shape
carat
color
clarity

VCA pendant haul

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both of these are so pretty and wearable, I love that layered look with your solitaire, too. What great finds!
@Snowdrop13 Thank you so much. Yes, they're very wearable. The MOP can be casual too, cause it can look really dark and gothy. :mrgreen2: Hope you are enjoying your fabulous collection.

I love them both, but especially the grey mother of pearl pendant. I hadn’t seen grey MOP before - it’s beautiful. It’s probably just as well for me that their prices are not really conducive to spur of the moment purchases or there may have been some clicking going on here!
@lissyflo , Thank you. You're right. If you get started, watch out... Probably better not to start. ;)2

LOVE both of these pendants, they are both absolutely gorgeous!!! :love::love::love:
The diamond one looks amazing on you LLJsmom! :appl: Pure perfection!!
@junebug17 Thank you so much. (((hug))) You need to get one too.
https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/nec...VhkwNCh2oqwr5EAkYBSABEgJWHPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

@LLJsmom Oh I agree completely with @junebug17 Junie and all the other lovely posters. Pure perfection. Stunning pendants and wow they look even better on you if that’s possible. TDF Gorgeous. :love::love::love:
@missy Thank you to you, and @junebug17 for all the support and therapy. :lol-2:

@LLJsmom I so love following you build up your VCA collection. I'm thinking about taking my first step with the rg sweet bracelet. Would you mind me sidetracking a little to ask how your sweets are holding up?
@luckyblackcat No problems with the sweets. I wear them when I work out. They are not nearly as delicate as they look. I wear them for a series of months at a time.

I would've loved to go to the show with you!! Next time ok? =)2
Now I'm curious what the other piece was that tempted you so....;)2.
@JDDN, for SURE. ;)2

Great, now I need a VCA necklace! :lol: Looks beautiful on you.
Thanks @Loreal . Happy to enable any time. Make sure you post yours if you do!!

OMG!!! TWO new pendants?! Super jealous here! They are STUNNING! :love::love::love:
What color is the grey mother of pearl IRL? Is it more greyish or greenish? Did I read correctly that you got both pieces from the VCA site?
Thanks @CareBear In indoor lighting, it looks dark oilslick greenish, and can almost look black. In sunlight, it is lighter gray, with a greenish undertone. It can look pinkish and bright greenish just depending on the angle of viewing and how it moves.

I bought them Pre-loved. The grey MOP is a holiday limited edition that came out in 2013, I think, and is no longer made. VCA does not make the grey MOP single pendant, but they will make special orders for multi motif grey MOP pieces. There are other pieces on their website that includes the grey MOP.

Magic Alhambra has some pieces with grey MOP.
http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en...alse&prodSort=&tokenNumber=0.1721198992591748

I think this is a grey MOP. I don't know if this is made any more...
https://www.truefacet.com/van-cleef...lying-beauties-diamond-butterfly-pendant.html

I would get this if I could. It's super clean and modern looking with the white gold.
https://www.truefacet.com/van-cleef...motif-grey-mother-of-pearl-16-5-necklace.html

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Great collection @LLJsmom!

Where do you like to buy your pre-loved VCA (if you don't mind sharing)? I have seen a few pieces here and there, but have been afraid to jump on them because I don't know the vendors that well and they always see to be listed for near retail, even when well used.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great collection @LLJsmom!

Where do you like to buy your pre-loved VCA (if you don't mind sharing)? I have seen a few pieces here and there, but have been afraid to jump on them because I don't know the vendors that well and they always see to be listed for near retail, even when well used.
@Octo2005 - I have had good luck with Truefacet. I've looked at 1st Dibs, Oakgem, And I've seen pieces on Ebay that I would take a chance on, provided you have a return option. Beware with Truefacet. Their shipment lag time for purchase can extend to 10-14 business days (it varies from piece to piece), and if you don't like it, it can take several weeks after you have shipped it to see the refund on your account. So my advice is not to purchase unless you are fairly certain you want the piece. They can tie up your money. Pricing can vary hugely. There are pieces I've considered that were barely below retail, maybe a couple hundred dollars below the retail price. But b/c VCA does NOT go on sale, any discount is still a discount. And if a piece is not produced anymore, the original retail price is a moot point. I paid more for the gray MOP than the price at its original issuance. Such is life. I wanted it, and I was lucky to get it at all.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your reply. It is a very beautiful piece, they both are

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both gorgeous necklaces!!! :appl:Congrats on such great finds! They both look great on you and I especially love the blingtastic one!! :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Came back for another ogle :love:

Laughed out loud at your description of "hitting buy actually succeeding"... been there, felt that! Will you have either extended?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your reply. It is a very beautiful piece, they both are
@Octo2005 Thank you so much. I would keep looking and seeing if you come across something reasonably priced. The VCA website is comprehensive and the pricing is usually updated so you can compare. I hope you come across something that is right for you.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Came back for another ogle :love:

