shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Band Opinion, please!

CJMT2018

Rough_Rock
Hello! Looking for advice on the first pictures wedding band and pricing! Does it (1/2 ct, platinum) pair well with my e-ring? My fiancé thinks the wedding band is too underwhelming and is not proportionate. He also think it looks cheap. In stock at $1575. Worth it? Pretty? Proportionate?

I like the look and it’s within budget. The one I really want is 4x the price. Bigger diamonds, yellow gold. That’s forthcoming at end of this year, I hope. Maybe hold off until then?

8F57A17D-914F-4248-8E63-402238CCCB7B.jpeg
B4C54F05-3680-4A47-A3B3-06A7FB0CFBE7.jpeg

This one is 3mm yellow gold and within budget. I love the simplicity, but it might be a tad too simple. I like the presence and is a good placeholder, but it won’t satisfy in the long term.

2FDF07AD-0EBD-4CA9-A3C7-7E830B2B2465.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the first one and think its a classic with your ering but...its already Aug so if your dream ring might be coming at the end of the year wait for it.
I think the price on the first one is ok for plat.

Contact IDJ and see what they can do for you on that first ring you posted and for you dream ring.

Not loving the yellow gold band. I think you need a slimmer version. I'd go maybe just a tad wider than your ering (but I vote holding off until the
end of the year instead of spending money on something you may not wear after you get your dream ring).

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
I agree. I like the first one but would wait for your dream ring.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go with the first one plus a thin yellow gold in between. Best of both worlds.

Oh yes. This has my vote! That would look so delicious. Beautiful ring!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you have a dream band that you will get at the end of the year I would hold off but I like the first one as well

Rose-gold-or-bust

Shiny_Rock
I quite like it personally! Not to plant any crazy ideas, but how about plan to add another band to the other side eventually too?

CJMT2018

Rough_Rock
Hello again! Have I gone off the deep end? My e-ring is very low set and only 1.8mm thick (don’t know height).

We are very seriously considering the Blue Nile Luna eternity in 2 ct. tw. which sits 2.7 mm high. Will it look completely off the rocker paired with my ring? I do want a grandiose look, but would the pair be obnoxious? The rep thinks the eternity band may overpower my ring. Thoughts?

9367DDAD-FD27-4D90-BB02-C70AE22A4BE6.jpeg 9E38E12F-E322-41EB-BF5A-7C42334D45F6.jpeg

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
Hello again! Have I gone off the deep end? My e-ring is very low set and only 1.8mm thick (don’t know height).

We are very seriously considering the Blue Nile Luna eternity in 2 ct. tw. which sits 2.7 mm high. Will it look completely off the rocker paired with my ring? I do want a grandiose look, but would the pair be obnoxious? The rep thinks the eternity band may overpower my ring. Thoughts?

9367DDAD-FD27-4D90-BB02-C70AE22A4BE6.jpeg 9E38E12F-E322-41EB-BF5A-7C42334D45F6.jpeg

I feel like maybe you need to go try something similar on with your e-ring to see if it will work with it?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In general I like a thinner band that better matches the width of the shank of the e-ring as a band to be worn WITH it as a set (you do want to make sure the diamond DON'T touch the prongs because they will wear them down over time) and a larger band as a stand alone piece when you won't wear your e-ring with it.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I love the look of the shared prong ring you first posted! I returned a Luna ring because the stones were unfortunately not sparkly but your mileage may vary. Also, the rep called the Luna eternity the “bane of their existence” because lots of BN customers have trouble maintaining such a delicate shared prong eternity ring due to the diamond’s girdles being exposed and because the ring cannot be resized. Perhaps a seven, nine or eleven stone would be easier to wear. Lots of PSers recommend IDJ as they have eternities available and can customize with reasonably priced PS-picky stones set low to complement your e-ring. Nevertheless, I love the look of shared prong and think eternities are super luxe! Good luck!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
In general I like a thinner band that better matches the width of the shank of the e-ring as a band to be worn WITH it as a set (you do want to make sure the diamond DON'T touch the prongs because they will wear them down over time) and a larger band as a stand alone piece when you won't wear your e-ring with it.

