shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Vintage OEC bracelet!!!

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
lady A! Tried you stuff on today!!!! SHould we start new thread? I do not mind hikacking this one. Ok... first is rose cut eternity band. VERY COOL and I tried on that larger ct weight and still comfortable. Ari said he can do even bigger rose cuts if you want and does not add to thinkness. HOWEVER... you were right about the one with OEC... it is thinker because deeper stones and not as comfy... but something you would have to get used to. If you love rose cuts... I say go for that one! I think he said he can do up to 5 mm rose cut stones in band and yellow, white gold, yada yada yada.

Now--- for those 2 rings. Both are awesome, but different looks. I LOVED the setting of the rose cut... reallly pretty, substantial, yet delicate... with nice detail. The rose cut center DOES seem a bit warm from certain angles... but would not bother me. you willl have a hard time finding another rose cut of that size and shape. Now... I am more colored stone geek and if it were a colored stone.... folks would say it has a HUGE WINDOW. You can see right through the center to you skin. But-- that is what makes rose cuts different so if I knew nothing about the poo pooing of windows in colored stones ... I would not have even noticed it. Now-- the other stones is awesome and looks whiite... I would not worry about H color in a heartbeat... and I personally hate my own H colored diamonds. LOVE the stone.... but the setting is more standard. Nothing out of the ordinary... you look at the stone alone and not the setting... which I believe is the point. So... different LOOKS, ya know? If for RHR... I say get rose cut because so unique and looks like a rhr. If you want bling... go for the emerald/ asscher thing.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/10/2007 10:53:13 PM
Author: Green with Envy
lady A! Tried you stuff on today!!!! SHould we start new thread? I do not mind hikacking this one. Ok... first is rose cut eternity band. VERY COOL and I tried on that larger ct weight and still comfortable. Ari said he can do even bigger rose cuts if you want and does not add to thinkness. HOWEVER... you were right about the one with OEC... it is thinker because deeper stones and not as comfy... but something you would have to get used to. If you love rose cuts... I say go for that one! I think he said he can do up to 5 mm rose cut stones in band and yellow, white gold, yada yada yada.

Now--- for those 2 rings. Both are awesome, but different looks. I LOVED the setting of the rose cut... reallly pretty, substantial, yet delicate... with nice detail. The rose cut center DOES seem a bit warm from certain angles... but would not bother me. you willl have a hard time finding another rose cut of that size and shape. Now... I am more colored stone geek and if it were a colored stone.... folks would say it has a HUGE WINDOW. You can see right through the center to you skin. But-- that is what makes rose cuts different so if I knew nothing about the poo pooing of windows in colored stones ... I would not have even noticed it. Now-- the other stones is awesome and looks whiite... I would not worry about H color in a heartbeat... and I personally hate my own H colored diamonds. LOVE the stone.... but the setting is more standard. Nothing out of the ordinary... you look at the stone alone and not the setting... which I believe is the point. So... different LOOKS, ya know? If for RHR... I say get rose cut because so unique and looks like a rhr. If you want bling... go for the emerald/ asscher thing.
Squee! Virtual jewelry fun!
36.gif

Now here come the endless questions. LOL!

So what was the carat size of the rose cut eternity band you tried on? I''m pretty sure that a rose cut eternity band is what I want for my birthday.
1.gif
Did they give you any idea of pricing? I can''t really tell from the online picture what the detailing around the bezels looked like - was it miligrain or just sort of hatching? I''m super picky about miligrain. It has to be very delicate or I hate it. What did you think?

I think for OEC''s my plan is to someday get one of those 3 stone rings like that stunner they have a Langs. So I''ll save my OEC needs/desires for that.
1.gif
(I''m such a dreamer. Sigh.)

So the rose cut center stone was an I color. I think color in a rose cut would bother me less than in other cuts for some reason. Did it look colored? Dirty? Or just a little warm?

I don''t know if the "seeing through it aspect would bother me or not. My rose cut is bezel set in yellow gold & the gold encases the back. So, although I know you usually can sort of see through a rose cut, I''m not sure how bad it is. Was it like looking at your skin through a magnifier? I think if it was a large "blank spot" it might bug me. Now that I look at the picture online I think I can see what you mean...

