shape
carat
color
clarity

wedding bands - no diamonds allowed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm such a fan of plain wedding bands. They scream MARRIED without hinting at anything else... they're mysterious and yet they proclaim that someone loves you :) They are humble and unpretentious, they are the ultimate symbol of marriage and can definitely stand alone. They are timeless and the epitome of classic design. They NEVER go out of style. They're tough as nails and last for generations. They're easy to size and resize and resize again. When they scuff, they look even more charming!

So, just for kicks, I thought I'd share my plain gold band! I love it :) Don't get me wrong, I love eternity bands too! But for me they should be IN ADDITION TO a nice old fashioned wedding band :D

So share yours if you have one! Engraving optional ;-)

4mm wide 14k yellow gold size 8.25 comfort fit - hasn't been shined since 1991!

cbband1.jpg

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I love plain wedding bands! The 3mm plain plaitnum wedding band I was married with is long gone.
7.gif
My 2 year old DS lost it (but it''s really my fault). So now my 2mm plain Facets band is my plain wedding band! Attached is a terrible picture of it.

IMG_1122.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2006 11:01:32 PM
Author: february2003bride
I love plain wedding bands! The 3mm plain plaitnum wedding band I was married with is long gone.
7.gif
My 2 year old DS lost it (but it''s really my fault). So now my 2mm plain Facets band is my plain wedding band! Attached is a terrible picture of it.
oh no!!! this one is quite lovely though so...... :) Glad you joined in!! I love diamonds (big duh lol) but I love these bands...

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s mine! I actually just picked it up from the jeweler this evening (had it polished). 4mm 14K yellow gold, married with this in 1997...DH has the matching men''s version.

danaweddingband.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2006 12:25:28 AM
Author: Diamond*Dana
Here''s mine! I actually just picked it up from the jeweler this evening (had it polished). 4mm 14K yellow gold, married with this in 1997...DH has the matching men''s version.
I love it of course!!! hehehe I haven''t had mine polished since I got it but I''m thinking of having it rhod plated to match my new ring.... I dunno... I could just go way non-matchy LOL I designed the other ring as a stand alone and it''ll be 9mm across the top, 8 across the back... that could be too much ring, even for me!!! and I''m bummed because in my heart I''ll always be a "plain gold band" type of girl... maybe I''ll wear the diamond on my right hand haha

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock

What ''style'' of band is this? This is exactly what I think of when I think of the rings FF and I will wear one day.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/10/2006 3:25:52 AM
Author: Galateia

What ''style'' of band is this? This is exactly what I think of when I think of the rings FF and I will wear one day.
It is just a heavy domed band. It is not comfort fit, but it does have a lot of gold to it, very comfortable. My DH has worn his, everyday, for almost 10 years. He has worn it playing softball, to his factory job (bad, I know), slept with it on...etc.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/10/2006 2:08:01 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

I love it of course!!! hehehe I haven''t had mine polished since I got it but I''m thinking of having it rhod plated to match my new ring.... I dunno... I could just go way non-matchy LOL I designed the other ring as a stand alone and it''ll be 9mm across the top, 8 across the back... that could be too much ring, even for me!!! and I''m bummed because in my heart I''ll always be a ''plain gold band'' type of girl... maybe I''ll wear the diamond on my right hand haha
LOL, yes they are very similar, eh! You know, I am wearing mine right now with my 3 stone that is set in WG...I rather like the contrast between the 2....kinda like the difference between newlywed and 10 years of marriage.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I actually have 3 plain wedding rings, as well as my real diamond wedding ring. One is just a plain 2mm 18kt white gold band from Signed Pieces (I don''t have any pictures). This one is a 3mm 18kt yellow gold, comfort fit in size 4.

kvlygplain.jpg

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
And this one is 3mm 14kt white gold with single milgrain in a size 3.75. It''s not comfort fit, so it''s less comfortable to wear. I actually don''t really wear any of the 3 plain rings, since they weren''t the one I was married in. Oh well. I like to have choices...

kvlwgplain.jpg

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/9/2006 10:06:03 PM
Author:Cehrabehra
I'm such a fan of plain wedding bands. They scream MARRIED without hinting at anything else... they're mysterious and yet they proclaim that someone loves you :) They are humble and unpretentious, they are the ultimate symbol of marriage and can definitely stand alone. They are timeless and the epitome of classic design. They NEVER go out of style. They're tough as nails and last for generations. They're easy to size and resize and resize again. When they scuff, they look even more charming!

So, just for kicks, I thought I'd share my plain gold band! I love it :) Don't get me wrong, I love eternity bands too! But for me they should be IN ADDITION TO a nice old fashioned wedding band :D

I agree on all counts. My goal is to try to keep mine on forever, once he puts it there, and not take it off. I'm an older bride, so that's possible! Once my reluctance to marry went away -- after decades of avoiding -- I embraced all things marriage, and I want that ring to glow with significance!

