clarity

Upcoming IDJ visit!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1458764923|4010028 said:
CareBear said:
PintoBean|1458759221|4009945 said:
They are upgradeable! :naughty: I hope you call and get an idea for pricing - you might be pleasantly surprised! :appl: :dance:
For the full purchase price?! :o
From my understanding, yes, which is why they impress upon you to KEEP YOUR RECEIPT! lololol... BUT disclaimer - always double check with IDJ b/c my brain is like a sieve nowadays... :confused:
PintoBean, I ALMOST clicked on the live chat yesterday, but I remember on another thread someone said something like "called IDJ to get a quote, and received a bracelet the next day..." So it sounds like their prices might be too low to resist. ;))
I really should discuss this with DH first and do a bit more research. Thank you again for all this useful information! I can't wait to see your bracelet!!!

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
PintoBean! If there is a way to send you a private message, I can't figure it out but I figured I would ask you here in hopes that not too many people will read it. Apparently so many people are reading my trade-in thread, there are people calling IDJ wanting to buy the 2.6 I stone!! Like hungry sharks, they're waiting for me to change my mind or something so they can grab it instead.

Honestly though, how did it look? Do you think it looked whiter than a usual I? Were the arrows clear? Did it look like a wow stone? Did you look at it near a window? I'm afraid it's going to glow blue in daylight. Lol I know so many questions. The thing is, they told me about another stone, a bit smaller but a straight up solid stone, H&A, perfect stats, actually even more so than I asked. Of course now I'm torn.

If you had to choose between the 2.6 I SI strong blue for that price or a smaller ACA type of stone, let's say a 2.2 H VS no fluo approx. 8.4 mm spread (don't want to give all the details away this time! damn you lurkers!) for about 7-8K$ more... what would you do?!? Did the 2.6 look that good or would you go for the ACA??

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cchloe said:
PintoBean! If there is a way to send you a private message, I can't figure it out but I figured I would ask you here in hopes that not too many people will read it. Apparently so many people are reading my trade-in thread, there are people calling IDJ wanting to buy the 2.6 I stone!! Like hungry sharks, they're waiting for me to change my mind or something so they can grab it instead.

Honestly though, how did it look? Do you think it looked whiter than a usual I? Were the arrows clear? Did it look like a wow stone? Did you look at it near a window? I'm afraid it's going to glow blue in daylight. Lol I know so many questions. The thing is, they told me about another stone, a bit smaller but a straight up solid stone, H&A, perfect stats, actually even more so than I asked. Of course now I'm torn.

If you had to choose between the 2.6 I SI strong blue for that price or a smaller ACA type of stone, let's say a 2.2 H VS no fluo approx. 8.4 mm spread (don't want to give all the details away this time! damn you lurkers!) for about 7-8K$ more... what would you do?!? Did the 2.6 look that good or would you go for the ACA??
I did not think your stone looked yellow. I saw Queenie's H and I, and I saw yours, and to MY eyes they were in the same range. I did not look for arrows, but what I can say about your stone was that it is VERY difficult to photograph because it's always ON ON ON! This is without the fancy jewelry store lights on. If you saw the pic I did take of Queenie's stones, they were blurry because the stones wouldn't quit dancing :lol: The 2.6 I was also a bit of a show off as well!

My mother has an I AGS0 super ideal from Brian Gavin, and at 1.7+ ct, it faces up white. When we took it to an independent appraiser, he said it leans towards a J. I have also seen an H with medium fluor BG Blue at 2.2+ ct, and it faces up white! Since AGS can sometimes be a grade softer in color than GIA, I'm comfortable saying that the 2.6 GIA I is nice and bright and face up white. Even when it was face down, I couldn't see the inclusions with my naked eye, and I did not see any yellow.

The question of super ideal ACA versus GIA excellent is hard for me to answer. I can say that when my mom wears her BGD super ideal rings, people notice and comment. I currently have a BG Blue and I am considering selling it back to BGD so that I can buy a GIA excellent diamond selected by Yekutiel in a larger ct to take advantage of today's lower prices. I would :love: to buy the 2.6 I if you were to pass on it, personally. BUT I don't know if I'm ok with buying a GIA XXX because mom has already told me her super ideals are going to be mine one day. You know what I mean? I can't help but wonder what my stance would be if mom DIDN'T have super ideals to pass down to me...

