shape
carat
color
clarity

Unique, interesting, or just plain odd stones...Post them here!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
That 1.51 is sooooo weird! I wish the report or video were available. I assume it's the fluor plus inclusions that make it look blue?

Of course I love the asscher because its deep with a smaller table.

Scattered inclusions like clouds and internal graining do light up and make fluorescent stones hazy LoveDogs.
But the photos are always taken with light devoid of UV, so there would be no such effect.
This stone may have less inclusions visible when back lit and viewed through a microscope. (The opposite happens with twinning).
GIA do some upside down things and clarity grading with backlight is about one of the DUMBEST.
They are clearly even perpetuating it now that clarity grading is done by IBM.
1671247833693.png

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Someday I would like an alphabet yellow emerald cut and am thinking that Brilliance offers some nice selections.

Yeah I couldn’t figure out why it cost so much and the best thing I could come up with was “looks blue.”

Just looked at Brilliance, they have a whole mess of low-color ECs.
And a whole lot of colored diamonds, too, some labs.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Huh, that's different. It almost looks like a hybrid of jubilee and Portuguese cut, with a brilliant cut top? Maybe it's some proprietary branded cut? I don't know if I've ever seen one like it before.

I haven’t either… definitely thought it was interesting.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Huh, that's different. It almost looks like a hybrid of jubilee and Portuguese cut, with a brilliant cut top? Maybe it's some proprietary branded cut? I don't know if I've ever seen one like it before.

Maybe it was someone learning to cut and polish a diamond who had no idea that there are only a few polishing directions because only diamonds facing the abrasion in certain directions are able to be abraded or polished vs grinding a groove in the polishing wheel?

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Maybe it was someone learning to cut and polish a diamond who had no idea that there are only a few polishing directions because only diamonds facing the abrasion in certain directions are able to be abraded or polished vs grinding a groove in the polishing wheel?

Pfft, got me. Could be. Or they'll give it a fancy name, because that'll make it purposeful, or some such :lol:

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful. How did you have it set ?

Haven't set it yet. It's still in Alex's safe with a whole bunch of other stones I've purchased.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Doesn't TRR have a team of experts who are supposed to know these things?
The UIJPOS team are the best at this function!

Unique, interesting, or just plain odd stones​

m-cubed

Shiny_Rock
A round step cut? How cool.

dvj

Shiny_Rock
potentially the WEIRDEST one I've seen in a while but I'm honestly tempted to buy it.

I really like this mixed cut, though I have never seen it in real life. There are some on ritani you might want to look at to compare specs and prices and where you can more easily view the GIA reports. Here are a few that I have saved:

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is quite a unique look for an oval...would love to hear what you think about it in person @lovedogs . Keep us posted!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
potentially the WEIRDEST one I've seen in a while but I'm honestly tempted to buy it.

Looks like somebody is tweaking a new cut and we'll maybe see it branded soon? It's very cool, I would love to see one mounted and see it do it's thing.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Brilliance has a return policy. Please buy this so I can't.

dvj

Shiny_Rock
I really like this mixed cut, though I have never seen it in real life. There are some on ritani you might want to look at to compare specs and prices and where you can more easily view the GIA reports. Here are a few that I have saved:

I was just browsing diamonds (as one does) and found the same cut but in a little pear shape!

1675009621150.png

I am not in a position to purchase, but if I were I would get this in a second. Maybe it’s not to your taste, but if you get this—or if someone else does—please post photos! I want to see more pretty and unique diamonds.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just browsing diamonds (as one does) and found the same cut but in a little pear shape!

1675009621150.png

I am not in a position to purchase, but if I were I would get this in a second. Maybe it’s not to your taste, but if you get this—or if someone else does—please post photos! I want to see more pretty and unique diamonds.

neat! I've been looking for colorless stones with strong or v strong fluor, so lots of diamond window shopping lately. I'll definitely post others I find!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not super unique but I know there are some folks who like this look with chunky arrows and almost a transitional cut aesthetic.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results