shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding band for Victor Canera trilogy e-ring?

Bananas

Rough_Rock
I received wonderful help in selecting the diamond and setting for my engagement ring from this community. I am hoping I could get some help in selecting the wedding band too!

Pictured below is my engagement ring- a round with pears trilogy ring by Victor Canera (Center stone : 1.5 ct
Pears : 0.59 total ct weight. Shank approx. 2mm)

I would prefer a wedding band with enough visual interest so that i can also wear it alone. I don’t want it to compete too much with the engagement ring.

I’m having trouble deciding between these two wedding bands (two of the wedding bands pictured are the same from slightly different angles).
1. round in bezels (left side)
2. rounds with french cuts(?) or baguettes(?) (right side) - not the thin pave diamond ring.
I like them both. I would love your opinions!! I think I’m leaning more towards the bezeled rounds (1). Would this still look good with a round with pears trilogy?

(I believe I found most of these images on pricescope- I hope no one minds- they were Rosetta’s and diamondnut’s rings.)

Thank you!

img_10527.jpg

img_10528.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I were going to do rounds, I would probably go round shared prong but I really like the rounds
with baguettes (or whatever they are). Both pretty!

Your ring is lovely!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bezeled rounds, but single cuts, and super small too.

Bananas

Rough_Rock
tyty,
thank you! I still can't believe the ring is mine!
Shared prong is lovely but I worry about the rings rubbing against each other and wearing down the prongs. I thought I may avoid that with these rings.

Bananas

Rough_Rock
LLJsmom,
Thank you for weighing in.
Can I ask why the single cuts?

I'm looking at Brian Gavin. The ring is dainty looking- 29 x .015 ct melee. That isn't too small? I thought it may be too small to stand on its own. It states on the web site that it is 2.5 mm top and bottom width. And, 1.55 mm top and bottom height.

I think the one I have pictured was custom made and is a total of 1 ct.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bananas|1453861437|3982115 said:
LLJsmom,

I'm looking at Brian Gavin. The ring is dainty looking- 29 x .015 ct melee. That isn't too small? I thought it may be too small to stand on its own. It states on the web site that it is 2.5 mm top and bottom width. And, 1.55 mm top and bottom height.

I have a Jocelyn from Victor, and I have single cut melee on the shank. I love the reflection of light from the single cut much more than mrb for the purpose of this band. I can see the defined outline and sparkle of each stone very clearly, much more clearly than my mrb melee on my pave band. The pave mrb band just seems to seem like a line of sparkle while the single cuts reflect bigger individual flashes of light. That is what my eye sees anyway. I was assuming that you would have Victor make it. I think it would be beautiful. I would keep it small to prevent it from competing with your 3-stone. But the single cuts will make it sharp and bright enough to stand up on its own. Hmmm...maybe I would actually choose some bigger stones. My 2c anyway.

https://www.singlestone.com/bands_c24/page2/gabby-mini_p18/

I am not sure if I would do the millgrain...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Bananas

Rough_Rock
LLJsmom, I love your Jocelyn ring. So elegant. I see what you mean about the single cuts now.

I didn't think Victor made a band like this one! It would be great if he did.

The single stone version is gorgeous - definitely why I first started to fall for that style of band!

Bananas

Rough_Rock
Gypsy,
Thank you for your opinion too!

That is indeed a beautiful ring. Do I need to worry about the prongs wearing each other or the diamonds scratching each other with the dream band and my ring? It looks like the dream band may be set high?

Would this be the look? Perhaps these diamonds (on the band) are too large for my e-ring?

Thank you!

_36256.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1453863953|3982149 said:
Bananas|1453861437|3982115 said:
LLJsmom,

I have a Jocelyn from Victor, and I have single cut melee on the shank. I love the reflection of light from the single cut much more than mrb for the purpose of this band. I can see the defined outline and sparkle of each stone very clearly, much more clearly than my mrb melee on my pave band. The pave mrb band just seems to seem like a line of sparkle while the single cuts reflect bigger individual flashes of light. That is what my eye sees anyway. I was assuming that you would have Victor make it. I think it would be beautiful. I would keep it small to prevent it from competing with your 3-stone. But the single cuts will make it sharp and bright enough to stand up on its own. Hmmm...maybe I would actually choose some bigger stones. My 2c anyway.

https://www.singlestone.com/bands_c24/page2/gabby-mini_p18/

I am not sure if I would do the millgrain...

You can ask victor if he can make it. He has definitely told me he can make bands that he has not before. Or you can get it from singlestone. Are you close enough to visit a store that carries their pieces?

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Bananas, I think the band you asked about does have too large of stones.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bananas|1454064506|3983475 said:
Gypsy,

That is indeed a beautiful ring. Do I need to worry about the prongs wearing each other or the diamonds scratching each other with the dream band and my ring? It looks like the dream band may be set high?

Would this be the look? Perhaps these diamonds (on the band) are too large for my e-ring?

Thank you!

Are those 5 pointers?

Those are definitely too big, and that setting is awkward.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I honestly like a plain band a lot with a three stone ring. I also like MGR's diamond Tiffany band with a three stone. I think the ring needs straight edges and not be scalloped like a shared prong band, personally. I think since you already have pears and a round in the e-ring, I'd want the band to be simple. I think it does need to be regular round brilliants, though, to go with your center stone.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-tiffany-anniversary.161038/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-tiffany-anniversary.161038/[/URL]

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bananas|1454064506|3983475 said:
Gypsy,

Thank you!

I feel the stones are too big. The band overwhelms your e-ring.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results