carat
color
clarity

Trump Fires FBI Director James Comey

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So crazy that McCain actually brought up "her emails". Omg

Incredible. So is every current elected Republican a lying immoral POS, or does it just seem that way?

Well Kath, you know the saying "if the shoe fits".

Paul Ryan was making excuses for Trump saying "He is new to government" At what point is Trump accountable? Trump has a staff and advisors. Isn't it their job to advise him?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well Kath, you know the saying "if the shoe fits".

Paul Ryan was making excuses for Trump saying "He is new to government" At what point is Trump accountable? Trump has a staff and advisors. Isn't it their job to advise him?

This the stupidest argument. Good luck to anyone who says to a cop, "sorry, officer. I didn't realize that going 100MPH wasn't ok. I'm new to this part of town.". If this nonsense is the best they have, they are seriously screwed.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adam Schiff (democrat) made the comment on CNN " We can't get to the point where we lose our shock over this president's conduct. He knows right from wrong and if he doesn't, he should not be in that office"

My guess is we are going to be hearing the Republicans say Trump didn't know what the ethical lines are.

If this comes down to Comey's word against Trump's word, who could possibly believe Trump? The man has told one lie after another the entire time he has been in office, Dont even get me started on all the lies he told on the campaign trail.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
Adam Schiff (democrat) made the comment on CNN " We can't get to the point where we lose our shock over this president's conduct. He knows right from wrong and if he doesn't, he should not be in that office"

My guess is we are going to be hearing the Republicans say Trump didn't know what the ethical lines are.

If this comes down to Comey's word against Trump's word, who could possibly believe Trump? The man has told one lie after another the entire time he has been in office, Dont even get me started on all the lies he told on the campaign trail.

CNN ran a focus group of Trump supporters in Ohio and believe it or not, they all said their support for Trump is stronger after watching Comey's testimony. Some of them thought Comey lied under oath and one woman thought the media distorted everything. It's really crazy...we live in completely different universes.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CNN ran a focus group of Trump supporters in Ohio and believe it or not, they all said their support for Trump is stronger after watching Comey's testimony. Some of them thought Comey lied under oath and one woman thought the media distorted everything.

This seems completely believable to me. I am convinced, now, that there is no hope for the United States. We have entered the Dark Ages that followed the Golden Age of Pericles and The Roman Empire. That does not mean that there will never be a Renaissance, but it may not take place on this continent.

AGBF

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TC and Deb, I also saw the CNN focus group interview, After watching it I told my husband I have little hope for this country. We really do live in a completely different universe. Trump couldn't tell the truth to save his life and they fall for every word he says.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's what we do know...

No impeachment.

No Russian collusion. Pie in the face to all the left wing media especially Chris Matthews...
nuts.gif

No obstruction of justice.

Comey was leaking information to his close friend.

Loretta Lynch was twisting Comey's arm requesting that he call the Clinton investigation a "matter," partially leading to his decision to make his now famous statement about the results of that investigation.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can say the same about HRC's Email.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
TC and Deb, I also saw the CNN focus group interview, After watching it I told my husband I have little hope for this country. We really do live in a completely different universe. Trump couldn't tell the truth to save his life and they fall for every word he says.

I had completely the same reaction. I just can't understand the inability to see anything wrong with what Trump did/does. I support some politicians but I can evaluate their performance and policies independent of the person, and can criticize those policies I don't agree with.

I think it stems from ignorance. How can people criticize policy when they don't know much about it? Perhaps the thinking is It takes less effort to simply support what the guy I sent to office tells me to support and oppose what they tell me to oppose. So I form my opinion based on what I experience and what I'm told; I don't have time to research the nuances and consequences. Is it similar when the Trump supporters here say "I don't know about Kansas" even when they want essentially the same tax policy applied to the country?

My thoughts are jumbled; I'm typing on the phone and I haven't thought this through.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder the same thing when I see people following Hillary Clinton blindly. The voting public is full of low information voters on both sides.

