shape
carat
color
clarity

Tweets from a lunatic

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who do you think will be next....Sessions, Bannon or Scaramucci?

The Real Housewives of any city have nothing on this administration. It's a 24/7 reality show

Page Six reported Anthony Scaramucci's wife has filed for divorce. They reported she was fed up with his ruthless quest to get close to President Trump, whom she despises.

I saw that. What a zoo. It's a pity she can't get Melania out at the same time she makes her escape.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Interesting stuff Calliecakes. I guess when your husband sells a business because he wants to work in the White house you could be upset.
I watch the business channel almost every day. Anthony does come on as a respected member of the market talk. He understands the media. A few people were talking about him this morning asking one another if the believed he did not know to say it was off the record. The all shook their heads saying Anthony knew he was on the record.

Deb--Ok I have used up my portion of pity for Anthony. Now I can make fun of him. Can I be sorry for his wife that he fell in love with Donald.?

Annette

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
Who do you think will be next....Sessions, Bannon or Scaramucci?

The Real Housewives of any city have nothing on this administration. It's a 24/7 reality show

Page Six reported Anthony Scaramucci's wife has filed for divorce. They reported she was fed up with his ruthless quest to get close to President Trump, whom she despises.

My money is on Bannon.

It's a good time for her to file for divorce. He liquidated his company and she knows all his assets from the financial disclosure he filled out. :$$):

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TC, Too funny. I thought they exact same thing. Everything has been documented financially. Perfect time for the filing. She can question his stability and say he is unhinged. She has his tweets and interviews as proof.

My guess is Bannon will be the next to go also.

Did anyone see the interview Scaramocci did yesterday with Chris Cuomo (CNN)? At one point during the interview Scaramucci accused Cuomo of being hard on him. Cuomo replied "You think this is hard? I'm giving you pats on the head like your a puppy".

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb--Ok I have used up my portion of pity for Anthony. Now I can make fun of him. Can I be sorry for his wife that he fell in love with Donald.?

Whose wife? The Mooch's wife or Trump's wife? Probably The Mooch's wife is better off divorced from him because he is a disgusting specimen, but if you want to feel sorry for her, I shall allow it. As far as I know, she has committed no egregious offenses that should bar her from being pitied.

As for Trump's wife, I am not sure whether you should pity her because The Mooch fell in love with her husband. I am not sure what it is doing to her relationship with Trump. I suspect that since he loves to be adored, it is lessening his abuse of her, at least for the time being. But I never put any limits on how much Melania should be pitied. Only The Good Lord knows what she suffers being married to That Creature.

Deb

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Annette and Deb, I also kind of feel sorry for Scaramucci's wife. Can you imagine being dumped for Donald Trump? Although if that ever happened to me I would feel that my husband would belong in a sewer and it would best to leave him behind!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well if this true I feel very sorry for Mrs Scaramucci. I just read Page Six is now reporting Scaramucci's wife gave birth last Monday to their son. Anthony Scaramucci was with Trump and the Boy Scouts. It stated he sent her a text saying "Congratulations, I'll pray for our child". WOW! This clown is a walking soap opera. No wonder he gets along so well with Trump.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Callie, that is unbelievable. Sounds like Anthony is obsessed. That poor woman. What a piece of junk he is.

Annette

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Well if this true I feel very sorry for Mrs Scaramucci. I just read Page Six is now reporting Scaramucci's wife gave birth last Monday to their son. Anthony Scaramucci was with Trump and the Boy Scouts. It stated he sent her a text saying "Congratulations, I'll pray for our child". WOW! This clown is a walking soap opera. No wonder he gets along so well with Trump.

That is sick. It is so telling that Trump has the tendency to constantly pull such damaged people into his orbit.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One thing I found interesting is Scaramucci tweeted "soon we will learn who in the media has class and who doesn't ". I'm guess he is referring to which news organizations will report about his wife having his child while he spent 4 days with Trump. I watched political shows this morning on CNN, NBC and ABC and not one of them mentioned his wife filing for divorce or the birth of his child. I found that a little strange considering he is now working for Trump.

It's easy to see why Trump loves Scaramucci. They definitely are two peas in a pod!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to laugh that Trump tweeted no White House chaos today. Right Donald, no chaos what so ever. All presidents tweet how weak their Attorney General is. All staff members call other members of their team a F&$king Paranoid Schizophrenic. Just another daily lie coming from the Liar in Chief.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie-

You asked this on Friday. It is now Monday. I have had time to think and I am ready to vote.

Deb :wavey:

LOL Deb! I thought Scaramucci should have been let go after his tirade to the press last week. When Trump let Priebus go on Friday, I took that to mean he approved of Scaramucci's behavior. I didn't see Scaramucci's firing coming this soon and figured he would be around for at least a few months. It makes me so sad that this is our new normal.

The North Korea situation, healthcare, and Russia should be center stage. Not Trump playing reality TV.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
Callie-

You asked this on Friday. It is now Monday. I have had time to think and I am ready to vote.

