shape
carat
color
clarity

Tried on two more dresses...opinons please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Okay, so I finally have a moment to reply. Thank you for all of your responses. A lot of good points were brought up.

Dani~
So the Marisa dress would be considered an A line? I guess I never thought it was... I think the pickups threw me off.
37.gif
I don't know what I thought it was? Oh and the Marisa dress is actually the heavier one between the two. It has more crinoline and though both dresses are made of silk, the Reem's fabric is lighter. I think I would definitely take some crinoline out from the Marisa if I go that route! It was pretty poofy!

labbielove~
Yeah, I don't think I'd be comfortable in the mermaid. Standing is one thing, but sitting down is another story! lol I never tried to sit while in that dress, but I don't know if I would've even been able to! Probably would've ripped or something!
23.gif
I agree that the Marisa is like a blank canvas and I can do much more with it. Thanks!

Mara (and others who brought up the heat and heavy dress issue)~
Earlyish July in Washington isn't really hot. Sadly. I'm actually hoping that it won't rain for the outdoor ceremony.
40.gif
The past couple years around that time has been overcast and in the 70's. I remember this past July 7th and the one before it (I've been engaged for awhile), I was thinking damnit be sunny! It didn't rain at all, thank goodness for that. I'm praying for sunshine but I don't want it to be too hot, so the 70's part doesn't bother me. I absolutely don't want to sweat! Glowing radiance is one thing, but I don't want the whole slick hair thing going on! Thanks for sharing that story, Mara! June is still rainy for us here and early July is kinda an iffy time. Ya never know if it's going to be nice or drizzly or whatever. Then later on, maybe mid-July and after it's freakin hot! I remember it was in the 100's and I felt so bad for people having outdoor weddings cause it was scorching. Our weather can be pretty unpredictable. I miss San Jose!
39.gif
As far as the heavy dress, I mentioned it to Dani, but the Reem is lighter that the Marisa. Both are silk, but the Reem's fabric is so lightweight. The Marisa is noticably heavier, but I would definitely remove some of the built in crinoline. It's just too much. I sat down and the dress took up my chair and the chair next to me! I was kinda hoping to sit by my hubby on my wedding day.
31.gif

Oh and you're so right about the trends... I won't let it dictate what I wear. I know there are certain things that I wouldn't wear that are TOO trendy (for me), but I kinda think the Marisa is classic in a way. It has the "pickups" that are trendy, but I actually think the skirt is more drapey than anything else... kinda like Cinderella or something? They're not severe, and I like the softness of it.

Oh and IslandDreams and Mara regarding the personality thing....
That's a good really good point. Hmmmm. I think that's the tough part.... I'm a little bit of everything. I'm a true girly girl... I love to shop, am into fashion and designer stuff (handbags, etc.), I love sparklies, but not anything that's overdone. Definitely not anything too gaudy. Or stuffy. I like trendy things since I love fashion, but am very classic. I know I'm not plain. I was trying to think of what I wear on a normal basis. I love a good pair of dressy jeans, heels, long tailored peacoat, maybe a long string of fun pearls. I wonder if the Reem is too princessy? Though I love to be treated like a princess
2.gif
, it may be too regal? I dunno....

cara~
I thought that too. The dress is soo gorgeous (the Reem). But then I've been thinking does it suit me and my wedding vision... Sure the dress itself is amazing but I want it to fit. Something for me to think about.
1.gif

decodelighted~
Ohhh this made me laugh! Off with her head! Believe me, no one wanted to see my head in the Reem pictures. Eeeek.
I plan on wearing my hair down with some up. Soft wavey curls. I'm also loving the loose low updos, but the tattoo thing again.... I'd have to try the tattoo makeup. I'm thinking of buying some and doing a test trial. Wear it for a day and see how much rubs off from clothes, hugging, etc. It would be fabulous if the makeup was unnoticeable and blended with my skin perfectly... then I could wear my hair however I want.

