shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrade thoughts?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, ceg! Yes, there are many of us who understand the stuggle of always wanting a little more or something a little different! I am not comfortable wearing a larger diamond than I have, so I have been buying other diamond rings just because I love them and love to have a project going! But you know what? I really don't wear them! I also think they will be too large for my girls' worlds, so I think maybe I should sell them and start over with more modest size stones. I have this conflict going on ALL THE TIME! I am rarely without a project, however, our youngest daughter got engaged the weekend before New Year's, so all my time and attention right now is involved in wedding planning. I research everything to death just like I do with jewelry and it really consumes all my time!:lol: So I do think finding some kind of other interest might at least take some of the diamond dilemma away!

I love your current ring and the setting is one of my favorites! I hope the new band will add a little extra variety and satisfy your desire for something new for the time being. I am maybe one of the few here that does think there is such a thing as too big, but that varies so much depending on one's social circle and comfort level wearing a large diamond. I know I could be happy with a smaller stone, but because I don't need to sell, I won't do so anytime soon because I am quite positive I'd miss the rings I have and know that some of the stones would be difficult to replace. But it kind of gives me peace to know that I really would be okay if they all were gone, because there are more important things in life than the material ones. I am very thankful to have the means to have such a hobby, though, and look forward to giving my girls some things through the years.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I, too, notice the CZ is bigger. Can you take a side pic? Wondering how much higher it sits than your current ring.
Your approach of watching WF inventory and taking your time is a good one. Now that you know the difference in appearance between what you have and 10mm it will help you determine if that visual difference is worth the price when one becomes available. And in the meantime you can enjoy your beautiful ring and new EW band on its way to you!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @ceg
Late to this thread but yeah I was obsessed for a while. Then a new obsession gets into my head and I let go of the old ones for a while. I think a number of us that find PriceScope and linger have obsessive tendencies so if it isn’t bling it’s something else. Enjoy you stunning ring, and it is so gorgeous!! And find other things you might like to add to your jewelry collection. Personally I’ve run through custom pieces, and kinda made my way through branded pieces so now I’m on to updating my purse collection. It will always be something with me. And probably you too. Maybe you just need to branch out again.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh ceg that Lily is devine! :love: Looks amazing stacked with your Dahlia!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Bonfire! I really love it!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, it is really pretty! It is a great shape for stacking!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It’s so pretty! It goes so nicely with your ER!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful @ceg! It looks perfect with your other rings.

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
That's absolutely gorgeous!!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG! OMG! OMG!

NOW Y'ALL LISTEN TO THIS!

I sent a pic of my new Lily along with my Dahlia to the lady at White and Ivory where I bought Lily. She wrote back that she loved my ering. I told her thank you and that I was debating setting my stone or a new stone in an EW Margot. Just a few minutes later she emailed back that she has a brand new Margot in platinum that was made for a lady who changed her mind. It was made for a 9.7mm stone. It is freaking crazy! What!?!?!

The HUGE TWIST here is that yesterday I made an appointment on Monday to look at a 9.7mm stone that I saw on the wf website last week.

I am completely and utterly shocked at this fate!

It is happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG! OMG! OMG!

I sent a pic of my new Lily along with my Dahlia to the lady at White and Ivory where I bought Lily. She wrote back that she loved my ering. I told her thank you and that I was debating setting my stone or a new stone in an EW Margot. Just a few minutes later she emailed back that she has a brand new Margot in platinum that was made for a lady who changed her mind. It was made for a 9.7mm stone. It is freaking crazy! What!?!?!

The HUGE TWIST here is that yesterday I made an appointment on Monday to look at a 9.7mm stone that I saw on the wf website last week.

OMG!! It’s fate!!! :appl:

EC8

Shiny_Rock
What incredible serendipity, how exciting!!!
The EW Margot is one of my most favorite settings, but like you, the price tag is a bit more than I can justify...
Fingers crossed all the pieces fall into place!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG! OMG! OMG!

WHAT?!!!! :shock: This is incredible! :appl:I hope that stone checkes all of your boxes! I assume you’ve nailed down that Margot setting, if not do it now!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi @ceg
Late to this thread but yeah I was obsessed for a while. Then a new obsession gets into my head and I let go of the old ones for a while. I think a number of us that find PriceScope and linger have obsessive tendencies so if it isn’t bling it’s something else. Enjoy you stunning ring, and it is so gorgeous!! And find other things you might like to add to your jewelry collection. Personally I’ve run through custom pieces, and kinda made my way through branded pieces so now I’m on to updating my purse collection. It will always be something with me. And probably you too. Maybe you just need to branch out again.
That’s me for sure!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unbelievable! When fate knocks, you MUST open the door - lol!! You were so lucky to sell the first Dahlia and here you go with another setting win. I am thrilled for you and the possibilities!:appl:

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Screenshot_20190223-144440_Instagram.jpg
This is the actual setting (left one!!!).

I can't believe this turn of events!

OMG! GIRL!!!!! THIS IS INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! OMG! OMG!

Wow!! That's awesome!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I told DH that we were going out to celebrate how much money he saved by this, lol!!!

I feel like a giddy little girl!!!!
I’m so happy for you @ceg! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screenshot_20190223-144440_Instagram.jpg
This is the actual setting (left one!!!).

I can't believe this turn of events!

Oh my. I love this band. It's delicate yet very noticeable. The milgrain is fine and crisp. I think I may have scratched a mosquito bite. :lol:
20190223_111914.jpg 20190223_111829.jpg 20190223_111754.jpg 20190223_111658.jpg

I told DH that we were going out to celebrate how much money he saved by this, lol!!!

I feel like a giddy little girl!!!!

OMGorgeous!!!! :kiss2:LOVE LOVE LOVE! Congrats @ceg! I love it when things work out even better than anticipated. How sweet it is. Wear your gorgeous new bling in health and blingy joy.:appl:

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:shock: :shock: :shock: Wow!!! What great luck. Can’t wait to see this all come together for you.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is great news!!! And I love the Lily band. It’s my favorite one!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is amazing!!!:appl::appl::appl: I love the new band, too!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loving the update to this thread- your new band is amazing:kiss2: and I can’t believe you found this setting for an upgrade. #meanttobe

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is surely meant to be!!!! Cannot wait to see it happen!!!:mrgreen2:

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is surely meant to be!!!! Cannot wait to see it happen!!!:mrgreen2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results