shape
carat
color
clarity

UNUSUAL WEDDING GOWNS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 1:50:43 PM
Author: Gypsy

I''m gonna have to say, I understand the chide and the warning T-Gal, but I think it can be done in a fun and lighthearted way, and honestly there are some people who find the ugly ring thread offensive. Folks just have to be a little careful to post things that are obviously bad, and not just things that don''t suit personal taste.
The ugly ring thread doesn''t have people attached to it.
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 2:31:24 PM
Author: TravelingGal

I'm gonna have to say, I understand the chide and the warning T-Gal, but I think it can be done in a fun and lighthearted way, and honestly there are some people who find the ugly ring thread offensive. Folks just have to be a little careful to post things that are obviously bad, and not just things that don't suit personal taste.
The ugly ring thread doesn't have people attached to it.
2.gif
That is a distinction, but I think we're agree to disagree cause it's not one that is convincing for me. If we posted pics of these dresses on maniquinns or hangers, would that make it okay? What about the ones on models (who are living maniquins or hangers).
2.gif

tessari

Shiny_Rock
I love how the groom is looking right at her chest in that one...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s one that would make every cat I know happy for years!

CatsDreamWeddingGYP.jpg

StarbuttsKoffee

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 2:33:08 PM

I'm gonna have to say, I understand the chide and the warning T-Gal, but I think it can be done in a fun and lighthearted way, and honestly there are some people who find the ugly ring thread offensive. Folks just have to be a little careful to post things that are obviously bad, and not just things that don't suit personal taste.
The ugly ring thread doesn't have people attached to it.
2.gif
That is a distinction, but I think we're agree to disagree cause it's not one that is convincing for me. If we posted pics of these dresses on maniquinns or hangers, would that make it okay? What about the ones on models (who are living maniquins or hangers).
2.gif
Will it be better if the name of the thread modify the word "ugly" to some other nicer word?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 2:35:07 PM
Author: tessari
I love how the groom is looking right at her chest in that one...
At least, we hope that''s the groom. Although even if it isn''t... can you blame him?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/15/2008 2:37:47 PM
Ok now I just sprayed my computer screen with soda!
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 2:40:57 PM
Author: Lorelei

Ok now I just sprayed my computer screen with soda!
9.gif
9.gif

Can you imagine the weight of it? *Shudder*

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I can''t tell if it would be really itchy or really soft...maybe a cashmere-like yarn wedding dress would be nice. Hahahaha!!! Does cashmere come from yarn?!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 2:33:08 PM

I''m gonna have to say, I understand the chide and the warning T-Gal, but I think it can be done in a fun and lighthearted way, and honestly there are some people who find the ugly ring thread offensive. Folks just have to be a little careful to post things that are obviously bad, and not just things that don''t suit personal taste.
2.gif
That is a distinction, but I think we''re agree to disagree cause it''s not one that is convincing for me. If we posted pics of these dresses on maniquinns or hangers, would that make it okay? What about the ones on models (who are living maniquins or hangers).
2.gif
Yup, that''s where I make the distinction Gypsy. On a mannequin or hanger, no one has obviously chosen the dress yet. On a real person, the choice has been made. So yes, for me, it would be okay.

Like the first pic the OP posted. You''re (and when I say "you" I mean generally "people") not just mocking the dress. You''re mocking her boobs in that dress. You''re mocking her style, etc.

Now, I agree that it''s over the top. But it doesn''t negate for me that we''re still amused by the PERSON and their choice of attire than just the dress alone.

Anyhoo, everyone is entitled to their opinions, and on threads like this, I post mine. No biggie.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 2:43:35 PM
Author: sunnyd

Here's one that would make every cat I know happy for years!
I can't tell if it would be really itchy or really soft...maybe a cashmere-like yarn wedding dress would be nice. Hahahaha!!! Does cashmere come from yarn?!
I think the sign on the wall in the back says Origins, so I'm guessing natural, and probably not all that soft.

ETA: TGal, what'd you think of the Hello Kitty getup then?!?
31.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now see...crazy dress on a mannequin. That''s funny! (Although I admit, I''d love to see that on a PERSON!)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 2:46:32 PM
Author: meresal

Date: 8/15/2008 2:43:35 PM
Author: sunnyd

I can''t tell if it would be really itchy or really soft...maybe a cashmere-like yarn wedding dress would be nice. Hahahaha!!! Does cashmere come from yarn?!
I think the sign on the wall in the back says Origins, so I''m guessing natural, and probably not all that soft.

