carat
color
clarity

Show me some Van Craeynest!

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Kimi....that is much appreciated here
21.gif

My wife wears this on her right hand every day. She doesn''t dress very casually so it looks right..though I think it''s still small and delicate enough to work with most any look..we picked this one because it''s the smallest of the bigger rings..we weren''t too sure about the size factor either..though that''s all by the way now as we''re going to put a larger diamond into VC no 1007
41.gif
!

SizzyzziS

Rough_Rock
I have to say that Van Craeynest is the best in the US. I have been working with them (Larry and Judy) for over 10 months now. My Boyfriend of 9 years popped the big question. I said yes, then we picked the perfect ring, called Larry and had it in the works. The day it shipped was the last time it was heard of. This is when the unfortunate events began. My original engagement ring was mail theft/mail fraud (stolen) from the USPS. We were absolutely devastated when the ring was taken. The diamond was a family heirloom, given to us by my fiances mother, which was her late fathers. 7 months of investigations, calling the Postal Service, arguing with them. We had many ups and downs, but Larry stuck with us. Larry is the greatest man (besides my fiance) , for taking on the USPS and working his butt off to resolve the situation. He and his company will go above and beyond for customer satisfaction. He takes pride in what he does, which in turn makes a great product. He has become a true friend in my book. Well I finally got my ring, this week and i wear it proudly. It is worth all the time, frustration, and a few blow ups we had to endure. The most beautiful ring in the world.....Van Craeynest= Beauty..Elegance..Artistic...Magnificent People.......what more can you ask for?
We will definitely purchase from them again in the future.
ML
Sizzy
VC Catalogue
#484 LG
White Gold
Round Brilliant Diamond 1.05c
G VS1

100_3350_00 (Small) (2).jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/14/2009 4:31:35 PM
Author: SizzyzziS

I have to say that Van Craeynest is the best in the US. I have been working with them (Larry and Judy) for over 10 months now. My Boyfriend of 9 years popped the big question. I said yes, then we picked the perfect ring, called Larry and had it in the works. The day it shipped was the last time it was heard of. This is when the unfortunate events began. My original engagement ring was mail theft/mail fraud (stolen) from the USPS. We were absolutely devastated when the ring was taken. The diamond was a family heirloom, given to us by my fiances mother, which was her late fathers. 7 months of investigations, calling the Postal Service, arguing with them. We had many ups and downs, but Larry stuck with us. Larry is the greatest man (besides my fiance) , for taking on the USPS and working his butt off to resolve the situation. He and his company will go above and beyond for customer satisfaction. He takes pride in what he does, which in turn makes a great product. He has become a true friend in my book. Well I finally got my ring, this week and i wear it proudly. It is worth all the time, frustration, and a few blow ups we had to endure. The most beautiful ring in the world.....Van Craeynest= Beauty..Elegance..Artistic...Magnificent People.......what more can you ask for?
We will definitely purchase from them again in the future.

ML
Sizzy

VC Catalogue
#484 LG
White Gold
Round Brilliant Diamond 1.05c
G VS1

Sizzy, I wrote this on another thread, too, but I hope you will start your own Show Me the Ring thread! That ring deserves its own thread!!!! I love it! We''ll need more pictures, though!!!

LAtPoly

Rough_Rock
In a few weeks, I will be the owner of my own VC engagement ring. We got to meet Larry on Saturday and see his factory and it was a great experience. He takes a lot of pride into his factory and rings - and it shows. And he''s very open to customizing rings, he didn''t even flinch at the suggestion. On the contrary, he seemed to welcome it.

We ended up choosing a slightly modified version of 1034-2. We choose the #4 head (because I heart the flur-de-lis), and the flowers will be done in gold with the outer-band done in platinum. We are also bring the two flowers back a little so it ties into the head a little lower and the scroll/band part will be brought inward somewhat to thin the ring out (if I understood everything correctly). Trying to make it a little more delicate, as I like very dainty rings. I told Larry the thinner and daintier, the better. Larry seemed to pick up what I was asking, so I have faith it''ll be close to what I''m envisioning. But even if it was the plan old 1034 I know I''ll treasure it - it''s a lovely ring regardless.

I fell in love with some of his bangles: 811 and 911 are so simple and elegant. I was this close to choosing them because it''s more in line with what I usually wear. But it seemed wrong to go to VC and not get the little details they do. There is something magical and special about their detailing and pierced rings. So hopefully my modified ring will be the best of both worlds.

So in 3-4 weeks I may have a lovely ring on my finger, would love to have it before Thanksgiving wtih my family. I will definately supply pictures for you fine ladies here. I am so glad to have stumbed upon this site, I''m pretty sure I heard about VC because of Pricescope.

-L

Mariposa

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!! I CANNOT WAIT to see your new ring. Seriously, I''m about as excited to see yours as I was to see my own. I love diamonds in the 0.50 - 0.66 size range (unusual, I know) and the ring you picked was one of my top choices.

I''m sure it will be absolutely breathtaking!

Mariposa

engaged1025

Rough_Rock
Hello! I love looking at everyone''s personal favorite VC rings, they are all works of art. We recently placed our order for Engagement ring 488 in platinum. http://www.vancraeynest.com/chased.html I am considering darkening my ring to help the design pop, has anyone darkened this particular ring or any others I could take a look at? Thanks!

http://www.vancraeynest.com/chased.html

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
For the gallery: Van Craeynest 1007 in platinum with a GIA 1.62ct G VS2 and 0.5ct in side diamonds
1.gif

Van Craeynest 1007 11.jpg

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/22/2009 12:06:55 AM
Author: sunseeker101
Stunning. Just stunning.

