shape
carat
color
clarity

Victorian enamel ring, sweet Posey

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
Oh! It‘s such a treasure! I love Portobello! Such a special place. Thank you for the pictures!

It really was fun! I went two days in a row. After London, we went to Paris and spent the day at the Paris flea and I found a couple other markets. My idea of the best time ever! I passed on some other treasures and sometime think I wish I’d gone for it, but there will be a next time when the world opens back up. So looking forward to that! In the meantime treasure hunting in my area is still pretty good, luckily.

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
What a lovely ring! My heart is really with these beautiful antique rings and the stories they could tell. I wonder if the rose cut gems would be inexpensive to replace since they are very small? You could probably order some rose cut moissanite from one of the Indian vendors if you knew the size.

Sorry I missed this last night. Not sure where my head was lol. Thank you very much! I’m with you on the allure of antique rings and the fun of imagining the lives they’ve had before they land in your care. I think as small as they are, it would be too expensive to get a few rosecuts.
I’m going to check with my local guy and see if he might have something. seems like a pretty simple quest.

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
Sorry I missed this last night. Not sure where my head was lol. Thank you very much! I’m with you on the allure of antique rings and the fun of imagining the lives they’ve had before they land in your care. I think as small as they are, it would be too expensive to get a few rosecuts.
I’m going to check with my local guy and see if he might have something. seems like a pretty simple quest.

Oops, lol, meant to say it would NOT be too expensive to get the rosecuts.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
I love all your little pieces of history!! They’re all precious, @Bluemuse❤️❤️!!
Your 5 stone ring was made in 1848 according to this website I use to identify U.K. hallmarks. As a Peaky Blinders fan, I get excited when I see rings that were made in Victorian and Edwardian Birmingham :D

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
I love all your little pieces of history!! They’re all precious, @Bluemuse❤️❤️!!
Your 5 stone ring was made in 1848 according to this website I use to identify U.K. hallmarks. As a Peaky Blinders fan, I get excited when I see rings that were made in Victorian and Edwardian Birmingham :D

Thanks so much, @maita13 !
Yes, I love seeing the hallmarks, especially when they’re so clear.
Wow, earlier than I thought. You’re referring to the sapphire diamond 5 stone, right?
Somehow, using the tool you shared, I came up with 1876. Earlier makes sense too. I think it depends on which style “Z” you chose. That was a little tricky since a few looked similar.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring is just so beautiful, as are all your pieces @Bluemuse :kiss2: I love all of the pretty details on the setting. I am in awe of pieces that have managed to survive for all these years - Truly little pieces of history!

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
This ring is just so beautiful, as are all your pieces @Bluemuse :kiss2: I love all of the pretty details on the setting. I am in awe of pieces that have managed to survive for all these years - Truly little pieces of history!

Thanks so much, @junebug17 !! So kind of you. It makes me happy to know there are others who appreciate these beautiful survivors.

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock
I wanted to share my Victorian enamel ring.
It was a Christmas present from my husband this year. We had agreed to no presents, but he really wanted me to pick a piece of jewelry and I remembered seeing this ring.
I love the engraving, the shape and the Cobalt blue enameling most of all.
The ring is showing its age, but the enamel is intact to a good extent. I find the wispy scroll details, the corner shapes and fleur de lis on the shoulders charming.
It’s missing three of the four original rose cut stones at the corners. I may replace them at some point or maybe just leave it as is. It’s part of the storied past of the ring.
The stone is an old flat cut Amethyst, not the most amazing specimen, but
I think the grapey color in combination with the blue enamel and rich gold is lovely.
I’ve named her Posey. She reminds me of a little bouquet of flowers.
51855267-D0A0-43B5-ADA2-DDBC402534C3.jpeg
Fleur de lis on a fleur de lis:)

5CDE08C5-E421-46C7-94FF-719A39A0CAFF.jpeg
I’ve been pairing it with my only other enameled ring. It’s a three stone chunky OMC, also Victorian. Most of the enamel has worn away, but the engraving remains. The inside of the band is engraved “SRT, Aug. 28, 1865”.
I’m assuming it was originally someone’s wedding ring or perhaps a memorial ring.
6B9A6F8F-A6D6-4B7C-B5E3-27F09203C012.jpeg 72B5BFD3-5E6A-400A-A092-E4FEBB429E20.jpeg 20A071EA-2000-4862-AFC7-A9D80DA92B8B.jpeg
I have a couple of antique sapphire bands that complement her as well.
F7160AC8-CAC1-4031-BA06-DD75C4811E21.jpeg 44A43812-7328-4D77-93E4-53806BB2F516.jpeg
It played nicely with my large sapphire when I first tried it on, but I’m not planning to wear them together.
6E0492C7-09F2-45EC-9FEC-F057EEA20CE3.jpeg

Out of this world! Maybe I missed this, can you share where you purchased it?

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
Out of this world! Maybe I missed this, can you share where you purchased it?

Thanks so much, @kimberlyqkim ! I don’t think I did. Happy to share. I got the amethyst Victorian ring in Adamstown, Pa. at the Adamstown Antiques Mall. Its located about an hour from Philadelphia. The vendor doesn’t have an IG or website to my knowledge. There are 5-10 antique jewelry vendors there, so it’s worth the trip a few times a year for me. And the town has several other antique malls. Makes for a fun day trip. I do better buying in person, rather then from online.
Hope this helps.

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much, @kimberlyqkim ! I don’t think I did. Happy to share. I got the amethyst Victorian ring in Adamstown, Pa. at the Adamstown Antiques Mall. Its located about an hour from Philadelphia. The vendor doesn’t have an IG or website to my knowledge. There are 5-10 antique jewelry vendors there, so it’s worth the trip a few times a year for me. And the town has several other antique malls. Makes for a fun day trip. I do better buying in person, rather then from online.
Hope this helps.

Awesome, thank you for sharing! Ive never seen anything like it - it is so striking!

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
Awesome, thank you for sharing! Ive never seen anything like it - it is so striking!

I hadn’t either except some similar pieces on Victorian jewelry IG vendor pages. I was trying to restrain myself the1st time I saw it. Glad I went back for her:)

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I can't believe I missed this thread! As usual - your collection does NOT fail to disappoint! I love this enameled treasure - and I love it paired with your OMC 3-stone!

May I ask @Bluemuse - is there special care that needs to be given for enameled rings? I love the look but wasn't sure if there was special maintenance required.

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
I can't believe I missed this thread! As usual - your collection does NOT fail to disappoint! I love this enameled treasure - and I love it paired with your OMC 3-stone!

May I ask @Bluemuse - is there special care that needs to be given for enameled rings? I love the look but wasn't sure if there was special maintenance required.

Thank you for you kind words, @Cerulean! I actually am not sure about that, but I would assume some extra care in terms of not rubbing it against anything that could damage the enamel, which is melted glass.

It would be vulnerable to wear from
metals and maybe over washing and rubbing. I probably should check into that. It will be an occasional ring for me, so I think I will be safe.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for you kind words, @Cerulean! I actually am not sure about that, but I would assume some extra care in terms of not rubbing it against anything that could damage the enamel, which is melted glass.

It would be vulnerable to wear from
metals and maybe over washing and rubbing. I probably should check into that. It will be an occasional ring for me, so I think I will be safe.

Appreciate your thoughts! I imaged enamel was fragile, but it’s well worth it for a piece like this. Just lovely!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results