shape
carat
color
clarity

Tweets from a lunatic

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sometimes find it hard to remember which of the threads had something about Trump that made me want to post a follow-up. This is a follow-up to all the discussions about Trump's wacky handshakes; lack of a courteous handshake with Chancellor Merkel; and the shoving of the prime minister of Montenegro. There is no news in it it, but I found it amusing. There was just something funny about the way Frank Bruni summed things up.

Link...https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/26/...-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region&_r=0

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting this Deb. Why are the people who voted for him (or support him while never admitting to voting for him) not cringing when they see this. I'm assuming Fox News is also broadcasting these same news clips. Why are they not as embarrassed as we are? There is nothing presidential about Trump.

Will someone please get this fool off twitter.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He needs to stay on Twitter to continue to provide evidence of his illegitimacy for the office he holds. There is, imo, no acceptable reason for allowing anyone to hide that he is inept. He provides evidence against himself in his tweets. I want them to stay a matter of public record.

And speaking of illegitimacy, I like this article -- "It may be time to disobey the commander in chief"
https://www.vox.com/the-big-idea/20...ump-presidency-resist-corruption-constitution

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are so many gems in this subreddit that I can't pick just one or even a few pictures to post, so I'll leave this link here. Updated all the time, a place to visit that's sure to evoke a smirk, smile, chuckle or guffaw any time things seem like they are going sideways!

https://www.reddit.com/r/TinyTrumps/

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I've been too discouraged to post much, I guess I'm just feeling the fatigue from having an idiot as president.
I haven't been posting much either. Just over four months into this shit show and I am so over.....I don't even know the word for what I am. Watched Sam B, and two weeks of John Oliver last night, and it felt good to just laugh about it, instead of being just horrified and embarrassed. I've been busy riding my bike, walking in the mornings, reading my photography book and taking photos, cooking and trying to tone down my consumption of news, but every day it continues with more "breaking news" or some something else that is unbelievable. This tweet I saw the other day summed it up quite nicely: "what the f#ck o'clock came early today."

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
I've been away so have not kept up with the goings-on, but this came through my newsfeed. I believe we had previously discussed the cost of presidential trips. Below are excerpts; I thought the last line was interesting.

http://www.npr.org/2017/05/28/53019...cret-service-lawmakers-try-to-give-extra-supp

As Trump Lifestyle Takes Toll On Secret Service, Lawmakers Try To Give Extra Support
..."It is hard enough when the president and his wife and children all live in the White House together and take an occasional trip to Camp David," said Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y. "But what we have seen from this administration is unprecedented."

Nadler spoke Wednesday night during a meeting of the House Judiciary Committee, which approved by voice vote a bipartisan measure that removes a $200,000 cap on how much money the Service can spend to protect the president at his weekend homes — a figure fully divorced from reality.

The president's travels — as well as his world-hopping adult children who also have a Secret Service detail — are taking a toll on the men and women who protect the Trump family...
The Trump administration's budget does boost funding for the Service, including money for more agents and officers. There's also $25.7 million allocated for security related expenses at Trump Tower, where first lady Melania and their son Barron continue to live.

Some of that money, $6.3 million, is for rent and utilities the Service would pay Trump.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been too discouraged to post much, I guess I'm just feeling the fatigue from having an idiot as president.
I feel the same way and it scares me because it's part of the cheeto dumb-as-a-fox strategy. Get us so tired and fed up with the BS that we get careless and fail to notice until it's too late that we have a regime in charge rather than a democratic government.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Statement from Hope Hicks, the WH Director of Strategic Communications:
"President Trump has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him,” Hope Hicks, a White House spokeswoman, said.... “He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000. He has built great relationships throughout his life and treats everyone with respect. He is brilliant with a great sense of humor . . . and an amazing ability to make people feel special and aspire to be more than even they thought possible.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...c9d5c0-417a-11e7-9869-bac8b446820a_story.html

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He needs to shut up and stay off Twitter. Why is it that there are no republicans on here talking about his healthcare plan?

Last edited:

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I feel the same way and it scares me because it's part of the cheeto dumb-as-a-fox strategy. Get us so tired and fed up with the BS that we get careless and fail to notice until it's too late that we have a regime in charge rather than a democratic government.

