shape
carat
color
clarity

Victorian enamel ring, sweet Posey

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
I wanted to share my Victorian enamel ring.
It was a Christmas present from my husband this year. We had agreed to no presents, but he really wanted me to pick a piece of jewelry and I remembered seeing this ring.
I love the engraving, the shape and the Cobalt blue enameling most of all.
The ring is showing its age, but the enamel is intact to a good extent. I find the wispy scroll details, the corner shapes and fleur de lis on the shoulders charming.
It’s missing three of the four original rose cut stones at the corners. I may replace them at some point or maybe just leave it as is. It’s part of the storied past of the ring.
The stone is an old flat cut Amethyst, not the most amazing specimen, but
I think the grapey color in combination with the blue enamel and rich gold is lovely.
I’ve named her Posey. She reminds me of a little bouquet of flowers.
51855267-D0A0-43B5-ADA2-DDBC402534C3.jpeg
Fleur de lis on a fleur de lis:)

5CDE08C5-E421-46C7-94FF-719A39A0CAFF.jpeg
I’ve been pairing it with my only other enameled ring. It’s a three stone chunky OMC, also Victorian. Most of the enamel has worn away, but the engraving remains. The inside of the band is engraved “SRT, Aug. 28, 1865”.
I’m assuming it was originally someone’s wedding ring or perhaps a memorial ring.
6B9A6F8F-A6D6-4B7C-B5E3-27F09203C012.jpeg 72B5BFD3-5E6A-400A-A092-E4FEBB429E20.jpeg 20A071EA-2000-4862-AFC7-A9D80DA92B8B.jpeg
I have a couple of antique sapphire bands that complement her as well.
F7160AC8-CAC1-4031-BA06-DD75C4811E21.jpeg 44A43812-7328-4D77-93E4-53806BB2F516.jpeg
It played nicely with my large sapphire when I first tried it on, but I’m not planning to wear them together.
6E0492C7-09F2-45EC-9FEC-F057EEA20CE3.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wanted to share my Victorian enamel ring.
It was a Christmas present from my husband this year. We had agreed to no presents, but he really wanted me to pick a piece of jewelry and I remembered seeing this ring.
I love the engraving, the shape and the Cobalt blue enameling most of all.
The ring is showing its age, but the enamel is intact to a good extent. I find the wispy scroll details, the corner shapes and fleur de lis on the shoulders charming.
It’s missing three of the four original rose cut stones at the corners. I may replace them at some point or maybe just leave it as is. It’s part of the storied past of the ring.
The stone is an old flat cut Amethyst, not the most amazing specimen, but
I think the grapey color in combination with the blue enamel and rich gold is lovely.
I’ve named her Posey. She reminds me of a little bouquet of flowers.
51855267-D0A0-43B5-ADA2-DDBC402534C3.jpeg
Fleur de lis on a fleur de lis:)

5CDE08C5-E421-46C7-94FF-719A39A0CAFF.jpeg
I’ve been pairing it with my only other enameled ring. It’s a three stone chunky OMC, also Victorian. Most of the enamel has worn away, but the engraving remains. The inside of the band is engraved “SRT, Aug. 28, 1865”.
I’m assuming it was originally someone’s wedding ring or perhaps a memorial ring.
6B9A6F8F-A6D6-4B7C-B5E3-27F09203C012.jpeg 72B5BFD3-5E6A-400A-A092-E4FEBB429E20.jpeg 20A071EA-2000-4862-AFC7-A9D80DA92B8B.jpeg
I have a couple of antique sapphire bands that complement her as well.
F7160AC8-CAC1-4031-BA06-DD75C4811E21.jpeg 44A43812-7328-4D77-93E4-53806BB2F516.jpeg
It played nicely with my large sapphire when I first tried it on, but I’m not planning to wear them together.
6E0492C7-09F2-45EC-9FEC-F057EEA20CE3.jpeg

She's a beautiful old gal
Still the life of the party
How wonderful you found her

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE the enamel and I think it looks perfect with the purple amethyst.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would defiantly want to replace her missing stones eventually
She deserves to be in all her finery when you take her out to lunch

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE the enamel and I think it looks perfect with the purple amethyst.

Thanks @YadaYadaYada ! I walked away the first time, but glad I went back for her. Finding enameling in good shape is not so easy.
She is gorgeous !
Imangine the stories she would tell if she could

Probably quite a few racy ones, after watching Bridgetton.:) although I know it wasn’t exactly historically accurate.
mill be sure to take her on some good adventures!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much, @lala646 ! I didn’t know when I got it that I had bands that could work well with it. I had fun playing around with all the different combos.

Lots of new freinds for her
Im really impressed how great she looks with them all
Which must mean she's a really great addition to your jewkery box

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
Lots of new freinds for her
Im really impressed how great she looks with them all
Which must mean she's a really great addition to your jewkery box

I was kind of surprised too. I have lots of bands. I should try a few others, like a couple of carved gold bands that I can think of. Tomorrow’s follies.:) thanks, Daiseys!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was kind of surprised too. I have lots of bands. I should try a few others, like a couple of carved gold bands that I can think of. Tomorrow’s follies.:) thanks, Daiseys!

We will all be here to cheer her on as she makes new freinds !

Someone put the kettle on and @mellowyellowgirl bring out the pretty cups and saucers (ill bring the whisky and the cream)
I don't think that old gal is a teetotaler

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
We will all be here to cheer her on as she makes new freinds !