:wavey:

Since when is admitting that you don't know about something ignorant? I do not know everything and neither do you. I posted what I read from people who live in Kansas that was an opposing opinion to yours. BTW we all are told something by someone or there wouldn't be so many links to articles that support our ideology or have information we agree with. I read all of them posted by everyone and find my own information - even information that refutes what you believe. So ignorant of me.

Do you live in Kansas?

Last edited:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can say the same about HRC's Email.

Do we have a drinking game going yet? But, but, HER EMAILS! ;-)

ETA: I think people of all political bents probably selectively choose who to get their information from and often don't bother to inform themselves on proposed policy issues before voting. Blind voting along party lines is really common on both sides (and in all places). I have liberal friends here who were shocked by a tax increase the newly elected liberal government was very open about...the problem was that people never bothered to inform themselves about where the threshold was being set for the 'wealthier' to 'pay a little more,' so that the middle class 'and those trying to become so' would benefit. So lots of people who assumed they were middle class and would benefit from the new policy got an unhappy surprise come tax time (and were surprised by how much it actually was - 'a little more' translated to 'a whole lot more' for some folks). So being uninformed about policy isn't unique to conservatives. I think we as liberals just get frustrated because of where people who think differently from us place their priorities, and what they might be willing to ignore or minimize as unimportant in order to have their primary agenda (like the Supreme Court nomination) met. Because it doesn't make sense to us, we assume they might be ignorant. That might not be true...they might just not care about the same things we do.

Last edited:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your thoughtful post cmd.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder the same thing when I see people following Hillary Clinton blindly. The voting public is full of low information voters on both sides.

:wavey:

Since when is admitting that you don't know about something ignorant? I do not know everything and neither do you. I posted what I read from people who live in Kansas that was an opposing opinion to yours. BTW we all are told something by someone or there wouldn't be so many links to articles that support our ideology or have information we agree with. I read all of them posted by everyone and find my own information - even information that refutes what you believe. So ignorant of me.

Do you live in Kansas?

The dictionary definition of ignorant is lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact. There is no problem with being ignorant (I say I don't know a lot). My issue, using Trump's tax proposals as an example (but I agree there are low-information voters on both sides), is when people who are strong supporters of those large tax cuts are not even aware that similar reductions were implemented in Kansas and its results. That's like saying I'm a massive Beatles fan but never heard of Sgt. Pepper's.

I'm not saying we have to know everything, but we should know about the things we strongly support and the things we strongly oppose. (How does one feel strongly about something when one doesn't really know it?) And you've said before that you feel everything is politics; I don't. To me facts exist and that should be where we start the dialogue. We can interpret data lots of different ways, but the conclusion should always be supported by data.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

A few of my thoughts-

I see much has been made of Comey leaking his memos to the New York Times through a friend of his. I think it was a brilliant move on Comeys part. . He was probably steaming from how the Pres. described him and the FBI, and having the memos gave him the material that could illicit the naming of a Special Prosecutor by the Ass. AG, which it did. The SP , especially a man like Mueller, will now look at the allegations of Obstruction and abuse of power more closely. There is some evidence that the Pres. had asked the heads of two Intel agencies to intervene with Comey on the investigation. They refused to answer in the previous days testimony. In fact, I thought the Admiral was rather nasty. Coates was decently cordial, but refused to answer the questions. Mueller will get at the truth. If The Pres also asked these men, the evidence piles up.

I fee bad for Comey, he loved his job, and this vile, man took it away from him. His explanations for doing some things, like HC, was based on what I see as reasonable conclusions. To those who might say that the Pres used the words" I hope", please remember Bill Clinton only wanted to say Hi to the AG. Both positions are nonsense. Both situations were trying to influence.

It is too bad we lost a man like Comey. Men like Comey do protect us.
There are now storm clouds above the Pres. head. He is now under investigation.

Annette

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it similar when the Trump supporters here say "I don't know about Kansas" even when they want essentially the same tax policy applied to the country?
I didn't vote for Trump, but "here's what we do know" the Obama liberal policies didn't work for the past 8 yrs. This was another reason why HRC lost the election.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The dictionary definition of ignorant is lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact. There is no problem with being ignorant (I say I don't know a lot). My issue, using Trump's tax proposals as an example (but I agree there are low-information voters on both sides), is when people who are strong supporters of those large tax cuts are not even aware that similar reductions were implemented in Kansas and its results. That's like saying I'm a massive Beatles fan but never heard of Sgt. Pepper's.