Gypsy~
I'm also worried about the Reem color, even if it looks good with my skin. It is very much a pale gold color, much darker than in the pictures, and I'm not sure if I want that.
33.gif

njc~
I think I will try this with the Marisa dress. I know for sure that the Reem dress is lightweight (I know it doesn't look like it!). I'll see where I carry the weight on the Marisa dress.... good idea!

mercoledi~
Thanks for the no head comparison!
9.gif
So funny! I see what you say about the drop waist now, the side by side really helps with that. The whole time I thought the Reem had a drop waist, and it does, but not as much as the Marisa. And the whole puckering issue could be a downfall of the beautiful Reem silk. The Marisa is silk also but it's more structured in a way, maybe it's just the bodice itself. I don't know how to explain it, but the Reem silk is very soft and didn't hold everything in and up like the Marisa. It's probably the construction of the bodices though... they're very different.

Anyways, I want to keep replying to everyone, I'm so grateful for everyone's input, but I have to get going for now. I could sit on PS all day if I didn't have anything else to do! Maybe I can convince a friend to go with me today and look at dresses. I know for sure I'm going twice next week, once with my best friend, and once with my mother. I know my mom will definitely have an opinion. She always does!
1.gif

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Oops I forgot one thing....

Also, do you think it's possible to have the drop waist of the Marisa (which is a flattering style on me) with an A line skirt that's not as poofy? I've been looking around to see what I can find, and all the drop waist dresses have a very full skirt. Is it possible to achieve the same flattering look on me with out a drop waist? Maybe something that's still tight on the bodice. I had an idea... there's this other Marisa dress that's A line but without the pickups. The bodice is a little different and I was wondering if it can be altered to make it tigher like the Marisa pickup dress? Or like the following Monique Lhuillier dress....

Here is Monique Lhuillier "Geisha" which I LOVE, but I don't think I can rock this style. It's too slim in the hips. But I'm wondering if I can alter the Marisa A line dress to have a tight bodice like this. So ultimately it would look like this but it would be looser in the hips and have an A line skirt.
Knottie HNN (so gorgeous and I want her body!)
347866%3A56%7Ffp348%3Enu%3D3233%3E965%3E347%3E23249654382%3A%3Aot1lsi

And here is the Marisa A line dress (comes with or without sash).... I was thinking it could be taken in throughout the waist and bodice to look like the dress above. The skirt would remain A line.
611_front.jpg
611_back.jpg

So what do you think? Can it be done? Will it look good on me? I adore the look of the Geisha dress, just not how form fitting it is at the bottom. Definitely not flattering on me. Ultimately I would like to recreate the bodice of the Marisa pickup dress with a slim A line bottom.
Or if you know of a dress that fits this description, please let me know! Thanks!!!

Have a wonderful day!
1.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Chelle,

Whew! I just read your last post and got kind of confused...so you want to alter the Marisa A-line to be more full in the skirt? I think that would look kind of awkward...that dress is meant to be a slim-lined A- line dress. It is very pretty, I like it alot. I wonder how that would look on you vs. the first mermaid gown you tried on. Because it is A-line it should flatter your figure more...

As far as sashes/anything that "cuts you in half" (so to speak) at the waist- I would stay away from that. You are not tall, right? I am guessing you are around my ht- 5'4"-ish? And you have a very curvy figure- so anything with a sash or anything that is too tight in the bodice is going to accentuate any and every curve you have, ya know?

I happen to love the Marisa with the pickups- I think it is a very elegant, classic look that flatters you. But you have to be comfortable in it...To me, it just accentuates everywhere it needs to, and it is gorgeous!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
So first of all I still like the Marisa, but I abstained form voting on the mermaid because the pictures just didn''t look right. If you''re going for less dress, I think you could find a trumpet skirt that would work. I have a similar figure and I wore a trumpet/mermaidy thing and think it looked good, you just have to get the right one for your body. I would not buy the other marisa with palns to alter it, I think you''d be better off getting a dress that''s closer to the shape you have in mind.

And I''m going to echo Dani here, I''s none to tall and thought I''d do the sash thing, and it truely did me no favors. I looked much longer and leaner without the sash.

Here''s my dress . I think you could totally do something like this or a very slim aline, you just have to find a dress with the right proportions.

me:

Or a calssic slim Aline like the AT gown this season. Linky

Good luck! I still like the Marisa, but you have time to look. The ML is a good inspiration!

