shape
carat
color
clarity

vent/request for advice-real problems with JKT custom piece

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: vent/request for advice-real problems with JKT custom pi

I have spent most of the day thinking about this...honestly I have been so dissatisfied with my dealings with JKT that I have debated a hundred times as to whether or not to post a thread with my issues. Why haven't I? Rabid JKT supporters. The fact that I have ONE experience with her. Fear.

Yeah, I'm a wuss.

So I'm glad that you were able to post. I wish that it wasn't under such crap circumstances, and I'm sorry that it has been at the emotional and financial cost that it has been.

But I'm glad that you had the cojones that I didn't have. I just wish it wasn't at such a price.

I hope that there is some kind of resolution for you.

Now if only I could grow those cojones...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

FrekeChild|1306200096|2928714 said:
I have spent most of the day thinking about this...honestly I have been so dissatisfied with my dealings with JKT that I have debated a hundred times as to whether or not to post a thread with my issues. Why haven't I? Rabid JKT supporters. The fact that I have ONE experience with her. Fear.

Yeah, I'm a wuss.

So I'm glad that you were able to post. I wish that it wasn't under such crap circumstances, and I'm sorry that it has been at the emotional and financial cost that it has been.

But I'm glad that you had the cojones that I didn't have. I just wish it wasn't at such a price.

Wuss! Wuss! :tongue:

Come on Freke, I expect better from you. I don't care if there are rabid supporters or not....your experience is your experience and you shouldn't be afraid to post it. I mean, speaking of RABID supporters, my only unsatisfactory experience with a PS vendor was BGD, and I posted about that and braced! :cheeky:

loriken214

Ideal_Rock

Yeah, I'm a wuss.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're disappointed with your key...I had no idea!

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock

loriken214|1306201280|2928730 said:

Yeah, I'm a wuss.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're disappointed with your key...I had no idea!

Lori

I've been saving up little colored gemstones to have a new butterfly key pendant made by Julia.

Lori

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal|1306201113|2928728 said:

Yeah, I'm a wuss.

Wuss! Wuss! :tongue:

Come on Freke, I expect better from you. I don't care if there are rabid supporters or not....your experience is your experience and you shouldn't be afraid to post it. I mean, speaking of RABID supporters, my only unsatisfactory experience with a PS vendor was BGD, and I posted about that and braced! :cheeky:
Yeah TGal, but you have cantaloupe cojones...It's not just the fact that I'm a weenie, but the fact that I don't know where to post it. Colored Stones where most JKT fans reside? Rocky Talky where no one would know what I'm talking about? SMTB? Or Hangout as AJ has done?

And what's the point? AJ has a point. She's unhappy with a piece that cost her a significant amount of change, and she's hoping (and asking) for some kind of resolution.

What resolution is there for me? What do I want the end result to be? Me to air my dirty laundry and irritation with JKT and her outrageous prices? Or just to share that not every experience with JKT is a pleasant one? Just to get it out there?

And honestly, I really have no idea where to begin...It was an emotional gift. And my emotions tend to run away with me when I am upset about something. Especially when it was a gift given by a dear friend during a very emotional time.

Aerix

Shiny_Rock

FrekeChild|1306203080|2928764 said:
Yeah TGal, but you have cantaloupe cojones...It's not just the fact that I'm a weenie, but the fact that I don't know where to post it. Colored Stones where most JKT fans reside? Rocky Talky where no one would know what I'm talking about? SMTB? Or Hangout as AJ has done?

And what's the point? AJ has a point. She's unhappy with a piece that cost her a significant amount of change, and she's hoping (and asking) for some kind of resolution.

What resolution is there for me? What do I want the end result to be? Me to air my dirty laundry and irritation with JKT and her outrageous prices? Or just to share that not every experience with JKT is a pleasant one? Just to get it out there?

And honestly, I really have no idea where to begin...It was an emotional gift. And my emotions tend to run away with me when I am upset about something. Especially when it was a gift given by a dear friend during a very emotional time.

Aww, I'm sorry to hear about your experience FrekeChild. :(sad I agree that vendor experiences are important to share and that they help consumers, but I don't think you should feel obligated to share your experience if you don't want to. Aside from that, as you mentioned it happened awhile back and hence, you're not seeking a resolution like AJ. I really do hope this gets resolved though.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

FrekeChild|1306203080|2928764 said:

I understand. And I hope didn't think I'm pushing you to post. But I think saying that what you got was not worth it in your opinion, and that you didn't have the most pleasant experience with her, is fine. I mean, lots of people like what they get from Leon, but vent plenty that he can be a jerk.

