shape
carat
color
clarity

UNUSUAL WEDDING GOWNS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I know there is an unusual ring thread, so I thought it would be fun to have an unique gown thread too (I did not see one already created, so I apologize if its there and I missed it). I thought this would be especially fun after my friend in the UK sent me the dress below. can't wait to see what else is out there that people actually choose to wear to their wedding :)

yikes2.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh MY GAWD. That''s just... there are no words. I cannot imagine what I''d do if I were a guest at that wedding. Fake a migraine and leave?

I actually thought about starting one of these threads, I was looking at some super high-end designer''s dress website and was like... what were they thinking?

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, don''t know what to say. This couldn''t possibly be for real, could it?

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
YIKES!! ... i feel like there should be a caption under that photo reading, "when strippers say ''i do''..."

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
...no words...

23.gif

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
my friend in the UK sends me some great photos. This one is from Essex, England. The bride is bad, but her guests or bridesmaids, not sure who they are, but they are even worse.

another brit.JPG

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
That first one HAS to be photoshopped, right? It can''t be real!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
and the Essex bridesmaids...

essex.JPG

Neveah

Shiny_Rock
WOWZA!!! That''s awesome! Ha!!

I have been tempted to start a thread like this also..... but I would be so worried that I would add a dress that someone on PS has. I guess some are obvious (so out there!!!) But I am not a fan of pickups or color on wedding dresses (theres a dress, not sure who makes it but it has red on it... makes me shudder every time I see it)

So.... will add something "safe" that I hope no one would dare wear!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 1:09:15 PM
Author: rockzilla
That first one HAS to be photoshopped, right? It can''t be real!

i would not be suprised if it is real. When I lived in the UK, I saw a lot of "mutton dressed as lamb" and woman wearing very dis-tasteful ensembles.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 1:09:22 PM
Author: mintve
likeit.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Ok, these are bad... but one of them is even wearing WHITE!!! LOL!!!
38.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 1:14:15 PM
Author: meresal

Ok, these are bad... but one of them is even wearing WHITE!!! LOL!!!
38.gif
I''m wondering, is it considered a white dress if there is that much flesh showing? I mean... maybe that was her reasoning (assuming there was any reasoning).

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
That photo is floating around the internet, attached to a wedding "invitation." I bet it''s fake.

image001[1].JPG

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I passed by this shop in SF the other day:

http://www.mywedding.com/salonstudio2000/custom.html

The pictures don''t really express how ridiculous/over the top hideous some of these dresses were! A few are below...

PS One of the things you CAN''T tell from the photos is how cheap-looking they were. Imagine them all in cheap polyester...

salon2000dresses.JPG

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a very similar photo...

image002[1].JPG

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 1:16:21 PM
Author: marchswallowbird
That photo is floating around the internet, attached to a wedding ''invitation.'' I bet it''s fake.

I''ve seen that invite too. My mom sent it and said "what happens when the groom''s mom writes the invite" ;-)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the one that had me scratching my head. Elizabeth Filllmore Bridal (who actually has some lovely gown... just not this one). It can be yours for only... I''m guessing 5-15K.
31.gif

ElizabethFgown.JPG

meresal

Ideal_Rock
For all the Hello Kitty girls out there... not that it's ugly, just not what I envisioned for my wedding. If it were a pale yellow, without the hello kitty stuff, I think it would be a perfect dress for "Belle" at Disney.

hello kitty dress.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 1:28:30 PM
Author: meresal
For all the Hello Kitty girls out there... not that it''s ugly, just not what I envisioned for my wedding
I''m gonna have to disagree with that. I really am.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I am having fun now. I am sure we have all see this one at some point.

preggers.jpg

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
and seriously, this is a "designer gown", for you???

really a designer.jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy: You are very, very right...
15.gif
LOL

Mintive: I saw the pregnant belly one in an email about PROM pictures!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 12:34:00 PM
Author:mintve
I know there is an ugly ring thread, so I thought it would be fun to have an ugle gown thread too (I did not see one already created, so I apologize if its there and I missed it). I thought this would be especially fun after my friend in the UK sent me the dress below. can''t wait to see what else is out there that people actually choose to wear to their wedding :)
There have been a few threads on this, all of them in poor taste IMHO. Most didn''t really take off...perhaps because posting photos of people on their wedding day and then mocking their choice of dresses (albeit some of them are kind of "huh?"
23.gif
) isn''t the nicest thing to do.

Remember that your "lovely" could be someone else''s "ugly."

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm gonna have to say, I understand the chide and the warning T-Gal, but I think it can be done in a fun and lighthearted way, and honestly there are some people who find the ugly ring thread offensive. Folks just have to be a little careful to post things that are obviously bad, and not just things that don't suit personal taste.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I agree with TG in concept, but I still gotta say that the Boobage Girl couldn''t possibly be anyone''s idea of "lovely"
32.gif

Can you imagine being the father of the bride
26.gif

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, i don''t think anyone wants to offend, but we must admit there are some dreses out there that are very unusual.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anyone remember this one, where the no one could stand next to the bride without stepping on her dress because her train and skirt were just HUGE? This one was real, and not too long ago!

UGgownGYP.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results