Votes: 3 50.0%
  • BN Petite Cathedral Pave

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SarasaFiore

Rough_Rock
Hello all! Long time lurker, first time poster. :wavey:

I've searched on the forums for this but nothing came up. However, if there is already a topic on this, please redirect me.

I am trying to decide between the WF 'Legato Sleek Line Pave' http://www.whiteflash.com/engagemen...eek-line-pave-diamond-engagement-ring-422.htm

legato_sleek_line_pave.jpg

or the BGD 'Classic Truth Sleek Micro Pave' http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/e...de-stones/classic-truth-sleek-micro-pave-5542 settings.

bg_classic_truth_sleek_micropave.png

I am a huge fan of the tapered setting, which is why I'm trying to choose between these two. I've seen again and again on PS that these settings are very similar, but the BGD is almost $300 more in price.

If anyone has photos of either of these settings (NOT from the website), please also redirect me to those.

My question is, which one is "better"? I prefer a higher set diamond than a low set diamond, I'm also not really a fan of the doughnut that sticks out of the settings (but I'm willing to overlook that as long as it doesn't jut out too much).

Are the diamonds safer in a setting like the BGD/WF as opposed to a setting such as this one from BN? http://www.bluenile.com/build-your-...ng-18k-white-gold_9937?elem=img&track=product

setting_template_main_6.jpg

And lastly, I saw somewhere that one of those two settings has a problem with a wedding band sitting flush next to it. I do NOT want a curved wedding band, so if one setting is better in this perspective, please let me know!

I would appreciate any help on this; my engagement ring is currently at the shop and I've been told that the setting might not make it... :(( Thank you!

(All photos are either taken from PS or the website of the jewelry company, respectively.)

Q

Queenie60

Re: WF Legato SleekLine Pave OR BGD ClassicTruth Sleek Micro

Hi - you could always go with a custom ring so that you can get each detail the way you prefer. Just a thought?

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium

They look very similar to me, and both are very pretty! The WF one at least has a matching wedding band if you are worrying about finding something suitable.

Where are you buying the diamond? Will that have any bearing on which one you pick?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Snowdrop13|1458578967|4008942 said:
They look very similar to me, and both are very pretty! The WF one at least has a matching wedding band if you are worrying about finding something suitable.

Where are you buying the diamond? Will that have any bearing on which one you pick?
That's an important consideration - where you are buying the diamond from. I would try to get the diamond and setting together and make it a one stop shop.

SarasaFiore

Rough_Rock

Queenie60|1458576536|4008931 said:
Hi - you could always go with a custom ring so that you can get each detail the way you prefer. Just a thought?

Hello! I've thought about that, but it seems too pricey and too much of a hassle for me... I would much rather purchase the setting that's already made by the company. Thanks for the idea though!

SarasaFiore

Rough_Rock

SarasaFiore

Rough_Rock

PintoBean|1458579352|4008946 said:

That's an important consideration - where you are buying the diamond from. I would try to get the diamond and setting together and make it a one stop shop.

I do already have an engagement ring. I purchased the diamond from BGD, but because the WF setting is about $300 cheaper, I have been debating which one to go with... I'm sure they'll both charge roughly $200-$300 for the labor itself to reset the stone so if the WF and the BGD settings are SO similar that it doesn't make sense to buy it for $300 more, then I'd definitely go with WF. Just trying to find the best, cheapest possible way to do this. :confused:

SarasaFiore

Rough_Rock

Oh, sorry. I also forgot to mention: I'm not looking for a matching band with my engagement ring. I want them to be sort of different.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

SarasaFiore said:

I do already have an engagement ring. I purchased the diamond from BGD, but because the WF setting is about $300 cheaper, I have been debating which one to go with... I'm sure they'll both charge roughly $200-$300 for the labor itself to reset the stone so if the WF and the BGD settings are SO similar that it doesn't make sense to buy it for $300 more, then I'd definitely go with WF. Just trying to find the best, cheapest possible way to do this. :confused:

Have you talked to BGD about the setting price differences, and checked with them if there is a repeat customer incentive they can apply to the price?