I don't think there has to be a resolution, nor does there have to be an end result even desired. I think posting the *experience* is part of what makes a consumer forum work!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

Cantaloupe cajones???? ROFL!

AJ, I'm so sorry. It sounds like this has been a long, painful ordeal for you and if it were me, with this much time and money put into it, I wouldn't want to be let this slide either. I'm very surprised that JKT has decided to just ignore your concerns and messages - I mean, there could be extenuating circumstances and if there are, that's different, but if not, I find this to be highly unprofessional behavior.

The vendors I prefer to deal with, whether it's jewelry, skis, ANYTHING, are ones who will stand behind their products no matter what and will work with you whenever and on whatever issue you are dissatisfied with. I'm not getting the sense that she is here.

Finally, like others, I find her to be rather overpriced. I do have a key from her (in fact, I believe it's one of your namesake keys, AJ - the fleur de lis?) or rather did, and while that experience was fine, I was really um... astounded at her prices, her minimum price cut-off for custom pieces and her "waiting list" for projects that extended months and months into the future. I found it to be a rather good example of hubris there, especially considering she owed her popularity to PS word of mouth.....

In any case, I really really hope you can find some kind of resolution. Hugs!

(Btw, off topic - what did you decide for your DSLR???)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Don't get me started on the timelines for "purchasing" time...6 months to a year in the future!

(TGal, I am spending time now thinking about my experience with JKT and writing what I can and attempting to make it as non-emotional as possible...you are right of course, experiences, good and bad should be shared on a consumer forum. I've just been wrestling with the emotionality of the situation and presenting the facts fairly for the past year and 4 months....)

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock

I have nothing to add except sincere sympathy. It should not have taken so long to make your project and then to have it come out poorly. Very sorry.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

B.E.G.|1306207952|2928831 said:

AJ, I'm so sorry. It sounds like this has been a long, painful ordeal for you and if it were me, with this much time and money put into it, I wouldn't want to be let this slide either. I'm very surprised that JKT has decided to just ignore your concerns and messages - I mean, there could be extenuating circumstances and if there are, that's different, but if not, I find this to be highly unprofessional behavior.

The vendors I prefer to deal with, whether it's jewelry, skis, ANYTHING, are ones who will stand behind their products no matter what and will work with you whenever and on whatever issue you are dissatisfied with. I'm not getting the sense that she is here.

Finally, like others, I find her to be rather overpriced. I do have a key from her (in fact, I believe it's one of your namesake keys, AJ - the fleur de lis?) or rather did, and while that experience was fine, I was really um... astounded at her prices, her minimum price cut-off for custom pieces and her "waiting list" for projects that extended months and months into the future. I found it to be a rather good example of hubris there, especially considering she owed her popularity to PS word of mouth.....

Thanks BEG for your post.

In the interests of continuing with full disclosure - I phoned Julia again last night, and this time she did answer. We had a very long discussion. No resolution or agreement is even close at this stage - but the channels of communication have been re-opened, and Julia has advised she will continue to communicate with me.
As far as I'm aware, there was not a personal or other extenuating matter preventing her from contacting me back in the weeks previous to this thread.

Thanks BEG - I too hope that this small step forward now means there is a resolution to this saga in my future.

Are you kidding, did I not update on the camera thread, I was sure I had?? I'm so excited about it, I can't believe I forgot to follow up!
I'll post over there now ::)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

movie zombie|1306163798|2928287 said:
admittedly, i have not read all the posts on the first page. so here's my question: if you wanted a ring, why did you agree to a bracelet? personally, i would have moved on at that point......... however, you did agree and you're not at all happy about the pricey custom piece. you were buddy/buddy.....and professionally there is a guarantee. and now you're not getting any response. i'd be ticked off.....but more with myself for having agreed to go with a bracelet in the first place. what can you do? its probably going to cost you as much or more than the piece to pursue any legal action. you could have a lawyer write a letter stressing the need for communication to avoid further action. you could file a report with the better business bureau for her town/area. i'm so sorry things went bad for you but i think they went bad from the get-go when you agreed to a project you didn't ask for originally.

MoZo

Hi MZ - a little harsh, and without all the facts, but yes, still true.
The answer to your question is convoluted, but if you see a couple posts above yours, I have replied already to packrat on how that came about.
Trust me, I am ticked off with myself about a number of things in this transaction - but I still have rights as a customer, and feel I deserve better treatment than has transpired thus far.

