shape
carat
color
clarity

Unique, interesting, or just plain odd stones...Post them here!

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Strange that they would post it for sale midway through the cutting process.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Strange that they would post it for sale midway through the cutting process.
That's a head scratcher for sure.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
There is a report, so it was eventually finished. But why the mid-process video? Does someone at Ritani have a devious sense of humor?

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
There is a report, so it was eventually finished. But why the mid-process video? Does someone at Ritani have a devious sense of humor?

Maybe they are selling it as rough? But you would think that would be done through some wholesale transaction.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Part H&A, part step cut...do you have the link @oncrutchesrightnow ? Curious about what the report shows as faceting
pattern. Probably just shows a generic cushion pattern but ???

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I keep looking at this one....Lord help me, it is such a no, but I keep coming back. Strong fluorescent, plenty of issues...but I feel like I like it. What do you all think? It's pretty and wonky. Ya'll talk me down. Watch it move. I mean...the score is 1 out of 6. Ritani does not recommend.

Ugh, I am on day 3 of obsession with this rock.

https://www.ritani.com/products/1-7...r-si2-clarity-gia-6431416590-sku-d-1s5t7ftfym .

Screenshot 2024-02-21 115529.png

Last edited:

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I keep looking at this one....Lord help me, it is such a no, but I keep coming back. Strong fluorescent, plenty of issues...but I feel like I like it. What do you all think? It's pretty and wonky. Ya'll talk me down. Watch it move. I mean...the score is 1 out of 6. Ritani does not recommend.

https://www.ritani.com/products/1-7...r-si2-clarity-gia-6431416590-sku-d-1s5t7ftfym .

Will the inclusions bother you? I would be bothered by them personally.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

yes, they would bother me too, but if they don't bother you @lovedogs then go for it. The color wouldn't bother me. And the price sure seems good.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sometimes "wonky" stones speak to me. As long as you're going in with eyes wide open (lower color, possibly/probably visible
inclusions), I'm not going to talk you out of it. :cheeky:

Return is always an option.:wink2:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I usually dislike them. In this particular rock though, the crystal looks so clear and the inclusions are pretty, almost like a scattered snowfall. I can look at 100 diamonds and dislike the inclusions, so it's just this combination.

yes, they would bother me too, but if they don't bother you @lovedogs then go for it. The color wouldn't bother me. And the price sure seems good.
:) My husband is hoping I reconsider. I need another diamond like a hole in my head. The price is great!

I think it was @MMtwo who was looking at this one. But I can see the appeal!
I wondered how you would see it.

Sometimes "wonky" stones speak to me. As long as you're going in with eyes wide open (lower color, possibly/probably visible
inclusions), I'm not going to talk you out of it. :cheeky:

Return is always an option.:wink2:

I assume these will be quite visible inclusions. I love the low color, so that is a plus, along with the strong floro.

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
I usually dislike them. In this particular rock though, the crystal looks so clear and the inclusions are pretty, almost like a scattered snowfall. I can look at 100 diamonds and dislike the inclusions, so it's just this combination.
I assume these will be quite visible inclusions. I love the low color, so that is a plus, along with the strong floro.

I'm with you 100% (ignore your husband)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wtf is happening with this color? Just weird lighting?

And this is the type of weird chunky cut I love

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results