clarity

Tsk Tsk, Tiffany & Co.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:-o

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Either I'm very tired which is a possibility as its 1am here, or I'm missing something. Can someone care to explain what Tiffany did? I Just see a plain old ad.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Either I'm very tired which is a possibility as its 1am here, or I'm missing something. Can someone care to explain what Tiffany did? I Just see a plain old ad.
One of our premium vendors top of the line diamonds are called A Cut Above and it is trademarked

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wasn’t there a law suit between Tiffany and Costco because they were using the term Tiffany setting, rather than Tiffany style setting?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, I smell a cease and desist order or, are Tiffany and Whiteflash collaborating? Probably not.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ACA is well-established and not hard to find so this is surprising. If there's a silver lining it's a tip of the hat from T&Co marketing brains (hopefully unintentional) who chose the expression. But it's not theirs to use. I'm sure WF team are aware and will act appropriately.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We will be looking into it. Technically our trademark is A CUT ABOVE®

However, there is sufficient confusion created here, particularly because the pitch is focused on diamonds of elite cut quality, that it may be a legally enforceable infringement on our trademark.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We will be looking into it. Technically our trademark is A CUT ABOVE®

However, there is sufficient confusion created here, particularly because the pitch is focused on diamonds of elite cut quality, that it may be a legally enforceable infringement on our trademark.

I hope it is legally enforceable, because this is dumb on Tiffany's part.

Johnbt

Shiny_Rock
Premium
A quick google search turned up one from March 5th.

F963C922-C2AA-42C7-AAAE-347AF9FE2EFB.jpeg 7F36DF5F-BE42-463F-8EAB-E14F97DDCE7D.jpeg

I see my iPhone rotated the closeup.

“A Cut Above”

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW. Tiffany must be hurting since consumers don't want to pay for their diamonds when they aren't cut as well as WF, CBI, and other super ideals. It PAINS me when I see people paying two times the cost to have a mediocre tiffany diamond.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The point about a trademark is the onus of legal liability falls on the user to prove their case. WF are in a very strong position.
The Costco Tiffany ring case was fa more complex - it is a bit like the old stoush when people used the term 'biro' asa generic term for ball point pen. The BIC biro was invented and protected by Count Biro.

BMI

Shiny_Rock
no - open the link - its just text based, not image

Haha, the reason I asked if the all caps make a difference is because I did open it and read the following, but didn't understand what it meant.

Mark Literal Elements:
A CUT ABOVE
Standard Character Claim:
Yes. The mark consists of standard characters without claim to any particular font style, size, or color.
Mark Drawing Type:
4 - STANDARD CHARACTER MARK

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Let’s not jump to conclusions here.
If this is a trademark infringement, I am sure Tiffany will cease using it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results