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

SarasaFiore|1458581710|4008960 said:

I couldn't find any with pave, sorry :cry:

I'm only bringing this up since you also referenced a Blue Nile ring, but they also make a very similar setting to the WF and BGD ones... http://www.bluenile.com/build-your-own-ring/cathedral-pave-diamond-ring-platinum_30611?action=PlatinumSelect&track=alternate-metalsCustomizer

Coincidentally, I have this BN version and can say that it's nicer than it looks in their stock photo (which is taken at such a weird angle). Take a look at the recently purchased videos. I know I'm biased (and my engagement ring was purchased before we discovered PS), but I actually prefer the BN setting over the WF version because the pave diamonds go up further on the BN version (if that makes sense and is just my opinion!). The WF version has more metal at the tapered part that I personally don't love. The BGD seems more like the BN version, but since I've never seen any real photos, I couldn't say for sure.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Looks like I was posting as you were! If you already got your diamond from BGD, I would agree with PintoBean and make it a one stop shop by buying the setting from them, as well. I happen to prefer it over the WF version for the reasons I specified in my previous post. :)

SarasaFiore

Rough_Rock

PintoBean|1458582260|4008967 said:
SarasaFiore said:

Have you talked to BGD about the setting price differences, and checked with them if there is a repeat customer incentive they can apply to the price?

I'm emailing with one of their customer service representatives currently, but I haven't gotten a response back yet. What are the chances that they will give me a discount for being a repeat customer?? :confused:

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock

I voted for the WF Legato Sleekline. I love the design of the taper. I feel that the metal next to the stone makes the stone pop a bit more. It's so tough when these decisions come down to the nitty gritty. I hope you are finding it somewhat easier to decide. 8)

Oh, actually, your stone is from BGD as I see now. It probably is best to go with them. I'm not sure at the end of the day if the details will matter all that much and if the transaction will be that much easier.... That is worth a lot, too!

SarasaFiore

Rough_Rock

acano117|1458583078|4008975 said:
Looks like I was posting as you were! If you already got your diamond from BGD, I would agree with PintoBean and make it a one stop shop by buying the setting from them, as well. I happen to prefer it over the WF version for the reasons I specified in my previous post. :)

Ahh, I can't really tell the difference, which is why I was hoping someone out there who has seen both settings could provide me with some insight. Haha. I tried clicking on the link you posted, but it brings me to the front of the BN web page. I suppose it's not available where I'm at?

I am worried about the wedding band not sitting flush with the engagement ring, which is also something that I had hoped someone could clear up for me.

mouse.jpg

Sorry for the crude edit, but see how the Truth head sticks out a little bit? I'm wondering if it'll force me to have to look at curved wedding bands. :((

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I see a march madness discount on the BGD home page, and there is a repeat customer discount that varies based on how much you are spending. Give them a chance - who knows, you may be pleasantly surprised.

I would also ask them about the head. WOrst case scenario, if it does stick out, you could always add a thin spacer 1-1.5mm in between your e-ring and w-band.

SarasaFiore

Rough_Rock

SparklySoprano|1458583258|4008978 said:
I voted for the WF Legato Sleekline. I love the design of the taper. I feel that the metal next to the stone makes the stone pop a bit more. It's so tough when these decisions come down to the nitty gritty. I hope you are finding it somewhat easier to decide. 8)

Oh, actually, your stone is from BGD as I see now. It probably is best to go with them. I'm not sure at the end of the day if the details will matter all that much and if the transaction will be that much easier.... That is worth a lot, too!

Haha your reply definitely doesn't help me in choosing one, but thank you!

Yes, my stone is from BGD, but the WF setting is also $300 cheaper which in the end, can go towards the actual re-setting of my stone. But I've also heard from someone else that the WF setting made it harder for her to choose a wedding band that she liked because the head was set lower... :errrr:

SarasaFiore

Rough_Rock

PintoBean|1458583720|4008983 said:
I see a march madness discount on the BGD home page, and there is a repeat customer discount that varies based on how much you are spending. Give them a chance - who knows, you may be pleasantly surprised.

