shape
carat
color
clarity

Tweets from a lunatic

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
Today 8 members of trumps council of CEO's had one by one resigned the council. the remaining ones were preparing a press release that they were ALL leaving. before they got the press release out trump tweeted he was disbanning the councils. They got the statement out a few minutes after trump tweeted that he was disbanning the council that was supposed to be advising him on economic matters

I am glad trump cant fire congress. I just hope they step up and demand he resign before we have to wait for trump to be impeached.

if trump had half a brain he would resign now but his ego wont let him.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
IMG_5482.jpg

Trademark hypocrisy from the man who refused to release his taxes, and bragged that when he avoided paying taxes, well that was just "smart".

Does he ever say or do anything that isn't just plain stupid?

ETA - and what happened to his big belief in capitalism?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am caught in a brain loop trying to figure out how we got here because it just doesn't compute. There is just no way this all can be happening.

He is such a thoughtless pig. Never thought I would say that about a president of our country :(

And then I think of the perfect storm scenario: Trump.

1. He was born to a domineering, win at any cost, father who did not allow for losers (I understand he emotionally punished his children when they lost);
2. He was born into entitlement and extreme wealth. Combined with 1) family values, he was taught to buy his way out of situations, that nothing was his responsibility or fault;
3. He has, by all accounts, one of the most extremely narcissistic personalities that has ever been measured;
4. He is devoid of empathy - not sure if this automatically goes hand in hand with narcissism, but he is pathologically incapable of feeling anything for others.
5. No moral or ethical compass, so does not know "right" from "wrong," and does not understand or value the concept of reality, or truth.

In summary, an unfeeling narcissist was born, taught to win at all cost, with nor moral code. He was given abundant and limitless resources and taught to buy himself out of losing (e.g. avoiding the draft, not paying trades people who did work for him and paying his lawyers large sums to defend these lawsuits, paying people to make false statements, aka "alternative facts," paying Russians to infiltrate our election process so he could win). He has never been in a situation where he has been forced to really see and understand human suffering, and even if he had, I don't think he could process it because of his character defects (and yeah, I see a complete lack of empathy as a significant character defect).

Katharath: in response, I'd say its not that he's a thoughtless pig, its that he is a pig (sorry to the poor pigs out there) who thinks constantly and obsessively - but about just one thing: himself.
I don't know where to go with this. Part of me is just gobsmacked that republicans allowed and encouraged him knowing he's a monster. Part of me believes that republicans miscalculated, thinking he was so egregious that allowing him to make it to the forefront of the party would serve to revitalize and coalesce all moderate aspects of the party. In other words, he was just supposed to be a touchstone or pawn to rejuvenate and unite the party and then be scuttled. But it was the perfect storm.

I guess I have to believe this. I cannot believe that all republicans are white supremacists just as I cannot believe all democrats are good, virtuous people. So I have to believe the fact that they allowed - even encouraged - him to be elected was just a giant miscalculation. I want to believe they failed to understand the enumerated factors and therefore failed to take heed of the storm clouds, just as in the hubris of the Andrea Gail. Otherwise, I'd have to believe in something far more sinister and my head would literally explode...

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, not this again! Sorry, double post!

ABKIS

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am caught in a brain loop trying to figure out how we got here because it just doesn't compute. There is just no way this all can be happening.

And then I think of the perfect storm scenario: Trump.

1. He was born to a domineering, win at any cost, father who did not allow for losers (I understand he emotionally punished his children when they lost);
2. He was born into entitlement and extreme wealth. Combined with 1) family values, he was taught to buy his way out of situations, that nothing was his responsibility or fault;
3. He has, by all accounts, one of the most extremely narcissistic personalities that has ever been measured;
4. He is devoid of empathy - not sure if this automatically goes hand in hand with narcissism, but he is pathologically incapable of feeling anything for others.
5. No moral or ethical compass, so does not know "right" from "wrong," and does not understand or value the concept of reality, or truth.

In summary, an unfeeling narcissist was born, taught to win at all cost, with nor moral code. He was given abundant and limitless resources and taught to buy himself out of losing (e.g. avoiding the draft, not paying trades people who did work for him and paying his lawyers large sums to defend these lawsuits, paying people to make false statements, aka "alternative facts," paying Russians to infiltrate our election process so he could win). He has never been in a situation where he has been forced to really see and understand human suffering, and even if he had, I don't think he could process it because of his character defects (and yeah, I see a complete lack of empathy as a significant character defect).

Katharath: in response, I'd say its not that he's a thoughtless pig, its that he is a pig (sorry to the poor pigs out there) who thinks constantly and obsessively - but about just one thing: himself.
I don't know where to go with this. Part of me is just gobsmacked that republicans allowed and encouraged him knowing he's a monster. Part of me believes that republicans miscalculated, thinking he was so egregious that allowing him to make it to the forefront of the party would serve to revitalize and coalesce all moderate aspects of the party. In other words, he was just supposed to be a touchstone or pawn to rejuvenate and unite the party and then be scuttled. But it was the perfect storm.

