shape
carat
color
clarity

Unique, interesting, or just plain odd stones...Post them here!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So brown I don't know how it's an I color:

Very grey:

Step cut oval:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
6055DC39-8EEF-428C-B0BE-4387AD781462.jpeg

Always loved this setting but could not figure out what to put in it. Now I have an idea.

Here is the end result.

Like a spring cut, 1.05 ct K color VS1 clarity EGD:

IMG_0767.jpeg

Gorgeous but could not find > 1 carat to make the inspo ring.

Found a LGD like a criss cut but with larger facets in the middle. Since it is LGD I won’t go into details but wanted to show how it ended up next to the inspo setting (David Klass):

B889179C-D03B-42C7-892D-0386BFF28BDC.jpeg

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
What are we seeing here? Coating? Fracture filling? Etsy says natural and untreated.

IMG_0039.jpeg

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Serious question, though… coating? Something else?

If you are referring to the iridescence in some of them (numbers 1, 5, and 7, if numbering them like words on a page), I think the transparent glass or plastic lid is on the container pressing down on the stones and that can produce that interference pattern -- like the sheen of motor oil on a rain puddle. I assume this is done so that all the tables are parallel; otherwise, they would "flop" to one side.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you are referring to the iridescence in some of them (numbers 1, 5, and 7, if numbering them like words on a page), I think the transparent glass or plastic lid is on the container pressing down on the stones and that can produce that interference pattern -- like the sheen of motor oil on a rain puddle. I assume this is done so that all the tables are parallel; otherwise, they would "flop" to one side.
Correct - its just thin film dispersion as you see when petroleum products spill on a garage floor.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

pricescopenewbie

Shiny_Rock
@oncrutchesrightnow this is a fun rock! I noticed this website has "see diamond on hand" function, which sounds like very helpful. Do you mind sharing which website this is? Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results