There were no windows, so I didn't get to look at the 2.6 I in natural light, but...
I think a picture says a thousand words. I want to show you what happens in sunlight with blue skies. The ring with pave band has an H with NO fluor. The YG solitaire is a K with Very Strong fluor. The H reflects a little blue that it's picking up from the sky. The K with very strong blue IS indeed bluer, but it's not alarmingly more blue.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
H no Fluor versus K with VS Fluor

_2599.jpeg

_2600.jpeg

_2601.jpeg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Couple more Fluor comparison shots

_2602.jpeg

_2603.jpeg

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
PB, you're honestly so helpful. I'm so torn, I really don't know which to choose. The thing is the other stone isn't an AGS ACA, it's a GIA H&A.

Here's the size difference. My original 2 ct'er is on the left looking all sad like a 1.8 ct'er and to the right is this really expensive H&A diamond that I would need to dish out 9k for.

http://www.diamdb.com/compare/2ct-round-7.94x8.01x5.06-vs-2.21ct-round-8.38x8.43x5.15/

And now here's my old stone next to the 2.6 for only 2.6k :naughty:

http://www.diamdb.com/compare/2ct-round-7.94x8.01x5.06-vs-2.6ct-round-8.72x8.76x5.47/

I guess I'm just worried that it will *look* like a stone that I sacrificed color and clarity for size. But when I look at the smaller H&A stone in the perspective shot I can't help but think, if only it were just a little teeny bit bigger for the $$!!

All this and I bet I wouldn't even be able to tell them apart side by side.

Also out of curiosity since you and mother both seem to have some serious diamond game going on, do you own any I's from IDJ? Or jewelry in general aside from the future bracelet.

edit: ok links dont work, taking a screen shot of it blows the image out of proportion but i guess you must get the point!

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
Your stone with fluorescence looks amazing in the sun. I saw a GOG video and took a snapshot of what I'm afraid of.

screen_shot_2016-03-26_at_12.png

It looks grey and dull compared to yours.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I see your concern in that GOG screenshot. It's like the diamond on the right went dead and stopped "dancing".

If you go for the smaller diamond, you are looking at about a 5+% increase in size. Guess what? When I traded in a 1.2 ct for 1.5 ct, I actually had a 5% increase in size as well. I went for the trade in despite PSers advising me to hold out and save more for a bigger increase (like 1.75 ct). I was not disappointed because I found the 5% increase in mm to be visibly bigger to me.

One thing you could do Is have WF send you an ACA to evaluate next to an IDJ candidate stone, if it fits in your timeline.
However, since IDJ seems to have the easiest trade in policy, I would truly consider pulling the trigger on one of the candidate stones, putting it in a cheaper solitaire setting, and living with the diamond for, let's say, a year. If you find that you are color sensitive, despite having a GIA XXX, save to trade in for a "whiter" color grade. I don't believe in a forever ring or diamond. Life happens :lol: .

I actually have one "I" diamond that is with IDJ - a small pear, but you can't compare pears with rounds (oranges?) :lol: :loopy: they are re-doong the setting it for a pendant.

I do own quite a number of IDJ pieces. These are the ones I dug up on the fly. I forgot to add my recent milgrain pendant (round) to the group photo.
1. 0.78 H in setting with melee/side stones
2. 3-stone bezel dbty dangle earrings F/G melee
3. 5-stone U-prong F/G melee
4. I took off only one of my IDJ milgrain studs (next to sapphire band) - F/G melee maybe about close to 0.4 ct each? I feel like it was 0.78 ctw
5. Bezel sapphire baguette round diamond band
6. Cognac diamond in halo pendant
7. Gabriel and Co Yg WG ring

