carat
color
clarity

Upcoming IDJ visit!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cchloe|1459439149|4013702 said:
Acano if you end up aski ng about stoned please show them to us here after. I have a new-found thrill for upgrades :loopy:

PintoBean what did you end up telling him for the setting. Are you just going to let him design your ring?! I could h=never hand over that much power! What if you don't like it when it's done?!
I want a solitaire, so I figured whatever is designed, it couldn't get any worse than the 6 prong stuller solitaires I usually get! :lol: I will be getting a CAD to proof. AND I think he knows what PSers like based on what sells. (The vatche, for example, is exactly what I want my rounds to end up in if I am ready to commit to a forever setting that is a solitaire, and he seems to sell a lot of those.)

I really have to live with a stone for a while before I know what I want to do. My yellow cushion started off with two small white side stones. Nice, but didn't rock my socks. Then I became enamored with milgrain and halos and bezels, so I happily reset it in its forever home.

I don't want to spend a lot of money on the EC's setting because I need to get to know Miami...

As for the thrill of upgrades - I think they are fun, especially when it's OTHER people's money involved :dance: :lol:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
acano117|1459439785|4013723 said:
He said he already sent back the 2.2 H VS1 that he had pulled for you. Don't worry, when I go on Tuesday I will definitely take loads of (crappy) iPhone pictures haha...I already warned Yekutiel that I want all the image bells and whistles since I didn't have that for my first stone! Yes, PS is definitely bad for me.... :dance:
If a GIA report is like the birth certificate, those images are like the foot prints and finger prints of your bling :lol: :lol: :lol: I'd want them all too!

NICHLO

Rough_Rock
Wow! Loved looking at all that bling! Thanks for sharing. I'm in the process of upgrading my 2.2 carat round to a 3, but this thread made me want to plan a trip to nyc and soon:)). Definitely like the three prong and hope to have one someday. I'll keep this all to myself (and this board until the time comes). Ha! Thikking of reasons I will need to go to nyc in the fall. Dying to visit idj.
Cchloe, can't wait to see your ring set. Did they tell you when it will arrive?

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
acano117|1459439785|4013723 said:
He said he already sent back the 2.2 H VS1 that he had pulled for you. Don't worry, when I go on Tuesday I will definitely take loads of (crappy) iPhone pictures haha...I already warned Yekutiel that I want all the image bells and whistles since I didn't have that for my first stone! Yes, PS is definitely bad for me.... :dance:
acano117, I can't wait to see what Yekutiel finds for you! Good luck tues!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NICHLO - Dangerous to come to NY!!! It's harder to resist in person!! :lol:

Thanks, CareBear!! I'm excited! Waiting is THE HARDEST part!!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NICHLO|1459471310|4013966 said:
Wow! Loved looking at all that bling! Thanks for sharing. I'm in the process of upgrading my 2.2 carat round to a 3, but this thread made me want to plan a trip to nyc and soon:)). Definitely like the three prong and hope to have one someday. I'll keep this all to myself (and this board until the time comes). Ha! Thikking of reasons I will need to go to nyc in the fall. Dying to visit idj.
Hi Nichlo! :wavey:
come and join the 3 prong club!!! :dance:

Cchloe - can you tell us about the other pieces you are getting from IDJ? I wish I could get an eternity ring, but 6 years ago, i was a ring size 7.75 and now I'm a 9 with THIN rings stacked. I need to wait till I am relatively stabilized in ring size.

Echoing CareBear's sentiments, Acano117 - I'm DYING to know what IDJ is going to find for you!! What are your target specs? Tuesday feels like it's SOOO far away! I think you mentioned wanting to re-use your current setting. Is your current setting a style where they can lop off the head and attach a bigger head to accommodate the new diamond? "Off with her head!" :naughty:

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
Hello enabling friends:) I'm having anxiety about my ring. I'm so afraid I'm going to see the tint or that the diamond will be dark. I keep thinking I should have gotten that 2.2 H VS1. I'm afraid it will contrast against the eternity which is F/G. Oh god what have I done :doh: ;( I'm also afraid it will be very noticeable to dh who will be disappointed in such a downgrade. I guess since I haven't seen the stone myself I'm just afraid it *looks* like a lower quality stone, just because I SI1 *sounds* like such a downgrade from F VS2. I seriously couldn't sleep last night. I was like, will Yekutiel kill me if I change my mind? Is it too late? It's obviously too late. I'm such a moron. Anyway, I'm a super indecisive person and I almost always have buyers remorse so hopefully my fears will be calmed when I finally get this ring.

