shape
carat
color
clarity

Tweets from a lunatic

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Well that's EXCELLENT Rubes, because PS just wouldn't be the same for me without you to play with! :wavey: Don't EVER leave because I get more absolute humor from your posts that any other, and god knows a good laugh is always a welcome thing. Like yesterday when you said that Cheeto von Tweeto had a good week -- I'll be chuckling over THAT one for a looooong time!

So now you are calling me names as well. Well that is OK my adorable pixie. If I ever did leave here it would not be because of the feisty conversations.

If I wanted people to agree with me I would talk to a mirror.

As far as you having a good laugh, well I guess it is better than being called a bully who made you run for your safe space.

And speaking of safe spaces, did you see the college that is all up in arms about a check a fil opening up on their campus?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tech problem with last post. New mouse is JuMpY and submitted all on it's own!

So now you are calling me names as well. Well that is OK my adorable pixie. If I ever did leave here it would not be because of the feisty conversations.

If I wanted people to agree with me I would talk to a mirror.

As far as you having a good laugh, well I guess it is better than being called a bully who made you run for your safe space.

And speaking of safe spaces, did you see the college that is all up in arms about a check a fil opening up on their campus?

As for calling you names, I distinctly recall a long exchange with VL where you referred to him as Dumpling and Snookums. But actually Rubes isn't, to me, calling you a "name," it is calling you a NICK name. Yanno, like you do with people sometimes. I sometimes refer to PintoBean as Beanie for instance, and Katharath as Kath. Feel free to call me anything you like. I'll take adorable pixie! One of my best friends refers to me as Gidget or Gidgie. Sounded odd at first coming from a deep voiced 6'4" guy built like a linebacker but I've gotten quite used to it over the years. Any nicknames you PREFER? I'm happy to use them!

Regarding safe spaces, not for me. I'll take reality any day.

I don't know of (other than your post) this Chick Fil A thing, but I suppose the thing for those students to do is pull up their big kid Underoos and go eat somewhere else. And they should get their art supplies somewhere other than Hobby Lobby while they're at it.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And they should get their art supplies somewhere other than Hobby Lobby while they're at it.

As if Hobby Lobby had anything resembling art supplies anymore. They pretty much gave up on being a supplier of good quality artist supplies, several decades ago. They filled the space they emptied with cheap pseudo-rococo decorator crap from China.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Tech problem with last post. New mouse is JuMpY and submitted all on it's own!

As for calling you names, I distinctly recall a long exchange with VL where you referred to him as Dumpling and Snookums. But actually Rubes isn't, to me, calling you a "name," it is calling you a NICK name. Yanno, like you do with people sometimes. I sometimes refer to PintoBean as Beanie for instance, and Katharath as Kath. Feel free to call me anything you like. I'll take adorable pixie! One of my best friends refers to me as Gidget or Gidgie. Sounded odd at first coming from a deep voiced 6'4" guy built like a linebacker but I've gotten quite used to it over the years. Any nicknames you PREFER? I'm happy to use them!

Regarding safe spaces, not for me. I'll take reality any day.

I don't know of (other than your post) this Chick Fil A thing, but I suppose the thing for those students to do is pull up their big kid Underoos and go eat somewhere else. And they should get their art supplies somewhere other than Hobby Lobby while they're at it.

I assume you do know what the word rube means. But in your case if you took the time to give me a nickname then I will consider it a compliment.

When I saw your photo, adorable pixie came right to mind. You are a cutie.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
As if Hobby Lobby had anything resembling art supplies anymore. They pretty much gave up on being a supplier of good quality artist supplies, several decades ago. They filled the space they emptied with cheap pseudo-rococo decorator crap from China.

And not buying from them based on that reason, I 100% agree with you. Same with chick a fil for me as because of health reasons, I cannot eat it.

Their personal beliefs however are their own.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
And Dee Jay if you have a minute go back to that discussion with Vapid.

Paraphrased -

I am a nice enough person to speak with in line at Costco but not to have a discussion with here.

And he gave a scenario of my husband banging someone in Las Vegas.