Thanks for the reminder that diamonds shouldn’t rub against prongs, @Asscherhalo_lover! I’m in the process of selecting a wedding band as well and thought it was just diamond x diamond that should be avoided.

CJMT2018

Rough_Rock
That would likely be the Memoire 11-stone (petite prong collection) pictured in my original post. It was the perfect match height/width wise compared to my ring, but, to my eyes, was not proportionate to my center stone. I’ve gone off the deep end moving from .5 carat tw to a 1.80 carat tw carat with considerably more metal. I would be surprised if this ends up working out. I have a 1 carat tw eternity lined up as a back up.

I love the look of the shared prong ring you first posted! I returned a Luna ring because the stones were unfortunately not sparkly but your mileage may vary. Also, the rep called the Luna eternity the “bane of their existence” because lots of BN customers have trouble maintaining such a delicate shared prong eternity ring due to the diamond’s girdles being exposed and because the ring cannot be resized. Perhaps a seven, nine or eleven stone would be easier to wear. Lots of PSers recommend IDJ as they have eternities available and can customize with reasonably priced PS-picky stones set low to complement your e-ring. Nevertheless, I love the look of shared prong and think eternities are super luxe! Good luck!

Oh no! Did you exchange for another that works better for you, or did you go to IDJ? Do you have any IRL pics? It’s been very difficult for me to find any real life pictures or non-BN reviews of this ring and it’s driving me crazy!

Our wedding is on Saturday, 9/7 lol we really failed to plan for this very important piece in advance, so we are taking our chances and hoping this is a one and done.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That would likely be the Memoire 11-stone (petite prong collection) pictured in my original post. It was the perfect match height/width wise compared to my ring, but, to my eyes, was not proportionate to my center stone. I’ve gone off the deep end moving from .5 carat tw to a 1.80 carat tw carat with considerably more metal. I would be surprised if this ends up working out. I have a 1 carat tw eternity lined up as a back up.

Oh no! Did you exchange for another that works better for you, or did you go to IDJ? Do you have any IRL pics? It’s been very difficult for me to find any real life pictures or non-BN reviews of this ring and it’s driving me crazy!

Our wedding is on Saturday, 9/7 lol we really failed to plan for this very important piece in advance, so we are taking our chances and hoping this is a one and done.

I did return the Luna (it was a .5ctw seven stone) and still don’t have a shared prong although I am expecting a few wedding bands from BN this week that might go with my new solitaire. Eternities are gorgeous but more high maintenance and impractical for my lifestyle but I’m not giving up on them lol.

Since your wedding is coming up, you might want to order the BN ring and see what your think. You can always return it although I really like the first picture of the shared prong that you posted. It goes so well with your e-ring!

Let me find a picture of the .5 ctw seven stone Luna. I really wanted to like it but the stones were dead on arrival.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_2244.jpeg 93FA34F1-D9F3-4F64-A9A4-2E00B398263E.jpeg 188A35F7-6586-4957-A87C-18848D75B3EB.jpeg
https://www.bluenile.com/luna-seven...zZ6kyTOLKnq2RoC46YQAvD_BwE&click_id=772020833

First pic is with a 3 carat 9mm cz solitaire and the other pics are with a 1.6 carat solitaire with 1.6-1.8mm wide rose gold solitaire. I wanted to like it but the stones really left more to be desired. You can get better quality stones from IDJ or Whiteflash for around the same price.

https://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-rings/seven-stone-shared-prong-diamond-wedding-band-410.htm

That being said, I ordered an asscher eternity ring from BN that was BEAUTIFUL. Given your time frame, I might just order it and decide when it gets to your doorstep in 2 days. I would just hate for you to settle on mediocre stones but you’ll be able to tell with your eyes and gut whether you love it or not.

Worse case scenario there are always cz rings from Amazon as a stand in ring for the ceremony until you find what you love!

I hope this is helpful!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you decide to order the BN ring, you can use the code YESPLEASE for a 10% discount. They always have sales.