He said 2-3 weeks and I almost died. I'm praying to the gods I will get it/everything next friday.

I have a u prong with 7 or 8 pointers but I bought from them a u prong 12 pointer eternity. I felt like 10 was not enough of a difference but 15 seemed a little too big. I don't want the eternity to stick out too far.

And then I'm also getting simple 4 prong basket setting 0.7 ctw white gold studs. I asked for claw prongs. Also someone mentioned in another thread that IDJ only offers the U-113 setting with the tab prongs and it is only WF that does the pointed prongs. Wrong! They are making claw prongs for my ring. In case anyone was wondering...

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1459521286|4014147 said:
NICHLO|1459471310|4013966 said:
Hi Nichlo! :wavey:
come and join the 3 prong club!!! :dance:

Cchloe - can you tell us about the other pieces you are getting from IDJ? I wish I could get an eternity ring, but 6 years ago, i was a ring size 7.75 and now I'm a 9 with THIN rings stacked. I need to wait till I am relatively stabilized in ring size.

Echoing CareBear's sentiments, Acano117 - I'm DYING to know what IDJ is going to find for you!! What are your target specs? Tuesday feels like it's SOOO far away! I think you mentioned wanting to re-use your current setting. Is your current setting a style where they can lop off the head and attach a bigger head to accommodate the new diamond? "Off with her head!" :naughty:

The new 3 prong TBs are SO pretty!!! NICHLO, I agree with PB...you should drink that koolaid! I actually have a 5ctw 2 prong TB from my previous jeweler (pre-PS)....Yekutiel even commented on it when he saw it bc I guess they aren't that common!

Thanks, PB!! Tuesday feels like ages away!! I think for the first time ever I'm going to want the weekend to fly by!! Oh Yekutiel and I had a thorough conversation yesterday....my current e-ring is a 1.8 so I'd like to definitely be above 2.2 to see a size difference and I'd ideally like to be at 2.5 or higher but that might require me going down to an 'I' color and I really need to see one in person before committing to that since I think I'm fairly color sensitive and have been looking at an 'E' for so long! Above all, I want as close to a perfect cut without having to pay the extra premium for the name. Eye-clean is all I care about as long as it gets me the size. I've done numerous PS searches and have even seen some 2.7 in our budget but not sure what Yekutiel could get his hands on. I want options, though...I told him I want to see several stones in different colors lol I'm a bit all over the place. DH is probably coming with me Tuesday and it'll be his first time meeting them (he's avoided it like the plague until now :lol:).

Honestly, there's a stone in our budget that I have my eye on at WF and that's going to be my comparison for what Yekutiel is able to find. I haven't posted it bc I don't want it to get scooped up and I also check periodically to see if anything new pops up! :naughty:

Ideally I'd like to use my setting but will need to see if it's possible. I have a cathedral bead set pave setting and it has a peg head so maybe it could be beheaded!? I posted a side view of it in this thread...maybe you could give me your opinion? [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wf-legato-sleekline-pave-or-bgd-classictruth-sleek-micropave.221574/#post-4009050#p4009050']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wf-legato-sleekline-pave-or-bgd-classictruth-sleek-micropave.221574/#post-4009050#p4009050[/URL] We'll see....I also want claw prongs...IDJ did them on my studs and they are :lickout: haha....BN's prongs are so blocky!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
acano117 - are you far from NYC (home - I know you mentioned you work close by)? would you want to go to IDJ on Sunday?

As for the setting, it looks like they have different "span" widths. So Yekutiel would have to see if the new diamond would fit within that span. You wouldn't want it set too high, either, because that could also lead the bigger diamond to be a candidate for accidental "lopping" of the head!

Here's a stuller link to look at for reference re: what I mean by span widths...
http://www.stuller.com/products/sh337/?groupId=117242

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cchloe|1459522491|4014158 said:
Hello enabling friends:) I'm having anxiety about my ring. I'm so afraid I'm going to see the tint or that the diamond will be dark. I keep thinking I should have gotten that 2.2 H VS1. I'm afraid it will contrast against the eternity which is F/G. Oh god what have I done :doh: ;( I'm also afraid it will be very noticeable to dh who will be disappointed in such a downgrade. I guess since I haven't seen the stone myself I'm just afraid it *looks* like a lower quality stone, just because I SI1 *sounds* like such a downgrade from F VS2. I seriously couldn't sleep last night. I was like, will Yekutiel kill me if I change my mind? Is it too late? It's obviously too late. I'm such a moron. Anyway, I'm a super indecisive person and I almost always have buyers remorse so hopefully my fears will be calmed when I finally get this ring.