Dumpling was handling him with kit gloves. You ladies would have been much more brutal if he spoke to you that way.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I assume you do know what the word rube means. But in your case if you took the time to give me a nickname then I will consider it a compliment.

When I saw your photo, adorable pixie came right to mind. You are a cutie.

Linguistic fail on my part for not considering all of the ways in which "rube" could be taken and I do apologize if you thought I was really calling you that in its literal context. I will confess that I DO know what "rube" means, but in this case I just made a variation on your name Ruby and didn't think about rube being a negative word. Not my intent -- I promise.

And thank you for the lovely comment! Being "cute" can cut both ways. I can't tell you the number of times I've been underestimated in the business world because of that ("Oh look -- isn't our Chief Compliance Officer *cute*?!), and being five feet tall certainly does't help.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Were they?
No, they weren't. The reason this was newsworthy is because the race was DEEEEEP in GOP country--an incredibly red state and area. The fact that the race was close at all (vs. a landslide) even though the Dems didn't spend tons of $$ on the race was taken to mean that people are pretty dang disappointed in Trump and his empty promises.

This is just another example of Chump saying random lies on twitter and people believing them.

Reactions: E B

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
But he won. And democrats were predicting he would not which would show that Trump was losing support.
No, they weren't. The reason this was newsworthy is because the race was DEEEEEP in GOP country--an incredibly red state and area. The fact that the race was close at all (vs. a landslide) even though the Dems didn't spend tons of $$ on the race was taken to mean that people are pretty dang disappointed in Trump and his empty promises.

This is just another example of Chump saying random lies on twitter and people believing them.
Lovedogs, I know they weren't. :) That was in response to Ruby who said they were in replying to my posting of that tweet. I guess I was hoping Ruby would tell me where she got the idea that they were.

Must get back to watching this press conference..so far I have learned the world's a crazy mess and DJT is gonna fix it all.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Lovedogs, I know they weren't. :) That was in response to Ruby who said they were in replying to my posting of that tweet. I guess I was hoping Ruby would tell me where she got the idea that they were.

Must get back to watching this press conference..so far I have learned the world's a crazy mess and DJT is gonna fix it all.

What happened to the alert button. I liked it. Its absence is why I dd not see the post to me.

But to answer your question. It is statement
But Mr. Estes overcame that deficit thanks to his strength in the more rural parts of the district and among Election Day voters. - from the NY Times I believe.

And I interpreted to mean that the people who supported Trump supported him.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
What happened to the alert button. I liked it. Its absence is why I dd not see the post to me.

But to answer your question. It is statement
But Mr. Estes overcame that deficit thanks to his strength in the more rural parts of the district and among Election Day voters. - from the NY Times I believe.

And I interpreted to mean that the people who supported Trump supported him.
The alert button was moved to the upper right hand corner. So do you mean it was just your opinion that the democrats were predicting Estes wouldn't win?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

haha sorry, I just wanted to answer so that the facts were out there (rather than nonsense). But I know you already understand :)

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
haha sorry, I just wanted to answer so that the facts were out there (rather than nonsense). But I know you already understand :)
No worries.. nonsense is the new normal. It's like every day is opposite day or ground hog day or god knows what day!:lol:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All these pesky foreign agents associated with the cheetotweetoPUSSYgrabber campaign. Coincidence?;-)
https://www.apnews.com/861959fa610147b49bc9d5f2b25a0ce8

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and his firm's work (all times local):
3:05 p.m.
President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman is registering as a foreign agent.

Paul Manafort's spokesman says he was in talks with the government about registering before the 2016 election and is now "taking appropriate steps" in response to "formal guidance" from the government.

The spokesman says Manafort's lobbying work was not conducted on behalf of the Russian government and began before Manafort started working with the Trump campaign.

It's unclear whether Trump was aware that Manafort was in talks with the government about registering before he hired him.

Michael Flynn, who was fired as White House national security adviser in February, has also had to register as a foreign agent for lobbying work he did with ties to Turkey.
__
12:49 p.m.
A Washington lobbying firm that worked under the direction of two former Trump campaign advisers has registered with the Justice Department as a foreign agent. The firm said its work could have benefited the Ukrainian government.

