shape
carat
color
clarity

Tweets from a lunatic

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
His Easter tweets were just lovely. More idiocy.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
His Easter tweets were just lovely. More idiocy.
I love when he tweets something inappropriate, realizes it, and then tweets something like happy easter everyone, oh and please ignore that inappropriate previous post.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:D
Screen Shot 2017-04-17 at 7.54.45 AM.png

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Court Upholds $300,000 Fine After Trump Refuses to Pay Miami Paint Store
THURSDAY, APRIL 13, 2017 AT 12:39 P.M.
BY JERRY IANNELLI

Donald Trump is so rich. Big-league (bigly?) wealthy. So wonderfully wealthy that he apparently owes a Miami paint store $300,000 for work at his Trump National Doral Miami resort. So wealthy he's been fighting not to pay that $300,000 since last year. So wealthy that his lawyers officially lost an appeal yesterday and now he's gotta pay that $300,000 or try to appeal all the way to the Florida Supreme Court.

Yes, the president of the United States of America, the leader of the free world, the single most powerful human being on Planet Earth, a man who recently bombed Syria on a whim, lost a fight over a few thousand dollars' worth of paint supplies.

Yesterday Miami's Third District Court of Appeal ruled that Trump Endeavor 12 LLC, which owns Trump National, owes the cash to a local store called the Paint Spot, which has been fighting to get money out of Trump since 2013. (Perhaps this is why a few of the president's latest budget proposals seem designed to let Miami sink into the rising ocean.)

According to court records, Trump agreed to pay the Paint Spot, which supplies Benjamin Moore paint, $200,000 for supplies to help renovate the Lodge at Trump Doral. But, Trump being Trump, in 2013 he simply decided he had "paid enough" of the contract and wouldn't fork over the last $32,535.87 he owed.

It's a classic Trump move: He and his companies have been sued literally thousands of times, often for simply deciding that he no longer felt like paying prearranged sums to small companies and construction contractors.

So, in 2014, Circuit Court Judge Jorge Cueto slapped a lien on the entire Trump Doral resort and ordered the then-not-president to fork over cash or face a June 2016 foreclosure sale on one of his most-valued properties. In another classically Trumpian move, he persuaded the judge to cancel the foreclosure proceedings after he placed the $34,000 into an escrow account, according to Jose Lambiet. But, naturally, Trump still refused to actually give that money to the Paint Spot.

In July, Judge Cueto ruled that Trump owed the Paint Spot both the money he'd stiffed the company on and $282,949 in attorney's fees. Trump filed an appeal. Through a series of convoluted, arcane filings, Trump's lawyers argued that the Paint Spot had technically filed a lien on the wrong subcontractor at Trump Doral.

Yesterday Miami's Court of Appeal ruled that Trump's claim was technically accurate and that the Paint Spot had, in fact, served the wrong party with a notice to owner (NTO). But the court then simply ruled that state laws say this error didn't actually matter because the Trump company was aware of the lien regardless.

"We further hold that Trump failed to establish that it was adversely affected by the error contained in the NTO," the ruling says. "We also affirm the final judgment awarding attorney’s fees."

So now, the president of the United States of America, whose sons now technically run his companies, will be forced to either admit he got beat by a tiny Miami paint company or will need to file a whole appeal to the Florida Supreme Court over $32,000 in paint. Good thing he "became president"

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/d...rump-national-doral-miami-golf-course-9275404

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad she nudged him. It is just as bad as saluting with a coffee cup.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd rather have had Chump put his hand over his heart with a coffee cup that not do it at all until he was reminded.

Edited to put the P in ChumP (so to speak).

Last edited:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry Dee both actions by both presidents are very disrespectful.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't say they weren't, but as I stated I personally would rather see someone salute with something in his hand than be otherwise oblivious and fail to honor our nation at all -- the nation he is the current leader of -- until his wife reminded him to do so.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd rather have had Chump put his hand over his heart with a coffee cup that not do it at all until he was reminded.

Edited to put the P in ChumP (so to speak).
He doesn't have a heart.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He should be placing his hand over his wallet.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to look up "Melania Trump" and "impeccable manners" to understand the allusion above. It started me on an entire train of thought. Hearing Melania referred to as "The First Lady" and seeing disrespectful remarks made about her on different websites (not this one) just made me think about her position.

I feel that she really doesn't appear to be The First Lady, not a "real" First Lady or a "true" First lady and that the reason for that is that Donald Trump has never treated her as more than a trophy wife. Her not moving into The White House hasn't helped this.

I feel that the fact that we all know that Donald Trump has forced Melania to sign a prenuptial agreement, as he has had all his wives, and that she is his third wife makes her seem like a temporary acquisition with which he can dispose at any time. I see the way he sent out her photo to compare with Heidi Cruz' photo as a way to advertise what he would bring to the presidency with this commodity he owned. He treats her like a Stepford wife who gets shown off at parties, but one never sees or hears of real discussions or affection between them the way there has been between other presidents and their wives. Maybe this is the way it works with trophy wives and she is a trophy wife. But US presidents don't tend to have trophy wives and I am not used to seeing this out in the open. It makes me sad.