ETA: TGal, what''d you think of the Hello Kitty getup then?!?
31.gif
Some people really love hello kitty. *shrug*

9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
T-gal. I can see your point, and am always happy to exchange view points. Not arguing with you because I don''t think you have a valid point, you do. It''s just not one I''m sharing at the moment. And I know I can debate things with you, without your taking offense, so it''s safe. KWIM?

ICK... RAW yarn dress. Like Jute. Glad you all are appreicating that find. I''m just wondering what the designer was thinking?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 2:53:43 PM
T-gal. I can see your point, and am always happy to exchange view points. Not arguing with you because I don''t think you have a valid point, you do. It''s just not one I''m sharing at the moment. And I know I can debate things with you, without your taking offense, so it''s safe. KWIM?

ICK... RAW yarn dress. Like Jute. Glad you all are appreicating that find. I''m just wondering what the designer was thinking?
Are you kidding? I take offense to everything! I am very sen-sah-teef!
41.gif

I raaaally don''t expect everyone else in the world to share my viewpoint, but derned it, I try and make em!
11.gif

And I get your point too. Because it would be tough to argue that every single dress posted here so far isn''t over the top.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Just remember, if you wear the yarn dress at an outdoor wedding and it rains, you might end up with boobage dress
9.gif

Neveah

Shiny_Rock
A little risque, no?

Not quite comparable with the OP, but.... yikes

risque.jpg

Neveah

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think this one is hideous..... but I''m not quite sure how you would walk in something like this..... might be more of a "shuffle"??? It would be like walking with your knees tied together.

potato.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Neavah, the first dress you posted... while not as bad and the cleavage brides on the previous page is still definitely a PROBLEM! Hello cleavage. And that model is a stick. Can you imagine anyone 'normal' in that thing. Yikes. It's not ugly though... just has a lot of potential for problems.

As for the trumpet. I wonder how anyone walks in those... and yet many of the PS brides do and in heels too!! And quite elegantly. Which is not something that I could manage, certainly... but still, I have seen others work it quite well. I don't think that dress is ugly at all though, as you mentioned. Just logistically challenging for someone who is graceless like myself.
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

2.gif
I agree with this!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 7:09:16 PM
Author: Skippy123

2.gif
I agree with this!
Me too, oh my that would be terrible!!!
6.gif
So ditto.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!

sluttybrideeek.jpg

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
don''t get me wrong, i generally LOVE yves st. laurent, but I don''t know what he was thinking with this one (RIP YSL!). FRom what i read, it was inspired by a Russian babushka doll, but it looks more like a penis to me!

stravinsky_cropped.jpg

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 7:30:43 PM
Author: doodle
don''t get me wrong, i generally LOVE yves st. laurent, but I don''t know what he was thinking with this one (RIP YSL!). FRom what i read, it was inspired by a Russian babushka doll, but it looks more like a penis to me!

wow, now that is an unusual dress (is it even really a dress???)

where in the world did you find it?

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HAHAHAHAHAH Doodle you always crack me up

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
don't get me wrong, i generally LOVE yves st. laurent, but I don't know what he was thinking with this one (RIP YSL!). FRom what i read, it was inspired by a Russian babushka doll, but it looks more like a penis to me!
Ha...if I were the groom, I'd wonder if I was going to get 7 other brides of varying sizes....

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/15/2008 8:18:53 PM

Ha...if I were the groom, I''d wonder if I was going to get 7 other brides of varying sizes....

A penis was the second thing that popped into my head. The first.....a tampon!

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Doodle--!! I needed a good laugh!!
36.gif

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock

HA HA! You know, When I read the sign by it that says "Please Do Not Touch," the first thought in my head was; "Who would F%$%ing WANT to?" Ha ha ha! That thing is horrible. It looks like it''s made of spaghetti!
9.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Although these gowns are pretty priceless, I''m gonna have to validate T-Gal''s comment in hoping that MY gown doesn''t turn up on this thread.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results