shape
carat
color
clarity

Tweets from a lunatic

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THANK YOU for posting this. This is what corporations and the politicians they're in bed with do to Americans--they don't "provide jobs" and "make America great," they use people up and leave them without a pot to piss in, as the saying goes. Do people need jobs? Yes, of course! Continuing to milk an industry and its people for every. last. drop. is ridiculous, though. Introduce new ways to earn income (hello, obviously renewables) and get people on board with it. All you have to do is convince the elders and the local clergy, and the people will climb on the wagon from there. It isn't hard to do at all.

But it IS hard to do Monnie. People get so entrenched and are soooo afraid to learn a whole new career. Especially if learning is not their strong suit in the first place. It is easy for those who are strong and do not have a fear of learning. But many of these people are 40+ and have not seen a classroom in decades. Can you imagine the fear? I want people to be helped to succeed and something has to be done to better things for them. Likewise in the inner cities. I love what Mike Rowe does for getting younger people involved in trade careers and wish people like him would get together to solve these problems. They can be solved and not just by willy nilly throwing money at it either. It will take work and leaders with enthusiasm to do it.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
But it IS hard to do Monnie. People get so entrenched and are soooo afraid to learn a whole new career. Especially if learning is not their strong suit in the first place. It is easy for those who are strong and do not have a fear of learning. But many of these people are 40+ and have not seen a classroom in decades. Can you imagine the fear? I want people to be helped to succeed and something has to be done to better things for them. Likewise in the inner cities. I love what Mike Rowe does for getting younger people involved in trade careers and wish people like him would get together to solve these problems. They can be solved and not just by willy nilly throwing money at it either. It will take work and leaders with enthusiasm to do it.

You may be right, Red,but from where I stand it isn't that difficult. Because like I stated in my post, one has only to gain public approval through politics or religion to direct the masses in whichever direction they choose. It's a thing, or haven't you heard? Aka "history." As mucthh as I hate it for humanity, our weakness of needing to feel useful and included can be exploited. And that's what makes a great leader--know whom to exploit and when to do so. I'm actually more confident in Trump than you might think; I hope he can ignore every other interested party offering him more money and extend a "hand" to coal towns by bringing in NEW and BETTER jobs in the form of renewable energy. Here's hoping. And for he record here on PS...omg a liberal just had hope in DT!!! Stop the presses! LOL

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess he realized its different when you're the one in charge and have the intelligence for review to make a decision. At least he made one.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I guess he realized its different when you're the one in charge and have the intelligence for review to make a decision. At least he made one.
+1

And the pained expression on his face when he referred to those beautiful babies and them dying a slow death was heartbreaking.

If the other side wanted to be the least bit accurate they would be showing that photo as well.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
His "pained expression" was "heartbreaking"?
You've got to be kidding me.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
His "pained expression" was "heartbreaking"?
You've got to be kidding me.

I could have said the same when Obama cried on air.

But I am not their heart no more than you are. And with your hatred of this President, you are going to only see what you want to.

Fortunately, I do not suffer the same limitation.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could have said the same when Obama cried on air.

But I am not their heart no more than you are. And with your hatred of this President, you are going to only see what you want to.

Fortunately, I do not suffer the same limitation.
I think you misunderstand.
You say his expression was heartbreaking. Not that children dying is heartbreaking. And it's not like he could have helped thousands of them..oh wait...

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
japan.png

"The large hashtag on the ad translates to #TrumpAdministration, and in the small blue box with the Twitter logo are the words: "There is a now you do not know." This, presumably, is a suggestion that the news instantly appears first on Twitter."

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I think you misunderstand.
You say his expression was heartbreaking. Not that children dying is heartbreaking. And it's not like he could have helped thousands of them..oh wait...

How is letting some of them in going to help the ones who are stuck there?

Or do you propose we take all of them in?

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How is letting some of them in going to help the ones who are stuck there?

