shape
carat
color
clarity

Unexpected gift from dad - Ruby and diamond halo ring!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring! There is nothing like a Daddy and I know you are touched by his gesture of pure love .Praying for a full recovery for you I am loving all the beautiful pictures!

Thank you so much @Tinkybell ! You are absolutely right, there is nothing like a good Daddy! He got me my first diamond ring when I was 18. It was a cluster ring with 9 diamonds set on 18kt yellow gold. Later he bought me my first Rolex watch, which I still wear and enjoy until today and many other wonderful pieces of jewelry, which all bare a very special meaning and sentiment for me. This ring was so unexpected though. I just hadn't seen it coming at all. My parents are extremely frustrated and sad with my condition and with the COVID-19 shutdown of the market I didn't expect that my dad would have the mood and the practical means to get me a ring. It seems that he contacted our family jeweler in all secrecy and discussed with him exactly what he had in mind and the ring was made and delivered to his doorstep!
I'm very happy that I've got it on my finger now and it reminds me that my family is the most precious gift of all. It is for them that I am determined to beat this and get well again!
Thank you again for your sweet words!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I'm all excited now and I'd like to share a photo of the look that I have adopted since dad gave me the new ring! I'm wearing my three stone engagement ring with my half eternity diamond band (doesn't show much in the photo!) on my ring finger and on my right hand I'm wearing my new Ruby ring with my thin full eternity diamond band and my plain wedding band that I got married with! Do you guys think it's too much?

Attachments

• IMG_20210211_082748.jpg
    IMG_20210211_082748.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 16

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I'm all excited now and I'd like to share a photo of the look that I have adopted since dad gave me the new ring! I'm wearing my three stone engagement ring with my half eternity diamond band (doesn't show much in the photo!) on my ring finger and on my right hand I'm wearing my new Ruby ring with my thin full eternity diamond band and my plain wedding band that I got married with! Do you guys think it's too much?

Hi @Natylad -

Your rings are gorgeous (definitely not too much - truly!) - but girrrrrl - that MANICURE!! Hallo - YUMMY!

I absolutely love your new ring - how beautifully thoughtful of your dad! I love rubies. For my money, I far prefer them to diamonds - so much more heart.

Did you know there's a beautiful verse in the Bible that says - "For a good woman, who can find? She is far more precious than rubies." Knowing what you're going through, as soon as I saw your ring it struck me as though you're the ruby in this story, and the three rows of diamonds are your family's love for you - flowing up to you, circling around you, keeping you safe, then flowing out the other side, leaving you loved and held. Like rubies and diamonds, so often as people we show to best advantage because of the people who love and surround us, helping us shine.

Clearly, your shining isn't done yet, @Natylad. That beautiful, red, glowing heart of yours has so much to give in this world and it will carry you through this situation. So take the love that surrounds you, wrap yourself in it, and use it to keep yourself safe and warm as you persevere through this dark time, before you come shooting out into the sunshine! And make sure you give yourself lots and lots of self care and love along the way.

I went through endometrial cancer in 2019 and the women here were amazing for me. I felt seen and supported. Do - please! - use this group for whatever support or nurture you need! We're here and we care.

And your wig is kick arse, just by the way. :)) Although this is hardly a surprise, given that it's being worn by one of the most beautiful women on PriceScope. True dat.

Hugs, prayers, supportive thoughts all coming your way. <3

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much my dear @missy!!! Very happy to see you on my thread! You are always bringing so much positivity and it's very precious to me right now! Big hugs ❤

I don't know how I missed this thread when you first posted @Natylad and know I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Sending you all the best. The future holds much blingy happiness and most importantly good health. XOXO.

sth66

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on 20 cancer-free years @sth66 !! Stories like yours keep me motivated and strong during these difficult times!!
The idea of a pink sapphire for your special ring is perfect! I adore pink sapphires and my original engagement ring is an oval pink sapphire with diamond side stones!
I was also considering having a custom ring made for myself, in order to cheer me up and keep me inspired and I had my mind set on white diamonds and pink sapphires as well, since pink is the color of breast cancer awareness, but then daddy's gift happened to me and now I realize that this ring is so perfect !!!
Sending all my positive vibes and I can't wait to see your new ring when it's done!
Thank you so much for the support, it's highly appreciated and much needed!

Your ring from your dad is indeed perfect and so special coming from him!
I will try to post whatever I end up with. I have a feeling it's gonna be a while and I'm really in no rush. I'm a terrible decision maker and my even bigger problem is my caviar taste on a beer budget! LOL. I just want to make sure I really love whatever I end up with. I've had jewelry modified and made in the past, nothing fancy, and end up hardly ever wearing them. I think it's the thrill of the hunt and creation process that's more exciting sometimes than the actual, finished product! LOL.
Enjoy your ring, stay strong and just take each day as it comes. You'll get through it and realize you're stronger than you ever thought possible!=)2

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Natylad -

Your rings are gorgeous (definitely not too much - truly!) - but girrrrrl - that MANICURE!! Hallo - YUMMY!