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some IDJ bling

_2611.jpeg

_2612.jpeg

_2613.jpeg

_2614.jpeg

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I chatted with Yekutiel online about IDJ tennis bracelets in general and found out the following information in case anyone is interested
1. custom length bracelets cannot be returned
2. upgrade policy only applies to the diamonds and not the metal. Trade-in value would be the cost of the stones only
3. upgrade only applies if the "standard" color clarity stones (F/G SI1-2) are used.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CareBear|1459183537|4012046 said:
I chatted with Yekutiel online about IDJ tennis bracelets in general and found out the following information in case anyone is interested
1. custom length bracelets cannot be returned
2. upgrade policy only applies to the diamonds and not the metal. Trade-in value would be the cost of the stones only
3. upgrade only applies if the "standard" color clarity stones (F/G SI1-2) are used.
Thanks carebear - good to know!

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
PintoBea love your 5 stone, how many points are they? Modeling shots?:) And also love your baguette and round band, is it a Gabriel&co one or the non branded one? Modeling shots!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cchloe|1459188173|4012080 said:
PintoBea love your 5 stone, how many points are they? Modeling shots?:) And also love your baguette and round band, is it a Gabriel&co one or the non branded one? Modeling shots!!
The paperwork for the 5 stone is probably in our fire safe, and only DH knows where the key is :lol: . I bought that maybe around 2010, and my memory is failing me - I think it's about 1.35 = 27 pointers?

As for the baguette round band, I went with the IDJ version instead of the Gabriel and Co. Let me see if I can dig up some pic. Here's the 5 stone stacked with my 2.59 pinky brown diamond:
image_543.jpg
image_544.jpg
Here is the baguette/round band stacked with my JA marquise round band
image_4084.jpg

Another 5 stone shot
img_0641.jpg

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
Love them all, how long did it take you to build your collection? I also love the fact that your diamond is set in rose gold, I was considering doing it myself. What are the stats on it?

BTW I pulled the trigger today on the 2.6. The price was just too good to pass up. I felt like if I got the smaller stone I would always be like, man I could be staring at a 2.6 right now instead of a 2.2. And I got to use the leftover $ for the setting, an eternity ring and studs. Now I have to wait...

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1459189577|4012096 said:
As for the baguette round band, I went with the IDJ version instead of the Gabriel and Co. Let me see if I can dig up some pic. Here's the 5 stone stacked with my 2.59 pinky brown diamond:
PintoBean, tell us more about that pink brown diamond!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
cchloe|1459219666|4012372 said:
Love them all, how long did it take you to build your collection? I also love the fact that your diamond is set in rose gold, I was considering doing it myself. What are the stats on it?

BTW I pulled the trigger today on the 2.6. The price was just too good to pass up. I felt like if I got the smaller stone I would always be like, man I could be staring at a 2.6 right now instead of a 2.2. And I got to use the leftover $ for the setting, an eternity ring and studs. Now I have to wait...
cchloe, YAY! I'm so glad you went with the 2.6. Will this new stone be set in the U113? Wow, you had money left over from your initial budget for an eternity ring AND studs?! So with one trade-in you ended up with a whole "collection" ;)) I can't wait to see the finished pieces!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cchloe|1459219666|4012372 said:

YASSS girlfriend, YASSSS!! :wavey:
YOU, cchloe, are a girl after my own heart! You get an iceberg of a diamond, and take the savings and get a SUITE of jewelry! :appl: :lol:

I have been building my collection since 2010 :errrr: It scares me that I've amassed this much jewelry (that i don't wear :nono: ). There is a few more pieces outside of the IDJ bunch I gathered for your pics.

As for the diamond in the rose gold band - that is "choco-berry finn!" If you have 20 minutes of your life to spare, this is a VERY cool video made by Good Old Gold when they got the pinky-brown diamonds in!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79NRRNbXLDE

Here are the stats on choco-berry finn! [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/choco-berry-finn-2-59-cts-of-brownish-pink-fun.191058/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/choco-berry-finn-2-59-cts-of-brownish-pink-fun.191058/[/URL]

IDJ jewelry is like potato chips - you can't have just one!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A little update - Yekutiel had the pear pendant re-made with the rhodium on the inside, and he said it didn't make a difference. He doesn't think I'll be happy with it, and he wants to keep me happy so that I keep coming back :lol: . BYe bye pear pendant :wavey: The amount goes towards my bracelet now...

