shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrade thoughts?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol. I’ve been wearing a 10 mm sim around the house for a few months. It is so huge! For some reason, dss doesn’t set in with my sim!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol. I’ve been wearing a 10 mm sim around the house for a few months. It is so huge! For some reason, dss doesn’t set in with my sim!
How many mm is your I?

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well here is a pic of the 10mm cz next to my ring. Now I really don't know if it would be worth it to upgrade. I know it would take 10mm to even see a difference! I am now leaning toward doing nothing. The cz looks a bit gawdy (I know it's a cz and just way too white for me) but I also don't think it really looks that much bigger. Especially for the price. What do y'all think? 20190219_142801.jpg

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well here is a pic of the 10mm cz next to my ring. Now I really don't know if it would be worth it to upgrade. I know it would take 10mm to even see a difference! I am now leaning toward doing nothing. The cz looks a bit gawdy (I know it's a cz and just way too white for me) but I also don't think it really looks that much bigger. Especially for the price. What do y'all think? 20190219_142801.jpg
I honestly love your current stone; I think the size is perfect on your finger.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you're right @Wewechew .
It looks a bit garish and almost silly. I have been really studying my ring, lol. I love so much about it. Maybe I just need a new band to change my stack so it looks different. That would be a "no ask hubby" purchase!!!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that size difference would only be noticeable to you....but you're the one who has to be happy with what you're wearing ...if it were me I wouldn't find it worth it tbh. If you were to keep your current stone for the long term are you happy with the setting?

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bludiva I really love this setting. It's my second stone I have had in the same setting. I loved it so much that I had cvb make it for me again for this stone. I just am enamored with the Margot. But I do think it would make my stone look smaller with the dainty prongs. Plus it's $5500! Yikes, for a solitaire. If I ever go with it I have to be absolutely sure I am done upgrading stones. Better just wait.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

As a self-proclaimed "size ho", this goes against everything I stand for, but... I'd keep what you have. There's just not that much difference to my eyes.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whiteflash doesn't have a stone with the specs I would want anyway so I will just keep an eye on the inventory and if they get one, I can always just go look at it. But, going there is always dangerous, lol!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was hoping you would chime in @msop04. My DH loves you about now!

I honestly expected to be an enabler here, but it's just not worth it to me... I love the stone you have now (and the setting). I'm not sure 10 mm would even look like 10 mm in the Margot... maybe need 10.2?? **yikes**

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe it is just my eyes but I think the CZ looks quite a bit larger. However, I much prefer the size of your current stone on your hand. I thought your diamond looked well proportioned for your hand and your stacks are to die for! The whole look is beautiful and blingy without being too ostentatious. At some point, the larger stones just seem unwearable for every day unless you can sit around with your hand in the air doing nothing but admiring!

I like your decision to sit tight - unless a stone comes by that you just can't live without!

Just for fun though - what would your ideal specs be?

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MissGotRocks Lol, since you asked,

3.7-3.9 (10mm)
VS2
J or I but I really prefer J because I don't like my stone to turn blue when it reflects the sky on a sunny day. A J has enough warmth to cancel the cool blue. I really dislike fluorescence for this reason. I am so weird but lucky for the price difference!
ACA
Table <56.5
Crown >34.5

They have an I that fits this right now but I really would prefer a J and I do think it may be a bit too big for my comfort. Not to mention a J would be 8-10k less. So I am going to wait for a while.

Last edited:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MissGotRocks Lol, since you asked,

3.7-3.9 (10mm)
VS2
J or I but I really prefer J because I don't like my stone to turn blue when it reflects the sky on a sunny day. A J has enough warmth to cancel the cool blue. I really dislike fluorescence for this reason. I am so weird but lucky for the price difference!
ACA
Table <56.5
Crown >34.5

They have an I that fits this right now but I really would prefer a J and I do think it may be a bit too big for my comfort. Not to mention a J would be 8-10k less. So I am going to wait for a while.

I thought you liked the higher crown angles. My former stone was 34.5 and this stone is 34.8. There is definitely a difference. Interesting thoughts about color too - I am not a fluorescence lover either. I guess it is something you think is really cool or you just don't care for it. Never thought about the color canceling blue white but you would be correct about that! Interesting observation!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe it is just my eyes but I think the CZ looks quite a bit larger. However, I much prefer the size of your current stone on your hand. I thought your diamond looked well proportioned for your hand and your stacks are to die for! The whole look is beautiful and blingy without being too ostentatious. At some point, the larger stones just seem unwearable for every day unless you can sit around with your hand in the air doing nothing but admiring!

I like your decision to sit tight - unless a stone comes by that you just can't live without!

Just for fun though - what would your ideal specs be?

@ceg, I think one reason it looks bigger (besides being bigger - duh! ;-) ) is because it's a totally different sparkle and color... it's blue-white and sparkles like, well, a CZ. :) I much prefer your J, honestly.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly @ ceg I don’t think there’s enough of a difference to spend a lot of money on an upgrade.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m in the same camp as @MissGotRocks. To my eyes I see quite a difference in size. Do you feel it is a size you would be comfortable wearing on a daily basis? When you wear the CZ how does the size feel to you? I know you are crushing hard on Margot and she comes with a hefty price tag, but maybe it’s an itch you HAVE to scratch. :kiss2:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m with @Austina. I just don’t think it’s worth it. When upgrading an already large stone you have to go up quite a bit larger to see a noticeable difference. It really doesn’t matter what we think. Do you think it’s worth it @ceg ?

Pricespoke cam really mess with your mind when it comes to size LOL.

Last edited:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m in the same camp as @MissGotRocks. To my eyes I see quite a difference in size. Do you feel it is a size you would be comfortable wearing on a daily basis? When you wear the CZ how does the size feel to you? I know you are crushing hard on Margot and she comes with a hefty price tag, but maybe it’s an itch you HAVE to scratch. :kiss2:
Same.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I did scratch the itch a little. I got a Lily band by Erica Winters. I found it on Ebay! A b&m store in Virginia is discontinuing her line and had the floor sample for sale. Exactly my size and in 18k yg. I called them and the owner said that it is in perfect condition. Since they are discontinuing the line it was much less than msrp. So I bought it. It should be here Friday! I guess this piece will either relieve the itch for a while or make it itch so bad I go crazy! :lol::lol::lol:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can’t wait to see it! What a great eBay find!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lily is a beautiful band! What an awesome find ceg!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
great find! i had to look to see what else was available from this jeweler and there are a couple of bands and a beautiful Laurel solitaire, i hope PSers snatch them up! :kiss2:

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really like what you have! Having seen the CZ on you, I'm not sure it would be worth it to me to upgrade. I think you're at a major sweet spot!

Pics of the band when it comes please! So pretty!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
great find! i had to look to see what else was available from this jeweler and there are a couple of bands and a beautiful Laurel solitaire, i hope PSers snatch them up! :kiss2:

If you call them, White and Ivory in Leesburg, VA, they will give you a better price too!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you call them, White and Ivory in Leesburg, VA, they will give you a better price too!

My God... I want that Imogen so badly!! ...but, alas, I cannot justify buying a band with such small diamonds for $3K. :( #whycantiberich

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results