shape
carat
color
clarity

OMG... did I really just pick a dress??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhhh!!!! After EIGHT dress-shop expeditions, I am happy to report that I, master of indecision... actually went ahead and chose a dress!!! Pix attached... and excuse my shiny face... it was a little warm in there. Of course now that I'm home I'm feeling a little freaked-out about the final decision being made... so tell me what you think, but please be nice... cause the deposit has been paid and there's no backing out now (unless everyone absolutely hates it and advises me to start looking for other options immediately)!!
23.gif
31.gif

It is the Nicolette by Melissa Sweet, and I tried it on earlier this week then came back again today to try it on again with my MOH... she got teary-eyed even after seeing me in about 20 other dresses this month, which seemed like a good sign.
1.gif

EphDress1.jpg

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
A sitting-down pic... shows the detail on the bodice a little better...

EphDress2.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ephermery, I REALLY love that dress. Gorgeous, classy, exquisite you name it...not to mention you are a knockout in it. Fantastic choice!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, wow! Oh, wow! Oh, wow! You look PERFECT in it! Seriously, it is classic and stunning on you! Now I think I need to go find that one to try on... :)

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations on finding "the one"--it looks perfect on you!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ephermery it looks fabulous on you!!! you are such a cutie too, look at that great figure, it looks smashing in that dress!! it''s classic yet unique with the bodice, love it.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
That dress is so classy and elegant!! I love it, you look stunning! Congrats!
9.gif

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
OK, you guys just made me feel about a million, zillion times better... thank you thank you thank you!!! Whether or not you were just saying it to be nice since it''s a little late for me to back out.
2.gif
I was in love with the dress in the store, and we all had a definite feeling it was "the one"... but after downloading the pix, I REALLY started to worry that the dress didn''t photograph as well as it looked in person. However my MOH reminded me that there was a lightbulb out above the platform I was standing on, so the lighting was a little screwy in that first pic. Ugh... trust me to find something to obsess over.
20.gif

As you all expressed, and Mara nicely summarized, classic yet unique was exactly what I was going for... so hopefully this is it!!
36.gif
Thanks again, lovely PS people!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back out--are you kidding?!? There couldn''t BE a more perfect dress! You look beyond fantastic--like a princess!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! You look teeny tiny in that dress! It''s fabulous!

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
No worries!! That dress is entrancing. It''s elegant and timeless. Truly classic. I love it!! Not to mention that it looks amazing on you!! Congratulations on finding the dress!!!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
it is very classy! don''t change your mind, it''s perfect.

I really like it and I think it highlights your small waist and great figure!

It looks like the elegant, classic look of an ''oval'' wearer. Does that make sense???

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~It looks soo great on you!!! Perfect!!
2.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
It looks perfect on you, and the fabric is DIVINE. Silk satin is the best.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH MY!!!!!! That dress *IS* you!!! OK, I don''t know you but just from looking at your face and frame, that dress suits you to a tee!!!! I love the color -- is it like a pale, pale gold? Divine! The gathering and ruching (if that''s what you call it) on the bodice is so PERFECTLY done....not too much, not too little. Just enough to give the simple lines of the dress some interest and detail. And yes, it is BEYOND flattering...you have an itty bitty little waist which is totally accentuated by that bodice! You are going to cause your groom to pass out with joy and passion when he sees you coming down that aisle!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol ephem...you should know better than to think that *I* would say something just to be nice!!
2.gif
if i say it i mean it...
1.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
OHHH. Ephem, that dress is just TO DIE FOR!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

I love it, it looks FAB on you!!!! Congratulations, you must be so relieved you found "the one!!"
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG! You look stunning. What a GORGEOUS scrumptous gown! WOW. Just fabulous!!! I LOVE IT!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
OH MY!!! You look fabulous in that dress. Excellent choice.
Isn''t it great to cross "the dress" off your list?

And, how could anyone hate it??

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2006 5:56:44 PM
Author:ephemery1

It is the Nicolette by Melissa Sweet, and I tried it on earlier this week then came back again today to try it on again with my MOH... she got teary-eyed even after seeing me in about 20 other dresses this month, which seemed like a good sign.
1.gif

That absolutely is the telling sign!

It looks beautiful! Very lovely choice. congrats.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
OMG!!
23.gif

i love this gown! it''s perfection! great fabric, not plain, but not too much going on...and it fits you like a dream!
seriously, where was this dress when i was looking?!

congrats on making the decision! it''s such a big step!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
what does the back do? similar to the front?

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
I really can''t thank you all enough for helping me through my temporary insanity!! I think the weight of making such a significant, expensive(!) purchase just came crashing down on me when I got home yesterday, so of course I started hyper-analyzing the pix and freaked myself out.
20.gif
31.gif

As my MOH pointed out, it combines so many different elements I liked from the many dresses I tried... I love the neckline, love the ruching, love the fabric, love the shape. The back has two big floppy bows, but we are having it made without the top bow, then adding some buttons instead. I actually ordered it in white since I prefer that tone on me, and Melissa Sweet does a nice soft white, not at all stark.

And yes, it feels wonderful to cross this task off my list!! The dress shop was great, so I''m really looking forward to the whole fitting process when the dress comes in. Yay for decisions being made!!
9.gif

Ok, pix of the back (from website, not me... I forgot to take them from that angle!):

NicoletteBack.jpg

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Close-up of the back the way it''s designed... just imagine that without the top bow, but with a row of subtle satin buttons in its place to cover the zipper-line. The consultant assured me it will look nice like that, but if it''s too much I can always remove the buttons.

NicoletteBack2.jpg

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/20/2006 2:59:40 AM
Author: Mara
lol ephem...you should know better than to think that *I* would say something just to be nice!!
2.gif
if i say it i mean it...
1.gif
Haha... REALLY valid point.
9.gif

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful! Can''t wait to see you in it!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
There''s no backing out sister! It''s gorgeous, and gorgeous on YOU!
Congratulations! What a great feeling, no?
I actually think I may have freaked out after making my final decision too... must be a natural
thing to do after looking so long.
Make no mistake, though, that is a SPECTACULAR dress on you!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ephemery, it''s just gorgeous, and you are going to make one beautiful bride!!!
36.gif
I love the design, it''s such a great blend of modern and classic. Have no regrets, my friend, for you have chosen THE dress for you!
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh i love that back view, it will be great with just one bow as well. one of my best girlfriends who is engaged is dress shopping, i sent her this link going TRY THIS ONE. i just love it on you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results