Pandora said:
Hmm, having looked at all the photos, is there a possibility that she thought the main design on the bracelet should sit on the top edge part of the arm so you would see it more if you looked down rather than it being flat on the arm where the detailed bit would be to the side most of the time and more prone to damage?

Weird thing to do but it's the only reason I can think of for doing this... and it looks how it is positioned in the photo of her arm. If you wear it that way does it fall down?

I'm sorry Pandora - I've tried a couple of times, but I can't seem to understand what you're asking here, sorry! Do you think you can clarify any further?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

simplysplendid|1306175567|2928384 said:
Hi,

Sorry to hear about the issues with this beautiful bangle. Can the bottom not be resized and reattached to the top half so that the overall shape is round and may fit better (instead of oval)? There are bangles/bracelets out there that are perfectly round (eg: Cartier LOVE bracelet or stacking bangles in Tiffany). Have you tried asking a jeweler? I am not an expert but just thinking that if we can resize our rings, surely we can resize a bangle?

eta: I didn't read all the posts before posting. thbmok's illustration above conveys what I was trying to say.

thbmok said:
I don't have any advice as to how you can resolve your differences with JKT, but I think there's a relatively easy fix to the shape and fit of the piece.

From the pictures it looks like all the stones and design elements are on one half of the piece, whereas the other half is simply a plain band. I think it should be relatively easy to replace the plain half with a shorter, less round band to make the whole piece have a smaller fit with a better fitting shape. It may not be the perfect fix but it'll reduce some weight and make the piece more wearable.

Hi SS and thbmok - thank you for your posts and suggestions.
In answer to the question from SS, I have consulted a jeweller about potential fixes for this matter (a very good one).

With regards to this particular suggestion, the answer is that yes in theory this can be done but it is unadvisable for a number of reasons.
When Cartier and Tiffany make full round bangles they are nearly always the same thickness all the way around the bangle, not anything like the shape of mine with its very different top and bottom sections.
If my bracelet was made to be round, it would be constantly spinning around on the wrist, therefore making my gems vulnerable and prone to damage.

And finally - perhaps most importantly - a fully round bangle does not fit with my original design brief and the agreed upon designs, which for an ovoid hinged bracelet.

I appreciate both of you trying to offer a solution- unfortunately it doesn't appear that this is it.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

arjunajane|1306214582|2928900 said:
B.E.G.|1306207952|2928831 said:

Thanks BEG for your post.

In the interests of continuing with full disclosure - I phoned Julia again last night, and this time she did answer. We had a very long discussion. No resolution or agreement is even close at this stage - but the channels of communication have been re-opened, and Julia has advised she will continue to communicate with me.
As far as I'm aware, there was not a personal or other extenuating matter preventing her from contacting me back in the weeks previous to this thread.

Thanks BEG - I too hope that this small step forward now means there is a resolution to this saga in my future.

Are you kidding, did I not update on the camera thread, I was sure I had?? I'm so excited about it, I can't believe I forgot to follow up!
I'll post over there now ::)

AJ :wavey:

I am so sorry you are going through this. ;(

I am extra emotional when it comes to jewellery and all mine are pretty much stock pieces, not beautiful one of a kind ones like yours.
I can only imagine how this has hurt you especially given the close nature of your relationship with the designer.

I am very pleased that communication has re opened. I hope that between you, you can find a way to resolve this matter, so that you can draw a line under this whole expensive and emotional roller coaster.

I will watch your thread with interest and I will keep my fingers crossed for good news for you, very soon!!! :!: :!: :!:

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock

AJ-I'm sorry about all the drama over what was supposed to be a beautiful piece of jewelry. And it's ridiculous that it took a vent thread on PS to get Julia Kay Taylor to speak to you. This is why PS is great, though-members will build up a vendor but they also hold them accountable. I guess that's something that Julia Kay Taylor hadn't felt until now.

I've never worked with her and never wanted to, but I am shocked that she would treat a loyal customer so poorly. And I know there are two sides to every story, but you've always been reasonable and fair in your posts on PS. I hope you can come to a fair resolution with her.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow... what a nutty, disappointing thread :nono: I'm so sorry AJ! And how irritating that thb's fix wouldn't work! I have fingers and toes crossed that you and Julia are able to come to an agreement re. removing your stones and sending the piece back for refund - it does seem like the least painful option for all involved, at this point.