The emerald/asscher - so it pretty much looked white to you? My asscher is a G and looks a teeny bit warm under certain lights and certain angles but most of the time looks blazing white. Online they have a side shot of the stone & it looks a teeny bit warm. But side shots are always the "worst" in terms of bringing out color. I also think the lighting was not the best for that stone in that picture. Did you think it looked whiter in person? Was it gimormously huge or just big huge?

Sorry for so many questions! You''re a jewelry
17.gif
to put up with me.

Oh - Jessica from 23rd said someone from PS who had seen my pear amethyst online came in the store the other day. I was wondering if it was you.
1.gif

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the 3 stone OEc rings..that 8+ tcw on Langs site now! yummy! But so many of those I am told are replicas... you can get some nice OEC and have one made as big (or small
15.gif
) as you like. funny that you say that because I made the exact comment about 3 stone OEC today!

I did not ask about any prices because I do not want to break any rules for shilling or whatever the heck it is called when you promore venders or such. I am only commenting on diamonds that I saw and what I liked and did not like for me personally- ya know?!

i THINK I tried on the 2.5 ct rose cut eternity and it was substantial... but comfy. the similar size OEC was less so. you can get a BIGGER rose cut eternity... but I did not see one. Personally I would get the 1.5ish OEC eternity... I LOVE that ring. I FORGOT to look at milgrain... but I am picky too. I louped a few other pieces... they were well done and straight in the loupe... but sometimes with just the eye milgrain to me can look uneven or sort of squished? then in loupe it actually looks good? I have to figure that one out later...

The rose cut did show color to me... warm... but not dirty. Rose cuts have such a DIFFERENT look... it is hard to compare because this baby actually had tons of fire all along the outer edges... but none in the middle of course. to me it looked like my skin in magnifier... but the overall ring had so much unique appeal... and you would have to see it in different types of lighting. (Remeber I am NOT a rose cut gal... but trying to be accurate) I assume folks who know and love rose cuts would say this is one rare stone for size and squarish shape... but I am no expert.

The emerald/asscher WAS a TINY bit warm... from sides of course. But that thing was blazing white face up and so many narrow stpes... you would be walking down them forever! It did not seem tacky big... very wearable... but my hands only look good with big rings so that is my own blessing... and BF curse
27.gif
)

I did not go to Sm store, but I was in MB store picking up my stones (need a new plan for the earrings they were gonna make) and the owner was there so I asked if she had seen the ring... I thought decent of me to mention how good it looked because she had not seen it herself. So i am glad she passed on the news. They are very sweet and have such pretty things... see something new every time I am in!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Green!

Hope you dont mind me butting in!!! So, you liked the 1.5 tcw OEC band IRL that I posted about earlier in this thread? I wish you were allowed to take some pics of it on your hand....would love to see! How did it look? Is it delicate looking? Sorry about all the questions....I should just ask Ari if he can take some pics of the ring on the hand and send them to me....I am just worried that it will look to chunky for my taste...Ughhhh.....
37.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Most beautiful bracelet on PS! Just in love with it...i forgot how much I love antique cuts...YUMMY AND UNIQUE!

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you... thank you for all the compliments!

dani... my favorite eternity is the 1.5ish OEC... I loved it and did not think too chunky. The 3 ct oec was chunky. As I mentioned... I thought 1.5ish looked great as a band next to any vintage looking engagement ring. Just call Ari... he said that is one of best selling rings so it you get and do not LOVE... send back and someone else will love it.

One sad note... I was so caught up in looking at fabulous rings for others... and still nailing down idea for my own cushion... I actually did not really look at any thing in displays!!! I realized that today and so bummed!!! My cushion will not be started until jan since I am not on any wedding/x-mas gift timeline. When i hop back... I will have to look more at all the other magnificant goodies! I took up so much of Ari''s time and did not even check out most of the merchandise... duh me!

Oh... but I did try on this other one and the stone was super yummy! Hard to tell from pic.. but this stone was beautiful and full of life. http://singlestone.com/site.php?page=collections&catID=14&pID=43&startRow=0 Seriously- soooo nice... I need one to match my bracelet.