So, I welcome this thread, and as many photos as possible -- with e-ring is good, but alone would really be great. We are just about to buy our rings, the wedding is 2 months away! Mine is going to be a heavy comfort fit platinum, thickness 2.3mm, probably from e-weddingbands unless I find another one at a better price or with better customer service. My e-ring is in a 2.5mm solitaire that is wayyyy too delicate for my taste, so I want a bolder band.

I am trying to decide what width band, though! And brushed finish or polished? I know the brushed will wear off eventually, but will it look so spotty when it does that I have to have it polished off or re-brushed? (guess I could use a Scotch Brite pad to refresh it without removing the ring) Or shall I go with the polished?

I would love to see any photos of 4mm, 5mm, 6mm bands, any metal...preferably a comfort-fit style, but any would help. I think I am going to split the difference and get a 5mm. I do want a fairly substantial band. (The one we are looking at will weigh something like 11.5 gms in the 5mm width)
The 5mm width will still leave room for at least one if not two eternity bands someday!

one more question: my e-ring has gotten very spinny since the season change. I am wearing a silver guard band to keep it in place on some cooler days. I think I have read here that adding a wedding band below an e-ring will somehow make the e-ring fit more snugly, so I think I am going to wait on sizing until I have my wedding band. My fingers taper, so the wedding band will be a half-size smaller than this e-ring, which should have been a quarter size smaller than it is, I don't know what I was thinking at the time.

So! more pics of bands! And please, tell me how and if yours change the fit of your e-rings. Thanks!

N-jo

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/10/2006 11:38:24 AM
Author: N-jo

Date: 11/9/2006 10:06:03 PM
Author:Cehrabehra
I''m such a fan of plain wedding bands. They scream MARRIED without hinting at anything else... they''re mysterious and yet they proclaim that someone loves you :) They are humble and unpretentious, they are the ultimate symbol of marriage and can definitely stand alone. They are timeless and the epitome of classic design. They NEVER go out of style. They''re tough as nails and last for generations. They''re easy to size and resize and resize again. When they scuff, they look even more charming!

So, just for kicks, I thought I''d share my plain gold band! I love it :) Don''t get me wrong, I love eternity bands too! But for me they should be IN ADDITION TO a nice old fashioned wedding band :D

I agree on all counts. My goal is to try to keep mine on forever, once he puts it there, and not take it off. I''m an older bride, so that''s possible! Once my reluctance to marry went away -- after decades of avoiding -- I embraced all things marriage, and I want that ring to glow with significance!

So, I welcome this thread, and as many photos as possible -- with e-ring is good, but alone would really be great. We are just about to buy our rings, the wedding is 2 months away! Mine is going to be a heavy comfort fit platinum, thickness 2.3mm, probably from e-weddingbands unless I find another one at a better price or with better customer service. My e-ring is in a 2.5mm solitaire that is wayyyy too delicate for my taste, so I want a bolder band.

I am trying to decide what width band, though! And brushed finish or polished? I know the brushed will wear off eventually, but will it look so spotty when it does that I have to have it polished off or re-brushed? (guess I could use a Scotch Brite pad to refresh it without removing the ring) Or shall I go with the polished?

I would love to see any photos of 4mm, 5mm, 6mm bands, any metal...preferably a comfort-fit style, but any would help. I think I am going to split the difference and get a 5mm. I do want a fairly substantial band. (The one we are looking at will weigh something like 11.5 gms in the 5mm width)
The 5mm width will still leave room for at least one if not two eternity bands someday!

one more question: my e-ring has gotten very spinny since the season change. I am wearing a silver guard band to keep it in place on some cooler days. I think I have read here that adding a wedding band below an e-ring will somehow make the e-ring fit more snugly, so I think I am going to wait on sizing until I have my wedding band. My fingers taper, so the wedding band will be a half-size smaller than this e-ring, which should have been a quarter size smaller than it is, I don''t know what I was thinking at the time.

So! more pics of bands! And please, tell me how and if yours change the fit of your e-rings. Thanks!

N-jo
My e-ring is pretty loose this time of year too, but I''m not going to resize because even putting a 2.5mm band with it (which is what I want) seems to tighten it up a bit. If I were you and planning on getting a thick WB, I DEFINITELY wouldn''t get the e-ring sized down. Go and try on some thicker bands at a store with your e-ring and you''ll see what I mean. Love your e-ring BTW!

jbehlow

Rough_Rock
I JUST LOVE WIDE PLANE BANDS.
I love gold and white gold!
I wear one on each ring finger. On my left hand I will wear an E - ring with it at times.
In the last 17 years of marriage other than swithing the rings I have never had my fingers with out two wide bands.

