shape
carat
color
clarity

Unique wedding ring suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

junecricket

Rough_Rock
This is my first ever pricescope post...although I''ve been reading the forums for a few months now. I''m just getting into the swing of planning for my wedding -- June 1st -- and need some advice on wedding rings. I''ll post a pic of my engagement ring soon (its white gold, with a princess cut diamond flanked by trillion cut sapphires).

I''m 23, a very casual dresser, and what you might call "outdoorsy." I also spend a lot of time outside doing field work for my job. I''ve tried on and loved a wedding band with channel set princess cut diamonds, but I''m not sure that its quite my style. I loved the sparklies, but the setting felt really formal. More importantly, I don''t want to be worried about keeping my wedding band clean and protected while camping, hiking, etc. Besides the practical considerations, a blinged out channel set ring is just going to look ridiculous on me after days of not showering and peeing in the woods.

The other obvious choice is to settle for a traditional plain band in white gold. While I don''t have anything against this look, I''d rather have somthing with a little more detail -- possibly even diamonds or sapphires in a less formal, more unique setting. I''m not big on the engraved or celtic look -- although there are always exceptions.

Any ideas? I''d really appreciate any suggestions!

junecricket

Rough_Rock
Here''s the engagement ring (unfortunately this is the best picture I have):

junecricketering.JPG

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring. I just love sapphires and diamonds. Maybe a half eternity band of channel set sapphires and diamonds might work. At least being channel set would give you a bit more protection than rather say prong set. I''d say if you loike the look, just get a smaller band ummmm.. 2mm -3mm. Something not to thick. Like you said your outdoors and don''t want to look too blinged out. Good luck.

E B

Ideal_Rock
You sound just like me! I too am searching for something that isn''t an eternity band, but isn''t plain either.

As of now, the front runner is a platinum Etienne Perret Starlight Band:

Starlight Bands

The cool thing about his bands is that he sets colored diamonds in them as well, and you could do blue and white to match the sapphires. I''m looking at the 2.5mm platinum band with all white.

Would you prefer your ring have princess stones in it to match your center stone? Some people don''t care about being matchy, but some do, which is why I ask.

Gorgeous e-ring, by the way.
30.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Wow VERY pretty ring! Looks just like the one my hubbys cousin gave his fiancee, cept she has an asscher and not a princess cut center stone. ANYWAY....I think you have a lot of options....a plain channel set diamond band...or one alternating with sapphires or even a sapphire band. I also agree channel set is the way to go considering it will offer protection. You could also get a plain gold band and wear that day to day and get a diamond/sapphire or diamond AND sapphire band for when you want to get fancy!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I agree about the starlight band, i think their thinnest size, in platinum with sapphires and diamonds would look beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!! blingy but not over the top

junecricket

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the helpful tips!

EBree, I love both of your ideas! The starlight bands are really distinctive looking. I''m undecided about whether I want the shape of the stones in the wedding band to match the engagement ring...I suppose as long as they don''t detract from one another than different shapes might be interesting. I shall have to do some hunting around to find similar wedding bands to try on and see for myself!

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
My cousin has a ring similar to yours (same shapes but all diamonds) and she wears hers with a wide band -- it looks very good! She plays sports, so I think she probably wears the band by itself when outdoors.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2007 11:36:44 PM
Author: junecricket

EBree, I love both of your ideas! The starlight bands are really distinctive looking. I''m undecided about whether I want the shape of the stones in the wedding band to match the engagement ring...I suppose as long as they don''t detract from one another than different shapes might be interesting. I shall have to do some hunting around to find similar wedding bands to try on and see for myself!

june,

In the thinner bands, you can barely tell what shape the diamonds are. I tried on one (not one of Etienne''s, but one just like it) this last weekend that was 2mm and the diamonds just looked like little drops of sparkle. That won me over, because while I didn''t want an eternity band, I still wanted some bling (so when wearing it alone, I wasn''t completely diamondless!). Like you, I''m a casual, jeans and t-shirt gal.

The website has retailer information, so you can find out if a jewelry store carries his designs.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to the forums junecricket
35.gif
, is it a Laverack? We need more dog pictures!
Now, for your very pretty ring there is one exotic idea, this band will be great to wear alone too.
One member XChick03 were thinking of such band long time ago and this photoshop was made.