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning! It''s absolutely gorgeous. I love the wrist shots!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/11/2007 1:11:27 AM
I LOVE the 3 stone OEc rings..that 8+ tcw on Langs site now! yummy! But so many of those I am told are replicas... you can get some nice OEC and have one made as big (or small
15.gif
) as you like. funny that you say that because I made the exact comment about 3 stone OEC today!

I did not ask about any prices because I do not want to break any rules for shilling or whatever the heck it is called when you promore venders or such. I am only commenting on diamonds that I saw and what I liked and did not like for me personally- ya know?!

i THINK I tried on the 2.5 ct rose cut eternity and it was substantial... but comfy. the similar size OEC was less so. you can get a BIGGER rose cut eternity... but I did not see one. Personally I would get the 1.5ish OEC eternity... I LOVE that ring. I FORGOT to look at milgrain... but I am picky too. I louped a few other pieces... they were well done and straight in the loupe... but sometimes with just the eye milgrain to me can look uneven or sort of squished? then in loupe it actually looks good? I have to figure that one out later...

The rose cut did show color to me... warm... but not dirty. Rose cuts have such a DIFFERENT look... it is hard to compare because this baby actually had tons of fire all along the outer edges... but none in the middle of course. to me it looked like my skin in magnifier... but the overall ring had so much unique appeal... and you would have to see it in different types of lighting. (Remeber I am NOT a rose cut gal... but trying to be accurate) I assume folks who know and love rose cuts would say this is one rare stone for size and squarish shape... but I am no expert.

The emerald/asscher WAS a TINY bit warm... from sides of course. But that thing was blazing white face up and so many narrow stpes... you would be walking down them forever! It did not seem tacky big... very wearable... but my hands only look good with big rings so that is my own blessing... and BF curse
27.gif
)

I did not go to Sm store, but I was in MB store picking up my stones (need a new plan for the earrings they were gonna make) and the owner was there so I asked if she had seen the ring... I thought decent of me to mention how good it looked because she had not seen it herself. So i am glad she passed on the news. They are very sweet and have such pretty things... see something new every time I am in!
I think if you didn''t really notice the milligrain then it was probably okay. Bad milligrain just jumps out at me.

Do you think that the stones on the 1.5ct OEC eternity were big enough to take advantage of the chunky facets on the cut? I always think that small stones might not show the cut to it''s best advantage - but that is just my speculation. What was it that you loved about is so much? A 1.5 ct would be fairly thin right? So maybe a good stacking band....(hmmm...the wheels in my little brain start turning...
27.gif
)

Do you know what color they use for their eternity bands? Is it a general color or can you choose?

I''m going to have to scheme a way to get a better look at that emerald cut....but in reality I think it''s more likely I will be getting a little eternity band sooner than the massive emerald cut!
40.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/11/2007 10:25:26 AM
Thank you... thank you for all the compliments!

dani... my favorite eternity is the 1.5ish OEC... I loved it and did not think too chunky. The 3 ct oec was chunky. As I mentioned... I thought 1.5ish looked great as a band next to any vintage looking engagement ring. Just call Ari... he said that is one of best selling rings so it you get and do not LOVE... send back and someone else will love it.

One sad note... I was so caught up in looking at fabulous rings for others... and still nailing down idea for my own cushion... I actually did not really look at any thing in displays!!! I realized that today and so bummed!!! My cushion will not be started until jan since I am not on any wedding/x-mas gift timeline. When i hop back... I will have to look more at all the other magnificant goodies! I took up so much of Ari''s time and did not even check out most of the merchandise... duh me!

Oh... but I did try on this other one and the stone was super yummy! Hard to tell from pic.. but this stone was beautiful and full of life. http://singlestone.com/site.php?page=collections&catID=14&pID=43&startRow=0 Seriously- soooo nice... I need one to match my bracelet.
Guilt, guilt! I''m a very very bad PSer....(going to put my nose in the corner).
2.gif

I
30.gif
that ring! Totally one of my faves from the site.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results