Deb :wavey:

:lol-2: Scaramucci didn't even enter my mind simply because he just started! Should have known the Donald wouldn't like all the attention the Mooch was getting.

I credit @Calliecake for even including Scaramucci in the multiple choice.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please @t-c don't give me much credit. I only included him because I find him unbelievably sleazy.

I figured eventually Trump would get tired of him stealing his spotlight. I didn't think Trump would be smart enough to realize it was happening this soon.

I missed you this afternoon when all the drama was unfolding!

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
Please @t-c don't give me much credit. I only included him because I find him unbelievably sleazy.

I figured eventually Trump would get tired of him stealing his spotlight. I didn't think Trump would be smart enough to realize it was happening this soon.

I missed you this afternoon when all the drama was unfolding!

Board meetings at work. I didn't have a chance to check the news until late in the afternoon. I enjoyed everyone's comments though :mrgreen2: I think I "liked" all the posts in the "Scaramucci out" thread!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"The president certainly felt that Anthony's comments were inappropriate for a person in that position and he didn't want to burden General Kelly," White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders said at a briefing, referring to John Kelly, who was sworn in as the new White House chief of staff earlier on Monday.

From this article on Reuters: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-scaramucci-white-house-idUSKBN1AG2G1

Absolutely priceless from President Grab 'Em By The Pvssy himself.

Last edited:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And in most current news of the Sh!t Show, it's being reported that the Liar in Chief dictated his son's misleading statement on the Russia meeting... yanno... that utterly innocent get together where everyone sat around eating cucumber and cream cheese sammiches and talking about adopting cuddly widdle babies...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-meeting-idUSKBN1AH2QE

My favorite part of this article: Trump advisers discussed the new disclosure and agreed that Trump Jr. should issue a truthful account of the episode so that it "couldn’t be repudiated later if the full details emerged."

This administration is just a laugh a minute!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sure is @deejay. I have a feeling this is just the tip of the iceberg and we will be finding out much more. I can't wait until these lowlife grifters are out of office. How comical that the Reps think Kelly is going to get this sh$t show on the right track. As long had Pu$$y grabber is in charge I see very little chance of anything remotely resembling normal.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know anything else about this guy (Republication Senator Jeff Flake), but right now I’d be happy to send him flowers or buy him dinner or something…

And he’s not just railing about Chump – he’s got some valid points about how we came to this, even including himself as part of the problem.

I’m sure I’m preaching to the choir with this (Ruby… where’d ya go off to again?!), but here it is:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/01/politics/jeff-flake-trump/index.html

(CNN) Arizona's Jeff Flake has had enough.

The Republican senator, who was a vocal critic of President Trump during the campaign, has penned a book entitled "The Conscience of a Conservative: A Rejection of Destructive Politics and a Return to Principle " that takes off after not only the President but also GOP leaders who, Flake alleges, have enabled the man in the White House for far too long. (The title is a throwback to Barry Goldwater's seminal "Conscience of a Conservative," which was originally released in 1960.)

An excerpt of Flake's new book, which goes on sale today, ran in Politico on Monday. And it was packed with devastating lines for Trump, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and even Flake himself.

Here are the 11 most damning.

1. "Who could blame the people who felt abandoned and ignored by the major parties for reaching in despair for a candidate who offered oversimplified answers to infinitely complex questions and managed to entertain them in the process?"

This is as cogent -- and brief -- an explanation for the rise of Trump as I have seen. Trump capitalized on frustration and alienation with the two-party system. And he took advantage of that most basic part of human nature: When faced with the utter complexity of the world around us, we look for simple solutions to make us feel better. Trump's promise to immediately make everything better with a snap of his fingers appealed to all of the people in the country who felt overwhelmed/angry/anxious about the ever-mounting problems they faced on a daily basis.

2. "It was we conservatives who, upon Obama's election, stated that our No. 1 priority was not advancing a conservative policy agenda but making Obama a one-term president—the corollary to this binary thinking being that his failure would be our success and the fortunes of the citizenry would presumably be sorted out in the meantime."

This is a DIRECT shot at McConnell. In October 2010, he said this to National Journal: "The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president." It became a rallying cry for Democrats, who insisted that it revealed that Republicans had no intention of ever even trying to work with Obama, believing it in their political interests to oppose him and his proposals at every turn. Flake rejects this sort of zero-sum game thinking and, in the process, delivers a major slap at the Senate leader's political worldview.

3. "To carry on in the spring of 2017 as if what was happening was anything approaching normalcy required a determined suspension of critical faculties. And tremendous powers of denial."

Democrats have been shouting "THIS IS NOT NORMAL" about Trump's actions in office since, well, he got into office. Flake argues that they are right -- and that Republicans have been trying to explain away Trump's lack of normality for far too long. Inherent in this argument by Flake is that Republicans have long known what they are doing -- trying to normalize or ignore Trump's behavior because it was in their political interest.

4. "I've been sympathetic to this impulse to denial, as one doesn't ever want to believe that the government of the United States has been made dysfunctional at the highest levels, especially by the actions of one's own party."