That timeline is... absurd. There's no other word for it. I'm guessing it struck you, too, to see it written out like that! I too hit the point of *inexcusable* just a few lines down... but I also recognise that what seems so clear in hindsight most often isn't when you're in the thick of it ;( Honestly, I'm thinking the fact that you two *were* friendly, non-professionally, may have had something to do with how the relationship soured - the bad is always more hurtful and infuriating coming from someone you're close to.

Well - here's to continuing and productive communication, whatever the impetus! And another ::HUG:: to you!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

nothing more to add re: your sitation except that it really stinks you spent all the time, money and excitement on a piece that will just sit there in a drawer, I really hope it all works out for you.

on a side note- I think it is interesting the power that PS has.... someone finds a good vendor- someone on etsy, etc, they get a piece or two done, share with PS and that vendor starts raking in client.... prices and timelines will increase with the demand. PS really is a powerful forum- for both the positive and the negative!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

AJ, wow girly, I'm sad this is the reason you had to come back! I had often wondered where you were, and I would have much preferred you came back under way better circumstances!!

Though beautiful, theres no way that bracelet can sit right.

I can well imagine the price you paid for this. My own piece from her was quite expensive and done before the long wait periods.

I'm also sad for the friendship lost. With vendor/customer relationships its always that chance that lines get crossed the wrong way. I do hope that both of you can continue to talk this out and come to a resolution.

-A

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

susimoo|1306222075|2928937 said:
AJ :wavey:

I am so sorry you are going through this. ;(

I am extra emotional when it comes to jewellery and all mine are pretty much stock pieces, not beautiful one of a kind ones like yours.
I can only imagine how this has hurt you especially given the close nature of your relationship with the designer.

I am very pleased that communication has re opened. I hope that between you, you can find a way to resolve this matter, so that you can draw a line under this whole expensive and emotional roller coaster.

I will watch your thread with interest and I will keep my fingers crossed for good news for you, very soon!!! :!: :!: :!:

Hey susi :wavey:

cheers for your post. Yeah - I was planning on saving this piece to wear on my wedding day, and it had one of the earliest gems I had bought set in it - so there was certainly some emotion attached.

Thankyou for the wishes for a successful outcome, I hope so too. :))

thing2of2 said:
AJ-I'm sorry about all the drama over what was supposed to be a beautiful piece of jewelry. And it's ridiculous that it took a vent thread on PS to get Julia Kay Taylor to speak to you. This is why PS is great, though-members will build up a vendor but they also hold them accountable. I guess that's something that Julia Kay Taylor hadn't felt until now.

I've never worked with her and never wanted to, but I am shocked that she would treat a loyal customer so poorly. And I know there are two sides to every story, but you've always been reasonable and fair in your posts on PS. I hope you can come to a fair resolution with her.

Hiya Thing!
I agree about the usefulness and influence of PS - I would have likely been stuck without recourse, without this avenue.
I have certainly done my fair share of promoting / building up Julia during the last couple years on here. It is a shame that when things go wrong, all of that gets forgotten though :(sad

Thanks for giving me the cred - this is the first and only vendor complaint I have had in my (3 and some change) years here, during which time I've hardly lacked for projects, lol! I spent a long time going over countless emails before posting, so I could be confident in the info I portrayed.
I have invited Julia to contribute here her side of the story, or of course begin a new thread - it is not something that JKT is interested in doing, which I can completely understand and have no issue with. I don't think this reflects badly on a vendor if they choose not to participate on PS - what happens behind the scenes is the stuff that really matters ;))

cheers lovey.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

apologies its taken me a lil while to get back to folks - been a massive & tiring week :!:

Yssie|1306281543|2929515 said:
Wow... what a nutty, disappointing thread :nono: I'm so sorry AJ! And how irritating that thb's fix wouldn't work! I have fingers and toes crossed that you and Julia are able to come to an agreement re. removing your stones and sending the piece back for refund - it does seem like the least painful option for all involved, at this point.

That timeline is... absurd. There's no other word for it. I'm guessing it struck you, too, to see it written out like that! I too hit the point of *inexcusable* just a few lines down... but I also recognise that what seems so clear in hindsight most often isn't when you're in the thick of it ;( Honestly, I'm thinking the fact that you two *were* friendly, non-professionally, may have had something to do with how the relationship soured - the bad is always more hurtful and infuriating coming from someone you're close to.