Laughed out loud at your description of "hitting buy actually succeeding"... been there, felt that! Will you have either extended?
@yssie Can't believe it worked. Probably won't extend b/c I tend to wear my necklaces shorter. But now that I think about it, a couple of inches wouldn't hurt. Hmmm. I may have my local jeweler make me a two inch extender. I would feel badly bringing the WG in to my SA, which is essentially telling him that I won't be buying this piece from him. But if I showed him the grey MOP, he would probably congratulate me for snagging one. :P2

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both gorgeous necklaces!!! :appl:Congrats on such great finds! They both look great on you and I especially love the blingtastic one!! :love:
Thanks @ac117 . Yeah, the blingy one is very satisfying. :mrgreen2:

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think this is a grey MOP. I don't know if this is made any more...
https://www.truefacet.com/van-cleef...lying-beauties-diamond-butterfly-pendant.html

I would get this if I could. It's super clean and modern looking with the white gold.
https://www.truefacet.com/van-cleef...motif-grey-mother-of-pearl-16-5-necklace.html
Now you got me checking TrueFacet all the time for VCA! :P2

Thanks @ac117 . Yeah, the blingy one is very satisfying. :mrgreen2:
I tried the WG w/diamonds pendant a year ago and it was FABULOUS. But it is the same price range as a no diamond 10-motif, which I am also coveting, and there is no WAY I can have both. I cannot make a decision so I have not purchased either. Do you love it more than your other pendants? Have you ever considered the 10-motif necklaces?

Last edited:
P

PierreBear

Thanks for sharing and creating a separate thread! Looks lovely on you and enjoy layering it with your other pendant. Oh girl, you are looking so classy and beautiful!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are beautiful pieces, and they look very lovely on you! Lucky you that they are now yours!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now you got me checking TrueFacet all the time for VCA! :P2

I tried the WG w/diamonds pendant a year ago and it was FABULOUS. But it is the same price range as a no diamond 10-motif, which I am also coveting, and there is no WAY I can have both. I cannot make a decision so I have not purchased either. Do you love it more than your other pendants? Have you ever considered the 10-motif necklaces?

Hi @CareBear I actually haven’t considered a 10 motif only because that isn’t my style. I’m super casual all the time and I feel like a 10 motif would be a little fancy for me. But I also think it’s a state of mind. I’ve seen pics of people with t-shirts wear a carnelian 10 motif. I just don’t think I can get away with it. Also, the weight of 10 pieces may bother me. My neck is very sensitive to too much weight hanging on it. Also for that much money I want to be able to wear it everyday and I couldn’t do that with a 10 motif. Not that others couldn’t. I just can’t. What stone are you looking for and have you tried them on at the store?

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How beautiful both are LLJ's!! :love: They look wonderful with your diamond pendants--love how they look, as well as both alone! Congrats on your Holy Grail pieces!! :appl:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and classic!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are tdf!! Perfect! Thanks for starting the thread. Wear your beauties in good health and do get a mirror for your purse!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing and creating a separate thread! Looks lovely on you and enjoy layering it with your other pendant. Oh girl, you are looking so classy and beautiful!
Thank you @PierreBear. You are so sweet. Hope you’re doing well. :wavey:

Both are beautiful pieces, and they look very lovely on you! Lucky you that they are now yours!!!
Thank you @bright ice. So love you pieces too.

How beautiful both are LLJ's!! :love: They look wonderful with your diamond pendants--love how they look, as well as both alone! Congrats on your Holy Grail pieces!! :appl:
. Thanks @sarahb
So nice of you to drop by. :wavey:

Beautiful and classic!
. Thank you @nala Hope you are enjoying your beautiful new stone.

Those are tdf!! Perfect! Thanks for starting the thread. Wear your beauties in good health and do get a mirror for your purse!!!
. Thank you @kipari On it. Getting a mirror right now.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi @CareBear I actually haven’t considered a 10 motif only because that isn’t my style. I’m super casual all the time and I feel like a 10 motif would be a little fancy for me. But I also think it’s a state of mind. I’ve seen pics of people with t-shirts wear a carnelian 10 motif. I just don’t think I can get away with it. Also, the weight of 10 pieces may bother me. My neck is very sensitive to too much weight hanging on it. Also for that much money I want to be able to wear it everyday and I couldn’t do that with a 10 motif. Not that others couldn’t. I just can’t. What stone are you looking for and have you tried them on at the store?
Funny, I had a "what would LLJsmom do" moment at VCA last time looking at 10 motifs, after reading your "wardrobe" thread over at Hangout. My style sounds similar to yours. I'm super casual most of the time too: t-shirts, sweatshirts, sweaters, jeans, yoga pants. So I'm worried that I will never wear the 10 motif. My "state of mind" also keeps me from wearing a 10 motif with t-shirt and jeans. :(2 I've tired on carnelian, malachite, white mop, chalcedony. My favorite is the carnelian, which I already have the single motif of. Malachite is gorgeous but you mentioned they break easily, yikes! Chalcedony did not look great against my skintone. Though not my favorite, the most 'versatile' was the white mop. It looked not out of place with whatever the heck I was wearing that day (definitely did NOT dress up). But you are right, to spend that much, it should be something I can wear everyday. Thank you and sorry to hijack!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about this compact mirror from Van Cleef and Arpel? Gorgeous.