Someone put the kettle on and @mellowyellowgirl bring out the pretty cups and saucers (ill bring the whisky and the cream)
I don't think that old gal is a teetotaler

You’re so funny, Daiseys! There might be a party in my jewelry box right now!
She’ll be ready for her soirée tomorrow:)

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
How magical and unique!! I love it:kiss2: I would eventually add rose cut diamonds back in to her. I also love the three stone ring, I’m A sucker for inscriptions.

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
This is absolutely exquisite!

I love enameled jewelry, especially those in good condition since the enamel was fragile so someone must have really loved and taken care of this piece.

Some of my favorites are Georgian “Bauge au firmament” style aka blue enamel with diamonds to resemble stars in the sky. Not sure if you might like that style also given you love the cobalt enamel.

Enjoy your lovely new treasure!

Last edited:

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely ring! My heart is really with these beautiful antique rings and the stories they could tell. I wonder if the rose cut gems would be inexpensive to replace since they are very small? You could probably order some rose cut moissanite from one of the Indian vendors if you knew the size.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
So so beautiful!
I adore antique enameled pieces so much!
There's just nothing like them!

Also, That three stone enameled old cut ring made my heart
skip a beat! She reminds me so much of a ring I purchased but
regrettably returned as I didn't know much about antiques at
the time. I'm always looking out for ones similar but the one I had was
purchased for such a good deal.

Mine didn't have that beautiful engraving or enamel though, just a polished smooth band but the size, shape, & juxtaposition of the old cuts are eerily similar. Please enjoy her, she looks lovely with your new baby!

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
How magical and unique!! I love it:kiss2: I would eventually add rose cut diamonds back in to her. I also love the three stone ring, I’m A sucker for inscriptions.

Thank you, @Smith3 ! I’ll have to give it some thought about adding rosecuts back in. The one remaining is pretty tiny. I’m guessing they’d be easy enough to source. The three stone is inscribed with my dear goddaughter’s birthday, Aug. 28. She loves that. I’ll pass it to her at some point.

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
This is absolutely exquisite!

I love enameled jewelry, especially those in good condition since the enamel was fragile so someone must have really loved and taken care of this piece.

Some of my favorites are Georgian “Bauge au firmament” style aka blue enamel with diamonds to resemble stars in the sky. Not sure if you might like that style also given you love the cobalt enamel.

Enjoy your lovely new treasure!

Thanks so much, @Pinkmartini87 !
I know what style you’re referring to, but I didn’t know the name, cool!
I can see why they’re described that way.
I’ve been drawn to them as well whenever I come across them.
It was described as Victorian by the seller, but maybe Georgian. Both styles used enamel. Hard to say for sure. Either way, she is a treasure.

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
So so beautiful!
I adore antique enameled pieces so much!
There's just nothing like them!

Also, That three stone enameled old cut ring made my heart
skip a beat! She reminds me so much of a ring I purchased but
regrettably returned as I didn't know much about antiques at
the time. I'm always looking out for ones similar but the one I had was
purchased for such a good deal.

Mine didn't have that beautiful engraving or enamel though, just a polished smooth band but the size, shape, & juxtaposition of the old cuts are eerily similar. Please enjoy her, she looks lovely with your new baby!

Thank you, @LemonMoonLex !
Sorry you missed getting your baby. There’s always at least one regret, isn’t there? I have a couple as well. I still look at the pics and wonder, why did I hesitate even for a minute? What was I thinking?

I found the three stone in a pawn shop years ago. My heart skipped a beat also when I saw the gorgeous high crowns and how clean and white the stones were.
The engraving sealed the deal.
I found a similar five stone last year sans engraving. It’s a bit high set for Posey to pair with though. I’ll post later.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
You've got the most beautiful rings! The enamel is gorgeous! And then that tree stone and the sapphire diamond one! OHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
You've got the most beautiful rings! The enamel is gorgeous! And then that tree stone and the sapphire diamond one! OHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Awe, thank you, @Roselina ! So nice of you to say! It’s fun when rings pair up well!

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Awe, thank you, @Roselina ! So nice of you to say! It’s fun when rings pair up well!

Oh goodness. A TREE stone ring?! Must have been the automatic correction program, since I'm nor drunk, nor asleep.

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
Oh goodness. A TREE stone ring?! Must have been the automatic correction program, since I'm nor drunk, nor asleep.

That’s hysterical. And I didn’t even notice. It was early morning, so that’s my excuse:lol:

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
That’s hysterical. And I didn’t even notice. It was early morning, so that’s my excuse:lol:

Ha ha! I'm glad! That antique sapphire and diamond 5 stone ring ist just gorgeous. Is it English? Do you have an upfront picture?

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
Ha ha! I'm glad! That antique sapphire and diamond 5 stone ring ist just gorgeous. Is it English? Do you have an upfront picture?

Yes, it definitely is. Has the Birmingham hallmark. We bought it in Portobello Market on a trip to London in 2019.
I’ll find a pic so you can see the marks and get a better view.

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
Yes, it definitely is. Has the Birmingham hallmark. We bought it in Portobello Market on a trip to London in 2019.

Here are a couple other pics of the 5 stone and the hallmarks. I just know that the anchor denotes Birmingham. Not sure about the other marks.
5C0B5C94-597E-498B-A520-CCD0467C222E.jpeg
6BEE45F2-F4E0-4301-8217-A799B4A9BDDC.jpeg
94F15977-5E41-4F4B-A345-DB7A4AAD8809.jpeg 74003B8A-782F-4EF5-AD67-0B445E1C4FCE.jpeg

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock

Oh! It‘s such a treasure! I love Portobello! Such a special place. Thank you for the pictures!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results