shape
carat
color
clarity

VC Emilya Finger Coverage?

Linny

Shiny_Rock
Hi All,
Kind of random question but I’m trying to narrow down a few stones for an upgrade and reset and I’m waffling between a few that are under 2 carats (around 7.7-7.8mm) and some that hit the 2 carat mark (~8.2mm). I’m thinking I want around ~10.4mm of finger coverage but I’m struggling to figure out what size center stone would get me there since I know VC customizes the melee based on the center stone for his Emilya settings (he always seems to nail the proportions). Anyone have around a 2ct. center with an Emilya setting and know roughly the diameter of finger coverage of their ring. If I knew that I might have a better sense of what size to go with for my center stone. I know we are talking about ~.3-.4 mm differences but everything counts!

Thank you in advance for any comments!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure that's the best example because that stone has a large table and shallow crown so it is extremely spready for a 2.04 ct. stone.
It is amazing how much a halo adds to the overall size of a finished ring and I think you will have plenty of coverage, even if your diamond is an 8mm.
What is your ring size?

Linny

Shiny_Rock
That is my old ring. Here are some pics on a 4.5 finger:)

Screenshot 2019-08-10 at 9.02.53 AM.png Screenshot 2019-08-10 at 9.02.36 AM.png Screenshot 2019-08-10 at 9.02.12 AM.png

Thank you so much this is so incredibly helpful! Thank you for waking the time to dog those up. It is a gorgeous ring! My ring size is also a 4.5!

Reactions: AV_

Linny

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much this is so incredibly helpful! Thank you for waking the time to dog those up. It is a gorgeous ring! My ring size is also a 4.5!

Sorry just realized I mistyped several words. How embarrassing! Was supposed to read “taking the time to dig those up”!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results