I absolutely love your new ring - how beautifully thoughtful of your dad! I love rubies. For my money, I far prefer them to diamonds - so much more heart.

Did you know there's a beautiful verse in the Bible that says - "For a good woman, who can find? She is far more precious than rubies." Knowing what you're going through, as soon as I saw your ring it struck me as though you're the ruby in this story, and the three rows of diamonds are your family's love for you - flowing up to you, circling around you, keeping you safe, then flowing out the other side, leaving you loved and held. Like rubies and diamonds, so often as people we show to best advantage because of the people who love and surround us, helping us shine.

Clearly, your shining isn't done yet, @Natylad. That beautiful, red, glowing heart of yours has so much to give in this world and it will carry you through this situation. So take the love that surrounds you, wrap yourself in it, and use it to keep yourself safe and warm as you persevere through this dark time, before you come shooting out into the sunshine! And make sure you give yourself lots and lots of self care and love along the way.

I went through endometrial cancer in 2019 and the women here were amazing for me. I felt seen and supported. Do - please! - use this group for whatever support or nurture you need! We're here and we care.

And your wig is kick arse, just by the way. :)) Although this is hardly a surprise, given that it's being worn by one of the most beautiful women on PriceScope. True dat.

Hugs, prayers, supportive thoughts all coming your way. <3

I feel so blessed to be a part of this community. My dear @mrs-b your words of support mean the world to me at these difficult times. Thank you from the bottom of my heart ❤

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring from your dad is indeed perfect and so special coming from him!
I will try to post whatever I end up with. I have a feeling it's gonna be a while and I'm really in no rush. I'm a terrible decision maker and my even bigger problem is my caviar taste on a beer budget! LOL. I just want to make sure I really love whatever I end up with. I've had jewelry modified and made in the past, nothing fancy, and end up hardly ever wearing them. I think it's the thrill of the hunt and creation process that's more exciting sometimes than the actual, finished product! LOL.
Enjoy your ring, stay strong and just take each day as it comes. You'll get through it and realize you're stronger than you ever thought possible!=)2

I understand exactly what you mean @sth66 ! I am also guilty of spending money on numerous projects that seemed so much fun at the time that I was working on them but the finished products didn't thrill me much and stayed in the jewelry box! Hopefully you will come up with something that you will really love and enjoy!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock

Goodness, @Natylad! You could be a model with those hands!!
And your rings? Gorgeous! I also love your 17 ct set from another thread :D And no, I don’t think wearing both the Ruby w full eternity on one hand and your 3 stone w band on the other is too much.
I‘ve seen women on Instagram with rings on each finger and still look cool. Some just don’t, of course- lol...but you have fingers that are long and slender...I somehow think even if you wear soda can tabs as stacker rings, they’d still look classy on you;)2

I hope you know how much you‘re admired for your strength and grace (and your bling, too!), Natylad. This, too, shall pass.
Sending you all the positive energy through the universe and back!
And hope you feel better soon❤️

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How is my hot looking attorney doing? Hope your treatment is going well.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Thinking about you @Natylad sending you hugs

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
I only just saw this thread. @Natylad, you’re very brave and courageous. Your dad is so sweet, loving and supportive. Your beautiful ring is a wonderful testament of that love and support. Sending good wishes and hope your treatment is going well.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery Natylad. :love:

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous! What a beautiful gift to remind you that you are not on this journey alone. You take care!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How is my hot looking attorney doing? Hope your treatment is going well.

Hello my dear @Dancing Fire :wavey: It's been a rough time during the last weeks but I'm hanging in there. Trying to keep my spirits up and be my usual brave self! My doctors say that they're very satisfied so far and that my prospects for the future are excellent. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only just saw this thread. @Natylad, you’re very brave and courageous. Your dad is so sweet, loving and supportive. Your beautiful ring is a wonderful testament of that love and support. Sending good wishes and hope your treatment is going well.

Dear @Fabfashion it's truly a blessing to have a loving and supportive family in life, especially during difficult times. I am blessed in many ways and I'm trying to remind that to myself when I feel weak and frustrated and my spirits are down! Thank you for your kind thoughts and good words :wavey:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous! What a beautiful gift to remind you that you are not on this journey alone. You take care!

Dear @Diamond*Dana, indeed knowing that you're not alone in this makes all the difference! I wouldn't have made it so far without the love and support of my DH, parents, brother and friends! Thank you for your kindness:love:

Q

Queenie60

@Natylad - your ring is very special and very beautiful. Thinking of you as you wade through this cancer journey. I am a 20 year breast cancer survivor and want you to know that you can beat this. Take it head on and never give up. I will be thinking of you and praying for your full recovery. Take care:wavey:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring on such lovely hands!! Wishing you a speedy recovery. I hope the ruby lifts your heart as you wear it! Send you hugs and support

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
That is stunning.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results