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/18/2006 4:33:00 PM
Author: Dani
Hi Chelle,

Whew! I just read your last post and got kind of confused...so you want to alter the Marisa A-line to be more full in the skirt? I think that would look kind of awkward...that dress is meant to be a slim-lined A- line dress. It is very pretty, I like it alot. I wonder how that would look on you vs. the first mermaid gown you tried on. Because it is A-line it should flatter your figure more...

As far as sashes/anything that ''cuts you in half'' (so to speak) at the waist- I would stay away from that. You are not tall, right? I am guessing you are around my ht- 5''4''-ish? And you have a very curvy figure- so anything with a sash or anything that is too tight in the bodice is going to accentuate any and every curve you have, ya know?

I happen to love the Marisa with the pickups- I think it is a very elegant, classic look that flatters you. But you have to be comfortable in it...To me, it just accentuates everywhere it needs to, and it is gorgeous!
Hey Dani! Sorry about that, I was in a rush and wrote really quickly! What I was thinking of doing was taking the Marisa A line dress and making the bodice tighter... so it resembles the bodice of the Marisa pickup dress or the Monique Lhuillier dress I posted above. Then I would have a dress with the same flattering top half, but with a less poofy bottom half. I don''t know if that makes much more sense! The dress comes with an optional sash, the picture just happened to show it with it. You''re absolutely right... I am 5''4ish! Awesome guess! And I still love the Marisa pickup dress and think it is absolutely gorgeous. I was just looking for similar options with maybe "less dress". The pickup dress has a lot of built in crinoline and the saleslady said I could remove some... I''m just hoping it doesn''t compromise the look of the dress too much!

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/18/2006 5:47:46 PM
Author: mercoledi
So first of all I still like the Marisa, but I abstained form voting on the mermaid because the pictures just didn''t look right. If you''re going for less dress, I think you could find a trumpet skirt that would work. I have a similar figure and I wore a trumpet/mermaidy thing and think it looked good, you just have to get the right one for your body. I would not buy the other marisa with palns to alter it, I think you''d be better off getting a dress that''s closer to the shape you have in mind.

And I''m going to echo Dani here, I''s none to tall and thought I''d do the sash thing, and it truely did me no favors. I looked much longer and leaner without the sash.

Here''s my dress . I think you could totally do something like this or a very slim aline, you just have to find a dress with the right proportions.

me:

Or a calssic slim Aline like the AT gown this season. Linky

Good luck! I still like the Marisa, but you have time to look. The ML is a good inspiration!

First off, WOW, you look AMAZING in your dress!
6.gif
If I had a body like that I would definitely wear that style! I think I''m going to steer clear of the mermaidy shape though since there are other styles that flatter me more. I''m looking for a dress to fit this vision I''m having, and I haven''t had any luck. I used Paint to edit the Monique Lhuillier dress with a more A line skirt and the AT dress you posted looks so similar! Thank you so much! And the price is amazing too! Thanks again!!!

Here''s my awful edit job on the ML dress.
40.gif
It has the tight bodice that is fitted down to the hips and then flares out. The skirt could be a little fuller... slim A line to A line was what I was thinking of. The AT dress looks pretty similar don''t ya think?
1.gif

geisha3le7.jpg

AceP

Shiny_Rock
Premium
henry roth makes some drop waist, a-line styles:

hr1.jpg

AceP

Shiny_Rock
Premium
another

hr2.jpg

AceP

Shiny_Rock
Premium
it''s hard to tell whether this is a slight a-line or a straighter cut...

hr3.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
chelle i think your figure would look great in something like that modified ML dress that you photoshopped. super simple with a-line skirt. drop waists are hugely flattering to shorter gals and esp if you are hourglass (which is looks like you are) , the dropped waist can give an illusion of a longer waist and more space between the top and bottom half. as a short-waisted gal, i can totally relate.