Jeanette

8a_12.jpg+.jpg

jbehlow

Rough_Rock
Another view

Jeanette

67_1.jpg+.jpg

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/10/2006 3:58:54 PM
Author: jbehlow
I JUST LOVE WIDE PLANE BANDS.

I love gold and white gold!

I wear one on each ring finger. On my left hand I will wear an E - ring with it at times.

In the last 17 years of marriage other than swithing the rings I have never had my fingers with out two wide bands.

Jeanette
I love the wide look, too. What size is yours in mm, or even, um, inches?
30.gif

Part of me really wants a 6 or 8 mm one, but I have smallish hands, and I do want room to add some bling some day between band an e-ring...

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/10/2006 3:36:21 PM
Author: FacetFire
Date: 11/10/2006 11:38:24 AM

My e-ring is pretty loose this time of year too, but I'm not going to resize because even putting a 2.5mm band with it (which is what I want) seems to tighten it up a bit. If I were you and planning on getting a thick WB, I DEFINITELY wouldn't get the e-ring sized down. Go and try on some thicker bands at a store with your e-ring and you'll see what I mean. Love your e-ring BTW!

thank you for the advice, yep, I'm either keeping it high towards the knuckle where my finger is thicker, or keeping it in place with my sizer next to it or a skinny sterling band. Trying to hold out sizing a platinum ring, because I feel that it will tighten up. However, none of my rings are heavy platinum like my band will be, I was afraid that my heavy wedding band under it might knock my e-ring right over the knuckle!

And thanks, I love love love my e-ring, too, even if it is in a skinny setting.
9.gif
That can always change someday, but I want the wedding band I get on Jan 13th to be my one and only plain band!

jbehlow

Rough_Rock
The gold band you see is a 12 mm wide band. right at 1/2 inch.
I tryed on other rings with it and can go as wide as 17mm.
If you want to add to a plane band try to think of what you would like to add to it then look for a wide band you can handle.
I started with an 8mm wide band and was disapointed in its width. so a year later my husband was confused as to why i wanted a wider band.

rms

Brilliant_Rock
Here is mine. It is about 5mm, 22K yellow gold from Lebanon. This was my mother's wedding band. Don't mind the ugly hands
6.gif

rmsband2.jpg

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my wedding band circa 1999. It is around 3mm, platinum and really comfortable. We used it for our Registry and Church wedding. We picked the simplest, plainest and thinnest band available at that time because DH wanted it at that way and we have matching bands.

PlatBand.JPG

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
This band was my mom''s when she married my dad in ''68.

It is 14k yellow gold and 8mm wide - each of the two indents on the sides are a mm each and the center part is 6mm.

aband1cb.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband got me this band in Dubai for our 4th anniversary... we weren''t together than anniversary so he gave it to me when he got home. He picked it out all by himself, bless his heart ;-)

aband2cb.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2006 5:58:46 PM
Author: rms
Here is mine. It is about 5mm, 22K yellow gold from Lebanon. This was my mother''s wedding band. Don''t mind the ugly hands
6.gif
oooh I wish I could see the detail more clearly!! I like it!!!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I know you said no diamonds, but the two rings are soldered together, so I couldn't take a picture of my wedding band without the little diamond ring too. The little diamond ring was like a promise ring, then my husband got me the plain wedding band, we soldered them both together because they looked good together.

weddingringSuzyQZ.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/10/2006 11:11:23 PM
Author: SuzyQZ
I know you said no diamonds, but the two rings are soldered together, so I couldn''t take a picture of my wedding band without the little diamond ring too. The little diamond ring was like a promise ring, then my husband got me the plain wedding band, we soldered them both together because they looked good together.
No worries...they do look lovely together!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
OK, here is Mr. SuzyQZ''s wedding ring.
He only let me take one picture, so it''s not very good.... he thinks I''m crazy LOL !!

So ladies, now go grab your fellas and take a picture of their wedding rings!!!!! Common, you can do it!!!

MrSuzyQZWeddingRing.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
36.gif
LOL! DH would think I am nuts! He is at work anyway...

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2006 11:11:23 PM
Author: SuzyQZ
I know you said no diamonds, but the two rings are soldered together, so I couldn''t take a picture of my wedding band without the little diamond ring too. The little diamond ring was like a promise ring, then my husband got me the plain wedding band, we soldered them both together because they looked good together.
oh that''s fine they really DO look so great together :) how many mm wide is the plain band?

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/11/2006 2:06:53 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
how many mm wide is the plain band?
Cehrabehra:

Sorry to take so long in getting back to you. I just came back to this thread.

It's about a 6 to 7mm comfort fit band.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am completely with Cehrabehra on this one. I actually asked my husband to design a ring around a 2mm pipe cut platinum band, because that''s what I wanted. I looked, and I looked, but I just don''t have a pic of it on its own.

Nevis_2006_009.sized.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results