren, normally I am not too fond of ascher''s or that setting, but yours is amazing! I just love it. It looks modern and classic at the same time. And the pipe cut band is so simple and beautiful!

*M*

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Me too, me too! I just got my band last Friday, so here it is!

Roll 36 - 36.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2006 5:20:01 PM
Author: mercoledi
Me too, me too! I just got my band last Friday, so here it is!
I really like that band!! and with the engraving on the face or side like that they won''t wear as much as if they were on the outside, likely last forever :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
18530996_xl_1.jpg

OKOK I cheated--it has three small diamonds, but if you turn it around all you see is a plain gold numerals!! 18K. My new wedding band.
When I don''t wear my ER, I''ll alternate wearing this one with my two plain wedding bands, one 24 k (2mm), and one platinum (2mm).

cheers--Sharon

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Ok, here''s my husband''s titanium band back when I first bought it. Now it has that "loved" look to it lol:

47b6da26b3127cce882996b6636600000016102BYuGTZwyYw

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/10/2006 12:25:28 AM
Author: Diamond*Dana
Here''s mine! I actually just picked it up from the jeweler this evening (had it polished). 4mm ... *snip*

well, I wish I had gottena a 4mm....but I got a 5mm from e-weddingbands, and it came today. I am devastated to say I hate my ring. HATE it.

First of all, I got a satin finish. It makes my diamond really pop,but I just can''t take the grayness of it. If it were a few years down the line, and was a patina, I could be fine with it. But I guess I really would rather have a polished ring, it just looks "new" for starting out.

Second, I got a 5mm, and I thought it would be rounded, and really look sort of like a rubber washer style, you know? rounded and fat? It''s the 2.3mm thickness, but it looks blunt on either side, not rounded on the edges so much as the interior. Photos of 4mm and 3mms always look so fat and washer-like.

So, I guess I am facing a complete return and re-do. Any advice or tips or empathy, anyone? Crying into my beer, here

N-jo

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2006 3:30:46 PM
Author: N-jo

Date: 11/10/2006 12:25:28 AM
Author: Diamond*Dana
Here''s mine! I actually just picked it up from the jeweler this evening (had it polished). 4mm ... *snip*

well, I wish I had gottena a 4mm....but I got a 5mm from e-weddingbands, and it came today. I am devastated to say I hate my ring. HATE it.

First of all, I got a satin finish. It makes my diamond really pop,but I just can''t take the grayness of it. If it were a few years down the line, and was a patina, I could be fine with it. But I guess I really would rather have a polished ring, it just looks ''new'' for starting out.

Second, I got a 5mm, and I thought it would be rounded, and really look sort of like a rubber washer style, you know? rounded and fat? It''s the 2.3mm thickness, but it looks blunt on either side, not rounded on the edges so much as the interior. Photos of 4mm and 3mms always look so fat and washer-like.

So, I guess I am facing a complete return and re-do. Any advice or tips or empathy, anyone? Crying into my beer, here

N-jo
I''m sorry n-jo! Is it platinum? I tend to prefer white gold in matte since it becomes creamy rather than grey.... plat to me really is a high shine sort ot metal. It can *easily* be shined to a high polish IF you like the width/shape of your band. Did you get a comfort fit? The edge can be shaped also when you get it shined IF you don''t want to return it - I''d return it though since you can and really nail down what you want...

and he ladies - let''s post more plain bands here so we can direct women in this dilema to find the shape they want!!!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
n-jo, even though you don''t love it will you post your ring here with the stats on it so we can at least reference it in the future?? :)

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
edited to add stats: 5mm wide heavy (11gms) comfort fit band, 2.3mm thick, from e-weddingbands

there's one view. yes, it's platinum, I'm allergic to white gold, so much so that my finger literally blistered for days after just trying on a few. We didn't want to take chances, so got plat, which I was fine with -- except the price! But I don't mind the patina of wear...thought I wanted satin, but...the satin right off the bat in this flat-looking, blunt-edged ring doesn't appeal to me after all. It sure looks good on others who have it here!

So, definitely going to go with polished. But do you see how flat the band looks? I have pics of someone else's ring that I hope it's okay to post a pic of, from here. Next post...

N-jo

heavy5mmCF.jpg

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I wanted the look of this plain band, just not too thin. Is it the size in width that makes this one look so puffy and rounded? Is it heavy, not heavy? I assume it's a comfort fit...

There are others at Pricescope similar to this one, if anyone wants to direct me to their pics.... wider than my e-ring. I wanted a band as wide as it can be and still be pretty fully rounded looking.

I know there is a thread somewhere of plain bands, and a thread tha includes a pic of a pave engagement band that has a wide wedding band, but of course, i can't find them. I need width and thickness specs, that will help as much as real pics of real rings on real hands!

