shape
carat
color
clarity

Tweets from a lunatic

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mr. I Need To Gather All The Facts Before I Can Make A Statement about the Charlottesville abomination was on twitter so fast over the Barcelona tragedy that I'm not sure the van had even come to a stop before Cheeto Von Tweeto was tiny hand typing.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mr. I Need To Gather All The Facts Before I Can Make A Statement about the Charlottesville abomination was on twitter so fast over the Barcelona tragedy that I'm not sure the van had even come to a stop before Cheeto Von Tweeto was tiny hand typing.

That's because he was sure the terrorism in Europe wasn't caused by any Nazis he might risk offending.

AGBF
:read:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't see Trump ever resigning. I wish I could think this was a possibility as it would do wonders for my mental health and my blood pressure.

I don't believe the Republicans or his staff will turn on Trump. He is acting exactly like he acted while campaigning. Why would they bail on him now? Republicans didn't even have the balls to say he needs to go after watching what happened in Charlottesville. A few send a tweet saying they don't agree but they won't try to stop him. They don't care about the country. They only care about advancing their careers. They have no integrity.

Today when someone drove a car into a group of people in Barcelona it is called terrorism. The same thing happened in Charlottesville and Trump refuses to call it domestic terrorism.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few send a tweet saying they don't agree but they won't try to stop him. They don't care about the country. They only care about advancing their careers. They have no integrity.
This is what I don't understand. How can aligning yourself along with 1/3 of the voters to a narcissistic madman advance one's career. Neither the Dems, Libertarians, or as yet to be named new party is stepping up to derail them.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Honestly y'all are probably right. Even giving republicans a hint of credit is too much. Case in point:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/gop-voters-siding-trump-latest-222411981.html

Snip:

The poll, conducted by Morning Consult, found that 52% of Republican voters said Trump is looking out for Republicans' best interests, while just 25% said McConnell was. Asked who is more in touch with Republican voters, 60% said Trump while just 16% said McConnell. In terms of who is more trustful, 57% said Trump and 14% said McConnell.

Even on policy itself, 41% said Trump, a political neophyte, is more knowledgeable. For McConnell, 34% of respondents said the Kentucky Republican who has served in the Senate for more than three decades is more knowledgeable than Trump on policy.

IMG_5486.PNG

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I mean obviously McConnell is the devil disguised as a half/turtle half/man, but he does have actual DECADES of political knowledge while Trump has almost none.

Maybe if I bashed my head into a brick wall repeatedly, I could start seeing the world the same way Trump supporters do?

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
This is what I don't understand. How can aligning yourself along with 1/3 of the voters to a narcissistic madman advance one's career. Neither the Dems, Libertarians, or as yet to be named new party is stepping up to derail them.

In terms of White House staffers, the position still carries some prestige even if the current occupant is deemed toxic.

Trump needs to form an independent party so he can cannibalize the Republicans (and vice versa) the way the liberal 3rd Party candidates do with Democrats.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe if I bashed my head into a brick wall repeatedly, I could start seeing the world the same way Trump supporters do?[/QUOTE]

@katharath. I doubt bashing your head into a brick wall repeatedly will help. Sorry honey, you have that moral compass thing going on LOL. That damn compass kind of makes it impossible to bury your head in the sand when you know something is just plain wrong. If it makes you feel any better you are loved here because you have a moral compass.
:wavey:

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Maybe if I bashed my head into a brick wall repeatedly, I could start seeing the world the same way Trump supporters do?

@katharath. I doubt bashing your head into a brick wall repeatedly will help. Sorry honey, you have that moral compass thing going on LOL. That damn compass kind of makes it impossible to bury your head in the sand when you know something is just plain wrong. If it makes you feel any better you are loved here because you have a moral compass.
:wavey:[/QUOTE]

Well, your kind words make me feel better, so I certainly appreciate them :).

I remain thankful to all of you in this thread - you all continue to help me retain my sanity in these crazy times. This place is truly a valued outlet for me.

(ETA - sorry for the odd quote situation in my post - not sure what's going on).