Well - here's to continuing and productive communication, whatever the impetus! And another ::HUG:: to you!

hi yssie - yeah, you're right. I guess I hadn't really wanted to know how bad that timeline was, and you're correct it is striking when written out as such.
To be fair, there were times when I would ask for an extra week or two to make a payment when one was requested etc, and there was a mail stuff up (out of anyone's control) with one of the gems..however, I do not believe my behaviour contributed substantially to this loong timeline.

You're also correct on the second count - I couldn't believe then, and in fact still cannot believe, some of the accusations, assumptions and attack of character that have been levelled. I honestly believed Julia understood me better as a person than that.
Through this thread, I have been prompted to look back at some other JKT threads, esp. of other posters - and I am reminded of just how staunchly I always supported her side...just interesting I guess, how things can change on a whim, especially when professional r'ships divert into the personal..

*sigh*
Cheers for the Hugs..

I'm just waiting for a new camera to arrive so I can record a video for JKT about the bracelet, feeling static images do not tell the whole story, to the standard that Julia would like.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

Amys Bling|1306283982|2929552 said:
nothing more to add re: your sitation except that it really stinks you spent all the time, money and excitement on a piece that will just sit there in a drawer, I really hope it all works out for you.

on a side note- I think it is interesting the power that PS has.... someone finds a good vendor- someone on etsy, etc, they get a piece or two done, share with PS and that vendor starts raking in client.... prices and timelines will increase with the demand. PS really is a powerful forum- for both the positive and the negative!

thanks amy for the support :))
I agree on your breakdown about PS and its influence whole heartedly, btw.

Arcadian said:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

AJ, wow girly, I'm sad this is the reason you had to come back! I had often wondered where you were, and I would have much preferred you came back under way better circumstances!!

Though beautiful, theres no way that bracelet can sit right.

I can well imagine the price you paid for this. My own piece from her was quite expensive and done before the long wait periods.

I'm also sad for the friendship lost. With vendor/customer relationships its always that chance that lines get crossed the wrong way. I do hope that both of you can continue to talk this out and come to a resolution.

-A

Hi A..can I perhaps call you Easy A now...? :) (just kidding)
I too am sad this was the impetus for my 'leaving' of PS (although I'll never *really* leave, I just needed some time out) - and also the reason for my return..than again, I am grateful for the resource and of course all of the support.

I too have hope for a resolution, fingers crossed :wavey:

iLander

Ideal_Rock

Didn't read all the posts, just asking this one point; Did you tell her you were dissatisfied within her return period? Perhaps you should have returned it right away?

I agree, it's not to your satisfaction, and it doesn't match the drawing at all, just wondering if you told her right away. If you did, then there's no excuse for her not responding, that's just not businesslike. If you waited a month or two to say anything, then you may be stuck with it.

BTW I've never had anything made by her, and I'm not a "fan" of hers. Just trying to be objective.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock

From following JKT's site, I think she's gone quickly from an "artisan" to the queen of fine print. This is taken off her website:

*Custom orders may not be canceled or returned,
so please be sure of your order before it is placed.
**Notice regarding client supplied stones** All stones supplied by clients are sent at their own risk. I will not be held liable for damage, theft, or loss of materials while in my possession or during shipping. Clients are responsible for insuring their stones before they are sent.
* Due to unforeseen schedule interruptions, implementation of new processes, etc., custom project finish dates are not guaranteed.
**Julia Kay Taylor reserves the right to discontinue services at any point during a transaction if conditions of coercion are employed by a client covertly or otherwise, or upon being provided with false information that could result in a violation of state, federal or international laws. --this one was just strange.
**Julia Kay Taylor reserves the right to update these policies at any time without notice. It is advised that you check in regularly to view updates.

http://www.juliakaytaylor.com/policies.html

It always seemed like she strange that she'd have so many conditions--it kind of seemed like she was covering her ***. Judging by her 'policies' it seems like you can have no recourse. You can't cancel orders, so even if you had realized that an unreasonable amount of time has passed from the start date of your project, you wouldn't have been able to cancel. Your project finish date is not guaranteed, and so again, no recourse if she passes deadlines. I've also thought many of her pieces to be overpriced and her 'design schedule' to be a little absurd, but those are personal qualms. Good luck to you as you attempt to sort this out. If I were you, I'd consider posting a link on CS (where the majority of her clients are). Reviews, negative and positive, differing tastes and differing opinions, are so important--they are part of what makes PS the community it is and an amazing consumer resource.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

arjunajane|1306217757|2928918 said:
Pandora said:
Hmm, having looked at all the photos, is there a possibility that she thought the main design on the bracelet should sit on the top edge part of the arm so you would see it more if you looked down rather than it being flat on the arm where the detailed bit would be to the side most of the time and more prone to damage?

