shape
carat
color
clarity

Van Craeynest 810 & GOG AVC

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Oh my lord, I am absolutely dr :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: ling over that stone!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just lovely! Such a sweet and dainty setting!

lightningbug

Shiny_Rock
Sigh. :) I've been waiting for somebody to put an AVC into that setting, and the outcome is just as lovely as I'd imagined. It's a beautiful and classy work of art. Congratulations! Do we get hand shots?

legra

Brilliant_Rock
:love: So beautiful! :love: Gorgeous AVC in an exquisite setting. Would love to see hand shots. Congratulations!

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Ladies your wish is my command, though these pics are grainy-er and feature my less-than-dainty hand (size 7.5 finger!) The shank of the ring is 2.5 mm, so for viewing pleasure please imagine a long, elegant size 6 with beautifully-painted talon :)

Gemgirl, the camera is a Sony Cybershot DSC HX1. I'm using the 'point and shoot' mode provided for the photographically challenged ;-) And thank you!

Lightningbug, you must have a great eye for style inflections. We didn't have too much of a clue about the specific match!

Les pics:

Handshot008.jpg

Handshot22.jpg

Handshot001.jpg

Handshot1.jpg

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Your diamond looks incredible!!! That is a really unique setting. It goes perfectly with your new diamond. Congrats!

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It's totally gorgeous - can't wait to see some hand shots!

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Thank you H&A girl!

MonkeysInk, the handshots are just above. I know they're not the best -- but are they that bad?! :shock: lol j/k :)

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Both setting and diamond are beautiful.

AnneinGA

Shiny_Rock
Both are beautiful. I have never seen a setting so delicate and unique. I know you'll be proud to wear it!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
One of the most beeeeautiful rings I have ever seen on PS!!! Congrats; the details are amazing :appl: :appl: :appl: :love:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
That's pretty! :love:

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
The setting and the diamond are beautiful, together they are divine!!

:love:

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!!!!!

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is just stunning!!! :love:

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's beautiful! Is it by chance set East-West? In some shots it looks wider than it is tall (is it a square stone)?

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Aw Ladies, thank you all for your lovely comments! Could do with a :bunch of flowers: smiley for this :)

Ecf, you're right on the money with that! We gave VC the okay to set the stone in whichever orientation looked best... so I suspect the slightly elongated (6.37mm Vs 6.25mm) side was selected to make better proportion with the size 7.5 ring. Nicely spotted ;-) Here's one comparing it with a 1.6ct G round (for interest) and an Idealscope of the stone in setting:

Idealscope AVC 001.jpg

J Vs G.jpg

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I love the setting that the 1.6 round is in too! Is that, by any chance, a Single Stone setting? You have two beautiful rings!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, gorgeous diamond and gorgeous ring!!

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, SparklyOEC and Diamond Dana!

Sparkly, the other ring is a VC too, style no. 1007. There are some better pics on the 'Show me some Van Craeynest' thread on page 25. I love Single Stone settings (and stones :love:) too. Maybe one of these days... :naughty:

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous diamonds and settings, and great photos, too! I love the detail on the settings. Congratulations on your AVC.

katedrac

Rough_Rock
Great combination, congratulations.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That setting and your AVC go together perfectly. Gorgeous!!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!! :love: I never tire of those AVC's!!! Your other ring is very pretty also!!

Cachette :))

DragonEyce

Rough_Rock
Wow very nice! Love the AVC + VC combo...Its perfectly delicate and dainty and antiquey :love: Oh and the round in the 1007 setting is equally amazing :love:

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing pictures. Perfect combination!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Devine!

chers--Sharon

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Oooh love the new pics! I actually think the diamond size looks really really good on your hand, because you can see the band detail better - overall, just a wonderful, elegant combination. Congrats!

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again, ladies. Your kindly comments are much appreciated! :)

I posted up the comparison of J with G to highlight the value of going for a lower color in an antique (style) cut. The 1.1 J ring was 1/4 the total price of the (platinum) G ring -- but it doesn't give a quarter of the impression. Old-fashioned cuts in lower colors for the win! This is what I've gleaned from the experiment anyway :razz:

Will re-post the pics in the "Show me some VC" thread now. Thank you all :wavey:

ETA: B.E.G. Thanks for posting some pics to your AVC-dedicated thread. It was your thread that hypnotized us into making this foray in the first place!

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! It's perfect, congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results