He said 2-3 weeks and I almost died. I'm praying to the gods I will get it/everything next friday.

I have a u prong with 7 or 8 pointers but I bought from them a u prong 12 pointer eternity. I felt like 10 was not enough of a difference but 15 seemed a little too big. I don't want the eternity to stick out too far.

And then I'm also getting simple 4 prong basket setting 0.7 ctw white gold studs. I asked for claw prongs. Also someone mentioned in another thread that IDJ only offers the U-113 setting with the tab prongs and it is only WF that does the pointed prongs. Wrong! They are making claw prongs for my ring. In case anyone was wondering...

Oh cchloe I'm so sorry you're having second thoughts!!! I'm even more sorry that I can't be of any help right now bc I'm in the exact same boat as you and I haven't seen an 'I' in a large stone and I know I'm also going to have to bite this bullet if I want the size I'm looking for! However, Pinto has seen your stone and has said it's GORGEOUS so I would definitely trust her experienced eyes. But I also know that color sensitivity varies from person to person so only YOU will know if it's acceptable to YOUR eyes. I trust that Yekutiel found you a knockout stone, though, and just like he told me....he said he would find a stone that's so well cut that I wouldn't notice any color at all bc all I would see is sparkle and size! Trust in that and hopefully that will hold you over until you get it! And he would NOT kill you....he understands and just wants you to be happy! One more piece of advice, if the 2.6 doesn't end up working out, don't feel like the 2.2 is your ONLY other choice! Take your time and be patient bc there are SO many stones out there!

I can't wait to see your other purchases too! I'm sure they're all going to be amazing!!

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
Oh man. PB did he tell you when yours will be done? There's a PSer who's avatar is an emerald ring and I saw it was a K FL (or IF?) and it litterally has no color. She could have said it was a D and I wouldn't have blinked.

What about the tennis bracelet. You got me looking into those as well now lol.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1459523773|4014167 said:
acano117 - are you far from NYC (home - I know you mentioned you work close by)? would you want to go to IDJ on Sunday?

As for the setting, it looks like they have different "span" widths. So Yekutiel would have to see if the new diamond would fit within that span. You wouldn't want it set too high, either, because that could also lead the bigger diamond to be a candidate for accidental "lopping" of the head!

Here's a stuller link to look at for reference re: what I mean by span widths...
http://www.stuller.com/products/sh337/?groupId=117242

Not far at all! I would love to but I feel a little bad going on Sunday when he specifically asked me to come on Tuesday so he could prepare! However, if you'd just like company to see and visit your new Miami, I'm definitely game! :)

Very true about the setting...it's definitely on my list to ask him. DH would definitely not be thrilled if it can't ;( I do like that my setting is at medium width and would like the keep it like that. Lopping is NOT an option :lol:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hugs, cchloe!

I don't know how I missed your post before! Acano's reply brought it to my attention! :wavey:
This is not a 2.6, but I wanted to show you an AGS0 K color (and AGS can be 1 grade softer sometimes than GIA) 1.5 ct next to IDJ f/G melee

_2725.jpeg

_2726.jpeg

_2727.jpeg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
acano117|1459525330|4014181 said:
Not far at all! I would love to but I feel a little bad going on Sunday when he specifically asked me to come on Tuesday so he could prepare! However, if you'd just like company to see and visit your new Miami, I'm definitely game! :)

Very true about the setting...it's definitely on my list to ask him. DH would definitely not be thrilled if it can't ;( I do like that my setting is at medium width and would like the keep it like that. Lopping is NOT an option :lol:
Hi acano117 :wavey:
I told Yekutiel I will go on Sunday. Since he won't have anything ready for you till Tuesday, no pressure if you want to come or not! Of course I'd love to meet you some day! :wavey:

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
I know I'm being that crazy person who needs reassurance. But the anxiety is real. This jewelry can't get here fast enough.

I can't wait to see what Yekutiel pulls for Acano. Then I'm gonna be like, hey, maybe I should get a stone like that instead! I wish I was less crazy.

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
PB your skintone does something magical to that stone I think.. either that or fluorescence? Or both? Isn't that the stone in the fluoresce photo you showed me the other day? It really doesn't look tinted at all.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1459526413|4014188 said:
acano117|1459525330|4014181 said:

Hi acano117 :wavey:
I told Yekutiel I will go on Sunday. Since he won't have anything ready for you till Tuesday, no pressure if you want to come or not! Of course I'd love to meet you some day! :wavey:

OoO what time are you going!? I would love to meet you, too! DH is actually busy all day Sunday and there's nothing like looking at bling!