So... my eyes basically fell out of my head when I saw what cchloe was able to get for her budget - the 2.6 I. We did a cursory search and there's really nothing out there right now that is that size, an I, and in that price range. I don't want to call in a diamond from India and be stuck with it - I want something in NY that Yekutiel can inspect himself on the fly.

Also, why add another round to the collection? I've got the 0.78, 1.5, and 2.59 choco-berry finn. Mom says her 1.7 and 2.1 will be mine one day. So does it make sense to get another 2+ round? Nope...I also have "frozen piss" - my 1.51 yellow cushion

So why not add another fancy to the family? I've always wanted an EC set east west like these leons:
r6452 https://leonmege.com/portfolio/custom-work/three-stone/east-west-emerald-cut-platinum-three-stone-ring-detail
r6315 https://leonmege.com/portfolio/custom-work/three-stone/east-west-emerald-cut-three-stone-detail

Yekutiel confirmed there are plenty of EC's floating around NY :lol: He happened to pull one for a friend to look yesterday, Yekutiel says his wife is :love: loving it :lol:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4.02 K VVS2 with VS fluor. My concern is the belly band it has. It goes dark but as you can see it also goes bright. If it stayed dark I'd panic. I've started a new thread with images for feedback. I have to think about this. How much of a size whore am I? Lololol how much do I compromise for size?

_2664.jpeg

_2665.jpeg

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy crap Pinto Bean! I saw your RT thread and was curious about the stats. Beautiful! That'll be a honker if you end up with her! It does look pretty and I'm sure one of the experts will chime in soon on your other thread about the images! I'm jelly :) I totally agree about IDJ being like potato chips....I'm really trying to stay away bc I really, really, REALLY would like to do an upgrade like cchloe but have to butter DH into it first...can't wait to see what you end up with!! :appl:

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
Omg are you kidding me that emerald is just crazy. What size rb is it next to for comparison? And it can't possibly be at the same price point as the 2.6 I though... Right?

And yes I'm getting all that under my budget lol, the 2.6 will be set in the u113. Yekutiel was like, it's like Christmas morning for you lol.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahaha acano117 - buttering up DH! :lol:
I basically said to DH, listen, I would like to get this EC. It's more money than I planned on spending, and it's my own money...I just want your blessing bc I respect your opinion. He just looked at me and said you're gonna do what you want to do :???: :lol: :lol: :lol: so I said just say you're ok with this then and he did :praise: :bigsmile: .

CChloe, the emerald is more money than the 2.6 I. ;( :errrr: :nono:
As for the round brilliant, THAT, my dear, is YOUR round brilliant! I wouldn't consider the emerald cut unless it was at least the same size as the 2.6, and not significantly more yellow than your diamond. I wasn't sure how a K is in an EC. My K round brilliant faces up white, and Your I is WHIte. I puffy heart :love: your diamond! As you can see, it's pretty comparable in size to the 4.02 EC :-o :lol: :lol: :lol: "Yekutiel! Show me the EC next to cchloe's 2.6!" Since I've seen your diamond, it's my only point of reference until they send it to you :appl: .

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow, I hadn't seen it in this lighting/perspective. Looking good:) I'm having a little less anxiety on the whole thing, but I'll know for sure when I see it I guess. Still nervous about the whole thing!

The emerald looks amazing though, what does it measure? Maybe the belt wouldn't be noticeable if set the standard way?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cchloe|1459301081|4012888 said:
Oh wow, I hadn't seen it in this lighting/perspective. Looking good:) I'm having a little less anxiety on the whole thing, but I'll know for sure when I see it I guess. Still nervous about the whole thing!

The emerald looks amazing though, what does it measure? Maybe the belt wouldn't be noticeable if set the standard way?
I'm glad you are getting less anxious! :appl:
As for the EC's measurements:

Measurements
10.18 x 7.80 x 5.42 mm
Carat Weight
4.02 carat
Color Grade
K
Clarity Grade
VVS2

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
PintoBean!! I'm so in love with your 3 prong tennis bracelet - have you decided and received it yet?? That is my next item I am very eager to own. I have my iPad loaded with 4 pages (always there, all the time!) on the IDJ bracelets that I like!! This is a perfect thread for me to drool over!

