shape
carat
color
clarity

Van Craeynest 810 & GOG AVC

metro

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know how I missed this, but this is one amazing ring!

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
G O R G E O U S!!! :love: :love: :love:

lightningbug

Shiny_Rock
I just checked back in, and I just have to say WOW. :lickout: Thanks for posting those hand shots. This is one of my *very favorite* rings on PS.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
VERY UNIQUE AND GORGEOUS!!!

Lori

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
I really love this ring! Congrats... :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is no more perfect combination, in my opionion, than an August Vintage GOG stone and a Van Craeynest setting. This is gorgeous! I've told Jonathan within the last week that if I had tons of extra cash, AV and VC would be my pick!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's a beautiful ring :) I like the orientation of the stone - it's a great stone! I would love to see more pictures of it! Especially the head - I love the shank :D

cachia85

Rough_Rock
My vocabulary can't help me to say how beautiful your ring is! It's spectacular!!! =p~

April20

Ideal_Rock
I'm totally late to this party, but wanted to say how beautiful your ring is. The stone is yummy and the setting is perfect. Enjoy it!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring. Love the AVC and the VC combo. Just perfect. :appl:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I'm a little late but WOW!!!!!!!!! :love: :love:

Agent P

Rough_Rock
That is my FAVORITE VC setting! :love: :lickout: :love: I love that ring with the AVC.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Can somebody please come and help me get my jaw off of the floor?

WOW.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it's gorgeous, and I'm amazed at how the little warmth looks so beautiful with this cut. I want a AVC tooo!!!!!!!

Is this a "just because" present from your dh, or is it for a special event?

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Wow ladies, thank you for the lovely comments. It's always a pleasant shock to read positive things! :) Cehra, I've made a (not too-well lit) collage to show a clean version (compared to the filth-ridden first one!) of the head and shank. I'm liking the stone in the 'wrong' orientation -- those wider facets give out much more bang for the angle :razz:

Jaysonsmom, I was stalking the 'Show me your AVC/AVOEC' thread for a while and it just eroded my resistance... and then I involved the DH. So I can only say that the happy occasion was when we received the 'little brick' ;-) The J color is never noticeable in daylight and shows up (face up) as a muted yellow 'glow' only in certain conditions. This happens so infrequently that I can't tell you what these conditions are! hehe. You're right though, a little warmth + old fashioned faceting = drool, or =p~, as Cachia has it (lol btw Cachia, classic first-principles smiley!)

The pics:

Collage002.jpg

Collage001.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I love that head! It shows a lot of naked diamond and I love that! It looks like you can see the culet but can you? Or is it tucked down a little? I'll have to go back and see - is there a hole under the stone to the finger or is it solid? It looks so well constructed!

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
No problemo Cehra! :)) I think the culet is just out of sight -- though if you wanted it visible it would be no biggie to the guys at VC. The head is a solid lump of plat so it does 'feel' like the diamond would be very safe there for a long time! There's a hole directly under the culet, here's s couple of shots below to give you an idea... I hope they allow in the right amount of illumination :)

BrickletHeight.jpg

BrickletHeight1.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe yes, I am 'illuminated' :D Thank you again, I totally dig it :)

agatha.nl

Shiny_Rock
that's a J ?!! :shock: i can make out some warmth in the first pic, but in the others it clear as hell (or heaven?)!!! lovely brick :mrgreen:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results