van-cleef-enamel-compact-wm5800e.jpg

or this one:

https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/obj...8iKBTwLfdQ_VCGbn20BoCKhEQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

3998213_master.jpg

or this one
https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/obj...18k-yellow-gold-make-up-compact/id-j_1541213/
P1270740_l.jpg

These would do your gorgeous VCA bling justice @LLJsmom :love:

How about this compact mirror from Van Cleef and Arpel? Gorgeous.

van-cleef-enamel-compact-wm5800e.jpg

or this one:

https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/obj...8iKBTwLfdQ_VCGbn20BoCKhEQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

3998213_master.jpg

or this one
https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/obj...18k-yellow-gold-make-up-compact/id-j_1541213/
P1270740_l.jpg

These would do your gorgeous VCA bling justice @LLJsmom :love:

@missy that first one looks like a cigarette case :cool2: that Katherine Hepburn would carry around.
The second one reminds me of the wicked queen’s, and the third is just cool!!! Heck I’ll take them all.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny, I had a "what would LLJsmom do" moment at VCA last time looking at 10 motifs, after reading your "wardrobe" thread over at Hangout. My style sounds similar to yours. I'm super casual most of the time too: t-shirts, sweatshirts, sweaters, jeans, yoga pants. So I'm worried that I will never wear the 10 motif. My "state of mind" also keeps me from wearing a 10 motif with t-shirt and jeans. :(2 I've tired on carnelian, malachite, white mop, chalcedony. My favorite is the carnelian, which I already have the single motif of. Malachite is gorgeous but you mentioned they break easily, yikes! Chalcedony did not look great against my skintone. Though not my favorite, the most 'versatile' was the white mop. It looked not out of place with whatever the heck I was wearing that day (definitely did NOT dress up). But you are right, to spend that much, it should be something I can wear everyday. Thank you and sorry to hijack!
@CareBear No, not at all. Love talking VCA. If I were to consider a piece, I would really like the malachite bracelet. I know it's one of the more delicate stones, but I would be taking it off before i do anything even remotely risky. The color is so beautiful and pops so much. Yet in a weird way, it's kinda neutral. I was debating between YG MOP 5 motif and the malachite. The more time I am away from the malachite, the more I miss it. If you wear the malachite pendant, I think it will be hard for you to damage it. It's at your neck, and wouldn't be hitting things.

The 50th anniversary pieces will be released in three traunches throughout this year, so you may find something there. I'm so looking forward to seeing what they will be. And I've heard they will be integrated into VCA's regular collections, so maybe we won't have to go nuts trying to snag one.

Wombats

Shiny_Rock
LLJsmom - These are absolutely gorgeous! Off-topic question, but can I please ask, what is the size/details of your diamond solitaire with the yellow gold chain you are wearing with the grey MOP? They set each other off beautifully and it's great to get a real life perspective!

Thanks so much for sharing :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom - These are absolutely gorgeous! Off-topic question, but can I please ask, what is the size/details of your diamond solitaire with the yellow gold chain you are wearing with the grey MOP? They set each other off beautifully and it's great to get a real life perspective!
Thanks so much for sharing :)
@Wombats Thank you! The solitaire is a 0.59 carat J AVR. (I think. I have to look back at my old thread.) The setting is a stationary rose gold chain with with white gold base. The funny thing about this solitaire is that I haven't yet wanted anything bigger.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is PS, there is no overkill with photos. I love the gray MOP.

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Both are beautiful pendants and so versatile!!! I can imagine that one of them can be worn each day, which really brings down the cost per wear!!!
I’ve never seen the grey MOP in person, but it looks gorgeous in pictures. Both of them do. Enjoy!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is PS, there is no overkill with photos. I love the gray MOP.
Thanks @cokitty I would think the same thing would get boring. Wish we could post videos safely.

Both are beautiful pendants and so versatile!!! I can imagine that one of them can be worn each day, which really brings down the cost per wear!!!
I’ve never seen the grey MOP in person, but it looks gorgeous in pictures. Both of them do. Enjoy!!!
@mol42 Thank you so much! I totally agree with you. I'm all about cost/wear. I wear the WG with diamonds almost 5 days a week, which makes me really happy. I love it yet forget it's there. It can get wet and I don't worry about it. Goes with everything. I don't regret this buy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results