shape
carat
color
clarity

Want the Jewelry store effect at home?

fofolala

Rough_Rock
I have an IKEA kitchen counter light that is 3 white LEDs. A picture is attached. Similar items can be purchased at amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Fulcrum-30010-301-Wireless-Stick--Silver/dp/B000R7PM36/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467583308&sr=8-1&keywords=ikea+counter+light

I took several pictures of the ring with my cell phone (as my camera) and ring both resting in a stationary position, and I moved the LED light around to different angles to get different fire-y sparkles.

If you use an android phone or google photos, google photos will often make an animation for you. otherwise, its easy to make it yourself. Gifs don't seem to work on pricescope, so here's an example I just uploaded to imgur: imgur. com/2JnhYxf (remove the space)

img_20160703_122736-animation.gif

img_20160703_122824.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's cool - thanks for sharing! So many indoor lights and paint colors aren't great for diamonds - you can have instant sparkle with this light!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll tell you another secret about light bulbs. They make regular light bulbs that are halogen. That is the lighting that makes diamonds the most beautiful. They were in the bathroom lights somewhere we visit. I am going to replace some of my light bulbs at home with halogen!

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like using my smartphone flashlight to create a similar spot lighting environment. It is something that is uniform, consistent, and portable. It creates A lighting condition that I have full control over, no matter where I am at.

At the jewelry store, I block all store lighting, and use the flashlight as the main light source and see how facets light up.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How cool!! I'm gonna buy some halogen lightbulbs! [emoji362][emoji184][emoji7]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results