shape
carat
color
clarity

Unique Child names

I don't understand how names can be stolen. It's just a name.

A friend of mine wants to name her daughter Violet Skye. Cute. I like it. I wouldn't use the whole name like that, but I would use Violet, or Skye if I wanted..

Fi's sister named their first kid sebastian. I LOVE that name. I would still use it.. but FI and his dad make fun of the name every chance it is brought up. Poor kid.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amethyste said:
Kismet said:
Growing up, one of my brother's friends was called Thor. The family was Norwegian so maybe the name was more commonplace in Norway but it kind of stuck out in Vermont.

OMG *** THOR *** IS FRIGGIN' AWESOME!!!

Unless the child is thin - short - and plays the violin...

I just laughed out loud at this -- when my sister was pregnant with her son, she was thinking about all sorts of "different" names, but her husband is pretty traditional, so it nothing unique would have been ok with him anyway. When she would tell me the names, the highlighted sentence above was always in the back of my mine - you gotta have a popular kid to pull off some unique/strong names!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Zoe said:
slg47 said:
I guess I don't get the 'unique' names. I have one and people are always confusing me for a boy (my name is Spencer). I'm totally fine with my name but some of the names are just confusing-especially the ones with wacky spellings.

My favorite are the athlete names though-I think D'Artagnan could totally work for a football player! Sort of like D'Brickashaw...

It's also interesting how other cultures have adopted certain American names, but not others.

I LOVE Spencer for a girl.

Initially, Savannah was going to be Spencer, but we decided against that. I was paranoid with the idea that the other one would feel like she was special or something.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Strawdermangrl said:
My name is Reannan (pronounced Re-Ann-An) Renee.
Fleetwood Mac beat out the family name of Micheline (Italian ve :bigsmile: rsion of Michelle- was my Great- Nanas name)
Love that! I'd really like to be named after Rhiannon! I like that you got your very own spelling, too!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
My middle name is Alexander. My mother (19 at the time) didn't think my father would approve of the name Alexander so she gave it to me as a middle name. Never mind my first name. It isn't half as interesting.

Fast forward 12 years and my mother named my brother Alexander. :angryfire:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results