XChBand7.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2007 8:05:27 PM
Author:junecricket
This is my first ever pricescope post...although I''ve been reading the forums for a few months now. I''m just getting into the swing of planning for my wedding -- June 1st -- and need some advice on wedding rings. I''ll post a pic of my engagement ring soon (its white gold, with a princess cut diamond flanked by trillion cut sapphires).

I''m 23, a very casual dresser, and what you might call ''outdoorsy.'' I also spend a lot of time outside doing field work for my job. I''ve tried on and loved a wedding band with channel set princess cut diamonds, but I''m not sure that its quite my style. I loved the sparklies, but the setting felt really formal. More importantly, I don''t want to be worried about keeping my wedding band clean and protected while camping, hiking, etc. Besides the practical considerations, a blinged out channel set ring is just going to look ridiculous on me after days of not showering and peeing in the woods.

The other obvious choice is to settle for a traditional plain band in white gold. While I don''t have anything against this look, I''d rather have somthing with a little more detail -- possibly even diamonds or sapphires in a less formal, more unique setting. I''m not big on the engraved or celtic look -- although there are always exceptions.

Any ideas? I''d really appreciate any suggestions!
I had to LOL aout the days without showers and peeing in the woods - BTDT!! You should have seen the layers of different colored dust stuck to the back of my calves after hiking the grand canyon and not showering for 5 days LOL

Anyway I''m a HUGE fan of the plain wedding band... I even started a thread on it LOL It''s an enduring symbol that will never go out of style and requires little to no maintenance of any sort. I would suggest totally plain with no diamonds or engravings to wear away etc. I would also suggest that a nice anniversar band to wear WITH it could be something in your future that you could wear *much* of the time but not *all* of the time and you''d never have to take off your *real* wedding band :) That''s what I did lol I got married with a plain gold band and for our 2nd aniversary got a channel set diamond band... and now at 15 years I''m getting my solitaire haaha.... my gold band is a 4mm comfort fit band. Here''s the thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wedding-bands-no-diamonds-allowed.53204/

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2007 11:36:44 PM
Author: junecricket

they''re pretty but if you''re out in the dirt a lot keep in mind that diamonds set like that can be a pita to keep clean under the setting which can make them dark....

liz

Rough_Rock
I love Niwaka''s wedding bands: www.niwaka.com. Simple, fluid and unique. Any of these bands can be set with blue diamonds, which would look great with your e-ring. While they have a store in N.Y. (due to reopen on Fifth Avenue this year), all rings are handmade in Kyoto. Just lovely.

niwaka wedding bands.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
June, I am also an outdoors-loving gal, and I have an invisible set princess band (see avatar). I''m pretty hard on my rings, as far as accidentally banging them into things, etc., but I''ve never had a problem in the last 3.5 years with this band. I do use my ultrasonic cleaner every week or two, so I try to keep it clean, but as far as every day wear it doesn''t show dirt/grime too much. When we picked out our wedding bands, our jeweler suggested instead of me getting a rb channel set band, I choose princess, invisible set instead because it is easier to keep looking clean, and I have to agree. There just aren''t as many crevices for the dirt to get into with this style.

junecricket

Rough_Rock
Well, Cehrabehra, you may have persuaded me to reconsider the plain band idea
2.gif
! I hadn''t thought about the possibility of adding a diamond anniversary band in a few years...although with both of us in grad school, it may be a bit longer than that...

Pricescope, she''s actually a Llewellin English Setter -- good guess, though! Her name is Cricket, I adopted her three years ago from a really great rescue group. I''d be happy to post more pics -- should I do that here or on another board?

Here''s one for now (taken as the first blizzard in CO was starting last Dec -- and we STILL have snow from that storm on the ground!):

snowcrick.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it. I love sapphires with diamonds.
emteeth.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely check out Fay Cullen's eternity bands (http://www.faycullen.com/eternity.html). There are a lot of sapphire/diamond bands in art deco shapes (great for that mix of stones, I think!) that would look BEAUTIFUL with your ring!

**However, I've seen a lot of posts about Fay Cullen's poor customer service. If you like stuff on there, I'd suggest using a picture to get something custom made
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results