Could you do me a favor, pleaaaase? Could you look up the WF stone and tell me what you think? I'm going to post this for a minute bc I see you're online and I hope you see it...but then I'm going to edit and delete it....

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Acano117, I took a peek at the WF ES stone, it is lovely! I actually was going to respond earlier regarding WF being overpriced, the ACA line carries a premium but some of their ES stones don't. I have a ES stone that is IMO very reasonably priced. So if Yekutiel doesn't find you a stone, which I doubt will happen, WF ES line would be a good option.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CareBear|1459528499|4014201 said:
Acano117, I took a peek at the WF ES stone, it is lovely! I actually was going to respond earlier regarding WF being overpriced, the ACA line carries a premium but their ES stones don't. I have a ES stone that is IMO very reasonably priced. So if Yekutiel doesn't find you a stone, which I doubt will happen, WF ES would be a good option.

Thanks, CareBear! That's very reassuring! Part of me wants that perfectly cut stone but I just want to know what else I could get in our budget. I know the ES is under the ACA, but I'd definitely want to make sure that it missed the ACA grade by a hair instead of being way off. Gypsy in RT has scared me recently by saying that WF is letting in a lot of "dogs" into their ES line! Which is obviously what I'm avoiding!

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
Acano i didn't see which one you posted but I think I may know which one you're talking about because it was also my point of reference. I can tell you though that everything Yekutiel showed me was either almost identical stats and much less expensive or the same price and much better stats. Hopefully it will be the same for you. It is good to have a point of reference, it helps to decide between the ones he will show you.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have yet to see a 'dog' in their ES line but the range does go from H&A to PS 'grade' GIA excellent. Some WF H&As do not get branded ACA because it has fluorescence or have depth over 62.0%. Neither of which I mind :bigsmile:

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
cchloe|1459529028|4014206 said:
Acano i didn't see which one you posted but I think I may know which one you're talking about because it was also my point of reference. I can tell you though that everything Yekutiel showed me was either almost identical stats and much less expensive or the same price and much better stats. Hopefully it will be the same for you. It is good to have a point of reference, it helps to decide between the ones he will show you.
cchloe, I have NEVER seen a 2.6 I SI1 priced as well as yours! I was quite worried someone was going to 'steal' it while you were deciding. phew! Let's hope Yekutiel works his magic again!

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
I was hoping everyone would have forgotten about the price :silenced:

I wish I lived in NYC or was at least stationed there for the time being so I could go visit IDJ and see what the deal is with these diamonds!

PB what else did you buy aside from the pudgy emerald? I originally typed "only the emerald?" and then I remembered you just bought a 4 carat diamond :dance:

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
CareBear|1459529492|4014211 said:
cchloe|1459529028|4014206 said:
cchloe, I have NEVER seen a 2.6 I SI1 priced as well as yours! I was quite worried someone was going to 'steal' it while you were deciding. phew! Let's hope Yekutiel works his magic again!

They had it on hold for me but at the end were wanting me to make up my mind because apparently my big mouth caused quite a few people (hello PintoBean :Up_to_something: ) to call and say they saw the 2.6er on my thread and if I wasn't going to take it, they were.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cchloe|1459527052|4014193 said:
PB your skintone does something magical to that stone I think.. either that or fluorescence? Or both? Isn't that the stone in the fluoresce photo you showed me the other day? It really doesn't look tinted at all.
HAHA - I'm going to say it's just how the natural light streams into the bathroom :lol: :lol: :lol:

When DH gets home, I'm going to take shots of the rings on his hand. He is fair, ruddy, with NO CAPACITY TO TAN!
acano117 said:
OoO what time are you going!? I would love to meet you, too! DH is actually busy all day Sunday and there's nothing like looking at bling!

Could you do me a favor, pleaaaase? Could you look up the WF stone and tell me what you think? I'm going to post this for a minute bc I see you're online and I hope you see it...but then I'm going to edit and delete it....
My goal is to arrive between 10:30 AM and 11:00 AM. i'm hoping to arrive at Penn around 10 AM, and it depends on how lucky I am with the E train lololol...

I didn't get a chance to see the WF stone :(. If you want an AGS0, you can get a non-branded one as well. I'm confident that IDJ will find you a winner GIA or AGS. Esp. since you are local, you will be a walking advertisement for them, so a stunning stone on your finger would lead to more local foot traffic :dance:
cchloe said:
I was hoping everyone would have forgotten about the price :silenced:

I wish I lived in NYC or was at least stationed there for the time being so I could go visit IDJ and see what the deal is with these diamonds!