(edited to add, this, I think is marriahlyn's wedding band and duh, the name of the .jpeg is 4mm!) I'd be happy with one just like this plain band... compared to my 5mm, it's "puffy" in the sides, yes?

4mm.jpeg

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/20/2006 6:13:30 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
I''m sorry n-jo! Is it platinum? I tend to prefer white gold in matte since it becomes creamy rather than grey.... plat to me really is a high shine sort ot metal. It can *easily* be shined to a high polish IF you like the width/shape of your band. Did you get a comfort fit? The edge can be shaped also when you get it shined IF you don''t want to return it - I''d return it though since you can and really nail down what you want...

and he ladies - let''s post more plain bands here so we can direct women in this dilema to find the shape they want!!!!!
Well, I loved the satin finish on Wallermama''s gorgeous rings, but I guess it just doesn''t work for me. I can fix the finish issue, but I am so curious as to how to get the rounded edges...I don''t think the rings I''ve seen here at PS, most of which are from e-weddingbands.com, are special orders for extra-roundy edges....

another pic of my 5mm heavy comfort fit. Ignore the finish, I''m already going back to polish. How do I get a curved, almost puffy ring like some of you have?

see the blunt edges on this ring? I thought the edges would be rounded, like the top and the interior. It''s comfortable...and thick -- but I didn''t want bluntness like you see here. That''s why I''m wondering if it''s the thickness as much as it is the width that is keeping the ring from looking, for lack of a better term,
"rubber O-ring shaped"

platheavyCF5mmedges.jpg

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
http://www.hkjewellery.co.uk/web/page/weddingrings-shape

see the bottom ring there on that site? Or even the second from the bottom... I like the rounded softer look. My ring looks more like the second one down in that column... I thought comfort fit would be as rounded on the outside as on the inside, this is what puzzles me....

in this photo, the platinum 5mm heavy comfort fit is on the right. On the left is a rounded, comfort-fit type silver band in 4mm that I had bought as a "test" ring. I thought the plat one would turn out like that silver one, just more rounded, puffy, and thicker.

As you see, the plat one just looks flat mostly. Slight softened, but not as curvy as that 4mm silver one. So, is it the thickness or the width that is making the plat one look so unlike the other one?

platonright5.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know what you mean...the only band that I ever ordered from e-weddingbands was a flat comfort fit, so I was expecting it to be flat. I have purchased from Bluenile and the 18K yellow gold that I received from them was rounded. You can always try them, they have an easy return policy as well. Otherwise, maybe go custom...shouldn''t bee too much for just a plain band.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I think you want a half-round comfort fit, and being wider does flatten them out. The height of the top of the curve doesn''t change when the width does so the rate of change is smaller with a wider ring.
7.gif

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I borrowed some from PS'ers (moderator, please remove of course if inappropriate) but these are rings I love and admire... I just wanted mine to be a bit wider.... my e-ring is too-too delicate for me at 2.5mm (it is not a comfort-fit)

I wanted a band to add some substance to my diamond ring, and also a band that would stand alone with some heft and presence to it.

I love the rounded nature of both these rings, and I think KristyDarling's is 2.75mm, but not sure if it's heavy, or specially domed, or fully-rounded or what... not sure what to ask for at e-weddingbands. I was hoping I didn't need a custom order... not that I can't do that. But I though I could get this look, just in a larger width. Maybe I need to stick with 3mm or less? I want it to be engraved, though...

My fear is that my wedding band, alone, will look like I'm wearing a keyring on my finger! I am just soooo not a skinny-ring gal, not at all. I have 4 rings stacked on my right hand, silver bands of various sizes and types. And I wear a chunky pinky initial ring on my right hand. My left hand looks out of balance with that skinny 2.5mm e-ring!

I wanted my wedding band to be almost... donut-like! NOt so fat that it spreads my fingers, but rounded...like the ones here, just wider... so frustrating! And I'm at work and can't call e-weddingbands for a consultation, though we have had a longgggg chat session! lol

thank you all for helping!

these but wider2.jpg

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The top one in this pic is very much like what I would like a 4mm to look like, but I figure it''s probably a 3mm, looks kinda slender.

The bottom pic is what I had thought my big heavy comfort fit 5mm would look like, with the pretty softly curved edges, instead of the chopped edges it has. (though that bottom ring looks like about 8mm to me)

e-weddingbands suggests going with a 4mm in heavy, still, and they will "round the edges a bit more to make it look more doughnut like" they said in their email. They sure are friendly and accommodating and offered to make all kinds of custom ones if I wanted, thicker, completely round, etc. I don''t want completely round, just .... allllllmost...

really appreciate everyone''s input, though. Still searching around for plain bands in pricescope archives

roundedrings.jpg

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/21/2006 3:36:54 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Steve''s is a two tone cable ring, mine is a 3mm heavy comfort fit band..

mmmm, gorgeous on both counts. Yes, that 3mm looks really fat and substantial, how can it look that way when my 2.5mm engagement ring setting seems so thin and delicate? Maybe I should go with a 3mm that so many seem to have... I haven''t sent the return yet.

