shape
carat
color
clarity

Trump Fires FBI Director James Comey

E B

Ideal_Rock
NBC News is showing part of the interview with Lester Holt and Trump and Trump is contradicting the WH official story about why he fired Comey. The President himself. Incredible.

He also said "I asked Comey if I was under investigation." A YUGE no-no.

What. a. mess. How much more of this must we endure?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NBC News is showing part of the interview with Lester Holt and Trump and Trump is contradicting the WH official story about why he fired Comey. The President himself. Incredible.

He also said "I asked Comey if I was under investigation." A YUGE no-no.

What. a. mess. How much more of this must we endure?

Its not a no-no to ask but it would be for Comey to answer. I can understand him wanting to know, anyone would. But he should know better than to ask.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
I did not want him to go after her. I wrote to the WH to ask that he not because I just wanted her to go away. It was better for the country that she did.

Agree, Red.
However, it is frustrating to see others, who have done far less, lose their careers and even go to jail while HRC skates.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Its not a no-no to ask but it would be for Comey to answer. I can understand him wanting to know, anyone would. But he should know better than to ask.

Of course it's a no-no to ask. What about the outrage over Bill meeting Lynch on the tarmac? Over just the *chance* of discussion of investigation. Here, Trump actually admits doing so.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with you that the discussion should not have happened EB. Hence one of the reasons I think he is a booby because he just does not understand how things work or why. He has no concept (or care it seems) of optics which is why some love him so much and others cringe.

Lynch and Clinton absolutely should have known better.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How is this even a legitimate government lol.
Weren't there threads about Putin killing people that were investigating him? [either that or I watched a youtube vid] I wonder what's next on the soap opera that is the US govt...

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, Obama. Do I need to list what was done? At least Trump has only faced protest -- and fairly peaceful ones at that. No one is asking him to show his birth certificate, or saying that he should be 'hung...from the portico of the White House' (Trump's butler), or yelling out "liar" while he spoke in Congress (even though if anyone deserves it...).

Of course, those things were terrible, but do you think they were common? The media, as a whole, supported President Obama to a fault. He made many mistakes, but you would never know it from the nightly news.
And, yes, I'm aware that President Obama is a faithful husband, good family man, a gentleman, and good orator with a good personality. I appreciate those things about him. Wish those things were true about Trump.
Trump brings much upon himself, however, two wrongs don't equal a right.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
Jesus, I plan my lunch better than the White House plans their moves. Couldn't they get their story straight before they talk to the press? It just makes them look so bad.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
True, tc. Trump and his administration certainly lack the smoothness of the former administration.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with you that the discussion should not have happened EB. Hence one of the reasons I think he is a booby because he just does not understand how things work or why. He has no concept (or care it seems) of optics which is why some love him so much and others cringe.

Lynch and Clinton absolutely should have known better.
It is Trump's job to know better. We should never make allowances for his incompetence because he is an outsider. That is how he will get away with murder.

Do us a favor and stop seeing him as a "booby" and start seeing him for the conniving criminal he truly is. Dumbing him down and making excuses for him (while holding other politicians to higher standards) is hypocritical and dangerous. One might even say it is typical Trump supporter behavior.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is Trump's job to know better. We should never make allowances for his incompetence because he is an outsider. That is how he will get away with murder.

Do us a favor and stop seeing him as a "booby" and start seeing him for the conniving criminal he truly is. Dumbing him down and making excuses for him (while holding other politicians to higher standards) is hypocritical and dangerous. One might even say it is typical Trump supporter behavior.

With all due respect - You do you and I will do me OK? My post was in agreement with you and not of a combative or disrespectful nature to you.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With all due respect - You do you and I will do me OK? My post was in agreement with you and not of a combative or disrespectful nature to you.
Thanks for your permission for me to behave as myself. I couldn't have gone on without it. o_O

Maybe you should reread your contradictory statement about Trump (which prompted this issue in the first place..) which one? There lies the problem!!
:roll:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your permission giving me to behave as myself. I couldn't have gone on without it. o_O

Maybe you should reread your contradictory statement about Trump (which prompted this issue in the first place..) which one? There lies the problem!!
:roll:

Yet you want me to do you a favor and act or think in a way that is acceptable to you?

