1.29 Antique Cushion
G
VVS2
AGS 0 Cut
AGS 0 Light performance
AGS 0 Polish
Emilya

Video

Hopefully this works and you can see the images. First time.

I recently worked with Victor Canera to make a ring for my wife on our 20th anniversary and wanted to create this post to give my experience.

I’d also like to state that I stayed on this site looking at all of your rings made by him constantly trying to get an idea of how a 1.3 ct diamond would look. Wondering if it would look so small it wouldn’t be worth the money. Or, how everyone’s dealings with him went. Even though I didn’t comment I was on here none stop. I appreciate you all and how much you unknowingly helped me by me being able to snoop around here

I knew that I wanted a halo ring that was made well and made for the center diamond. I didn’t want a pre-made ring where the center diamond was just dropped in. I also knew that I wanted a really well cut antique cushion. Through my research I kept seeing Victor Canera’s name pop up. I saved some money up and decided to go for it.

I contacted him and told him I wanted to start the process but that I lived in Tokyo so couldn’t come in or call him because of the time difference. So I have yet to talk to him personally or meet him. Everything was done over chat and email. Which to be honest scared me.

I finally settled on the diamond and the process began quickly. The ring was done in a month or so and shipped to me in Tokyo with no problems. The ring didn’t need to be a VVS clarity but I liked the stone so went for it.

Why I am writing this review is because of the customer service. I changed the diamond that I wanted twice. I changed the ring size. I asked him or his staff questions everyday. More than anything I wanted to feel comfortable giving someone I didn’t know and have never met so much money.

He or his staff always answered my questions promptly, even instantaneously if I was on chat. Anytime I changed anything the answer was always, “Of course” or “No, problem”. The day after the ring was delivered he emailed me to make sure I got it and everything was ok.

The ring turned out better than I expected and my wife loves it so much her original engagement ring was stored away and has never seen light since she put the new ring on her finger.

The cut of the diamond and light performance compared to the original diamond I gave her 20 years ago is so different it makes me feel like I had money stolen from me when we got married. He and his staff really did an amazing job. It makes me want to start the process all over again on a different ring. Maybe an emerald…

I’ve lived in Japan for the past 20 years, where customer service is king. I was relieved and shocked that his team was so good. No pressure, not even once. Just tell me what you want, give me the green light and he goes to work. And if something changes on my end he adjusts to what I want.

Sorry for the long post. I hope it helps someone that is starting the process and like me, is worried about doing this from afar. Thanks.

Not to make this longer, but I met my wife when I was 12 and she was 17. I met her again at my sisters wedding when I was in around 22. We fell in love. I moved to Japan after finishing school we got married right away and traveled the world for ten years befitting having two kids. Now we are 20 years married. And the girl who used to play basketball with me when I was 12 is the mother to my two children. She doesn’t even know this site exists so will never read it, but a big thank you to her for 20 years and two kids and everything in between. 46208918-07B7-46CB-B097-A44B747DE379.jpeg 5DDA1CA3-B8C2-4C72-9294-7DC3C6B6394D.jpeg 9C0A5175-5EE0-4443-A3FB-E73FF73CBD6B.jpeg 197B4A43-5CB3-4189-9D8B-40B4CF09DA1B.jpeg 2C43AA09-BA31-4B0B-88F0-2CF104CED923.jpeg 6A45AE36-285D-4C4F-8736-5CD55C668D1A.jpeg A3FC03E8-22F7-4C89-AD0B-FBA81FB02730.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Lakefront

Shiny_Rock
The ring is gorgeous. I hope she enjoys it for years so come. Well done!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
What an absolutely stunning piece of artwork! Congratulations!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ring looks amazing! You (and Victor's team) did a great job!

Congratulations on 20 years with your wife!

tokyoboy

Rough_Rock
Thank y

Congratulations on 20 years with your wife

Congratulations on 20 years with your wife!

thank you! We’ve been all over together. Tibet, India, China. Now we are raising two monsters together.

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful story and the pic of your hands together is gorgeous.
Congratulations!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Victor's halo's are simply stunning :kiss2:

Congratulations on 20 years!

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful story and ring. Congratulations on 20 years. May your wife wear it in good health for many years to come.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Not only is the ring beautiful but the way you talk about your wife is too. Congrats on your anniversary.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, what a lovely story. Thanks for sharing. The ring is spectacular and your wife is so lucky to have you!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is absolutely gorgeous, and your story was so lovely to read. Congrats on 20 years!

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful token of your love and life together. May you share many more years together.

tokyoboy

Rough_Rock
Not only is the ring beautiful but the way you talk about your wife is too. Congrats on your anniversary.

Thanks! She was an exchange student for a year and happened to be placed in my town, and happened to become friends with my sister and happened to return to my sisters wedding ten years later. It it just so happened that during the wedding everyone got busy at once and we were the only two that had nothing to do for an afternoon/ night and had to eat. So we drove into town to get something to eat. When she had to fly back we both knew that we were both extremely sad inside. But, I was still in college and she was going home. The next break at school I got money from my dad, made a passport and flew over to Japan for a month. We made it work. Flying back and forth. This is pre-FaceTime, so phone cards and emails. When I finished college I had to get her an engagement ring but of course didn’t have any money. I sold everything I could turn into cash, computers, speakers, dvds, PlayStation, everything. I scrapped together 3,000 and bought her ring with it.

tokyoboy

Rough_Rock
Beautiful story and the pic of your hands together is gorgeous.
Congratulations!!

Thank you. To be honest I was trying to get a good angle to take a picture of the ring. Lol.

tokyoboy

Rough_Rock
Victor's halo's are simply stunning :kiss2:

Congratulations on 20 years!

He did a really good job. It amazes me how much the pave sparkles on the side. They are so small yet full of life. Normally you see rings with pave and they are just dead.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! You and Victor did a wonderful job.

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
What a wonderful post—beautiful ring and beautiful story to go along with it.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I think this is a lovely way to commemorate 20 years married and you really nailed it in terms of quality and timelessness

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Such a beautiful ring and it looks lovely on your wife's hand. I love everything about it and the quality is outstanding! Congratulations!

tokyoboy

Rough_Rock
Such a beautiful ring and it looks lovely on your wife's hand. I love everything about it and the quality is outstanding! Congratulations!

Thank you. It looks good I think. The process was fun. Ready to do another with him. Maybe an emerald or ruby. But out of money for now! Lol.

tokyoboy

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! I think this is a lovely way to commemorate 20 years married and you really nailed it in terms of quality and timelessness

Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results