The Podesta Group's cited details of lobbying it performed from 2012 through 2014 on behalf of the European Centre for a Modern Ukraine. The firm reported being paid more than $1.2 million for the effort.

The disclosure follows reporting by the AP in August that the firm of former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and his deputy, Rick Gates, who served in a senior role in the Trump campaign, had overseen the lobbying effort. The effort sought to promote a pro-Russian Ukrainian political party's interests in Washington.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Were they?

Naw they weren't. There were reports (as I'm sure you know) where the democrat had an early lead and then the republicans went all out gonzo with money...

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Naw they weren't. There were reports (as I'm sure you know) where the democrat had an early lead and then the republicans went all out gonzo with money...
Hey kate,

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Oh shoot.. my typed message disappeared to you..lol see above :)

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
The alert button was moved to the upper right hand corner. So do you mean it was just your opinion that the democrats were predicting Estes wouldn't win?

We saw last night with Ron Estes’ relatively small margin of victory that President Trump is already hurting Republicans trying to win congressional elections. Did you expect such a small margin? What do you think it means for Republicans running in other upcoming elections?

No they knew it was an uphill battle, but they were hoping that a defeat or a slim margin would prove that Trump is losing voters.

And that is why I posted that comment from the New York times where they stated that the people who voted for Trump voted for Estes' so his base is still behind him.

As far as the alert button in the right hand corner, I still do not see it.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Hey kate,

Where did you see that? Do you mean polls before the election or exit polls afterwards.

And we know how accurate polls can be.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No worries.. nonsense is the new normal. It's like every day is opposite day or ground hog day or god knows what day!:lol:[/QUOTEake your daughter and son-on-law to work day!

Take your daughter and son-in-law to work day!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We saw last night with Ron Estes’ relatively small margin of victory that President Trump is already hurting Republicans trying to win congressional elections. Did you expect such a small margin? What do you think it means for Republicans running in other upcoming elections?

No they knew it was an uphill battle, but they were hoping that a defeat or a slim margin would prove that Trump is losing voters.

And that is why I posted that comment from the New York times where they stated that the people who voted for Trump voted for Estes' so his base is still behind him.

As far as the alert button in the right hand corner, I still do not see it.

PBS NewsHour said Estes managed to hold on to the seat by 7 points in a district that went republican by 31 points last November. That's a significant difference.

The alert button is in the very top right corner in the blue part, to the right of your screen name. It's above where the gray.white part starts.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whenever I open this thread:

kellywhatishappening.gif

katharath

Ideal_Rock
PBS NewsHour said Estes managed to hold on to the seat by 7 points in a district that went republican by 31 points last November. That's a significant difference.

Wow, that is a massive difference!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Katharath, I very much enjoy this thread, too. Mostly because of the reaction (see Kelly Kapowski gif) I feel when I open it because you've started a great thing that not only allows people to FREELY express themselves about the way they feel about their POTUS, but also that the wit and criticism and sarcasm happening here are fun and there seems to be no end to the fodder/fuel for this thread. Pretty sure this one will go down in PS history as a long-standing gem.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Katharath, I very much enjoy this thread, too. Mostly because of the reaction (see Kelly Kapowski gif) I feel when I open it because you've started a great thing that not only allows people to FREELY express themselves about the way they feel about their POTUS, but also that the wit and criticism and sarcasm happening here are fun and there seems to be no end to the fodder/fuel for this thread. Pretty sure this one will go down in PS history as a long-standing gem.

Thanks monarch, thats why I love it too - it's so therapeutic for me, lol!!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Thanks monarch, thats why I love it too - it's so therapeutic for me, lol!!

I also wanted to say that I'm glad others seem to find it therapeutic too - I would've edited my post, but I can't figure out how to do that since the update...:mrgreen:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These aren't from the lunatic but about the lunatic. Chocolate cake anyone?
Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 8.10.28 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 8.10.10 PM.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results