CJMT2018

Rough_Rock
IMG_2244.jpeg 93FA34F1-D9F3-4F64-A9A4-2E00B398263E.jpeg 188A35F7-6586-4957-A87C-18848D75B3EB.jpeg
https://www.bluenile.com/luna-seven...zZ6kyTOLKnq2RoC46YQAvD_BwE&click_id=772020833

First pic is with a 3 carat 9mm cz solitaire and the other pics are with a 1.6 carat solitaire with 1.6-1.8mm wide rose gold solitaire. I wanted to like it but the stones really left more to be desired. You can get better quality stones from IDJ or Whiteflash for around the same price.

https://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-rings/seven-stone-shared-prong-diamond-wedding-band-410.htm

That being said, I ordered an asscher eternity ring from BN that was BEAUTIFUL. Given your time frame, I might just order it and decide when it gets to your doorstep in 2 days. I would just hate for you to settle on mediocre stones but you’ll be able to tell with your eyes and gut whether you love it or not.

Worse case scenario there are always cz rings from Amazon as a stand in ring for the ceremony until you find what you love!

I hope this is helpful!

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures! Paired with the 1.6, it’s a perfect match! So pretty. Upsetting to hear that the diamonds were lackluster, though. Did you keep the Asscher?

We ordered the ring Monday morning with anticipated Wednesday morning arrival. I am a bit color sensitive, but will see if the color difference between the engagement ring and wedding band bothers me. Never had the luxury of being able to experience such a pairing! The 11-stone above has been set with all F-G diamonds.

If this doesn’t work out, we may go custom with my jeweler - he couldn’t turn a custom piece around in less than 3 weeks, so we went BN. He made my engagement ring and I am very happy with it. However, my fiancé really is stuck on BN. He wanted to purchase my engagement ring from BN, too.

If you decide to order the BN ring, you can use the code YESPLEASE for a 10% discount. They always have sales.

We were able to apply a 10% discount code to our order! Anxiously awaiting the shipping notification and successful delivery. :loopy:

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for sharing your pictures! Paired with the 1.6, it’s a perfect match! So pretty. Upsetting to hear that the diamonds were lackluster, though. Did you keep the Asscher?

We ordered the ring Monday morning with anticipated Wednesday morning arrival. I am a bit color sensitive, but will see if the color difference between the engagement ring and wedding band bothers me. Never had the luxury of being able to experience such a pairing! The 11-stone above has been set with all F-G diamonds.

If this doesn’t work out, we may go custom with my jeweler - he couldn’t turn a custom piece around in less than 3 weeks, so we went BN. He made my engagement ring and I am very happy with it. However, my fiancé really is stuck on BN. He wanted to purchase my engagement ring from BN, too.

We were able to apply a 10% discount code to our order! Anxiously awaiting the shipping notification and successful delivery. :loopy:

I’m glad you were able to apply the discount! Gotta love BN’s quick delivery. I hope you like the ring. Please feel free to post a ton of pics when you get it! :kiss2:

CJMT2018

Rough_Rock
We went to pick up my fiancé’s ring today and I was able to try in 7 pointers in a u-prong setting! This gives me a great sense for what to expect tomorrow. Ring size was 6.5, whereas the ring we ordered is a 4. I don’t feel any discernible discomfort, which is a main pain point for a lot of folks. The diamonds below are F-G, whereas BN is H with 9 points. I like the contrast between the height of the wedding band and engagement ring, but couldn’t handle much more height than this in the wedding band. No real question, just sharing the journey!
1613EB3E-3639-4A0F-AC10-515B93C8D763.jpeg 8EC2A2AD-1255-4155-AAA9-EAA9B8FB928B.jpeg 89C74110-B021-42AD-BD2C-EB7F5F514581.jpeg 139AF151-1864-420C-8046-639C4CE10D8E.jpeg 88645CF9-0714-4949-A19D-94D9CE9DDA84.jpeg E3042575-540B-410A-B3C8-9BC54563DC13.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results