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Mara you''re absolutely right... short, curvy, and short-waisted. Not the best combo, but I think I''ve nailed the look that most flatters me. At least I''m getting somewhere right??
2.gif

So I did an extensive search last night for a dress similar to the ML one I photoshopped. I swear I looked at over 90 pages on The Knot! Then I came across a dress and my mouth literally dropped open. It looked exactly like the silhouette I envisioned but it had some lace detail. (And I LOVE lace, if you didn''t know already!) It has the exact bodice I was thinking of, similar to the Marisa pickup dress. Tight, dropped waist, and it even has the same modified sweetheart neckline! The awful thing is that no one carries it in my area... not even in neighboring states!
39.gif
I *might* be in California in December and there''s a shop in the area that might be able to get it in. That''s probably my only hope of trying it on. Finding a store in California (in the area I''m visiting- IF I go) that carries that particular dress is a long shot. Cross your fingers for me! There''s a store around here that could get it in if I bought it. I''m afraid to buy it without trying it on. If all else fails, I do love the Marisa. I love the Reem too, it''s gorgeous and luxurious, but I don''t know if it fits with the whole wedding. I''m trying it on again with my bridesmaid this week though.
Anyways, here''s the pic of the dress that is so similar to the idea I was having! Now only if I could track it down.
7.gif
Has anyone seen it? Tried it on? Anything at all?

Strapless A-line gown in silk duchesse satin. Dropped waistline. Lace trim at waistline and hemline. Low back. Chapel train. Available white, ivory and champagne.

1710.jpg

And here''s a link to the dress since it wouldn''t let me copy and paste a pic of the back view.
http://www.couturebridalbyelmareis.com/gown_popup.php?dress_num=1710&back_view=1&window_width=642

Beautiful!
30.gif

P.S. Thanks you everyone for your input and suggestions. I don''t know what I would do without all your help! I''ll keep ya updated on everything and hopefully soon I''ll have a dress!

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
hi Chellebelle,

I saw your photos and had to chime in. Both the Marisa and Reem look great on you and I am partial to Reems bc I just love Reem Acra''s fabric and details (I ended up getting a Reem myself). However, not all Reems fit the same of course and even out of 6 different ones I''ve tried on, only 2-3 ended up being the ideal type of fit for my body (short and curvy).

Despite my bias for Reems, I actually have to say in this case that I prefer the fit of the Marisa on you. I think the bodice of that particular Marisa is just more flattering than that particular Reem. The dress you just posted looks like a terrific potential too. Since we have somewhat similar body types and you like lace, there was an Alvina Valenta lace dress that I tried on that I really adored. I probably would have ended up with that dress had I not fallen in love with the Reem I ultimately chose.

I don''t remember the style name but I''ll try to find a photo of when I tried it on to show you which one I''m talking about.

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Okay, found it. Didn't realize it was on this computer so that was easy. I'm not sure if you came across this dress already but in case you haven't, I think it would look fantastic on you (better on you than me for sure!).

Perhaps someone may recognize the name of the style...

ETA: oh and it wouldn't be as 'heavy' looking as far as the whole outdoor wedding aspect although I personally think that it's up to you what style you want to go with regardless whether you are having an indoor or outdoor wedding. You are the bride after all!
2.gif

AVLaceDress.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I happen to like this one that you posted, it looks slimming and lovely (not that you are not slim and lovely now) and I think it you can try one on, do. I know this is an odd question but were you standing up straight in the Reem photo? It looked like you might be slouching a wee bit, and unfortunately as someone who sometimes has bad posture I know it makes a giant difference in how something fits in the bodice area. Also, you are getting married outdside but not on a beach. Is your wedding casual? I say, you are the star of that day so wear your dream dress without fear. I am not saying get the Reem or don''t, just think about how you envision yourself and go with that.

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/20/2006 12:58:12 AM
Author: diamondlove
Okay, found it. Didn''t realize it was on this computer so that was easy. I''m not sure if you came across this dress already but in case you haven''t, I think it would look fantastic on you (better on you than me for sure!).

Perhaps someone may recognize the name of the style...

ETA: oh and it wouldn''t be as ''heavy'' looking as far as the whole outdoor wedding aspect although I personally think that it''s up to you what style you want to go with regardless whether you are having an indoor or outdoor wedding. You are the bride after all!
2.gif
Thank you for posting that pic! Soooo pretty. Alvina Valenta makes gorgeous dresses and you look fantastic in that one!
1.gif
I love Reem Acra, but I think it''s just *that* particular one I tried on... the amount of gold and embroidery, etc might be too much for me. Even the fabric is gold. I like the Reems that are white or ivory with the lighter colored detailing (silver). It''s ornate but not overdone. Maybe because the embroidery color is not as bold as the one I tried on. More subtle in a way? I''ve seen Reem Acra''s "Paradise" dress with gold embroidery but it''s a subtle gold color... very pretty. But I''m still going in this week to try the Reem on again. I want to make sure!