I guess I have to believe this. I cannot believe that all republicans are white supremacists just as I cannot believe all democrats are good, virtuous people. So I have to believe the fact that they allowed - even encouraged - him to be elected was just a giant miscalculation. I want to believe they failed to understand the enumerated factors and therefore failed to take heed of the storm clouds, just as in the hubris of the Andrea Gail. Otherwise, I'd have to believe in something far more sinister and my head would literally explode...

Oh minousbijoux. I think I love you!! I agree with everything you just posted. Thank you! :clap:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The CEO'S walked away because they woke up, smelled the Covfefe, and realized that it was bovung.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
if trump had half a brain he would resign now but his ego wont let him.

I just saw on "The Rachel Maddow Show" (MSNBC) that Mike Pence has cancelled the last leg of his trip to Latin America and his appearances in Virginia that were to follow that. Instead he will be meeting at Camp David with Donald Trump. I am speculating that Trump plans to resign, that he is not enjoying being president.

AGBF

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just saw on "The Rachel Maddow Show" (MSNBC) that Mike Pence has cancelled the last leg of his trip to Latin America and his appearances in Virginia that were to follow that. Instead he will be meeting at Camp David with Donald Trump. I am speculating that Trump plans to resign, that he is not enjoying being president.

AGBF

Deb, you are giving me a glimmer of hope, and I pray to god you're right (this--from someone who doesn't pray)... but I fear he's too much of a narcissist to resign. Voluntarily giving up the presidency would be the ultimate admission of failure, and I can't see him doing that. I'm happy to be wrong about that though. As a matter of fact I've never wanted to be wrong so much in my entire life as I am right now typing this...

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF and @Dee*Jay when I first heard that Trump and Pence are meeting at Camp David tomorrow and Pence was cutting his trip short I hoped that it was an "intervention" of sorts to convince Trump to resign. But he is so horrible and narcissistic that I don't think this ego will allow it. Unless there's some way to blame it on the "BAD MEDIA! UNFAIR!", he won't do it.

But I will be so happy if I'm wrong. Every day I hope it's the day he's done.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I fear he's too much of a narcissist to resign. Giving up the presidency would be the ultimate failure and I can't see him doing that.
He can twist it enough to make resigning look like an act of martyrdom and happily pursue capitalizing on the entire experience as a private citizen. I'm still hoping for a myocardial infarction or cerebral event.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He can twist it enough to make resigning look like an act of martyrdom and happily pursue capitalizing on the entire experience as a private citizen. I'm still hoping for a myocardial infarction or cerebral event.

He's certainly caused ME several myocardial infarctions and cerebral events over the past few moths. I may never recover from the stroke I had in the wee hours of November 9th when I realized what all the media was saying must be true about the election outcome. And it's been all downhill from there.

As for being a martyr -- whatever it takes. I'll call him Don of Arc if it will get him the hell out of the white house.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've said for a few months now that everyone needs to tell him things like, "Obama wouldn't have had the guts to step down", or "You'll be remembered forever if you step down and blame the LIBRUL MEDIA!". He is childish and predictable, such that I honestly think that might work.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, you are giving me a glimmer of hope, and I pray to god you're right (this--from someone who doesn't pray)... but I fear he's too much of a narcissist to resign. Voluntarily giving up the presidency would be the ultimate admission of failure, and I can't see him doing that. I'm happy to be wrong about that though. As a matter of fact I've never wanted to be wrong so much in my entire life as I am right now typing this...

This. He is incapable of being objective, so he cannot see that he is failing. However, if he is told that there is some huge profit - some mega windfall - which would be available to him if he were to resign as president, I have no doubt he'd for for it.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
President Donald Trump’s decision to double down on his argument that “both sides” were to blame for the violent clashes at a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, was driven in part by his own anger — and his disdain for being told what to do. * * * “In some ways, Trump would rather have people calling him racist than say he backed down the minute he was wrong,” one adviser to the White House said on Wednesday about Charlottesville.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/16/trump-charlottesville-temper-chaos-241721

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Either that or he's firing Pence as VP for campaigning behind his back for 2020. That would be my guess, especially since Pence hasn't been as supportive of Trump lately as he was in the beginning.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot believe that all republicans are white supremacists just as I cannot believe all democrats are good, virtuous people. So I have to believe the fact that they allowed - even encouraged - him to be elected was just a giant miscalculation. I want to believe they failed to understand the enumerated factors and therefore failed to take heed of the storm clouds, just as in the hubris of the Andrea Gail. Otherwise, I'd have to believe in something far more sinister and my head would literally explode...