Weird thing to do but it's the only reason I can think of for doing this... and it looks how it is positioned in the photo of her arm. If you wear it that way does it fall down?

I'm sorry Pandora - I've tried a couple of times, but I can't seem to understand what you're asking here, sorry! Do you think you can clarify any further?

I was thinking the same thing as Pandora regarding the intended wear of the bracelet. I will try to think of a way to explain the orientation issue, and see if it helps at all! Hard to do online. Maybe I can take some photographs to illustrate...

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AJ, I feel horrible that you constantly have such bad luck with jewelry, from shipping to customs to this. I'm sorry to hear about your bracelet experience. Reading the policies that Indylady posted has me rather outraged. JKT doesn't seem to realize that without her customers she is nothing - i.e., she works FOR her customers and her primary goal should be to keep them happy.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

You know, I think I see what you mean. Normally people orient their arms so that the thumbs are pointing forward and the radius (the long bone in the forearm that runs into the thumb) is directly over the ulna (the long bone in the forearm that runs from "funnybone" to pinky). This actually creates an ovoid shape that is more consistent with the north/south orientation of the bracelet - the stones would face forward when you're standing with your hands at your sides, and upward when you're sitting with forearms on a table. Now this doesn't solve the problem of the bracelet being so heavy as to fall off while your arms are at your sides, and it's also clearly not what you asked for. [ETA: It's also not how most bracelets are designed, as you pointed out earlier.] But it might be a rational explanation for the design change.

iLander

Ideal_Rock

IndyLady said:
From following JKT's site, I think she's gone quickly from an "artisan" to the queen of fine print. This is taken off her website:

**Notice regarding client supplied stones** All stones supplied by clients are sent at their own risk. I will not be held liable for damage, theft, or loss of materials while in my possession or during shipping. Clients are responsible for insuring their stones before they are sent.
* Due to unforeseen schedule interruptions, implementation of new processes, etc., custom project finish dates are not guaranteed.
**Julia Kay Taylor reserves the right to discontinue services at any point during a transaction if conditions of coercion are employed by a client covertly or otherwise, or upon being provided with false information that could result in a violation of state, federal or international laws. --this one was just strange.
**Julia Kay Taylor reserves the right to update these policies at any time without notice. It is advised that you check in regularly to view updates.

It always seemed like she strange that she'd have so many conditions--it kind of seemed like she was covering her ***. Judging by her 'policies' it seems like you can have no recourse. You can't cancel orders, so even if you had realized that an unreasonable amount of time has passed from the start date of your project, you wouldn't have been able to cancel. Your project finish date is not guaranteed, and so again, no recourse if she passes deadlines. I've also thought many of her pieces to be overpriced and her 'design schedule' to be a little absurd, but those are personal qualms. Good luck to you as you attempt to sort this out. If I were you, I'd consider posting a link on CS (where the majority of her clients are). Reviews, negative and positive, differing tastes and differing opinions, are so important--they are part of what makes PS the community it is and an amazing consumer resource.

OH! :shock: Wow!

Thank you for pointing that out, Indy Lady!

Part of what I like about the Pricescope vendors is that they have a reasonable return policy. This doesn't seem like a return policy at all! It sounds like "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit!"

Nope, don't like that at all. :nono:

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock

kama_s|1306518337|2931775 said:
AJ, I feel horrible that you constantly have such bad luck with jewelry, from shipping to customs to this. I'm sorry to hear about your bracelet experience. Reading the policies that Indylady posted has me rather outraged. JKT doesn't seem to realize that without her customers she is nothing - i.e., she works FOR her customers and her primary goal should be to keep them happy.
This comment really kind of rubbed me the wrong way. I understand that she works for her customers but your wording seems a little harsh to me.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Burberrygirl|1306545096|2932116 said:
kama_s|1306518337|2931775 said:
This comment really kind of rubbed me the wrong way. I understand that she works for her customers but your wording seems a little harsh to me.

Fair enough. You're entitled to your opinion, as, by the way, am I.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IndyLady|1306509210|2931685 said:

Wow. Those are crazy. I'd be terrified to do business with JKT.

Arjuna, hugs! And hang in there...the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results