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/18/2006 10:56:05 PM
Author: AceP
henry roth makes some drop waist, a-line styles:
Thanks for your help AceP! Those are some great pictures!

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/20/2006 1:20:19 AM
Author: diamondfan
I happen to like this one that you posted, it looks slimming and lovely (not that you are not slim and lovely now) and I think it you can try one on, do. I know this is an odd question but were you standing up straight in the Reem photo? It looked like you might be slouching a wee bit, and unfortunately as someone who sometimes has bad posture I know it makes a giant difference in how something fits in the bodice area. Also, you are getting married outdside but not on a beach. Is your wedding casual? I say, you are the star of that day so wear your dream dress without fear. I am not saying get the Reem or don't, just think about how you envision yourself and go with that.
Ohhh diamondfan you are sweet, but I'm so not slim! I think certain wedding dresses can work wonders and make me look so much smaller than I am. I never fit into the samples though (well except for the Reem
2.gif
) and I hate trying to figure out what I'd look like in gowns that are too small for me. But thank you! As far as the posture, it is very possible that I'm slouching. I'm slouching right now! I need to improve on that! I'm going to try the Reem on again this week so I'll try to remember to stand up straight!
The ceremony will be outside but the reception will be indoors. The wedding is not formal (not black tie or anything like that), but it's not casual either. Cocktail hour, plated dinner... so I'd say semi-formal? Thinking about thow I envision myself is great advice. But what if I envision myself in 5 different wedding dresses?
31.gif
Kidding....

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
from a seamstress point of view you can''t add non existent fabric to make a skirt fuller.

Cheekyprincess

Shiny_Rock
How about this- dropped waist, a-line, slimmer style... and totally gorgeous!

Link

3602_primary.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/19/2006 9:31:38 PM
Author: chellebelle

Mara you''re absolutely right... short, curvy, and short-waisted. Not the best combo, but I think I''ve nailed the look that most flatters me. At least I''m getting somewhere right??
2.gif

So I did an extensive search last night for a dress similar to the ML one I photoshopped. I swear I looked at over 90 pages on The Knot! Then I came across a dress and my mouth literally dropped open. It looked exactly like the silhouette I envisioned but it had some lace detail. (And I LOVE lace, if you didn''t know already!) It has the exact bodice I was thinking of, similar to the Marisa pickup dress. Tight, dropped waist, and it even has the same modified sweetheart neckline! The awful thing is that no one carries it in my area... not even in neighboring states!
39.gif
I *might* be in California in December and there''s a shop in the area that might be able to get it in. That''s probably my only hope of trying it on. Finding a store in California (in the area I''m visiting- IF I go) that carries that particular dress is a long shot. Cross your fingers for me! There''s a store around here that could get it in if I bought it. I''m afraid to buy it without trying it on. If all else fails, I do love the Marisa. I love the Reem too, it''s gorgeous and luxurious, but I don''t know if it fits with the whole wedding. I''m trying it on again with my bridesmaid this week though.
Anyways, here''s the pic of the dress that is so similar to the idea I was having! Now only if I could track it down.
7.gif
Has anyone seen it? Tried it on? Anything at all?

Strapless A-line gown in silk duchesse satin. Dropped waistline. Lace trim at waistline and hemline. Low back. Chapel train. Available white, ivory and champagne.

1710.jpg

And here''s a link to the dress since it wouldn''t let me copy and paste a pic of the back view.
http://www.couturebridalbyelmareis.com/gown_popup.php?dress_num=1710&back_view=1&window_width=642

Beautiful!
30.gif

P.S. Thanks you everyone for your input and suggestions. I don''t know what I would do without all your help! I''ll keep ya updated on everything and hopefully soon I''ll have a dress!
Oh, wow! LOVE this dress for your figure! I think you would look stunning in it! I hope you get to try it on!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Chelle, that last gown with the lace detailing you posted is gorgeous!
30.gif

Don''t fret if you aren''t able to try it on, though...if you compare it to the new Marisa (with the a-line skirt), they''re extremely similiar in shape. If you''re absolutely not able to try the other on, perhaps you could find a seamstress to add some alencon lace detail at the drop waist and the hem.

