#JOTW Vintage Tiffany & Co French Cut 5 Stone

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is only one word for that ring - Exquisite! :appl:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ohhh my god oh my god oh my god!!!!! It's a DREAM! Congrats Demelza!!!

When MayK first posted the ring, I saved photos and I'm using them as inspiration for a 5-6 stone frenchie band I'm having made. It won't be a copy, but the same general idea.

I'm so happy to see this ring went to a PSer! And all the beautiful photos! This is just too good to be true :lickout:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, it is gorgeous! :love: :love:

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Crazy beautiful, what an amazing find!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that ring is unbelievable :love: :love: :love: What a stunning and unique piece! Great find MayK!!!! :appl:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, I absolutely love everything about it! The setting is wonderful and the frenchies......ooooo la la. :appl:

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
VRBeauty said:
There is only one word for that ring - Exquisite! :appl:
My exact thoughts as I scrolled down. I am going to save pics of this one if ever I decide to make mine into a five stone :naughty:

Just LOVELY!!! Congrats on the purchase and awesome find. Definitely a rare one!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
mom2boys|1371182852|3465592 said:
How pretty! Can you tell us the width of the french cuts? How will you wear it?

According to Dave, the ring measures 4.2 mm at the widest point and tapers down to a very thin 1.05 mm. As for how I will wear it, I don't care for it with other bands, so I plan to wear it on its own on my right hand.

Thanks again for all the nice comments! I am so grateful to Mayk for finding this one!!

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the extra handshots! Truly beautiful. In the one handshot, the stones look like they're carrying pastels, hubba hubba!

ETA: And that side cut out, flower-shape! So lovely.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You BET this is the jewel of the week! :appl:

I think this calls for more photos :bigsmile:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is an extraordinarily beautiful ring!!!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
woofmama|1371175250|3465520 said:
I'm so happy for you :)) But sad for me :(( I went for it too and messaged the seller, it is sooooooooooooo beautiful :love: :love: :love: I knew a PSer must have bought, glad to see it show up here :appl:

MayK if you see my post, find another one, pretty please :cheeky:

Enjoy it and post more pictures!

I'm looking....all the time... :devil:

Demelza.. :wavey: . Your pictures blow away the eBay shots! Those hand shots are pure perfection... You now own two Holy Grails! Enjoy! :appl: Great impulse decision! Amazing!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
It's amazing!! What an amazing piece to own.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the most amazing ring! The side details are so pretty!!!!!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,
I love French Cuts, your ring is stunning. I don't think I have seen many as amazing!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love this ring!!! :love: :love: :love: Those stones are to die for, and the setting is amazing...I'm not exactly a history buff, but I do have a fascination for things from the past, and I'm obsessed with antique/vintage Tiffany pieces - it's like going back in time. This is so beautiful, such a rare and special treasure from the past, I adore it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! :love: :love: :love: It is absolutely beautiful.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :appl: That is the perfect french cut/five stone ring. I've been looking for one myself, (a five stone and a french cut) and have seen only eternities, and those are pretty hard to find. But to get such a great size on each one, and to have them be in a five stone setting, (not all the way around which is good - why have any hidden?), Tiffany no less, and such an amazing setting, you have hit the jackpot. I would sell to buy that one too. That ring is so distinctive. It is amazing. I can't keep my eyes from wandering to it when I am on the page. Congratulations!!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Re: Vintage Tiffany & Co French Cut 5 Stone

So you bought it!!! I'm sooo glad!!! I about drooled uncontrollably when MayK posted it!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
That is my favorite ring of all time :love: It is just amazing! Enjoy your gorgeous ring!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for your kind comments! I am extremely honored that this ring was picked as Jewel of the Week. That's never happened to me before! And thanks, Erika, for your lovely write up!

It usually takes me a little while to warm up to a new piece. The more I wear this ring, the more I am awed by the diamonds. I wasn't sure I would like French cuts this size, but, boy, was I wrong! They strike me as a really interesting combination of an OMC/OEC and a step cut with the sharp angular facets and broad flashes. Now comes the hard part....what do I sell? I was thinking of selling my JbEG 3 stone since it's the most similar to this ring, but then I can think of a million reasons why I don't want to part with it (the setting is unique and beautifully done, the diamonds have lovely puffy crowns and teeny tiny tables, etc.). Then I revisit the idea of selling my MRB which would enable me to buy so many more antique goodies, but I worry I will regret not having a single modern diamond to my name. And the stone is so gorgeous, too! Sure wish I could keep 'em all!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll tell you, with the collection you have, I think I'd sell the mrb. If you feel like you need one, get a smaller one! That would be a nice bling budget from the sale of the stone. I know it is gorgeous, but now that I have the AVR, I understand the appeal of old cuts and would not go back for my e-ring.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous band!

Enjoy!

Cachette :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Demelza, this is one of the most gorgeous rings I have ever seen and it looks amazing on your hand! Seriously TDF!!! :love: :love: :love: I am so happy you got this ring because it was meant for you!!! And ofc I'm with DS on the old cuts-once you start with them you just never want to go back to modern...

Wear your gorgeous new ring in much health and old cut happiness!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1371351180|3466754 said:
I'll tell you, with the collection you have, I think I'd sell the mrb. If you feel like you need one, get a smaller one! That would be a nice bling budget from the sale of the stone. I know it is gorgeous, but now that I have the AVR, I understand the appeal of old cuts and would not go back for my e-ring.

I don't know why I'm so ambivalent to the point that I can't commit to selling it. Even though the rational, logical, and prudent thing would be to sell, I am so worried I will regret it, I am virtually paralyzed. And then there's the issue of how I sell it. Sigh.

Thanks, Cachette!

Missy -- Thank you! Am I correct that you traded in your MRB towards your gorgeous OEC? Do you ever miss it?

blingymo

Shiny_Rock
I really love the new french cut band - those stones are gorgeous! Could you show us pics with your OEC just to see how it looks together??

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
blingymo said:
I really love the new french cut band - those stones are gorgeous! Could you show us pics with your OEC just to see how it looks together??

Sure. Here they are together. I won't wear them like this as I really think the french cut band is a stand alone ring. Or, at most, I would stack it with some thin bands.

_7348.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is amazing! :love:

sparks1007

Shiny_Rock
Stunning five stone. Really unusual and lovely.

uyalison

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi, @Demelza, do you still have this ring? Do you still wear it, enjoy it, love it after 7+ year?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results