I think the truth is that they (both the party and the voters) chose to disregard an awful lot of stuff in order to further their (what I would call misguided) agenda - i.e., to replace and repeal health care (even though it's now become obvious that there was absolutely no plan), appoint conservative supreme court justices (to pass legislature more in line with their religious views), and tax reform (a traditional Republican promise). I think these were just seen as more important than the fact that they were voting in a sex offending narcissistic racist into the office of the presidency who would make a laughing stock of the country on the world stage, encourage the rise of Neo-Naziism and various racial, religious, and gender related hate crimes, and likely lead the world into nuclear war. I don't think this was a miscalculation. I think they just thought that these other issues were more important. I also think they lied to themselves when doing it to make it more palatable (He will become presidential. It will be different. The rest of the party will keep him in line. It's for the greater good. I can ignore the fact that he's not a good man so long as he does good works...).

And as for the Republican Party itself - I think this was just a power grab. They wanted power regardless of the cost. You can see that in the way that they have reacted to each and every gross and disgusting thing that has happened. They say that they don't condone it, but they continue to support it because it means that they continue to be in power. At any cost. I don't actually think that they care about governing the country in a way that takes care of your citizenry - I think they only care about staying voted in. That's been obvious in almost every policy decision and every moral decision that they have been faced with since I started paying attention to US politics when Obama was voted in. The obstructionist policies of the Republican Party weren't about working to make the US a better place for everyone who lives there...it was about power - getting it and keeping it and pandering to the lowest common denominator to do it. Sadly, I don't imagine anyone is going to resign from Trump's cabinet or the party as a result of any of this. If sexual assault wasn't enough, white supremacy won't be either.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also think that this might be a wake up call to the fact that (unlike other democratic countries), the US doesn't really have a great system in place to check the power of the president.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I have to say that I'm feeling just incredibly sick over the general state of basically anything to do with the federal government.

I do think we are edging closer to a tipping point, though. Anyone else think so?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to say that I'm feeling just incredibly sick over the general state of basically anything to do with the federal government.

I do think we are edging closer to a tipping point, though. Anyone else think so?

I certainly hope so... but Pubs who still want to have their agendas fulfilled with have to turn against him to make that happen and there are dangers in that if enough of them don't do it. Being the lone wolf (or one of a few wolves) who turn/s could cost them dearly if Pvss Grab remains in office and they are now The Enemy. I've come to the realization that 99% of politicians are afraid of their own shadows, let alone a Twitter lambasting, or worse. And the ones that aren't afraid are either in their last term or toting around a brain tumor. (Absolutely no disrespect meant to John M. with that statement -- he's now in a position to do what's right no matter what, and I hope he continues to.) The point I'm making (obscure as it may be) is that I think they will need to turn against him en masse or it won't happen.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I certainly hope so... but Pubs who still want to have their agendas fulfilled with have to turn against him to make that happen and there are dangers in that if enough of them don't do it. Being the lone wolf (or one of a few wolves) who turn/s could cost them dearly if Pvss Grab remains in office and they are now The Enemy. I've come to the realization that 99% of politicians are afraid of their own shadows, let alone a Twitter lambasting, or worse. And the ones that aren't afraid are either in their last term or toting around a brain tumor. (Absolutely no disrespect meant to John M. with that statement -- he's now in a position to do what's right no matter what, and I hope he continues to.) The point I'm making (obscure as it may be) is that I think they will need to turn against him en masse or it won't happen.

Oh I absolutely agree that politicians are always looking out for their own skins first.

I'm slightly encouraged lately though because it seems like we're starting to see some cracks in the facade. The health care vote debacle/McCain thing was huge; we are seeing Repubs becoming bolder with their negative words to and about Trump (example: Jeff Flake); we have the CEOs on his panels fleeing like rats off a sinking ship; and now *finally* his racist attitude has actually started to cause problems for him (worldwide, going by replies from other world leaders!) whereas previously his racism always got downplayed and overlooked. Charlottesville has finally succeeded in putting a harsh spotlight on this massive moral failure of his (though I frankly can't believe it's taken this long).

All of these things are starting to add up... and I didn't even include Russiagate or his terrible track record of constantly shuffling staff in and out the door (the CEO thing is different IMO).

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I think we are seeing some early signs of an eventual turn in the tide. Fingers crossed!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, I agree. I think that unless Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell and Mike Pence and whoever the current leader of the RNC is (I can't remember who replaced Reince Priebus when he left to become Trump's chief of staff) all band together to mobilize the Republican party *as a whole* nothing will happen. And it would still be risky as it would alienate a good chunk of Trump's base, and would probably mean that a good many Republican senators and members of congress would lose their jobs in upcoming elections. I've come to learn that most politicians (regardless of political party or country that they serve in) are more interested in securing their own political future than doing what might be an unpopular, but right thing. The exceptions are the ones who are not seeking re-election.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Total aside: The Blue Angels are practicing for the air and water show this weekend and they just flew right by my window (I'm on the 56th floor of a building in the corner). I swear to god for a second I was afraid we were under siege. My thought was, "What the fvck has he done now?!"

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 12.28.39 PM.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results