By the way, I swear I don''t remember your engagement ring being like that, it is a stunning ring. I was gonna have sapphires on either side (when we thought we were getting a white gold ring & before we realized I was allergic and had to spend extra $$$$$ for platinum instead - bye-bye sidestones.) Some day, though, I''m having sapphires!

anyway, that''s not why you called. The 3mms look so thick and nice in all the photos of them on here... is it because the pics are enlarged or are they really a lot thicker when they are comfort fit?

thanks for sharing yours!

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/21/2006 3:19:19 PM
Author: N-jo

really appreciate everyone''s input, though. Still searching around for plain bands in pricescope archives

by the way, I am so sorry for threadjacking but at least it''s all been about the plain bands!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
N-Jo-

Have you tried Blue Nile? I just received a 2.5mm and a 3mm plain comfort fit wedding bands from them and love ''em! My initial reaction was that I loved the 2.5 but the more I wear the 3mm, I think I actually prefer it. I''ll try to post some pictures tomorrow (but in a different thread so as not to hijack this one).

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/21/2006 10:47:06 PM
Author: february2003bride
N-Jo-

Have you tried Blue Nile? I just received a 2.5mm and a 3mm plain comfort fit wedding bands from them and love 'em! My initial reaction was that I loved the 2.5 but the more I wear the 3mm, I think I actually prefer it. I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow (but in a different thread so as not to hijack this one).
I love them, that's where my perfect engagement ring came from. I do want wider than 3mm, though, and they dont' have that in my size in plat. Plus, the prices at e-wedddingbands are less. Though both sites have really awesome customer service. Thanks for your post, and show your plain bands, that's what this thread's about! I'd love to see them. The more actual rings on actual fingers, the better!

I just really wanted something wider than my e-ring -- it's just toooooo thin/delicate for my sensibilities. I'm a little bull in a china shop, who always wears hunks of silver jewelry. This thin little e-ring band feels so alone and weird on my left hand, when my right hand is chunked up with handcrafted heavy silver rings, not to mention leather bracelets, silver bracelets, lance-band and MS Hope band. My left side is the girly side, and needs some width under that e-ring!

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
Mine... 6mm two tone, comfort fit. I just got it resized this weekend after 6 years and now it feels even more comfy..

5976_6mm_14ktt_s7.jpg

alyson423

Rough_Rock
Finally got my set scanned, and I have a plain band, so I thought I''d add it to the thread:

ARJ7.JPG

metro

Brilliant_Rock
mercoledi - I LOVE the engraving on your band!

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ross-Simons has broken my heart before, too. They sure have pretty catalogs, though. Every time i see a sapphire eternity band, I think of you and your quest for one! I am glad you feel the same way about not taking off the wedding band, I want that baby on me forever, and am going to try. Very interesting how that 3mm band holds its own next to that awesome engagement ring of yours... Maybe because my e-ring setting is not a comfort fit, it seems more delicate. I always was determined to get a heavy comfort fit band -- we bought the thickest we could find at 2.3mm and still remain under like, $800! It was such a great value.

I sent my return and requested the 4mm with some extra polishing/curving at the side edges. Though...who knows, I may end up with a 3mm at the end of this mania. I sure am drawn to the way they look. But I'm good with the way some of the 4mms I've seen on PS look, so am hoping this will be the one for me.

thanks for your help, much appreciated, I love knowing the sizes of the bands pictured.

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my new Tiffany Lucida 3mm plain platinum band I received from Signed Pieces. I decided I needed a classic plain band for occasions when I did not want to wear my e-ring and channel set wedding band. Sorry for the crappy yellow indoor pictures.

47b6cc20b3127cce8f1a07348cdb00000016102Act27Zw0cMW

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Jfro- I LOVE it! I adore plain Lucida bands!

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
february2003bride--thank you so much!! I really really like it because of it''s simple understated elegance. If you look at the Show me your Tiffany & Co. thread, you''ll see I included a picture of it with my e-ring. It doesn''t quite match up (since my e-ring is an x-prong not from Tiffany''s), but it''s quite close and I still like the look. I''ll more than likely wear the band alone though...

fafa

Shiny_Rock
This is my Christian Bauer 4mm platinum band. It''s a bit heavy but very comfortable to wear.

DSC08666.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results