shape
carat
color
clarity

Unique, interesting, or just plain odd stones...Post them here!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Interesting, because what is shown as a French cut vs. Peruzzi has me kind of stumped. This ring is made of Yoram's French cuts. What would this chart identify them as?
Screenshot 2023-05-30 205308.jpg
the sides came from this parcel and he cut the center for me
1685494747102.png
the Peruzzi's seem to have a bit of a bowed out side

1685494837558.png

So I'm not sure what your stone might be and maybe as @ItsMainelyYou says it's a blend and not really a particular cut. Blend of OMC, Peruzzi? Asking Yoram what he thinks might give you the guidance of someone who specializes in old cuts.

Do you find there are dark areas in French cuts? Asking because I am considering a future project with a French cut as a main rather than side. Yours is one of the few rings I’ve found that centers the French cut.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you find there are dark areas in French cuts? Asking because I am considering a future project with a French cut as a main rather than side. Yours is one of the few rings I’ve found that centers the French cut.

That's a good question so I just pulled it out and it doesn't have dark areas looking down on it, but if I move it from side to side, the facets on the sides do turn off and on a bit, which I would expect, but from top down, I don't see dark areas.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
image_2023-05-30_182917182.png
Interesting, because what is shown as a French cut vs. Peruzzi has me kind of stumped. This ring is made of Yoram's French cuts. What would this chart identify them as?
Screenshot 2023-05-30 205308.jpg
the sides came from this parcel and he cut the center for me
1685494747102.png
the Peruzzi's seem to have a bit of a bowed out side

1685494837558.png

So I'm not sure what your stone might be and maybe as @ItsMainelyYou says it's a blend and not really a particular cut. Blend of OMC, Peruzzi? Asking Yoram what he thinks might give you the guidance of someone who specializes in old cuts.

Honestly traditional Peruzzi to me are close to modern French cuts with some extra crown facets and less pronounced cross generally.
Of course, there are two styles of French cuts and it all gets very confusing:lol:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
update: I didn't buy the stone I posted about above, so it's available if anyone wants it!

Instead, I bought this, which DBL is kindly resetting for me. And the peruzzi is cut by Yoram, which is just icing on the cake.

This way I'm not buying without videos or other assurance that the cut is exactly what I want (which would have been the case with the .84)

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Whoa. At some angles it checkerboards like my millennium cut. You'd have to make friends with that keel, tho. Kind of reminds me of a mixed breed from the dog shelter.
I'm still obsessed with your new Asscher. If you have a picture of it in the el cheapo, please post it.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Whoa. At some angles it checkerboards like my millennium cut. You'd have to make friends with that keel, tho. Kind of reminds me of a mixed breed from the dog shelter.
I'm still obsessed with your new Asscher. If you have a picture of it in the el cheapo, please post it.

I sure will when it gets here (13th, I hope). I just posted about it in Rocky Talky.
Funny, but I am wondering if it will get wonky in sunlight. In a way, I don't care because I like different diamonds that make me go, "hmmmm".

Last edited:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
image_2023-05-30_182917182.png

Honestly traditional Peruzzi to me are close to modern French cuts with some extra crown facets and less pronounced cross generally.
Of course, there are two styles of French cuts and it all gets very confusing:lol:

Thanks for posting this - love the old variations.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
update: I didn't buy the stone I posted about above, so it's available if anyone wants it!

Instead, I bought this, which DBL is kindly resetting for me. And the peruzzi is cut by Yoram, which is just icing on the cake.

This way I'm not buying without videos or other assurance that the cut is exactly what I want (which would have been the case with the .84)

Ohhhhh, I cannot wait to see this. It is a beauty! Congrats - was a darling stone.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Meh, that Asscher was unavailable.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Off today and half heartedly looking for more weird diamonds.

Someone stole the bling smack out of the center of this one. Holey Moley.

holy moley.jpg

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I'd be interested to hear what JA says about that video.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
It's way pretty. Probably. Worth a phone call.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I tried shrinking the video, no luck.
It doesn't even match the facet diagram.
Peel it back to reveal your discount?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
looks kind of like an old cut

53.9 table, looks like bruted edges...I bet so. What a cute and tempting little diamond :)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me three. But I was trying to figure out if it was priced in the right range at $1600+. It seemed kind of high to me but I still love the look of it.

I think it's priced a bit high.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results