shape
carat
color
clarity

Vendor policy at Singlestone YAY or NAY?

Would you be okay with the policy or would it stop you from working with them?

• 1. I would not be okay with this and would look elsewhere for custom work.

Votes: 70 84.3%
  • 2. I think it's okay and I would be fine with it.

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • 3. Show me the results, I'm not ready to vote!

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
milton333|1347475971|3266954 said:
I would also add that I've recently had less-than-positive experiences with a couple of vendors that I otherwise admire and have previously patronized, and it's very easy to lose a customer's goodwill. Particularly in the jewelry business. Big jewelry purchases are either purely self-indulgent, or fraught with emotional weight. Or both. I'm already half trying to talk myself out of spending this much money on something like this just for me, it's not helpful to a jeweler's bottom line to seem inflexible, unapproachable, rude, condescending about budget or diamond size, etc. Just my two cents, but no matter how fantastic the quality of your product, you need to have exceptional "bedside manner" to manage your company's goodwill.

+1

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for clarifying, Ari.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1347409518|3266436 said:
Karl_K|1347408903|3266418 said:
I am confused as to what the exact policy is, as others most likely are, can someone email him who has his address and ask him to post here about it?
I think it is fair to offer him a chance to comment.

I already sent it to Single Stone on FB
, Karl.

I think it is pretty cool that Ari came onto PS and clarified, Gypsy!!! :appl:

Thank you Ari, I love everything from Single Stone!!!! :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TravelingGal|1347484526|3267042 said:
Single_Stone|1347482862|3267021 said:
Dear PriceScope members,

It has been brought to our attention that there has recently been discussion on PS in regards to our policy on sending out images to clients considering commissioning a piece with us. At Single Stone, we take great pride in our service, our designs and our production and feel compelled to respond to these recent posts and to clarify our policy on image requests. Because we recently discovered that a few of our designs were being copied by a local jeweler, we needed to implement this deposit policy for a short period of time so that we could further investigate the matter and determine how some of our images fell into this other jeweler's hands. It is our standard policy to require a deposit only when we begin the custom order process however, we do not require a deposit when sending out images of our pieces. At Single Stone, we do our best to accommodate all of our client’s requests and make the custom design process as comfortable as possible for everyone, especially those who are unable to visit us in our showroom. Single Stone does not discriminate based on budget or center stone size. We value each and every one of our clients equally. We take great pride in our service, our designs and the quality of our production and it is important for us to clarify this misrepresentation of our policy. Furthermore, the “blurry effect” that has been mentioned is not done intentionally. Our photographs are shot in house. The photos are not edited nor enhanced by Photoshop. We do not claim to be photographers nor make any attempts to enhance the photos we send out.

We are constantly looking for ways to grow and improve the quality of our service our designs and our production. We are currently working on a new, updated website that will launch summer of 2013 and will offer several image angles and include prices.

We sincerely appreciate all of the wonderful people we have met through PS and apologize to those who may have been inconvenienced in any way.

Ari Madilian
Single Stone

LOL to the bolded part above. Ari, just have your photographer take the profile shots then before you send them out...they won't be clear enough to copy. ;))

Anyway, nice to see you around these parts. "Welcome" to Pricescope! ::)

::snort:: such a way with words TGal!

And yes, welcome Ari! The new website sounds exciting :appl: I hope the copying issues get sorted out quickly and smoothly.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm so glad to see your response Ari! I was confident that you would be able to set the record straight! Looking forward to the new website and more of your gorgeous creations! Welcome to PS!

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
I think that customer service should not be sacrificed because they are having issues with a vendor copying. That is a legal matter, not a customer matter. They are creating "vintage reproduction pieces," so in a way, they are also creating a "version" of something else already created on the earth. Pretty much every one is recreating something that has already been created. I don't see why that's a big deal that would require a non-refundable deposit. That's just my opinion.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your response, Ari! I think the planned improvements to the website will be very welcome by all! It would help a lot to have prices so that we'd have an idea without having to call.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Ari for coming on here and explaining your prespective. LOL at the photography skills.

I do think that maybe if the issue comes up again, it should be clear that it's a refundable deposit and perhaps... a nominal one of $100 or something, if anything at all.

Looking forward to a new and improved website!

:wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results