PB what else did you buy aside from the pudgy emerald? I originally typed "only the emerald?" and then I remembered you just bought a 4 carat diamond :dance:
3 prong tennis bracelet with 10 pointers :whistle:
cchloe said:
They had it on hold for me but at the end were wanting me to make up my mind because apparently my big mouth caused quite a few people (hello PintoBean :Up_to_something: ) to call and say they saw the 2.6er on my thread and if I wasn't going to take it, they were.
Oh hell yeah! And that's how you know you have a winner there cchloe, even I said - if cchloe doesn't want the stone, I WANT IT!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

I'm having a little anxiety myself. What if I meet Miami and she's too tinted for me? :errrr: "Yekutiel, me-ah-YOU keep the stone!" :naughty:

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
cchloe|1459522491|4014158 said:

You should definitely NOT be working yourself up! Trust Yekutiel if he says it's beautiful. He picked my e-ring (H, VS2) and my studs (G, SI2) and they are absolutely gorgeous!!! Glad you are getting your claw prongs on the Vatche. I have the tab prongs and adore them, but everyone has different taste!

NICHLO

Rough_Rock
This IS an enabling board for sure! Imagine me getting my dh to nyc only to look at jewelry. I will have to plan something better than that!

PB....this is all your fault! If I hadn't happened upon your thread and drooled over all that bling, I would have been satisfied with my upgrade :naughty: Oh, but now, I feel I need a three prong bracelet along with a five stone ring and while I'm at it, why not some nice earrings too? Can't wait to see the four carat as well as all of the other goods. Don't forget the pics! Also, can you clarify something you said? Which has stricter color grades...Gia or AGS?

Cchloe".......I would not worry too much about the I color. I have done a lot of research and haven't seen anyone complain about the color. But, I get it. I'm also looking at an I and will see it in about two weeks. I am going from a G and so am nervous about the drop in color. BUT, I currently also have a set of earrings 1.80 tw and they are both ideal cut (one is my engagement ring). One is D color and one is G or H I will have to look. Thing is, I can NOT tell the difference hard as I try. I'm hoping I feel the same way about the I which is also ideal. I'm sure if you get the ring and don't like it they will work with you until you are happy. I have read many good things about their customer service. Can't wait to see all your other goodies!

Accano117.....can't wait to see your bling either. Make sure and post for the rest of us.

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
I just looked at threads of beautiful ACA I colored stones while explaining to someone on RT that I color is nothing to worry about. Heheh I hope I'm right :twirl: Those 4-5 ct'ers though. PB you're one of them now!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NICHLO|1459539069|4014267 said:
This IS an enabling board for sure! Imagine me getting my dh to nyc only to look at jewelry. I will have to plan something better than that!

PB....this is all your fault! If I hadn't happened upon your thread and drooled over all that bling, I would have been satisfied with my upgrade :naughty: Oh, but now, I feel I need a three prong bracelet along with a five stone ring and while I'm at it, why not some nice earrings too? Can't wait to see the four carat as well as all of the other goods. Don't forget the pics! Also, can you clarify something you said? Which has stricter color grades...Gia or AGS?

Cchloe".......I would not worry too much about the I color. I have done a lot of research and haven't seen anyone complain about the color. But, I get it. I'm also looking at an I and will see it in about two weeks. I am going from a G and so am nervous about the drop in color. BUT, I currently also have a set of earrings 1.80 tw and they are both ideal cut (one is my engagement ring). One is D color and one is G or H I will have to look. Thing is, I can NOT tell the difference hard as I try. I'm hoping I feel the same way about the I which is also ideal. I'm sure if you get the ring and don't like it they will work with you until you are happy. I have read many good things about their customer service. Can't wait to see all your other goodies!

Accano117.....can't wait to see your bling either. Make sure and post for the rest of us.
NICHLO :wavey:
hahaha - a suite of jewelry! You deserve it! There's too much to do in NYC! Pick a museum and drop off DH while you spend a few hours at IDJ playing hahahahaha!

I've read on PS that GIA is stricter on color, but it's not like AGS is loosey goosey like EGL - maybe it will be different by a grade. My mom's AGS0 I color was independently appraised as a J, but one color difference is nothing to be alarmed about when an independent appraiser is verifying your purchase.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry I've been away! PB-I'm definitely fine with that time! Could you contact me through my LT listing when you have a moment? I could also send you the WF stone then too!

NICHLO, this is all for sure PB's fault!!! She started the thread!!! :bigsmile: the rest of us are innocent bystanders :silenced: :angel: :lol:

Cchloe, I've been looking at the same ACA honker threads with the I and J colored stones! They look amazing! I'm hopeful!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results