*M*

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/23/2008 3:24:30 PM
Author: Love in Bloom
Date: 2/23/2008 12:04:25 AM

Author: coatimundi

LIB--You have such lovely pieces! Your wedding set is so beautiful. I''m really getting into Van Craeynest--such lovely work!

Thanks for sharing
1.gif

Awww, I''m *blushing* ... Thanks coatimundi!

I wonder if my stone would work. I so love the look of yours. If it doesn''t, there''s always a colored stone!I love the thicker shank. Oh how I want to reset now!

I would absolutely die to see more colored stone VC rings! The ones I saw in person were the most amazing pieces of ANYTHING I had ever seen!
4.gif
:

LIBsVCvisit0010.jpg
LIBsVCvisit0014.jpg

These colored stones are amazing... I must have them!

*M*

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2009 11:41:00 PM
Author: poptart

LIB--You have such lovely pieces! Your wedding set is so beautiful. I'm really getting into Van Craeynest--such lovely work!

Thanks for sharing
1.gif

Awww, I'm *blushing* ... Thanks coatimundi!

I wonder if my stone would work. I so love the look of yours. If it doesn't, there's always a colored stone!I love the thicker shank. Oh how I want to reset now!

I would absolutely die to see more colored stone VC rings! The ones I saw in person were the most amazing pieces of ANYTHING I had ever seen!
4.gif
:

LIBsVCvisit0010.jpg
LIBsVCvisit0014.jpg

*M*

Poptart!!!! Welcome back!!!!

How have you been? It's been ages!

35.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/24/2009 10:12:48 PM
Date: 11/23/2009 11:41:00 PM

LIB--You have such lovely pieces! Your wedding set is so beautiful. I''m really getting into Van Craeynest--such lovely work!

Thanks for sharing
1.gif

Awww, I''m *blushing* ... Thanks coatimundi!

I wonder if my stone would work. I so love the look of yours. If it doesn''t, there''s always a colored stone!I love the thicker shank. Oh how I want to reset now!

4.gif
:

LIBsVCvisit0010.jpg
LIBsVCvisit0014.jpg

*M*

How have you been? It''s been ages!

35.gif
I''m doing a lot better now! Things have settled down quite a bit, thanks for asking. How have you been??

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2009 11:40:56 PM

Date: 11/24/2009 10:12:48 PM

How have you been? It''s been ages!

35.gif
I''m doing a lot better now! Things have settled down quite a bit, thanks for asking. How have you been??

Eeek! I''m glad things have settled down (I hope everything is okay!).

I''m doing well. Remember when Angeline serenaded me, saying west wind was calling my name? Well, I finally moved to CA and I love it here! It helps that I live dangerously close to VC central
31.gif
. I even got to meet the lovely Angeline and see her diamond (yeah, it''s AMAZING!!!). So anyway, my fingers shrunk and my VC collection grew...is still growing
2.gif

Do I remember correctly that you were from Utah? Either way, in my travels out west I remember thinking of you when I saw those amazing rock formations and then the salt lakes. Loved it!!!

How is your wedding band holding up? Did you ever find the one you lost? Got any more pics of your 917? (hehe, you know I just HAD to ask
3.gif
)

LAtPoly

Rough_Rock
I''ve been naughty and hadn''t taken any pictures. Boring day at work today, so I took some with my smart phone so I could finally share...

Ring is a slightly modified version of the 1034-2. Gold flowers, platinum band/head. #4 head.

IMAG0022.jpg

LAtPoly

Rough_Rock
Excuse the quality of the pictures - taken w/a phone and I''m no photographer. We tried with the nicer digital camera in macro mode and they looked even worse.

IMAG0023.jpg

LAtPoly

Rough_Rock
Last one. For anyone interested, the diamond was .65 carat, D-color, IF, excellent-cut. Sorry for the bad picture quality, but it''ll be awhile before I get more suitable and thought it be nicer to at least share for you VC fans out there. The ring is so much prettier in person, and so delicate. I love it. -L

IMAG0025.jpg

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
That is gorgeous LAt! Even with cameraphone pics it is luminous and delicate and looks very alluring on your hand. Beautiful setting fit for a D IF. Congrats
1.gif

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
LAtPoly,

What a beautiful ring! I love the 1034-2
30.gif
. Congratulations! Such lovely craftsmanship!

(Geckodani and LAtPoly--thank you for the compliments too
21.gif
)

MatchMadeInCarbon

Rough_Rock
Hi All!

First; thank you for contributing to this thread. I''ve reviewed it thoroughly and hope to have a successful Van Craeynest story of my own. I''ve been trying my best to work with Larry this past week on something simliar to the 1034 in platinum for the big E ring. I know this is a sensitive subject but I really have no where else to ask. Have any ideas, best guesses or own experiences to help me price what a 1034 variant in platinum would be?

I understand that Van Craeynest is expensive (and very likely worth it) but I can''t help but feel out of my element in this very specific market.

Thanks so much again; & I hope to be contributing to this forum soon (with juciy photos too)!

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Hello there. We've worked on a few customized pieces with Larry and have never been quoted a price without asking. In general customizations don't cost anything extra over the given price. In plat you're probably talking about between 4.5 and 5.5 thousand, though it's best to ask. Best of luck with the project
1.gif

MatchMadeInCarbon

Rough_Rock
Hey thanks Sunseeker;

It''s always nice to get some help; especially when feeling so out of my element.

I''ve taken the leap of faith with Larry (who has been very helpful & great as everyone has said). So you''ll get to see what he''ll create with my ideas!

MMIC

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results