My point is that Trump does not care about optics and he said as much in the interview with Lester Holt. We are used to political hacks that are all about optics so when a mistake like Clinton and Lynch's happens it surprises us.

And I don't see him as a conniving criminal, that is reserved for Hillary. If I am wrong about him it will come out eventually.

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You comment made me laugh out loud Red. You are perfectly content having a dumbass sitting in the White House. One that has the self control of an eight year old, I might add.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You comment made me laugh out loud Red. You are perfectly content having a dumbass sitting in the White House. One that has the self control of an eight year old, I might add.

Nah. Just perfectly content that Hillary is not sitting in the WH.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trust me, if Hillary were sitting in the WH and acted like Trump I would not be running to her defense. We look like a country of fools. Yeah your party won. You elected a real prize!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hillary, Hillary, Hillary.

image.gif

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yet you want me to do you a favor and act or think in a way that is acceptable to you?

My point is that Trump does not care about optics and he said as much in the interview with Lester Holt. We are used to political hacks that are all about optics so when a mistake like Clinton and Lynch's happens it surprises us.

And I don't see him as a conniving criminal, that is reserved for Hillary. If I am wrong about him it will come out eventually.
I am not one for mind control Red. I just want you to be real with yourself. You are a Trump supporter. You support and defend him everyday on this forum. You know the old saying, if it walks like a Trump supporter...

I am used to people who are qualified enough to run my country. I am used to people who are not committing treason while trying to become my president.

I am also used to a population of voters who know what they are doing, but now, the dumbing down of America...perfectly excecuted by the Republicans has worked!!! Now the Republican law makers have a license to do whatever they want because their voting population is stupid enough to vote against themselves and think they've done a good thing.

If Trump isn't a criminal, then why has he broken the law many times and brought about thousands of lawsuits to defend himself? A criminal is a criminal and Trump is definitely a criminal.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I support the POTUS. Never said I didn't. When there is evidence of treason I am sure we will know it. People voted for him to blow up the establishment. I can't agree with their choice but he is the president. Pence could take over tomorrow and I would be happy. I would have been happier with Cruz personally but I did not get my choice. You don't have to like it or understand it and that is your prerogative.

E B

Ideal_Rock

Isn't that the truth.

I believe it was Nicole Wallace (served under Bush, was part of McCain's campaign) who said something so true this morning: The most maddening thing isn't what Trump is doing-- he was as much a flaming moron as a candidate as he is now. It's the continued support he's getting for it. No matter what, he'll have an unshakable base that would literally excuse his shooting a man on 5th avenue, and he knew it all along. It truly is the Dunning-Kruger Presidency- both in title and support. You simply cannot reason someone out of a position s/he did not reason him/herself into.

Last edited:

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Awhile back, someone on FB wrote "Elect a clown, expect a circus." I think that should be amended to read, "Elect a dangerous clown, expect the circus tent to collapse." Something is going to give. I hope it isn't democracy.

E B

Ideal_Rock
By the way, re: Clapper and saying there was "no evidence" of collusion, he was on MSNBC this afternoon and said there may very well be-- he just wasn't aware of it, nor should he have been in those circumstances as he wasn't part of the crimes division. In the interest of going forward.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At what point does one quit drinking the koolaid and say "we really F'ed up electing this a&& as president? At what point does your party start worrying about what Trumps is doing to our country and how we are viewed in the world? EB says it all above.

The only thing that is giving me a glimmer of hope is Trumps approval rating is at 36%.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I support the POTUS. Never said I didn't. When there is evidence of treason I am sure we will know it. People voted for him to blow up the establishment. I can't agree with their choice but he is the president. Pence could take over tomorrow and I would be happy. I would have been happier with Cruz personally but I did not get my choice. You don't have to like it or understand it and that is your prerogative.
I'm not sure you were around during the Obama days. Were you defending him with as much passion as you show Trump?? Honest question.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results