Flake makes clear here that he is not blameless in all of this, attributing his slow waking-up to the dangers caused by Trump's actions in office to the fact that the mind tends to try to see what it wants to see.

5. "It would be like Noah saying, 'If I spent all my time obsessing about the coming flood, there would be little time for anything else.'"

In one sentence, Flake annihilates his -- and the broader Republican -- response to Trump's almost-constant controversial comments. Dismissing Trump's tweets by saying he didn't have time to read them was, Flake acknowledges, a massive cop-out. The tweets -- as reporters like me have long argued -- are the centerpiece of this administration since they reflect the actual thinking and mood of the President of the United States. Ignoring them isn't an option.

6. "Too often, we observe the unfolding drama along with the rest of the country, passively, all but saying, 'Someone should do something!' without seeming to realize that that someone is us."

The Constitution, Flake notes, enumerates that the job of oversight of the executive branch falls to the legislative branch. Which means that it's up to Congress -- even if it is Republican-controlled -- to ask hard questions about Trump and his administration. Abdicating that responsibility for political purposes is simply not acceptable, Flake argues.

7. "There was a time when the leadership of the Congress from both parties felt an institutional loyalty that would frequently create bonds across party lines in defense of congressional prerogatives in a unified front against the White House, regardless of the president's party."

Again, this is a shot at McConnell -- not to mention House Speaker Paul Ryan. Flake is making the case that Congress should be bigger than any one party or any one president. And that by walking away from its role as a check and balance on Trump, Republican leaders are putting party before country.

8. "If by 2017 the conservative bargain was to go along for the very bumpy ride because with congressional hegemony and the White House we had the numbers to achieve some long-held policy goals—even as we put at risk our institutions and our values—then it was a very real question whether any such policy victories wouldn't be Pyrrhic ones. If this was our Faustian bargain, then it was not worth it."

This line is the crux on which the whole piece stands. What Flake is doing is taking apart the argument at the heart of why so many conservatives supported Trump: Because he would enact something closer to their agenda than would Hillary Clinton. Congressional Republicans openly admitted in the run-up to the 2016 election that Trump's personal conduct was totally unacceptable to them but they were for him anyway because he would appoint more conservative Supreme Court justices, work to lower taxes and get rid of regulations. For that promise, Flake argues, Republicans gave up their principles. And the juice wasn't worth the squeeze.

9. "Meanwhile, the strange specter of an American president's seeming affection for strongmen and authoritarians created such a cognitive dissonance among my generation of conservatives—who had come of age under existential threat from the Soviet Union—that it was almost impossible to believe."

This reflects just how radically different Trump's views on Russia are from his party. The simple reality is that Trump represents a total break from the way the Republican party has positioned itself vis a vis Russia for more than three decades.

10. "We shouldn't hesitate to speak out if the president 'plays to the base' in ways that damage the Republican Party's ability to grow and speak to a larger audience."

Good advice but hard to follow given a) the size of Trump's megaphone and b) his repeated willingness to play to the base on everything from immigration to the media to, well, everything.

11. "We have taken our 'institutions conducive to freedom,' as Goldwater put it, for granted as we have engaged in one of the more reckless periods of politics in our history. In 2017, we seem to have lost our appreciation for just how hard won and vulnerable those institutions are."

"One of the more reckless periods of politics in our history." Those are very strong words coming from any politician but especially from a conservative Republican. And Flake's broader concern about fragility of our institutions amid all of this recklessness is chilling.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CNN just reported that Trump said he received a call from a Boy Scouts Head saying his speech was the "greatest speech".

Can this president please go one day without telling a lie, just one flipping day!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AP_17205844006665-654x362-cb4c1e2.jpg

Steve Helber/AP
By Nicole Lafond Published August 2, 2017 8:18 am

"In an interview with The Wall Street Journal, President Donald Trump said the Boy Scouts called him after his highly criticized speech at the National Jamboree and told him it was 'the greatest speech that was ever made to them.'

But the Boy Scouts told Time that officials are unaware of that phone call.

'The Chief Scout Executive’s message to the Scouting community speaks for itself,' the organization told Time, referring to a statement a top Boy Scouts executive made last week after backlash against Trump’s speech, which critics equated to a campaign rally."

AGBF

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Last nite on the Lawrence O'Donnell show, Lawrence read a piece from an interview last week with the Wall Street Journal where Trump told the interviewer that No-one in his campaign had any contact or dealings to do with any Russians. Well. Deb, senility is showing its head.

We have a man in office that is not all there.
scary again.

Annette

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well. Deb, senility is showing its head.

We have a man in office that is not all there.
scary again.

I am not sure he is senile. He lies pathologically, of course. And he insists on adulation and either has or portends to have no memory of his past statements or his own misdeeds. But I doubt that his diagnosis would be as benign as senility. He is a malignant sadist. He clearly enjoys the spectacle of blood sports, of humiliating and hurting others. He is no mere narcissist. The armchair diagnosticians have not correctly pigeonholed him when they labelled him with simple "Narcissistic Personality Disorder".

AGBF

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata, your signature line is completely apropos at the bottom of that post.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results