I would also ask them about the head. WOrst case scenario, if it does stick out, you could always add a thin spacer 1-1.5mm in between your e-ring and w-band.

Ahh, dumb ol' me always skips over the homepage and straight to the settings where I want to be. Lol! :doh: Thank you!!!
I don't want to keep sending BGD emails. Thank you so much for the advice! :D

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

SarasaFiore|1458583609|4008981 said:
acano117|1458583078|4008975 said:

Ahh, I can't really tell the difference, which is why I was hoping someone out there who has seen both settings could provide me with some insight. Haha. I tried clicking on the link you posted, but it brings me to the front of the BN web page. I suppose it's not available where I'm at?

I am worried about the wedding band not sitting flush with the engagement ring, which is also something that I had hoped someone could clear up for me.

mouse.jpg

Sorry for the crude edit, but see how the Truth head sticks out a little bit? I'm wondering if it'll force me to have to look at curved wedding bands. :((

Try holding down the CTRL (Control) button while clicking on the BN link...should work.

Since you're already contacting BGD, maybe you could also ask them about how a wedding band would sit with that setting?

SarasaFiore

Rough_Rock

Try holding down the CTRL (Control) button while clicking on the BN link...should work.

Since you're already contacting BGD, maybe you could also ask them about how a wedding band would sit with that setting?

Ahh, got it. Thank you. :) Yess, I will be asking them a ton of questions! Lol.

Oooh, I'm looking at the 'Previously Purchased' and they look so gorgeous! And I do love that it doesn't have the doughnut that sticks out on both the WF & the BGD settings...

Would you be willing to post a side profile view of your ring? I would love to see it on someone's hand, to give me a more realistic perspective. If not, that's okay too. I am now struggling between the BGD and the BN one. Haha!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

SarasaFiore|1458584042|4008986 said:

Ahh, dumb ol' me always skips over the homepage and straight to the settings where I want to be. Lol! :doh: Thank you!!!
Call or use the chat function, and keep asking questions - you want to make an informed decision, so this is your opportunity to gather all the info you need to make the right choice for you.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

SarasaFiore|1458585255|4009002 said:

Ahh, got it. Thank you. :) Yess, I will be asking them a ton of questions! Lol.

Oooh, I'm looking at the 'Previously Purchased' and they look so gorgeous! And I do love that it doesn't have the doughnut that sticks out on both the WF & the BGD settings...

Would you be willing to post a side profile view of your ring? I would love to see it on someone's hand, to give me a more realistic perspective. If not, that's okay too. I am now struggling between the BGD and the BN one. Haha!

I don't mind at all! In the meantime, I have a bunch of pictures in this thread of my ER and a new wedding band so you will see how they sit together, as well. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/idj-9-stone-shared-prong-wedding-band.216627/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/idj-9-stone-shared-prong-wedding-band.216627/[/URL]

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here's a quick shot while at work!

er.jpg

SarasaFiore

Rough_Rock

acano117|1458587285|4009025 said:

OH MY, your rings are absolutely stunning!!! :love: And you have the wedding band that I was looking to purchase!!

Does your new wedding band cut into your engagement ring at all? I am kind of terrified of that happening to my ring.

Thank you for the photos!! :D

SarasaFiore

Rough_Rock

PintoBean|1458585933|4009016 said:
SarasaFiore|1458584042|4008986 said:

Call or use the chat function, and keep asking questions - you want to make an informed decision, so this is your opportunity to gather all the info you need to make the right choice for you.

Will do, thank you so much!! :D

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

SarasaFiore|1458589410|4009044 said:
acano117|1458587285|4009025 said:

OH MY, your rings are absolutely stunning!!! :love: And you have the wedding band that I was looking to purchase!!

Does your new wedding band cut into your engagement ring at all? I am kind of terrified of that happening to my ring.

Thank you for the photos!! :D

Thank you and happy to help! :) like you, I wanted the mis-matched look! My previous u-prong band was eating into my ER prongs so they have small indentations now. That was one of the reasons I had IDJ made me a new, low-set, shared prong band that I wear now. I also usually wear a super thin spacer that is barely noticeable but gives a bit more protection to both rings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results