I think that a-line Marisa would look great on you, though. It has the slight sweetheart neckline and a classic shape. Plain, with lace detailing or a lace bolero and sash, I think it''d be perfect for you and your venue.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Oohhh, the new dress is really pretty! I love lace detail like that! I too would be nervous about having to buy it before trying it on, some dresses just don't work in person. I did a search on brides.com and found this jim hjelm which I think it about the shape you're looking for:
jh5068tn.jpg

linky

You might also want to look at Melissa Sweet, she does a lot of slim A-lines these days, many with the sweetheart neckline. So does Prascilla of Boston, and most of them carry Melissa Sweet; do you have a Priscilla nearby?

Nicolette.jpg
Eugenia.jpg
Layla_f.jpg
Tess_f.jpg

Good luck!

ETA: One last one!

1063_250.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
that one on the bottom left that was just posted is a PS'er's gown...hmmm ephemery I'm thinking? LOVE IT. What about something like that chelle?

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/20/2006 11:03:44 AM
Author: EBree
Chelle, that last gown with the lace detailing you posted is gorgeous!
30.gif

Don''t fret if you aren''t able to try it on, though...if you compare it to the new Marisa (with the a-line skirt), they''re extremely similiar in shape. If you''re absolutely not able to try the other on, perhaps you could find a seamstress to add some alencon lace detail at the drop waist and the hem.

I think that a-line Marisa would look great on you, though. It has the slight sweetheart neckline and a classic shape. Plain, with lace detailing or a lace bolero and sash, I think it''d be perfect for you and your venue.
I know it is so pretty! It''s funny, both the Marisa A-line dress and the new dress I posted by Elma Reis are nowhere to be found in my area. I called a shop in California in the area I might be visiting and they carry the Marisa A-line dress. And another shop in the area said they could get that Elma Reis in for me to try on. I''m thinking I just need to make a trip to California! It would be great if our vacation plans work out that way.
28.gif

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/20/2006 11:18:32 AM
Author: mercoledi
Oohhh, the new dress is really pretty! I love lace detail like that! I too would be nervous about having to buy it before trying it on, some dresses just don't work in person. I did a search on brides.com and found this jim hjelm which I think it about the shape you're looking for:
jh5068tn.jpg

linky

You might also want to look at Melissa Sweet, she does a lot of slim A-lines these days, many with the sweetheart neckline. So does Prascilla of Boston, and most of them carry Melissa Sweet; do you have a Priscilla nearby?

Nicolette.jpg
Eugenia.jpg
Layla_f.jpg
Tess_f.jpg

Good luck!

ETA: One last one!

1063_250.gif
Girl you are so right on the money! I think you may know my style and personality better than I do!!
2.gif
hehee I love everything you posted. Especially the first Melissa Sweet... the "Nicolette" one. I actually was going to post that one awhile ago but decided it's probably out of reach for me... I figure it's too expensive, so I just dropped the idea. Love love LOVE it though. Maybe I can call to get a price quote but I think Melissa Sweet and Priscilla of Boston are too spendy for me. Sad because I think their styles fit what I'm looking for!
As far as the last dress you posted, that's so funny that you did! I was going to post this one too when I started this whole thread! I've been eyeing that dress for awhile and it was actually the whole reason I tried on the mermaid lace dress! I think it's so gorgeous! I printed out pictures of the dress and brought it to the shop. They had a dress so similar, which is the one I tried on. But it's still a mermaid dress and I don't look so great in those. Thanks though! I seriously considered buying that preownedwedding dress because it is gorgeous and a bargain as well! I just don't think I'd look good in it.
7.gif

Here's the beautiful back of the mermaid dress.... only $300!!! Oh the curse of the short, curvy, pearish/hourglass, short-waisted figure!
39.gif