Someone is going to say it isn't true. And, indeed, it may not be true. I have no way of knowing. I certainly hope it is not. I saw how sad she looked when Trump appeared to rebuke her on Inauguration Day. He appears to love Ivanka very much, so I am assuming that he loves Barron greatly. I still feel sad.

AGBF

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Phone call from a maniac.

Despite the State Department concern about irregularities in Turkey's referendum vote on Sunday (one that will bring Turkey's leader closer to authoritarian rule) Trump calls Ergodan to congratulate him on the referendum victory. Huh??!! Does the USA support authoritarian rule these days?

Here is State Dept statement
IMG_5323.jpg

While house statement
IMG_5322.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I had to look up "Melania Trump" and "impeccable manners" to understand the allusion above. It started me on an entire train of thought. Hearing Melania referred to as "The First Lady" and seeing disrespectful remarks made about her on different websites (not this one) just made me think about her position.

I feel that she really doesn't appear to be The First Lady, not a "real" First Lady or a "true" First lady and that the reason for that is that Donald Trump has never treated her as more than a trophy wife. Her not moving into The White House hasn't helped this.

I feel that the fact that we all know that Donald Trump has forced Melania to sign a prenuptial agreement, as he has had all his wives, and that she is his third wife makes her seem like a temporary acquisition with which he can dispose at any time. I see the way he sent out her photo to compare with Heidi Cruz' photo as a way to advertise what he would bring to the presidency with this commodity he owned. He treats her like a Stepford wife who gets shown off at parties, but one never sees or hears of real discussions or affection between them the way there has been between other presidents and their wives. Maybe this is the way it works with trophy wives and she is a trophy wife. But US presidents don't tend to have trophy wives and I am not used to seeing this out in the open. It makes me sad.

Someone is going to say it isn't true. And, indeed, it may not be true. I have no way of knowing. I certainly hope it is not. I saw how sad she looked when Trump appeared to rebuke her on Inauguration Day. He appears to love Ivanka very much, so I am assuming that he loves Barron greatly. I still feel sad.

AGBF

I agree so much with your post, Deb.

Their relationship is vastly different than we are used to seeing in a president and his wife, that is for sure. The Obamas are a natural barometer for comparison; it's impossible not to compare! With the Obamas you can really see a marriage of equals - two highly intelligent, educated people who clearly love and respect each other greatly. We've seen this for 8 years, so to get what we have now with the Trumps really is, as you said, sad.

Before the Obamas we had the Bush family, and Laura Bush and W still seem, to me, to be a couple who love, care about, and respect each other. Same with his dad and Barbara - they have a long term, seemingly happy marriage. Even the Clintons remain married, with everything Bill put her through in the 90s. Actually, I think the Clintons are an interesting couple. My personal perception is that they respect and like each other very much; while they don't seem to be the most affectionate couple, I do think they care a great deal about each other. It seems to be a more mental connection than a physical one, if that makes sense. I only vaguely recall the Reagan years (I was young ;-) ) but he and Nancy had a respectable, committed relationship as far as I could see.

So those are the example we have just in recent memory, and no - the Trumps don't seem to be in the same league. Frankly they seem to care nothing for each other, and why should we expect more from a man who treats marriage/commitment like it's a joke? I'm not a religious person at all, so the idea of divorce doesn't scandalize me, lol. I do think that marriage is something to take seriously, though.
And a man who has acknowledged cheating on every wife he's ever had (and who has had three of them, with massive age differences to boot) is not a man who respects the idea of marriage. This is not a man who respects women at all, let's not kid ourselves. Otherwise he wouldn't treat them as a disposable commodity.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I watch Fox, but when he came on, I switched to CNN. I found him unwatchable, embarrassing, and way over the top, and am also glad he is gone.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

AGBF

Trump is hardly the only President to be unfaithful to his wife. I googled and read that many others were, especially JFK, Truman, and Clinton.

If Hillary had won, would you be saying the same about how she put up with a lot of carp from Bill. JMO, but a even a President's personal life, and especially his marriage, should not be our business, especially when it is mere conjecture based on a look in a photo.

An example - an outsider observing my husband and I would think we hated each other. We are not touchy feely in public, do not converse that much over dinner, and in a mall or store go our separate ways based on our interests. We are both very independent and do not need to hang all over each other as we go about our day.

Like I said in another thread, my husband has walked in a door ahead of me practically letting it close on me. But when the sh8t hits the fan he always has my back, especially in this latest crisis with my kitty. He took the day off from work so he could drive me to the emergency hospital with him, and took yesterday off so we did not have to leave kitty alone when I could not get the day because of lack of backup.

Every marriage is different, so what looks awkward to some may be perfect for another couple. As for the affairs, Hillary obviously forgave Bill so -----

Last edited:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
How do we know it was his day off? Just because the replacement host said so. Sounds like he may have already been on suspension?