Thank you for that reminder. We must remain vigilant.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The orange orb is a global laughing stock
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/335591-nordic-leaders-troll-trump-orb-photo

From Dan Rather's FB page
Dan Rather
1 hr ·
President Barack Obama was mercilessly ridiculed by Republicans for his supposed strategy of "leading from behind." There is a lot of legitimate criticism with which one can debate President Obama's tenure in office, particularly his foreign policy. There are strong arguments to be made for and against his efforts and ultimately history will have to help us sort it out.

But as I watched President Trump stumble his way through his recent trip through Europe, I couldn't help but think how hypocritical and hollow those criticisms were. Leading from behind? Tell that to the climate which President Trump and his GOP allies seem determined to pollute when almost every other nation on Earth is leading in the opposite direction. (Recent news shows how India is turning from coal to renewables, and China as well) Leading from behind? As Mr. Trump cozies up to Vladimir Putin it is up to France's new president Emmanuel Macron to lay out the case for democracy and human rights, you know the kind of speeches that President Reagan used to make. Leading from behind? Our friends in Europe used to respect the United States and join us in strengthening a world order. Now Germany's chancellor Angela Merkel says Germany can't trust us. And why should she? Most of Europe agrees with her.

Mr. Trump is praising murderous despots like Rodrigo Duterte, the President of the Philippines, and literally pushing his way past the leaders of Europe as he preens on the world stage. Our enemies and allies are taking the mark of a man for whom they have little respect. So far, most of Mr. Trump's allies in Congress seem to fiddle as our foreign policy burns.

Whatever you thought of the president of the United States in previous administrations, there was no doubt that he was the leader of the free world. But today there is a serious vacuum coming out of Washington - on both the leadership and the free world part. The world is rushing to figure out what this means. I think new leaders will rise in response to the challenge, both here and overseas. In the meantime we spin the wheel of fate without a moral or strategic compass guiding our ship of state.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
The orange orb is a global laughing stock
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/335591-nordic-leaders-troll-trump-orb-photo

From Dan Rather's FB page
Dan Rather
1 hr ·
President Barack Obama was mercilessly ridiculed by Republicans for his supposed strategy of "leading from behind." There is a lot of legitimate criticism with which one can debate President Obama's tenure in office, particularly his foreign policy. There are strong arguments to be made for and against his efforts and ultimately history will have to help us sort it out.

But as I watched President Trump stumble his way through his recent trip through Europe, I couldn't help but think how hypocritical and hollow those criticisms were. Leading from behind? Tell that to the climate which President Trump and his GOP allies seem determined to pollute when almost every other nation on Earth is leading in the opposite direction. (Recent news shows how India is turning from coal to renewables, and China as well) Leading from behind? As Mr. Trump cozies up to Vladimir Putin it is up to France's new president Emmanuel Macron to lay out the case for democracy and human rights, you know the kind of speeches that President Reagan used to make. Leading from behind? Our friends in Europe used to respect the United States and join us in strengthening a world order. Now Germany's chancellor Angela Merkel says Germany can't trust us. And why should she? Most of Europe agrees with her.

Mr. Trump is praising murderous despots like Rodrigo Duterte, the President of the Philippines, and literally pushing his way past the leaders of Europe as he preens on the world stage. Our enemies and allies are taking the mark of a man for whom they have little respect. So far, most of Mr. Trump's allies in Congress seem to fiddle as our foreign policy burns.

Whatever you thought of the president of the United States in previous administrations, there was no doubt that he was the leader of the free world. But today there is a serious vacuum coming out of Washington - on both the leadership and the free world part. The world is rushing to figure out what this means. I think new leaders will rise in response to the challenge, both here and overseas. In the meantime we spin the wheel of fate without a moral or strategic compass guiding our ship of state.

It is painful and frightening to read that, because I believe it is true.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think more than half the country feels as Dan Rather does.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Statement from Hope Hicks, the WH Director of Strategic Communications:
"President Trump has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him,” Hope Hicks, a White House spokeswoman, said.... “He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000. He has built great relationships throughout his life and treats everyone with respect. He is brilliant with a great sense of humor . . . and an amazing ability to make people feel special and aspire to be more than even they thought possible.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...c9d5c0-417a-11e7-9869-bac8b446820a_story.html

I'll have some of what Ms. Hicks is smoking, please.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump Big League Boxes -- delivered to you monthly, starting in June, for just $69/mo. :knockout:

Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 9.16.33 PM.png

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_1781.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The tweet above -- and a slew of others -- are in response to...

IMG_1782.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results