shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Vintage Tiffany & Co French Cut 5 Stone

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Well, thanks to Mayk posting the link to this beauty on the eternity ring thread in RT, I am now the proud owner of a vintage french cut Tiffany's 5 stone! I wasn't looking for anything to buy, and, in fact, was trying to sell my new french cut eternity ring when I innocently clicked on the link. As soon as I saw it, I felt compelled to find a way to make it work. Besides the fact that I thought the ring was beautiful, the rarity factor was a big draw for me. I don't think I've ever seen a vintage french cut 5 stone. And I like the fact that it is an art deco Tiffany's ring even though I do think that added to the cost. I'm always looking for a good deal, but with a rare ring like this, it's impossible to find comparables. I had it sent to Dave Atlas who seemed to think it is in fact an authentic vintage T&Co ring. Total carat weight is between 1.75 and 2 cttw, G-H, VVS with lovely puffy crowns. I've got to do some selling to pay for this new acquisition, but the beauty and rarity won me over big time!

_7175.jpg

_7176.jpg

_7177.jpg

_7178.jpg

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
A few more...it's hard to capture the beauty of these stones. They have a really unique kind of sparkle! I love how low the profile is -- there are few things I dislike more than feeling a thick ring between my fingers. Drives me crazy!

_7179.jpg

_7180.jpg

_7181.jpg

_7182.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Beautiful! I can see why you had to have it.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring is really gorgeous! I swear, seeing all these french cuts on PS... must... have.... one... (or several! :naughty: ) :love: :bigsmile:

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness! :-o This is so beautiful! I totally understand the need to buy!!

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely! French cuts are such a unique look, it really makes it stand out!

Can you post more handshots? Perhaps ones that are taken a little bit further away? (very demanding, sorry :) Just want to see its presence on the hand)

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
omg you bought it!!!!! I am so happy it stayed in the PS family. DIBS if you ever decide to get rid of it :Up_to_something: :naughty: it is absolutely gorgeous and I'm glad that you can entertain us with even more pictures than we could possibly imagine :appl: :appl: :love: :love:

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! :love: :love: :love:

The more fenchies I see the more I want some too! GAH, this obsession has to stop! :naughty:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
maccers|1371150692|3465183 said:
Lovely! French cuts are such a unique look, it really makes it stand out!

Can you post more handshots? Perhaps ones that are taken a little bit further away? (very demanding, sorry :) Just want to see its presence on the hand)

Hee, I was just about to say the same thing. Great minds! I would love to see it with your OEC, too, because you just can't have enough old-cut goodness on one hand. :sun:

And you know my feelings ... GORGEOUS. It looks absolutely magnificent.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that's just beautiful!! How could you resist, right?! What a great acquisition to your collection!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Oh,wow!!!!! that is soooooo pretty. Oh, my- I think I hear some french cuts calling my name!!!!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So stinking excited for you I can't stand it!! :love: :love: That is a seriously fabulous find!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

More pictures please!

staci76

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, this ring is amazing Demelza! :appl: :love: I absolutely adore the french cut diamonds and love the detailing on the sides. It's such a rare & gorgeous vintage Tiffany ring. Congrats!

I would love to see more hand shots too... :naughty:

Diamondless

Rough_Rock
WOW! That ring is beautiful! Everything about it is perfect, congrats on the stunning find :D

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BEAUTIFUL!! More hand shots!!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring! :love:

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your fabulous ring! I don't know what I like better, the cut of the stones, the delicate details on the sides & profile, or the rarity of its design ... heck, I LOVE IT ALL! Absolutely gorgeous ring Demelza, I'm so happy for you!!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Please, please...more handshots so we can get a sense of perspective....also, with your oec too! And with your hubby and some flower shots and some kitchen shots (well, if we're going to be demanding, we may as well go all in, right???!!...Just kidding on all but the perspective and oec shots, pretty please)....

Congrats on a rare and gorgeous ring!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooooo, that is pretty darn awesome!

Groucho

Rough_Rock
What a wonderful ring! I love vintage and Frenchies --- c'est magnifique! Enjoy your treasure.

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! It's a beautiful and unique ring, and looks so nice on you.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow!!! What a find!!!! :o :appl: :appl: :appl: French cuts in an antique Tiffany ring, what could be better than that?!!!! This is a very rare and special ring, and I am SO happy it went to such a great home!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fantastic ring - high five to Mayk for sleuthing it out and YIPPEE to you for snapping it up!!! It really is a gorgeous combination of detailing, unique stones and vintage all rolled up into a perfectly blingy package for you!! I also second Yenny's request for a whole photo shoot of pics to be posted - combine this beautiful band with every possible option!!

Just spectacular on your hand --- YAY! :appl:

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
That is the find of the year-bravo to you two for sure! That would compliment your stone so well...looking forward to it. I love vintage sparkle together like that, I hope they don't rub. So special it's a signed piece. :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on another great find! It really is a unique piece and I love the stones in this band. I am always partial to Tiffany pieces for some reason - maybe it's just the allure of the name. I'm sure too that it added to the cost but beauty trumps price, right? :Up_to_something:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I'm so happy for you :)) But sad for me :(( I went for it too and messaged the seller, it is sooooooooooooo beautiful :love: :love: :love: I knew a PSer must have bought, glad to see it show up here :appl:

MayK if you see my post, find another one, pretty please :cheeky:

Enjoy it and post more pictures!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, how gorgeous. I'm so glad you bought it. Even though I have a FC band coming to me I was so close to buying this when MayK posted it. It's truly a rare one of a kind find :appl: We must have more photos!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I am so glad you snagged this stunning beauty and we get to see more pictures! It is a treasure.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for your kind comments! I take no credit for finding this one -- that was all Mayk!!! I have no idea how she found it as I often do searches for "vintage" and "french cut" on Ebay, but this one never came up for me. It was a rather impulsive move buying it, but I figured it would go quickly so I decided to act now and think later. Anyway, here are a few hand pics as requested. No pictures with my OEC just yet. I don't think those two would look very good together, but I'll give it a whirl tomorrow just for fun.

_7201.jpg

_7202.jpg

_7203.jpg

_7204.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How pretty! Can you tell us the width of the french cuts? How will you wear it?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results