shape
carat
color
clarity

[Urgent] Sapphire Advice

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
The rounds they offered were particularly poorly cut. You've already had to compromise on adequate tone and saturation ratios, you don't want to compromise on cut.
Their cutting that we've seen...I would leave the sapphires as the cushion they are.
You need to see it with the diamond at the same time to see if the proportions please you.

The sapphire will be physically smaller at the same weight of one carat.
round shape:
diamond: 6.5mm
sapphire: 6mm
The eye will notice a 0.2mm difference.
Opera Snapshot_2023-08-27_040621_www.brilliantearth.com.png
You need to take those sapphires out of the box and get them on the back of the hand in a ring holder or between the fingers. Then you need to get under sunlight, shade and overhead lighting that isn't flat office lighting. Tell the jeweler you want to see how they change before you decide which one you want. Cut will be the determining factor- and you can't see that until you bring it into the light. Ask to see the two smaller square cushions on the end in this box (next to the two you'd circled on the right) along with box 3 of the two other sapphires, as well. Compare them with the third box sapphires. Side by side, on the hand. They may also work.
image_2023-08-27_042405654.png

Yes it is the left stone of the last box (ie the left stone of these two in the video here). They are going to cut the stone to make it match the measurements of the diamond center stone. I think both have decent saturation but not sure between the two - also if they further cut the stone to make it match the diamond measurements, do you see any issues with it? Am thinking if there are risks of the stone ending up with windows etc. Grateful for your thoughts.

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Not exact, but might help with visualization.

Sapphire - .59 carat 4.49x4.19x3.43mm
Diamond - .44 carat 4.44x4.67x3.29mm

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
Not exact, but might help with visualization.

Sapphire - .59 carat 4.49x4.19x3.43mm
Diamond - .44 carat 4.44x4.67x3.29mm

That's the one I meant! It's about as close as it gets, a diamond and blue sapphire moi et toi. A very pretty ring, too.

jercker

Rough_Rock

All - after further discussions with the jeweller I am about to choose the sapphire and move forward to completion of the project. Based on this last video, I have a preference for the two stones in the small box on the top lhs (preference for the left one) but would like to get your views if you see any flaws which I might miss especially vs the first box in the video. Thanks again

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
Based on this last video alone, the left stone in the first box and the top stone in the small box are the ones that grab my attention the most. I imagine you'll be selecting which one you'll use in person - just trust your eyes, go with the one that draws you the most. You know enough by now to recognise and avoid poor cutting, and colour is a matter of preference.

jercker1

Rough_Rock
See both stones next to the diamond - have a strong preference for the first one given the relative sizing but not sure if I see a window which isn't present in the larger one? DO you guys think the window would be closed when set?

As always thanks a lot in advance - so close to terminate the project :)

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
You're seeing a bit of tilt windowing, I don't think it will be much of an issue once set.
If you like the proportion on the first duo, then it's just a question of will it outweigh the slight edge on light return/color of the larger?
Both look really nice. Your eyes will see much more than ours can in person.

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
I second @ItsMainelyYou you, there's a little bit of a tilt window, but that's something you're likely to see with many stones.

Both stones look nice and bright in these videos, but I suspect the culprit is the camera overexposing a bit due to the black latex gloves. To be honest, I prefer the bigger one just a tad bit, I actually like the slight difference in size. But whichever you go with, it will be beautiful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results