Sadly the Canadian dollar is not 'playing nice' yet w the exchange rate, but once things pick up ---- I'm all over a tennis bracelet from IDJ. The 3 prong was in the 4cttw and the 4 prong was a 5cttw - is that correct? They both looked wonderful on you! (and loving the snazzy fit bit band you have! COOL!)

I agree w you - the service and quality is wonderful and spending time with Yekutiel and the gang, is always time well spent!

So ---- when do you get your bracelet and lets see a ton more pics!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1459303584|4012925 said:
PintoBean!! I'm so in love with your 3 prong tennis bracelet - have you decided and received it yet?? That is my next item I am very eager to own. I have my iPad loaded with 4 pages (always there, all the time!) on the IDJ bracelets that I like!! This is a perfect thread for me to drool over!

Sadly the Canadian dollar is not 'playing nice' yet w the exchange rate, but once things pick up ---- I'm all over a tennis bracelet from IDJ. The 3 prong was in the 4cttw and the 4 prong was a 5cttw - is that correct? They both looked wonderful on you! (and loving the snazzy fit bit band you have! COOL!)

I agree w you - the service and quality is wonderful and spending time with Yekutiel and the gang, is always time well spent!

So ---- when do you get your bracelet and lets see a ton more pics!
Enerchi!!! :wavey:
I am definitely going with the 3 prong and 10 pointers. Poor Yekutiel was out of office last week - kids got him sick, so he was playing catch up with his own to do list, so he has to get the update from his dad. From what I recall, they did not have any 3 prong settings for 10 pointers when I went to visit, so it has to be made. And I have been working With Yekutiel to find a new stone to take advantage of the lower current diamond prices. I just hope the bracelet and new ring all finish together around the same time. Yesterday isn't soon enough :lol:

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
I love these mystery stones they have that aren't listed. Did he tell you about any others? Are you interested in any other shapes?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cchloe said:
I love these mystery stones they have that aren't listed. Did he tell you about any others? Are you interested in any other shapes?
:lol: :lol: :lol: they aren't really mystery stones because you can find them even using the PS diamond search engine. As long as the stone is in NY, IDJ can have it run over to them to check out.

I like shapes that give you more length and width for the carat weight. Princess and asschers and cushions are more bottom heavy, so they wouldn't get me to the visual presence I'd want. I already have a cushion, anyways. Marquise remind me of an eye, and ovals are like eggs to me. I won't get a pear larger than my MIL's bc I :love: my MIL and her e-ring is a pear that she proudly added a halo to recently. I never want her to feel like I'm stealing her thunder, even though the way she loves me, she'd just want me to wear whatever I got in good health.

Yekutiel probably will not tell me about other stones unless it's something he thinks I would :love: . He's met my mother once :lol: . I'm a watered down version of her. We are do it In one shot kinda gals. He knows that when I say "yes - go ahead", I mean it. Anything other than a yes, any hesitation, "maybe..." from me will not work out. In my personal life, Everyone around me studies my face :lol: apparently I don't look pleased too often so when I AM delighted, it is quite obvious! I remember when I worked in NYC, I'd literally have 20 mins tops to pick out something. I'd call and say, for example, 5-stone shopping time, see you at lunch. I remember this clearly, Yekutiel had to take a phone call. He silently slid ring #1 on my finger... Maybe. Ring #2 maybe.... Ring #3 u-prong, and my whole body language changed :lol: . Please size it, I will be back in a couple days at lunch. :lol:

Q

Queenie60

Pinto - you're so funny. :lol: :lol: Wish I could be so free and easy! I like your style. :wavey:

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
That is hilarious. It's funny how I find a lot of messages on Pricescope to come off as pretty cold sometimes.. even rude and snappy (responding to clueless newbies get annoying apparently?). You're the total opposite, your humour is so animated and refreshing.

I'm so curious to know the price of the emerald. And to know what other huge rocks they have for you!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results