1063b_250.gif

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/20/2006 11:40:28 AM
Author: Mara
that one on the bottom left that was just posted is a PS'er's gown...hmmm ephemery I'm thinking? LOVE IT. What about something like that chelle?
Oh yes.... the Melissa Sweet "Nicolette" dress.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I actually was going to post this but I thought it was probably too expensive so I decided to just forget about it. But I think I'm going to call one of the bridal shops and find out the exact cost. I love it. LOVE IT. Forget the cost, I found the perfect dress, we'll just eat hot dogs!
11.gif
Okay, okay, the dress search continues but that HAS crossed my mind. hehee I remember when ephemery posted it and I about died. So gorgeous and elegant and classic. And it looks like it was made for her. If I were to try it on, I hope I would look half as good in it as she did! There's another PSer that has it too... maybride I think? She looks fantastic in it as well. Anyways, it's perfect. I just don't know if the price is.
8.gif
I'm going to call right now...

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Hey Chelle- funny that I found your mermaid inspiration. I think the problem with the mermaid your tried on was the sash, it really just makes it look like boobs-then-hips. I still think you could pull that off with the right dress, but if you''re not comfortable in it, then that''s what matters. Did you see this Priscilla from preowned?
http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/listing/949.htm
949c_250.gif

It''s similar to the Marissa but has the princess construction of the Monique L''hullier. I think it''s funny that you''ve gone from trying on lots of foofy things with pickups to looking at satin sheathy gowns. I wouldn''t sweat the timeless thing too much, the Marisa is great on you, and if you love it, you should just get it. The gathering on that is less trendy pickups (um, MS Capri) than gentle gathering.

Anyway, good luck with your try-ons this week!

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
mercoledi~

Oh you are GOOD. That dress is really pretty too. I kinda wish the waistline was a little lower, but it''s still so simple and classic and beautiful. You''re really good at this! And yeah it''s funny about the difference in styles I''m trying on now. What''d I tell ya.... the queen of indecision.
2.gif
I love the Marisa dress and I think it''s my number one right now. I''m concerned about the whole heavy and poofy issue and that''s why I''m looking for dresses with less skirt on the bottom but with the same bodice as the Marisa. I''m worried about sweating and slick hair... Mara put that image in my head with that story of her friend! lol But the original Marisa dress I tried on is gorgeous and is by far the most flattering dress I''ve tried on. My sister/MOH decided to fly in last minute so I''m taking her to see the Marisa. And I''ll see how heavy it is, where I carry the weight, etc. I just wish I could take pics!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Chellebelle,

I saw a post of dress number 3 in another thread. In any case, I thought it was one of the most beautiful dresses I''ve ever seen on a bride. I thought it flattered your figure, and was simple, elegant without any overkill. It''s by far my favorite of all the dresses. Good luck deciding!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/20/2006 1:48:33 PM
Author: chellebelle

Date: 11/20/2006 11:40:28 AM
Author: Mara
Oh yes.... the Melissa Sweet 'Nicolette' dress.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I actually was going to post this but I thought it was probably too expensive so I decided to just forget about it. But I think I'm going to call one of the bridal shops and find out the exact cost. I love it. LOVE IT. Forget the cost, I found the perfect dress, we'll just eat hot dogs!
11.gif
Okay, okay, the dress search continues but that HAS crossed my mind. hehee I remember when ephemery posted it and I about died. So gorgeous and elegant and classic. And it looks like it was made for her. If I were to try it on, I hope I would look half as good in it as she did! There's another PSer that has it too... maybride I think? She looks fantastic in it as well. Anyways, it's perfect. I just don't know if the price is.
8.gif
I'm going to call right now...
Haha... you are so sweet... thanks for the mini-boost of confidence, Chelle!!!
9.gif
But as soon as I saw that Mercoledi posted the Melissa Sweet gowns above, I was about to write that you should check out my pix, since my body seems more similar to yours than the model in the runway pix. I actually don't like the runway shots... I think it looks kind of disproportionate on her boyish shape... but I bet it would be STUNNING on your more hourglass-y figure! Oh and if it helps, I think we paid around $3200 at the Priscilla of Boston in Wynnewood, PA. The other dress I was considering was $5500, so the Nicolette seemed like a bargain at the time!
2.gif

Post with my pix just for reference: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/omg-did-i-really-just-pick-a-dress.49658/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results