Or do you propose we take all of them in?
You're so right ruby, Trumps idea of closing the border to Syrian refugees is obviously a better answer. *eye roll*.

Letting SOME of them in helps SOME of those people. Is it really so black and white for you? Help all or help none? Isn't some better? Where do you think all the people who were denied are? Perhaps another more generous country took them in, or they are still desperately trying to escape.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
You're so right ruby, Trumps idea of closing the border to Syrian refugees is obviously a better answer. *eye roll*.

Letting SOME of them in helps SOME of those people. Is it really so black and white for you? Help all or help none? Isn't some better? Where do you think all the people who were denied are? Perhaps another more generous country took them in, or they are still desperately trying to escape.

IMO, you are of more help to everyone by removing Assad's ability to fly off these missiles loaded with Sarin.

And how many were you proposing to help? And which ones were you willing to sacrifice. Sort of like playing G-d on who lives and who dies.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well...this just happened. :doh:

john.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 2.28.45 PM.png
Well, of course not Spicey. Hitler was much neater, gave them "showers" and then turned them into ash. Assad is messier. WTF IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!?

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, of course not Spicey. Hitler was much neater, gave them "showers" and then turned them into ash. Assad is messier. WTF IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!?

Ditto this. This level of mind-numbing stupid manipulating the levers of power, is just a constant nightmare. And I'm waiting to hear the defenses/spin of Spicey's total fail on anything resembling history, either here or in the (ever more un)real world. Those have potential to be even more entertaining in a train wreck sort of way.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Where is the injustice when certain posters constantly compare Hitler and Trump all the time here?

As far as I can see Trump is not gassing anyone.

As far as Hitler not gassing his own people, the Jews living there were German citizens, so whether Hitler liked it or not they were part of his own people.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dan Rather's response to Spicer's pathetic comments:

It is with sadness that I do not know where to begin. Today in a briefing, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer issued a statement that is so far beyond the pale, so tone deaf and blind to history and our precarious moment in world affairs, that it is with only a heavy heart that I even bring attention to it. There can be no joy in such incompetence.

In trying to make the case for the Administration's policy in Syria and vis a vis Russia which is confused to be generous, and wildly chaotic to be more precise, Mr. Spicer said, “We didn’t use chemical weapons in World War II. You know, you had someone as despicable as Hitler who didn’t even sink to using chemical weapons.” He continued, “So you have to, if you are Russia, ask yourself: Is this a country and a regime that you want to align yourself with?” When asked to clarify, Mr. Spicer said, "“I think when you come to sarin gas, he (Hitler) was not using the gas on his own people the same way that Assad is doing.” Mr. Spicer went on to mention "Holocaust centers," in an apparent reference to the Nazi concentration camps.

This line of rhetoric is so unhinged, so amateurish, so lacking in the context and perspective necessary for statesmanship and diplomacy that I do not see how Mr. Spicer can be allowed to continue in his current position. But in the end, this is less about him and more about an Administration that is inserting itself in a civil war and now is plunging into a drastic reformulation of American foreign policy without any clear sense that they have a plan. When you try to explain such a situation, it is understandable that your words don't make sense.

A bar, already set low, continues to drop.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spicer is inarticulate, bumbling, unsophisticated, an embarrassment, and not suited for the job. He is painful to watch and firing him would be a mercy. Search youtube for "sean spicer bloopers", unbelievable.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata, I doubt anything could top what he said today.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Incredible, in the worst possible way. It is incredible that the dumbest f*cks around are running our country, and that an unbelievable amount of people remain downright happy about it.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
He said it and he apologized.

As for Dan Rather, didn't he have a hissy fit while live on the national news and then walk off the set.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He said it and he apologized.

As for Dan Rather, didn't he have a hissy fit while live on the national news and then walk off the set.

Snort. He apologized because he got a well-deserved posterior portion reaming.

No number of apologies change the fact that the man is an embarrassing idiot who should never be let near a mic.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Then why have you never spoken up when certain posters make that comparison here?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results