SMC

Ideal_Rock
How do we know it was his day off? Just because the replacement host said so. Sounds like he may have already been on suspension?
Bill said he was going on vacation (may have been a forced vacation): http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/bill-oreilly-fox-news-sexual-harassment-2-1202027269/
"...he told viewers during the last few minutes of his “O’Reilly Factor” broadcast on Tuesday night that he would take a few days off as part of a pre-planned vacation even as controversy swirled around him. He explained that he often takes vacation around the start of spring. “We all need R&R. Put it to good use,” he told viewers. He is expected to return to the air April 24."

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump is hardly the only President to be unfaithful to his wife.

You are absolutely right about the infidelity issue, ruby. I also agree with you that every marriage is different. I totally agree with you that we are not all cut from the same cloth. In my opinion, what makes some novels great is that the authors can paint portraits of love that is not always silky and smooth, but rough edges, love like that which you described existed between your husband and you. That kind of love runs deep, however. FDR was not faithful to Eleanor Roosevelt and it broke her heart, but no one would deny the bond between them. He said she was "his eyes and ears" during World War II when he was in a wheelchair and could (and did) get on a small, cold plane carrying only a typewriter as luggage so that she could tell him what was happening.

My point was that I do not see any semblance of a relationship between Donald and Melania Trump. Katharath's post describes my feelings well. But I take your point, too. I do not know the couple intimately and even if I did, I would not be a party to the marriage.

Deb :wavey:

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
Well, Trump's tweet has now brought on a lawsuit.

Trump's Wiretap Tweets Bring Lawsuit Seeking Proof
by Peter Overby

A group of liberal lawyers is suing the Justice Department and FBI over President Trump's tweeted allegation of wiretapping ordered by then-President Barack Obama.

American Oversight is demanding records that support or disprove Trump's March 4 tweet, "Just found out that Obama had my 'wires tapped' in Trump Tower."

Austin Evers, the group's director, told NPR, "We can get a straight, factual answer in the courts, by asking an unspinnable question: Do you have records to support the president's tweets?"

Besides the tweet, Trump has talked about the wiretap claim, while FBI Director James Comey told the House Intelligence Committee in open session that his agency had "no information" about such alleged wiretaps. The lawsuit cites those public discussions to argue that the records are no longer classified.

American Oversight sued after the Justice Department rejected, and the FBI ignored, its Freedom of Information Act requests.

In a second case also filed Wednesday, American Oversight demands records in the evolving story of Russian interference in the presidential campaign. It seeks records on White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus' communications with the FBI regarding Russian contacts with Trump associates and the campaign.

And it seeks Attorney General Jeff Sessions' list of foreign contacts, which he would have filed before his Senate confirmation hearing. That was the hearing where Sessions failed to recall meetings with the Russian ambassador to the U.S. The lawsuit says the list "would address a significant question regarding the integrity of a senior government official."

Asked for comment about either lawsuit, the White House referred NPR to the Justice Department.

Organized this winter, American Oversight is a group that includes former Obama administration lawyers and is using FOIA to monitor the performance and conduct of Trump administration agencies. Wednesday's lawsuits are the first, but Evers said more than 100 FOIA requests have been submitted.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Anyone can file a lawsuit. Even the woman from McDonalds who put a hot cup of coffee between her legs while driving and then wondered why she was scalded when it spilled on her.

The courts are over run by frivolous lawsuits.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone can file a lawsuit. Even the woman from McDonalds who put a hot cup of coffee between her legs while driving and then wondered why she was scalded when it spilled on her.

The courts are over run by frivolous lawsuits.

I treasure the discussions in which people relive this lawsuit. They always provide great intellectual stimulation and invariably encourage a collegial atmosphere.

Deb

katharath

Ideal_Rock
IMG_4878.JPG How *sickening* this is. It makes me feel ill. The Beverly Hillbillies are up in the White House, y'all! Deplorable remains such an appropriate word for anyone connected to and supportive of our trash POS "president".

Link and snip:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/04/20/us/politics/sarah-palin-kid-rock-ted-nugent-white-house.html

"Mr. Nugent said one member of the group — he wouldn’t say who — asked the three to extend their middle fingers beneath the portrait. “I politely declined,” he said. “Let the juxtaposition speak for itself.”

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Kathara, you are really going too far here.

Just because these 3 did something childish that makes the President and the people who voted for him POSes. and deplorable.

Grow up!

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
You want to see disgusting, try watching a pre school Palestinian girl saying she would take a knife and stab Jews.

And parents are rewarded if their sons are killed based on how many Jews they were able to kill.

Watch the news about how there was another terrorist attack in France today that killed a policeman and 3 other innocent people. How many does that make in France alone, never mind Syria and Russia.

And thanks to Obama's inactivity:

Be concerned about the nut in North Korea who is losing it by the day.

And of course there is that other wacko in Syria.

And Iran and Obama's stupid deal with them.

Read about how on Berkeley College once again they are taking away the freedom of speech for people to speak there.

And how thanks to overly liberal colleges, many students are losing their ability to cope with the real world.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results