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Joe Scarborough was quoting The Bible on "Morning Joe" (MSNBC) this morning while giving a scalding lecture to Evangelical Christians. Anyone who missed that should see if he can find it on tape somewhere. It was wonderful! I will take a quick look around to see if it is readily available. It may not be. It isn't really "sexy". But it appealed to me and I know it would appeal to a few of you, too!

Deb/AGBF :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn't find today's episode of "Morning Joe" or a clip of a part of it with Joe Scarborough quoting The Bible. I did, however, watch the entire monologue from a Stephen Colbert show taped after Trump made his comments about the Nazis in Charlottesville. It was so brilliant that I had to share it here. He is really better than I remembered.

AGBF

Stephen Colbert on Trump and The Nazis...

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_0056.JPG .

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
THRILLED that Bannon is now out of the WH. He is a horrible human being and white supremacist, so this makes me happy. Obviously not Trump's decision, so I assume an angry tweet-storm will ensue.

But between Bannon being ousted, the arts counsel all resigning, and one of the Evangelical counsel resigning, today was a decent day.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I spent a long time listening to the videotape of Colbert (with clips of Trump) to which I posted a link above in an effort to transcribe some of my favorite parts accurately. Then I found a website in which the entire show had already been transcribed! here are the parts I wanted to excerpt.

Trump (actual footage shown):

You had a group on one side and you had a group on the other. … But there is another side. … I think there’s blame on both sides. And I have no doubt about it, and you don’t have any doubt about it either.

Colbert:

The only thing I’m doubting right now is whether you’re going to be president on Friday. Because what the hell are you talking about? “You know, one side hates minorities, the other side hates people who hate minorities. Okay? Two sides. All right? It’d just like D-Day. Remember D-Day? Two sides. Allies and the Nazis. There was a lot of violence on both sides, okay? Ruined a beautiful beach. Coulda been a golf course. Coulda been a great sand trap.”

And when reporters asked the president about the white supremacist alt-right, Trump quickly turned the tables:

Trump: What about the alt-left, that came charging at the, as you say, the alt-right? Do they have any semblance of guilt?

Colbert:

First of all, sir, the opposite of alt-right isn’t the alt-left, it’s the “not-Nazis.” But he was quick to point out that not everybody in the crowd were neo-Nazis:

Trump: All of those people—excuse me—I’ve condemned neo-Nazis. I’ve condemned many different groups. But not all of those people were neo-Nazis, believe me. Not all of those people were white supremacists.

Colbert:
That’s right, some of them were anti-Semites. It was very diverse.

Check out the transcript if you don't want to take the time to watch the video!

Transcript...http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat...kes_on_trump_s_terrible_press_conference.html

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joe Scarborough was quoting The Bible on "Morning Joe" (MSNBC) this morning while giving a scalding lecture to Evangelical Christians.

I finally found a clip of what Joe Scarborough said. Here is a link to it. This was just yesterday morning. Neither the transcript nor the audio gives the complete text of what Joe said, however. It was quite good. It was very much an anti-Nazi and anti-hate speech and a call to action aimed at Evangelical Christians who have been silent and not Christian in the way Joe was brought up..

August 18, 2017...http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/18/msnbcs-joe-scarborough-delivers-sermon-on-jesus-to-rebuke-trump/

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^Some people on social media were speculating that he meant "heil" and others noted it took a half hour before the typo was corrected. Putz, schmuck. Pond scum is more intelligent.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock

Maybe he means "heel" as in the dog command. That might be giving Trump credit for subtlety he doesn't have...Most likely a misspelling.

George Takei on Twitter :clap:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whataya bet nothing happens to his eyes and we'll have to hear about FAKE SCIENCE as well as FAKE NEWS ad nauseam, or worse, that he has the BEST EYES of anyone on the planet, the BEST EYES :rolleyes:
Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 2.29.59 PM.png

E B

Ideal_Rock
This rally is Peak Trump. 45 minutes and counting of *just* bitching at the media. He doesn't have Hillary anymore, and his party's running the show (and so well! :lol:), so he needs an enemy.

This is stupid and dangerous. And it's only going to get worse.

Reactions: t-c

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lately, even the few Trump supporters I know are scuttling off in their well deserved shame.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are lucky Elliott. I know people who still support this jerk and continue to make excuses for him. SMDH

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results