I'm not saying we have to know everything, but we should know about the things we strongly support and the things we strongly oppose. (How does one feel strongly about something when one doesn't really know it?) And you've said before that you feel everything is politics; I don't. To me facts exist and that should be where we start the dialogue. We can interpret data lots of different ways, but the conclusion should always be supported by data.
So your conclusion of ignorance in your previous post is innocuous? When reading that post as a whole I do not come to that conclusion.

I had completely the same reaction. I just can't understand the inability to see anything wrong with what Trump did/does. I support some politicians but I can evaluate their performance and policies independent of the person, and can criticize those policies I don't agree with.

I think it stems from ignorance. How can people criticize policy when they don't know much about it? Perhaps the thinking is It takes less effort to simply support what the guy I sent to office tells me to support and oppose what they tell me to oppose. So I form my opinion based on what I experience and what I'm told; I don't have time to research the nuances and consequences. Is it similar when the Trump supporters here say "I don't know about Kansas" even when they want essentially the same tax policy applied to the country?

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
So your conclusion of ignorance in your previous post is innocuous? When reading that post as a whole I do not come to that conclusion.

You are free to feel offended.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FBI Director James Comey testified under oath that he felt uneasy about being cornered by Donald Trump at dinner and asked to pledge his loyalty. When he declined to do so, he was fired. Now today there is this.

From "The Washington Post"

"Preet Bharara, a prominent former U.S. attorney ousted by President Trump, said Sunday that he reported to the Justice Department efforts by the president to 'cultivate some kind of relationship' with him, describing phone calls from Trump that made him increasingly uncomfortable.

In his first sit-down interview since his March removal, Bharara said he reported one of the phone calls to the chief of staff for Attorney General Jeff Sessions because it made him uneasy. He said he was dismissed from the important prosecutor’s job in Manhattan only 22 hours after he finally refused to take a call from the president."

Link...https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/bharara-says-trump-phone-calls-made-him-uncomfortable/2017/06/11/53d4b090-4ebe-11e7-91eb-9611861a988f_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_trumpbharara-731pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.17c4e184c234

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata opened this discussion by asking what was wrong with Senator McCain the morning of the hearings for Jim Comey. I knew something was physically wrong with him and now we know what it is. I never thought it might be something as tragic as brain cancer.

AGBF » Jun 8, 2017

Matata said:
"WTF was wrong with John McCain this morning? He looked as though he was physically uncomfortable; his questions to Comey were obtuse and he had trouble not only making his point but understanding what his point was."

I replied :
"I was certain, as I watched, that he he had developed dementia. When a commentator suggested he disliked Comey, I was surprised. Didn't the commentator notice that from the start McCain was confused and mixed up the names 'Comey' and 'Trump' when he spoke? Of course I could be wrong (as Comey said so many times)."

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, so saddened when I heard the news last night about McCain having brain cancer. And such an aggressive and usually insurmountable form. :( The same kind that took Senator Edward Kennedy and Beau Biden.

I must admit my second thought after sadness for him and his family was, "Well, that likely explains his bizarre comments during the Comey hearing."

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, so saddened when I heard the news last night about McCain having brain cancer. And such an aggressive and usually insurmountable form. :( The same kind that took Senator Edward Kennedy and Beau Biden.

And let us never forget how that blowhard Trump treated Senator McCain. He had a chance to express regret for this statement once he had won the campaign, but he never did. Of course.

Link...http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/trump-attacks-mccain-i-like-people-who-werent-captured-120317

AGBF

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, Trump will never apologize or admit an error on his part. Everything is always someone's else's fault. His comments regarding Senator McCain were terrible. Anyone who had an ounce of human decency would have never had said such a thing and at the very least would have apologized immediately after saying something so awful. The sad part is many of his supporters see nothing wrong with how he treats people and acts.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results